Now it's Super BOWL Mommies 2/7-2/13

Night went good with James. He went down at 1030 and woke up around 545a. Not bad....We have been putting saline drops in his nose (which he HATES) and I think that has helped him too. Poor guy did not sleep hardly at the sitter and was EXHAUSTED when I brought him home. The edges of his eyes were all red and he had little baby bags under his eyes. :( But he laughed and smiled this AM so momma feels better.

Susan- That's good that Kara goes right back to sleep. Sometimes James does that but thinks its time to play. :) Oh I made the Brocc soup you posted for me and it is YUMMO! I brought some to work for the girls to try also. I've been on a soup kick lately and I love having quick easy soup recipes.

Melanie- Hope you got some rest and some good quality time with your babies! We missed you yesterday! I totally forgot that DH was a stay at home daddy. (DOH!) :)

Allison- That is great about Drew's weight! I can't wait to start James on solids just to see what he likes and dislikes. He watches me while I eat sometimes and I can see him concentrating. Girl, I do not envy you and the snow. Sending lots of FL sunshine your way! (Although we don't have any right now.) :)

Christine- I LOVE LOVE pine nuts! I would put them in everything if I could. I might be trying your recipe next. I think it's wonderful how attentive John's ped is to his needs. How lucky you are to have found her.

So I tried on jeans last night and I fit into all my old jeans WITHOUT my "girdle" (as DH calls it) !!! But I have to wear baggy shirts cause of the muffin top. Oh well... I am proud of my body and the way it has bounced back, for the most part.

Jen, your girdle must fit different than mine, b/c it won't allow me to fit into clothes that I wouldn't normally fit into? Maybe I need to try a different style. I feel like a sausage when I put them on...how it sucks all the loose skin in. lol For the most part I can fit into my clothes, even though I am 10 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. Isn't that strange? Some are more snug than normal, but not uncomfortably so.

No workout yesterday. I was going to walk with one of the gals on the elliptical, but DH FLEW out of the house (not after cursing up a storm & tossing things around first) when I got home. Both girls were in the great room SCREAMING (no tears) and DH was in the bathroom struggling to brush the boys teeth.

Baby Jadon immediately ran to me and stared at me (curious to see what I would do)....of course I scooted him up for an enormous hug & kisses---told him how much I loved him & scooted him back into bathroom for his teeth brushing.

Then I ran to great room, picked up both my girls & nursed them simultaneously for a good 30 minutes of pure bliss. They lovingly stared up at me as they rhytmically suckled. Ahhhh. They didn't forget about me!

DH did a wonderful job (he fell apart at the end but so do I b/w 6-8 every night is the girls colic time). He wrote down each feeding, dinner was picked up, and he put the boys to bed.

Work was okay. They didn't double up on pharmacists like I thought they would....so I was all alone on my first day back (trying my darnest to remember how to do all the computer stuff). It was incredibly busy & I worked my butt off...but pumping went good. I pumped four times (roughly every 3 hrs). Each time I called home to check on my girls. :eek:

I got a couple compliments, "You look really good...." followed by the next comment that strikes out the first one, " ....for just having twins". WTH does that mean? I want to look GOOD period. Not the 'looking good for being a mom of 5 good'. Ya know what I mean? I just smiled kindly and said thank you.

Yesterday I was down a lb, but today I was up a lb. Looks like it will be a week of scale not moving. *sigh* but that's how it goes for me...next week I should start losing again if I stay disciplined.

Today I plan on a 45 minute run. I am a room parent for Justin's Valentine party at school (2 hrs) and then the boys have their haircut appt (hopefully DH will take them).

