Strength in Numbers

Cheryl Great job on PRS #1, RWH BBS, and housework.

Julie Great job on your roll your own workout. I haven't done that in a long time.

Cheryl Great job on Legs and Abs. I like that one. Oh Nordstroms is a great store. They do have some high end stuff, but they also have some more reasonable stuff and they have great sales.

Julie Great job on your Leg workout from Ede Booty Extreme 2. Is that the first of those workouts you have done? It sounds like a goodie! Great job on PPE too.

Friday for me was XTrain disc 5 legs and I added on round 1 of tabatacise since that one is kind've short. The weekend at Greenbrier was awesome. The place is enormous and so beautiful. Two of my girlfriends and I did a 5 mile hike on Saturday morning and then Saturday afternoon was my spa treatment. I did a mineral soak in the sulpher spring water and then had a massage. It was supposed to be a swedish massage but he ended up giving me a deep tissue massage because I had knots everywhere. He told me that I should be getting a massage every 2-3 weeks. HA! I don't think that is going to happen! Yesterday morning we did a tour of the bunker under the building. It was a secret evacuation shelter for Congress for 30 years until a reporter discovered it and reported on it in 1992. It was very interesting. This morning was supposed to be Kick Max, but I don't have that one so I did the original Imax. I gained 3 pounds over the weekend so looks like I will be cracking down this week!!!!! Have a great day.

Pam

Have been doing Rodney Yee's yoga. He's so good and many to choose from. Also been practicing guitar and jamming with others. So much fun. Took a rest with my studio, but will start again tomorrow to finish putting everything in it's place. Also been crocheting prosthetic breast forms. I am only making practice pieces for myself until I can get the correct yarn they use, then will donate some of my time to making and donating them. Not that I had any cancer, but went through awful memories from a PS who took out my breast implants. Most of you know my story. Anyhoo, wanted to give back to all women who suffer from cancer, accidents and...I think I know some of what they are going through. OMG! I'm rambling...

Cheryl, Great job on Legs and Abs. Sometimes Nordstrom has a good bargain. And I'm a 2nd hand gal most of the time. You never know.

Julie, Great job on Weighted Legs w/o from Edge Booty Ext. 2. It sounds hard! Not weird if you like it and feel it's working for ya. Also for helping your parents. You are very sweet. And for Pedal Power Ext. on Sun. Good for you!

Pam, great job on XTrain disc 5 legs and the addition on round 1 Tabatacise. Loved the photo you took of Greenbrier. Sounds like great fun. Great job on that 5 mile hike and the very needed spa treatment. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. And for doing Imax 1 (original). Good for keeping an I on your weight. It can sneak up on you if you don't. Good for you.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Pam good job on XTrain Legs and 1 round of Tabatacise and the original Imax. You weekend sounds like it was a lot of fun. Wouldn't it be great if you could get a massage every two to three weeks. Those pounds come on fast don't they but I am sure you will lose them quick.

Julie good job on your Edge Booty Extreme 2 workout. Too funny that you were in sweats when you went to Nordstom's and Tiffany's.

Janie good work on doing Rodney Yee's yoga and practicing your guitar. So nice that your studio is almost finished. So cool for you to crochet prosthetic breast forms and donating your time to make them.

So Saturday I did RWH Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and Sunday was yoga. It was a really rainy weekend so we didn't get up to much except to go to my parents yesterday for dinner. This morning it was 4DS Kickbox. It was really nice out today so I got out and raked leaves and started to clean out planters and put things in the garage. It isn't sitting outside weather anymore, I had to put an extra blanket on my bed today because it is getting a bit cold out at night.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Cheryl, great job for RWH Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and yoga on Sun. I love yoga. LOL. Also for this mornings 4DS Kickbox, and yarn cleaning . I to had to put an extra blanket on the bed. Winter is coming. Ugh.

Thank you for the compliment. Here is my breast from I made from a crochet pattern the Co. gave to me. Will be making a match tomorrow. I'm trying to trade yarn with someone who has yarn on the Co. list. I don't dare buy anymore yarn, I have way to much!

Take care,

Janie

Last night I did Edge Booty Extreme 2 Upper Body. It consists of 4 superset with each superset repeated 4 times. I only did each superset 3 times because DH wanted to do Afterburn Single Intervals with me afterward. He only did the cardio portion but I was proud of him for wanting to get back into working out. I still don’t have him convinced that he should be lifting weights because he is too focused on trying to lose scale weight. Oh well, baby steps.

Pam Great job on XTrain Legs + 1 round of Tabatacise! Sounds like you had a fabulous time at Greenbriar. The hike sounds like it was good but the massage sounds perfect. Maybe you can get DH to give you a massage every 2-3 weeks. Great job on Imax!

Janie You have been keeping busy as usual! Great job on getting your yoga in with all your other activities. You are so good with finding new ways to be creative and give back.

