Strength in Numbers

Julie Great job on TBT Total Body Scrambled Express. I'm glad you were able to do it despite your sore legs. I have not heard f Edge Booty Extreme. You will have to give us your report so I can see if I need to check it out! I agree, I sometimes skip HS or SC just because of the su/pu combo. Hahaha, yes, I wasn't really expecting to get any ab recommendations from you! w

Mary Don't worry about not always having time for personal replies, we all have those times. I hope that you were able to get the PT stuff all set up. They seem to be doing wonders for sleep apnea these days with the CPAP machines, and I hear that the newer ones aren't as big and clunky as some of the older ones. I hope things settle down for you soon!

Cheryl Are there ab workouts on the XTrain series? I can't think of any.....my Go-tos seem to be the abs in ME and LIC. Great job on TRX Force training, housework and shopping!

This morning was Intensity for me. My knee was bothering me last night so I was considering changing the order of the workouts for the next few days, but when I got up this morning the knee felt good so I went with it. It flew by and I was happy that I stuck to the plan. Have a great day!

Pam

1. Last night was cardio and did the wedding video. Love that one, as you all know LOL!

2. Julie, Great job on TBT Total Body Scrambled Express. Glad you made it through since your legs were sore. Good for you! Let us know (when you get it) how Edge Booty Extreme is to your liking. I may do Travel Fit again tonight, we'll see.

3. Mary, One of my neighbors whole family is sleeping with C-pap machines. They tease and say they must look like aliens at night while asleep. But, it does wonders for them on their ability to sleep and on their health as well. Glad your hubby will be able to enjoy the benefits of it. Don't worry about us with bold stuff, it's no biggie. Keep in touch when you can.

4. Cheryl, Great job on TRX Forc Training week 2 day 2. Then back to your busy life. LOL!

5. Take care everyone,

6. Janie

Pam Ummm I thought there was ab work in the XTrain series. Now you have me wondering if I am dreaming or not. I will have to look at my set. Good job on Intensity. Glad that your knee was feeling better.

Janie Good job on the wedding video.

Today I did Imax 2. I haven't done this one in a long time and I was wondering how I would do. I must of been having a good day because it didn't feel too hard for me and I didn't need to rest at all. Pam I thought about you when I was doing the genie hops I know those are your favorite :p. Tonight we are going to our summer fair with some friends. The weather is iffy but it should be OK, just as long as it doesn't pour rain.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Checking in with Pure Strength Back, Biceps and Abs ( not too much of the abs though..). In fact, since I like traditional splits I would have to say I think this is really my favorite combo DVD. I could do it over and over and not get tired of it. BTW, if anybody has any suggestions - from either Cathe or anybody else in good splits please do let me know. I do have Slow and Heavy, Pyramid, and Gym Styles.

Pam Yes, there are Abs ( 1 & 2) in X-train. I have done them in fact- not recently, but they are there to tack on .

Janie What is the wedding DVD? Sounds interesting if its for fitness. Also I do love Travel Fit.. it's a great combo of stretching and fitness. Ironically I have never used it when traveling though. Usually use whatever gym is available.

Cheryl Good work on Imax- that's one I've seen clips of, but haven't purchased ( yet).

Julie I've been watching the Edge Booty as well. What I will be wondering about is there really So much Plyo in it? That's something I try and stay away from- or modify, and don't know if you could do it with that series, so let us know.

Husband got his CPap today.... so am praying for a good nights sleep for Both of us.. When he's up, I'm up -and when we're up Sapphire's up too:eek:....

Mary

Cheryl You are right! There is something in each of the two that I kind've dread so I guess I blocked them out! I was thinking of the LI series, I don't think it has any bonus abs....DUH! Great job on Imax 2, that is awesome that you didn't find it too hard and didn't need to rest. That is a toughie for sure. Oh yea, I am always counting down those Jeannie hops. I mean 8 sets, really? I just think that is a bit of overkill! :rolleyes:
I hope you had fun at the summer fair and the weather cooperated for you!