There's your book. LOL

I am proud of you Mel for saying thank you. I agree with you on the "You look good for having (fill in the blank)." Why can't you just say I look good?? My DH does though and thats all that matters to me. I felt like J would forget me too but secretly this is why I like him being sick cause Momma means comfort. The sitter said he wouldn't sleep for her yesterday but as soon as I held him and rocked him, he was out. :) :) :)

Hi ladies...
Jen- Poor James needed his momma! How seet adn great you must feel that he was so soothed by rocking! The saline stuff is awesome. I used that with Jimmy till he got old enough to fight it.
Melanie- I agree. WTH do people mean when they say you look great for ....? So annoying. You look smoking hot. You are three inches taller than me and are teh same weight. I want to be you! GLad the girls got some mommy time.
Susan- Let me know how you like the recipe! MMMMM...
Allison- You crack me up. I do not know how you juggle it all. The only reason I get my workouts in is that I park my kids in front of movies. I am turning into the kind of mom I swore I would never be.
So, sorry my personals are short, I am tired. I was at teh ER with John till well past midnight last night. I was trimming his nails and nicked the skin. It was so small, but there was a lot of blood and it would not stop. SO had to get over to the emergency room for a transfusion. IT was chaos in there. There were no rooms, he got his infusion in the hallway. I am so tired from yesterday. He had his shots in the morning and ER at night. I am down in the dumps today. Partly tired, and partly discouraged that this is just the beginning of many trips to the hospital.
It would really cheer me up if my sexy UPS driver could please deliver my Bowflex weights today. I could use a heavy weight workout and am so excited to try them out. I am tired of taking out 10 sets of weights whenever I work out. I willl let you all know how they are. I got free shipping, poor bozo who sold them, that is 100 pounds of weights! What a bonehead.
FOr all you no -sugar people, I will be a piggy adn have chocolate and wine tonight. I got derailed with the bleed last night. Not again!
Going to track down the weights. I need a workout or a nap.

Oh Christine, I'm sorry you had to go to the ER. I think feeling discouraged is a perfectly normal reaction. I think I would feel the same. You dirty old woman! ;) You are so lucky to have a sexy UPS driver. I used to have a cute mailman once.... I'm curious to how you will like the weights. Let me know k? DH is interested in buying them (finally) since he started P90x.

Christine~ I've seen your pics....you are much more toned than me....you could still see the outline of your ab muscles when you were 7 mos pregnant!!! You rock with your workouts....I suspect you & I are alot alike that way (sucking down all the intensity we can take to get thru stress). I always say that either it's endorphins from a workout or crack cocaine to get me thru the days! I clipped little Myranda's finger clipping her nails (and I did Jory too when he was little). My mom SWEARS by using her teeth to clip baby's nails. It might actually be safer (but slightly disguisting). (hugs)(hugs) girlie! I cannot imagine how your night went last night.

I also have a cutie UPS guy. I often joke with my friends that I'd let him come in and open my "packages" any day. He also has twin children....which lifted eyebrows to my twin conception. lol No worries here, ladies.....my kids all look the same. (Whew!) LOL

Jen, there's a battery operated snot sucker thingie you can buy for about 20 bucks. I've never used them, but i have several friends who have and SWEAR by them! They say they get TONS and TONS of snot! LOL

This AM I got a 5 mile run in (CC7; challenges 1-2)....I didn't have much time b/c I had to get ready for Justin's party. It was still 1.5 miles longer than my training schedule, so I feel content with that. I plan on walking 2night...

Been at Haley's school party.....those kids were so jacked up on sugar! I did get my weights in this mornig but no cardio..K woke up.

Christine-Im sorry for your rough night..how scarey for you guys! You just sit back and enjoy your chocolate and wine! Our old UPS driver was hot....our new one is G-R-O-S-S!

Off to make homemade pizza for dinner

Today's Menu

B: Steelcut Oats + coffee
S: 10 Almonds
L: Protein Smoothie & Vitamuffin
S: Diet Pop
D: Fish & green beans & milk
S: 10 Almonds

Pretty boring menu. I just didn't feel like eating today. I actually felt a little down today, maybe it was all the running around I did? I work in AM (in town, just 3 hrs). I"m going to head off to bed maybe i can get some sleep tonight!

I'm down one lb....which finally puts me where I was earlier in the week. Four more lbs until I can stop with all this obsession! I have to work this AM....so Justin doesn't get to go to basketball & moma doesn't get her workout. I'll walk later tonight with my gal.....and if I can squeeze in something else throughout the day.

Susan? Have you been sleeping in on me?

What does everyone have planned for this weekend? Any romance?