Cheryl Great job on RWH CST + yoga on Sunday! Rainy weekends are perfect for being relaxing inside. Great job on 4DS and more leaf raking! Uh oh! Fall has started. I wish all year could be Spring and Summer weather.

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on Rodney Yee's yoga, practicing and paying guitar! The crocheted breast forms are really interesting, I had never heard of that before. So nice of you to do that though! You were not rambling!! :D It's funny how weight can sneak up but it never seems to sneak down! o_O

Cheryl Oh yes, it would be very nice to get a massage every 2-3 weeks. Maybe I could get a prescription for that and send the bill in to my insurance company ;) Great job on RWH CST, yoga, and 4DS KB. You also got a bonus workout in with the leaf raking. I hate that fall is already here though BOOOOOO. Our mornings and evenings are still pretty nice right now though, we slept with the door open to the screen porch last night.

Julie Great job on Edge Upper Body. Did you like that one as much as the leg workout? Great job on AB intervals too, I think that it's great that your DH wants to get back into it! Hopefully he will get to the point where he is wanting to do weights too. Maybe you don't lose the weight so much at first, but I think they are more effective than cardio for long term weight maintenance. Hmmm, not sure I'll be able to talk my DH into that massage every 2-3 weeks!

This morning was Step Blast and I added on the abs from Step, Jump and Pump. That is another one that I never get tired of. Have a great day!

Pam

Janie yes fall is on its way. I was very glad to have an extra blanket on the bed last night.

Julie good job on Edge Booty Extreme 2 Upper Body and the Afterburn Single Intervals. Nice that DH is trying to get back into working out. You are right baby steps, eventually you will get him to lift weights.

Pam We can't keep our door open now or else the furnace will kick in so fall has started for us. Good job on Step Blast and abs from SJP.

So this morning I did Cardio Core Circuit. I don't think I have done this one for over a year but I did pretty good though I had to modify on the last ab section. I couldn't remember Pam's combo for the sections so I just did them in a row. Later we did a bit of a walk and then tonight I went with my neighbour to try out dragon boating. Wow that sure did work your core and upper body and it was a lot of fun. I will see how sore I am tomorrow. We saw a lot of seals, a eagle and a blue heron out in the water.

Cheryl

Last night I did Edge Booty Extreme 2 Weighted Glutes. It was not near as hard as Weighted Legs but still good. I think I might know of a few ways to increase the intensity next time. I got terrible sleep last night because DH got home late from helping his sister get a piano and there are personnel issues going on at work that I have to deal with. So much fun being a manager.

Pam Great job on Step Blast and SJP abs! The upper body was good. I would say it packs a lot into 30 minutes. You get your full upper body worked in such a short time and since there is hardly any rest, you get your heart rate up too for a cardio bonus. It was weird that she only does 40 pushups. You know with Cathe, I’m used to doing at least 70 in a workout.

Cheryl Great job on CCC! The last ab is so hard. That one and the rollback into a jump up. I can only do that one if I roll back onto my step. What is dragon boating? Sounds like a workout if you felt it in your upper body and core. I love seals!

Have a great day!

Cheryk The furnace. NOOOOOOO! I don't want cold weather to come. Didn't the warm weather just get here?! It was in the 90s here on the weekend, but this coming weekend we have a couple of days with highs in the 60's! The lows are going to be in the 60's too at least, but still......Great job on CCC. I finally started modifying that last round of abs too because my knees ache for a couple of days after that. I like to do round 4 earlier in the workout to get it over with since that is the one with the dread factor for me. All of those roll back and jumps combined with the 180 degree turns. And that ab section with the cross body pushups is a killer too. Hmmm, dragon boating sounds really interesting, you will have to tell us more about it. How fun to see all of that wild life too!

Julie Great job on Edge Booty Extreme 2 Weighted Glutes. Are all of the workouts in the 30 minute range? Sorry to hear that you didn't sleep well! I finally got out of management because I didn't like the personnel stuff at all. As one of my friends said, it's adult day care. Hahahah, ONLY 40 pushups, that must have been a breeze! I think I am going to have to go check out this program, it sounds really interesting!

This morning was Cycle Max. Those spinning workouts always wear me right out. It was supposed to be PP, but since I accidently did that one a couple of weeks ago I did CM instead. DH is off again, he had a 6 am flight this morning and comes back on Sunday. After that he is home for 2 weeks though and then I am tagging along with him for a week in Dublin! Have a great day ladies!

Pam

Total Body workout today. I'm going to be sore, I know.

Pam, Great job on CM. Ooooooo tagging along with hubby to Dublin. Sounds wonderful to me.

Julie, Great job on Edge Booty Ext. 2 Weighted Glutes. Hope things workout better for you at work.