Mary Great job on PS BBA I really like the PS series a lot too. I think partially because she doesn't go crazy with the pushups! If you love weight lifting, do you have STS? That is a fantastic program and you can use it so many ways! you are right about the abs in XTrain, I have done them many times.! :confused: As I was telling Cheryl, I was thinking of the LI series that doesn't have any bonus ab sections. At least that is my story ;) I hope the CPAP does the trick for your DH and you are all able to get some good sleep!

This morning was PUB for me. I did remember Cheryl's trick about doing the abs first, but this is a DVD that I copied from a VHS, so I can't get to the end without fast forwarding all the way through and that just takes too long. So once again, no way could I make it through that whole pike section without taking a rest. I did some extra pikes when I was done to try to make up for it though. Wow, so glad it's Friday and a long weekend!! Have a great one!

Pam

Short post because I am slammed at work yesterday and today. So glad it is a 3 day weekend! Wednesday I did just the step cardio from BM2 and Thursday I did 50 minutes of KB with Lauren Brooks Shut Up & Train.

Mary Sorry about the sleep apnea issues. Hope you get it worked out and these are temporary. Thanks for the tip on Anthony DeLugia. Great job on PS BBA! I am not much of an abs work kind of girl so any I do is pretty minimal.

Cheryl Great job on TRX training + chores and errands! I will keep you posted on EBE once I get it. Great job on Imax 2! Enjoy the fair. Hope the weather cooperated.

Pam Great job on Intensity! Oh no! So sorry about your knee but glad it was a temporary issue. I have had that happen right before I start a workout and then once I get into things feel fine. Weird how the human body works some times. Great job on PUB! Those pikes are hard. I think they would be hard even at the beginning. Of course that may be because I skip ab work so much.

Janie Great job on Wedding Video! I almost pulled that one out the other day because I remember liking the step routine.

Have a great day and weekend!

Checking in with PS Chest, Shoulders and Tris-- with a little bit of abs and planks ( which I actually love to do).

Question for those of you who have done STS - and per Pam's suggestion.. Do you think STS can be done-- or is 'worth it', if I don't want to do my 1 Rep Max? I am concerned with lifting too heavy and only finding out de facto with an injury ( Janie, you know this too) that I will be out of commission as a result of my "zeal" to do a program.. I do have STS TB and like it a lot, but it is a whole different kind of an animal;)- as we know.

Last night was DH's first night with his CPAP- and except for too much humidity in it, he feels super good today!!

Hope you all have a good, fun and safe holiday.. Our niece and her husband are in town, having taken a trip around the US in their RV, and will be with us for brunch tomorrow- and will stay till the day after the surgery. They are Truly great adventurers..

Mary

Mary Good job on PS Back, Biceps and Abs. I have to agree with Pam that STS is a great series. I hope the CPap works for your hubby.

Pam OK so I am not dreaming then ;). I thought there were abs in that series. Yes the fair was fun but a bit cold. At least the rain held off. Good job on PUB, too bad that you couldn't do the abs first. It really does work with this one.

Julie Sorry that work is so busy for you. Enjoy your long weekend. Good job on the step cardio from BM2 and the KB workout from Lauren Brooks.

Mary Good job on PS Chest, Shoulders and Tris with your added on abs and planks. I think you can do STS without your 1 rep max. I never did the 1 rep max as I had a good idea of what my limits are. If you are concerned about lifting too heavy you can drop the weight down to what you think you can do safely. If you find that it is too light then go up in small increments until you find where you can lift safely. I am glad the CPAP worked for your husband. I know I had to play around with the humidity levels as well. Enjoy your time with your niece and her husband.

So yesterday I did my TRX Force Training for week 2 day 3 and today was day 4. My parents came over yesterday for lunch and today was a bit of cleaning outside. Raked up leaves again and I think this will be my life for at least another month :(. I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend.