Morning ladies! Spent the morning going through James's clothes. He is starting to fit in 6 month clothes. GASP! My baby is getting big (actually long). Maybe its time to start on another baby??? :) Just kiddin.... Although I am feeling nauseous and have been since last night. Kinda reminds me of the first trimester.... ;)

Had a girls night at a girlfriends house last night. My stomach hurts from laughing so hard! Gotta love time with friends!

Mel- Hope you get a workout in! I might try later if I feel better. I really planned on getting some good workouts this weekend. No romance. We might go to dinner tonight but we usually go out at least one night on the weekend as a family.

Good morning Susan and Christine!

Morning!
Melanie-me sleep in..HA! I was up right after 5..but so was K so its hard to type. Hope your 3 hours go by fast and hope you get in a workout.
My rotation calls for a rest day but I think I will walk later. Going to get my hair cut in 45min.
Kara woke up at 11-and 2 and 5 ...yawn!
Jen-so glad you had a fun time with your friends..I love to laugh!
Christine-hope our night was uneventful
Ok Im off to get ready for my haircut..Im getting bangs!!

Hi ladies. Today went incredibly fast. I"m super crabby though....each girl was up every other hour (which means hourly feedings) through the night. I am beyond tired....and of course my wonderful DH went fishing for the day. :mad::mad: He fed the girls Monday's milk today when I was at work....instead of waiting 15 minutes for me to come home. :mad::mad: I'm beyond irritable today. What I need is a nap....not sure if that's feasible though...

HI!
Melanie-sorry you are so tired..I am feeling my long night also. Are you feeling better?
Hope you got your nap!
Haley is getting ready to go to the movies with a friend and dh and I are gonna watch a movie here. Pretty boring day. Havent worked out either.
Here is a pic I just took.

Attachments

• Haleykara2.13.10.jpg
    Haleykara2.13.10.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 13
Beautiful picture, Susan! I had to call DH home early to help out with the kids. I was super dooper crabby & yelling wildly at the kiddos. My knight in shining armor came home...and I went in the BR & rested for about an hour. I must have gotten another wind b/c I feel better now. I"m about 70 percent...which is alot better than the 15 percent I was earlier.

Needless to say, no workout for me today. My girls are in their predictable colicky state right now....I might go for a walk on elliptical later. Jory went to a dance & needs to be picked up at midnight anyway.

I did my taxes, and we are getting a nice wad back this year. This is the first year in a really long time that we are getting $ back. It's such a blessing, it'll pay for the rest of our medical bills & we might even be able to put a little in savings (that was freshly wiped out by my maternity leave).

Melanie Im glad you got to rest and you feel better! I did not workout either. Kara went to sleep at 6:30 so I put her in her bed..she will probably get up at midnight ready to roll!!!! Im sooo tired and not looking forward to that. Dh and I have spent the last 2 hours just talking and catching up...never got around to a movie.
We started on our taxes today and its looking pretty so far!!!
Hope everyone had a nice day. Any big plans for tomorrow?
Haley wants to make choc dipped strawberries..so we'll do that. I got her the usual candy and dh too..and some special coffee he likes..and I wrote him a letter intead of a card this year.
Ok..Im outta here for now. bbtomorrow!

Just got off the elliptical. I chatted with my mom for the hour, it was really nice. I love her so much & miss her....feel really bad that we're so far away from each other....especially with Dad so sick.

So....I don't get my kiddos anything for Valentine's Day. Urgh! Now I feel bad! Maybe I should get some strawberries and dip them in chocolate too? How do you do that.....just melt chocolate chips in microwave and dip? That's a really good idea! Let me know how you do it...maybe we can stop & get supplies after church! My girls have outfits to wear tomorrow.....little dresses with matching bibs that say, "My 1st Valentine's Day" on them. :D

Its 230 here and I can't sleep. Kara nursd at midnight and went back to sleep..but her nose is now stuffy..I sucked a few times and taht has helped but she is restless.Seh is on my chest right now snorty.

Melanie-I found Bakers chocolate in its own littel micro cup for melting. I think all it is is choc chips..so Im sure that would work just fine. Im glad you got your workout in...you are so deticated!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.