Cheryl, Great job on Cardio Core Circuit. What is dragon boating. Nice to see seals, eagles and blue heron out in the waters.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Julie good job on Edge Booty Extreme 2 Weighted Glutes. I hear where you are coming from in having to deal with personal issues when you are a manager. I do not miss that part of work at all. With dragon boating you are in a long boat with about 10 people per side and you race other teams. You have a paddle and you all paddle together to make it past the finish line. Though we weren't racing ore people yesterday we were just learning. There are videos on YouTube but I could seem to get a link on here using my iPad.

Pam yep the furnace. It just kicked in again as I started typing this. I am gong to go dragon boating again next week I will let you know how it goes. Good job on cycle max. I would love to go to Dublin, nice that you can go with your husband.

Janie good job on Total Body workout. See my explanation about dragon boating to Julie. There are lots of YouTube videos that show what is involved.

Since I don't have any of the cycle DVDs I did Rythmic Step instead. It had been years since I have done that one and I forgot how much fun it was.

Cheryl[/QUOTE]

Last night I did RWH CST! Owie! Those finishers are tough. I was able to do 10 pushups on my toes before I had to go to my knees and forget about the decline pushups. Those were done on my knees with no decline. We have a department outing today and I am really not looking forward to it. The weather is supposed to be fantastic but it is a bunch of team activities that are not always fun. I am just hoping I get home at a decent time so I can still get my workout in.

Pam Great job on CM! I have been loving doing spinning once a week. I wish Cathe would come out with more, even if they were just available as downloads. Only the upper body and cardio workout is in the 30 minute range for EBE2. The legs workouts are in the 50 minute range. I have only done 3 of the 7 workouts but I like it so far. Ingrid has a very over the top personality that I could see some people being annoyed by. I tend to tune it out though. That is exactly how it feels sometimes like I am babysitting. My co-manager and I are always saying we wish people could just be adults.

Janie Great job on your Total Body workout! I am already feeling my triceps from last night’s workout. Saw you got the studio done! That is so awesome.

Cheryl Great job on RS! Dragon boating sounds fun and I can definitely see it being a great workout. I bet your back is getting a nice pump too from all the rowing. Do you plan on doing races or just participate in the practice runs?

Have a great day!

Janie Great job on your total body workout. I hope that you are just the right amount of sore! I like to have some DOMS because it makes me feel like I am making progress, but hate it when I overdo it and can hardly walk, or move my arms!

Cheryl The dragon boating sounds like a lot of fun and a great workout! I don't think there is anything like that around here..... Great job on Rhythmic Step. That's funny, that is what I subbed for spinning last week too :D That one always puts a big smile on my face!

Julie Great job on RWH CST. Yep, those finishers are killers. I sometimes start doing some of the decline pushups but always end up on my knees. I really liked the premix that I did last time - abs instead of finishers. I know that probably would not be your favorite though! I dont usually like those team activities either, yuck. I hope it isn't too bad. I have to go to a 25 year service celebration after work today and am not really looking forward to that. My DH was invited but since he is out of town the guy told him to have me come in his place. I know the guy and a few of the other people that will be there, but they are really people that my DH knows a lot better than I do. I figure I'll stop by and have a drink and take off. We'll see.... I have a spinervals workout that I like better than Cathe's spinning workouts. I think it's called Into the Red Zone (?) and Brenda is in it. I liked it so much that I ordered a couple of other Spinverals workouts, but I DON'T like the others o_O I have heard that the cardio coach workouts are good for spinning too, have you ever tried any of those?

This morning was PS Back, Biceps and Abs. Since it is pretty short I added X10 Hi/Lo and I also subbed the LIC abs for the PS abs because the PS ones are old style and just a lot of crunches. It ended up being a good combo. Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I got a home a little late from the department outing so I just did a quick workout for legs and back. So happy it is Friday. Have a busy Saturday on tap but hopefully I can be lazy on Sunday!

Pam Great job on PS Back & Biceps + LIC abs + X10 Hi/Lo! That does sound like a good combo. I hope your celebration event went good and if you stayed longer than expected it was because you were having fun. I have not tried any of the spinervals or cardio coach workotus. I might look into the spinervals one because Brenda always makes me smile.

Have a great day!

Julie great job getting in a quick workout despite getting home late! The party did end up being fun and apparently I was supposed to be invited too. So a couple of DHs friends wives were there so I enjoyed seeing them.

This morning for me was LIHI legs. I have been at the hospital all day with my sister because she was having a heart catheter. She had all good news though and didn't need a stent or surgery. Have a great day!

Pam

Body Fusion today. Missed that one. And a walk on the beach with Rolly about 30 min.

Pam, Great job on LIHI Legs. Must have been very scary for you being with your sister having a heart catheter. Glad all went well.

Julie, Great job on the quick w/o for legs and back.