Cheryl

Julie Sorry to hear you are so slammed at work, hopefully you are getting a chance to relax this weekend! Great job on BM2 cardio and KB wo. yes, I'm not sure if I can do all of the pikes even it I do the abs first in PUB, but I think I could at least do more.

Mary Great job on n PS CST, I love doing planks too, but then I really like most ab work. I think you could do STS without doing the 1 rep max test. I did them, and I liked having the workout cards as a guideline on how much weight to use, but I often didn't use the weight that the workout card told me to. Sometimes I used more and sometimes I used less. So glad to hear your DH is feeling so great after his first night with the CPAP, that is awesome! How nice to visit with your niece, I hope you have a great time.

Cheryl No, you weren't dreaming, I was having a senior moment! I really think I need to record the ab portion of PUB separately so that I can do it first. Great job on your TRX force workouts. Ugh, I am not a fan of raking leaves, but at least you can look at it as a Bonus workout!

I took yesterday as a rest day, but we did get to the lake and got some water skiing in. We are getting close to our last ski of the season because DH is doing a lot of traveling this month :-( This is his last weekend in town and we don't usually ski anymore in October. This morning was Great Glutes. Have a great day!

Pam

Joey is doing very well with his stitches, he will be getting them out tomorrow. YaHoo! He'll also bring back to the BH most of the art stuff for my Studio. Been very busy with cleaning and getting ready to fill it up. Spent hours already putting books/magazines/instructions... in order. Not sure if I have enough room for everything. I'm sure will have to give up some things, there won't be enough time in my life to do everything. So will pick and choose.

Didn't have time to exercise today. Poo!

I see everyone is doing well, keep up the good work. I'm sorry for not typing in detail.

Mary, just wanted to tell you that STS is perfect for us. Just really make sure you are ready to increase the poundage. It's really a fantastic series and does wonders for your body. My mistake was wanting to do heavier poundage when my body wasn't ready for it. My fault, didn't give it enough time for that to happen. So I was injured because of it. I have an extra copy of the Wedding Video with your name on it. It was when Cathy just got married. She doesn't sell it I think because she moved on from that relationship. Just email me your address. Once you get it my email, I will delete it from here. I hope to send it out during this month.

Take care everyone, will talk more in a couple of weeks I think. LOL!

Janie

Weekend recap: Saturday morning I did LIHI Legs. After that, DH and I went to a cookout at my mom’s and then ran some errands. Sunday was Cycle Max and then being a little lazy with a little laundry mixed in. Monday I did the Gauntlet from Terminator. After that DH and I picked pears from our pear tree and then I worked for a little bit to try and get caught up.

Mary Great job on PS CST + ab work! I think you can do STS and get a lot out of it even if you do not do the 1RM. I find most of the workouts fun and challenging except the 1st meso chest workouts in which you do 100s of pushups in one workout but you could always substitute other chest work during that time. That is great that the CPAP machine helped him sleep better.

Cheryl Great job on TRX Force Training! Well at least the leaf raking is a great arm workout.

Pam Great job on Great Glutes! What a bummer that ski season is almost over. That means Fall is right around the corner.

Janie So good to hear that Joey’s stitches are doing well and he will be getting them removed. I hope if you have to give anything up it is those things you enjoy the least so you can concentrate on doing what makes you happiest.

Have a great day!

Janie I'm glad to hear that Joey is doing well and that he is getting his stitches out! I bet you are excited about getting your studio set up. lol, you are right, there is never enough time to do everything that we want to do is there?! Good luck with getting all of your goodies to fit!

Julie Great job on LIHI Legs, CM and the Gauntlet! It sounds like you had a good balance of work and relaxation over the weekend, I hope so! I just hate thinking that fall is almost here, it makes me very sad! :(

Yesterday morning was AOLIH Extreme cardio premix and Core 1 from.....XTRAIN :D There are no ab workouts in that series, only core ;) This morning was KPC and my abs were still feeling it from core 1. If I had looked ahead on the calendar I probably would have skipped the core work yesterday. Oh well. I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.

Pam

Last night I did Supercuts. The situp/pushup combo about killed me. I had 2 sets left and wasn’t sure I was going to make it but I did. I think I also over stretched my right hip flexor during the sliding curtsy lunges. It’s feeling a little tender right now but hopefully it feels better by tonight.

Pam Great job on AOLIH Extreme + Core 1 and then KPC this morning! Oh man, no fun trying to do the pikes in KPC with sore abs.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Supercuts. Yep, that one has 8 sets of the su/pus instead of just 6 in HS. Great job for pushing through it. Sorry to hear about your hip flexor, hopefully it is a short lived issue.

This morning was Pedal Power for me. I looked at the calendar last night and saw pedal power, and then when I went to check it off today I saw that I was actually supposed to do Cycle Max. I guess I was looking at the wrong week last night, but close enough. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam good job on your waterskiing. If DH isn't here do you go up with some friends to ski? There are still a couple of weeks left until we get into October. Good work on Great Glutes too.

Janie glad to hear that Joey is doing well. So nice to have your own little studio where you can do your crafts. Sorry that you couldn't get your workout in. I know the day can get away from us at times. Tomorrow is another day.

Julie good work on LIHI Legs, Cycle Max and the Gauntlet. So nice to have your own pear tree. If we had one we would be fighting the Bears for them.

Pam good job on AOLIH Extreme and your core work. Sorry that there is on ab work in that series :).

Julie good work on Supercuts. The su/pu combo is a killer. I hope your hip is feeling better.

Pam good job on Pedal Power. It is so easy to look at the wrong week when you are doing the rotations.

Sorry that I have missed a few days here. Sunday I did yoga relax. Monday I started Cathe's September rotation. I found that the TRX just wasn't giving me the intensity that I need. In the two weeks that I did the TRX I put on almost 4 pounds. With being retired I don't think I am as active as I was when I was working. So I need to look at being more active during the day especially in the afternoons. That is when I sit on the couch and put my feet up. So Monday I did Tabatice all 5 rounds which surprised me since I hadn't done it in a long time. Tuesday was Hard Strikes and since I don't have any of her spin workouts I will do some kind of cardio this morning. Also Tuesday we went for a walk but DH walks a lot slower than me so I will need to do some walks on my own. Today we are both getting our eyes tested. I know my vision is changing but I don't want glasses. I had my eyes lasered 16 years ago so my eye exam will be sent to the place that did it for me to see if I can get it done again. Then after that I will get my yearly mammogram.

Cheryl

Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to quickly check in to let you know that my husband's knee surgery looks to be a great success! I am going back up to the hospital now- and will spend the rest of the day there with him. Not surprisingly, I have no energy t0 exercise, but once he comes home, since I will be "at hone" for a while with him, I will be getting my DVDs in order. Those of you who suggested STS, I am taking your suggestion seriously, and/but have some ideas for a pre- warmup to see if I can actually stick with a rotation... More about that later..

Janie: Thanks so much for your offer about the wedding DVD. I will get back to you on that when I can settle back into working out. I do miss it, but everything is happening so fast, here and have to wait till things calm down a bit.

Glad you're all doing well with your workouts! I plan to join you all back again, soon enuf!

Mary

Last night I got ready to work out and when I went into my workout room the lights and TV were turning on and off repeatedly. Then about 5 minutes later half our house lost power. We have the old fuse box rather than circuit breakers and while we thought it might be the little round fuses, it was odd that half the fuses would all blow at the same time. We ended up calling an electrician who luckily got there in about 30 minutes and fixed the problem free of charge. It turned out to be a different type of fuse (a main fuse?). So long story short, I ended up starting my workout 90 minutes later than usual (which is why I hate working out at night sometimes). I only did the first 2 step combos in Step Blast. Better than nothing I guess.

Pam Great job on Pedal Power! Hey you still did the same type of workout just a different one. I like PP better than CM anyway. My hip flexor is feeling a little better but not 100% yet. Trying to be careful with it so it heals and doesn’t get worse.