Pam, Great job on PS Back, Biceps and Abs. And the addition of X10 Hi/Lo and PS for the old style. I like that combo too.

Julie, Great job on RWH CST. I bet you WERE sore! Yea for doing 10 PU on your toes. Good for you!

Since I don't have any of the cycle DVDs I did Rythmic Step instead. It had been years since I have done that one and I forgot how much fun it was.

Cheryl, Great job on Rhythmic Step. It is a fun one.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night I wanted to do Circuit Blast but my right hip flexor is not liking lunges right now. I can do squats, step ups, and side lunges just not regular lunges. I got to the end of the CB warmup and Cathe did some rear lunges and my hip flexor said “NO WAY!” So I decided to do the cardio timesaver from Low Impact Circuit. I have been trying to roll out my hip flexor and gently stretch it but I may have to break down and ice it. I hate the cold.

Pam Great job on LIHI BSB! Ouch that sounds painful! Definitely remember those spin shorts next time. Well I thought my hip flexor was doing better but guess I need to let it rest longer. So far step workouts are not causing it pain during the workout. Might try spinning this weekend and see if that works too.

Cheryl Great job on Intensity! That is a tough, tough workout. That’s great news about the eye exam. I have problems with distance but can’t do laser surgery. Or at least I can’t go through with it. I have issues with anything being near my eye and there is no way I could do the surgery. I can’t even watch it happen on other people.

Have a great day/weekend!

Hello Everyone,

I have been MIA because of the complication from my husband's surgery, which will sound bizarre .. and that is he developed post operative hiccups for 10 days straight ( 22 out of 24 hours in the day)! Hideous to say the least. It necessitated an ambulance to bring him to ER as he was so weak, and then he ended up going to rehab, where he still is as when they Finally stopped- after 3 changes of meds, it left him way behind in the rehab process. I can't tell you what a terrible experience it was. Persistent hiccups are no laughing matter!!!

In NO Way could I even think about working out,,.

Having said that day before yesterday I forced myself to do a Leslie 2 mile indoor walk and then yesterday I got "back" with Total Body( compound pre-mix)- and what Joy it was...It truly is a great workout. Am going to do something this morning before I go visit my husband- but haven't figured out just what yet....

Mary

Julie Good jo on RWH CST. I am the same as you in not being able to do the decline pushups. I am always on my knees for them. I hated doing team activities. Nice to know where your priorities are in being able to still get your workout in :). I am not sure if I will continue on and train for races yet. I am having fun right now just learning how to do it but we will see.

Pam Good job on PS Back, Biceps and Abs and X10 Hi/Lo and LIC abs. Cathe's ab routines sure have changed over the years. I do agree that there were a lot of crunches back then. I do prefer her newer ab exercises.

Julie Glad that your were able to get a leg and back workout in. I hope that your Saturday wasn't too busy and that you can relax on Sunday.

Pam Good job on LIHI Legs. I am glad to hear that the news was good for your sister.

Janie Good work on Body Fusion and your walk on the beach.

Mary Scary about your husband. I have never heard of it before but I can see it being serious as you wouldn't be able to get your breath from all the hiccups. It does feel good when you can get back into working out and it is nice to hear that you were able to get a couple of workouts in.

Sorry but I have been MIA for a couple of days. Thursday I did Gym Style Chest and Triceps (which always does my triceps in). Then I went out that night with a few people from work. We had been trying for a while to find a day that worked for everyone and it was fun to see them again. Friday I did XTrain Legs. That was a challenge since I was really tired from the night before, I have no idea why but I was :confused:. So I didn't do much for the rest of the day. Today was Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps. I have signed up again to do the Mega Energy Breakthrough with the Nourishing Gurus. It worked so well for me the first time through that I wanted to do it again.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Cheryl

Another weekend here and gone so fast. Saturday morning I had to have my annual blood work done so I had to fast the night before. I did Cycle Max before heading out to get the lab work done. So much harder when I am used to having a little coffee and protein shake before working out. After the lab work, DH and I had lots of errands and chores to do. Sunday was EBE2 Weighted Legs. Second time doing that workout and it is still tough but it goes by so fast and is actually fun without any dread. After that I was lazy the rest of the day.

Pam Great job on LIHI Legs! Oh no! So sorry about your sister needing the heart catheter. I hope she is doing well.

Janie Great job on Body Fusion and your beach walk with Rolly!

Mary Oh my! I hate having the hiccups and could not imagine having them for 22 hours for 10 days! I hope he can get back on track with his rehab. That would be so disappointing to be set back because of that odd complication.

Cheryl Great job on GS CT! Glad you had a good night out with some friends. It is nice to be able to get in touch with people you don’t see every day anymore. Great job on sticking it out with XTrain Legs and on GS BSB! Good luck on the MEB with the NG!

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.