Cheryl Great job on Yoga Relax! I can see that you probably are not up and walking as much as when you commuted and worked. Great job on Tabatacise! That one is tough and so awesome when you get through all 5 rounds. Great job on HS! I walk faster than my DH too. It frustrates him. Oh sounds like you had a fun day with those appointments!

Mary Great news about your husband’s surgery! Hoping for a quick recovery. I’m excited to hear about your rotation/pre-warmup plans. I have a crazy fascination with rotations. I love planning them, looking at them, reading about them, everything!

Have a great day!

Cheryl There are some other people that I can ski with if DH isn't home, but it's just a bunch of guys so I don't usually go. We have some other friends who live on a ski lake that I can go ski with too, but They are about a 45 minute drive away and I'm too lazy! :D Great job on YR and starting Cathe's September rotation. I am a week and a half into it, so I guess I am a week ahead of you. Wow, it's so easy for a little bit of weight to sneak up on you, isn't it? I never had that problem when I was younger! Great job on all 5 rounds of tabatacise and HS! How was that su/pu combo?! Oh you had quite the fun-filled day, an eye exam and a mammogram! You need to stop living it up like that ;)

Mary So glad to hear that your DHs surgery was successful. I know that had to be stressful for both at you! I hope that he has a quick recovery!

JulieOh man, that is so annoying when you are all ready to work out and something happens to derail you. So glad that the problem wasn't too serious. How nice that he fixed the problem free of charge too! WOW! Great job getting in what you could anyway. Maybe it was fate that you didn't get the whole thing in to give your hip flexor some more rest time....

This morning for me was LIHI Back, shoulders and biceps. It seems like I'm never excited when I have a weight only workout on the calendar, but then they always seem to fly by. Yesterday when I did my spinning workout I didn't wear gym shorts, I just wore my regular Nike workout shorts. Well, I don't think I will do that again. My inner thigh was hurting from the edge of the shorts rubbing on my leg the whole time. I didn't really pay much attention to it, but it was still bothering me this morning and I looked at it and discovered that I had rubbed the skin right off. Only on one side though.....what's up with that?! In any case, I will be wearing cycle shorts when I spin from now on! Have a great day!

Pam

Pam the weight sure did sneak up on me. I never had a problem when I was younger either. The su/pu combo was hard. I had to go to me knees at the end. Good job on LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps. Who would of thought that regular shorts would do that to you. Ouch I how it gets better soon.

Mary I am happy that your husband's surgery went well.

Julie wow that is strange that half the fuses blew at the same time. Nice that the electrician fixed it for free for you. Good for you in still getting in two of the blasts.

Today I did Intensity. Wow I forgot how tough that workout is. I made it through though but some of my moves were a bit rough. After that it was some housework and some errands. Then I came home and raked up a few more leaves. Our eye appointments yesterday went well. We both only need reading glasses we both have 20/20 vision for distance so I don't have to look at getting my eyes re-lasered.

Cheryl

Last night I wanted to do Circuit Blast but my right hip flexor is not liking lunges right now. I can do squats, step ups, and side lunges just not regular lunges. I got to the end of the CB warmup and Cathe did some rear lunges and my hip flexor said “NO WAY!” So I decided to do the cardio timesaver from Low Impact Circuit. I have been trying to roll out my hip flexor and gently stretch it but I may have to break down and ice it. I hate the cold.

Pam Great job on LIHI BSB! Ouch that sounds painful! Definitely remember those spin shorts next time. Well I thought my hip flexor was doing better but guess I need to let it rest longer. So far step workouts are not causing it pain during the workout. Might try spinning this weekend and see if that works too.

Cheryl Great job on Intensity! That is a tough, tough workout. That’s great news about the eye exam. I have problems with distance but can’t do laser surgery. Or at least I can’t go through with it. I have issues with anything being near my eye and there is no way I could do the surgery. I can’t even watch it happen on other people.

Have a great day/weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.