Now it's Super BOWL Mommies 2/7-2/13

Jen, didn't see your post (it takes me so long to post nowadays one often sneaks in). :) It's nice to get compliments, isn't it? Have you seen the commericals for the new underwear with rear "bumps"? lol I think they are hilarious! Good job to your DH for taking James to dr!! I am also proud of him!

I hope you're right about the weight loss, Jen. With my last three pregnancies I've been UNDER my pre-pregnancy weight by the time I've gone back to work. Urgh. It's not all bad, I still fit into my clothes & I have TWO beauties this time. :D It'll come off. Do you wanna know why? BECAUSE I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL IT DOES!!!!!!!!! lol

I KNOW that the weight will come off because you have an AMAZING drive and determination! Remember...your body went thru ALOT more this pregnancy so give it a chance!
Plus its pretty amazing in itself that you were ALWAYS at pre preggo weight by the time you went back to work. Trust me, you will receive so many compliments when you go back. And remember to say thank you. ;)

Thank you Jen. I know you are right, I have such a habit of not believing compliments......I even told my mom that people are just trying to be polite when they say I look good...what are they supposed to say? ," you look like you haven't slept in weeks plus you are still quite spongy in the waist!" LOL

I hereby declare that I will say thank you and believe every compliment I get (now I better get some). lol

WOOHOO! I am at 136!!! (Pre preggo weight was 135-137ish) I have slowly been watching the scale go down all week but didn't believe it. AND I weighed myself in the evening each time. Go figure! I have no idea what I have been doing different. But I am pleased! And it has been three months exactly since James was born. Now if I could just firm up!

Ok, just had to share. Off to bed! See ya in the AM!

Congrats Jen! I told you that you could do it AND nurse. :) DH is a stay-at-home Daddy, remember? He'll be watching all the kids (instead of stay-at-the-lake fishing man).

*sigh* Not a happy night for me. I just took a couple bendryl & hope it'll help me sleep tonight.

So......I looked up bendryl (diphenhydramine) and it is neither encouraged/discouraged in bfing. It's peaks at about 3-4 hours, and can cause drowsiness in babies (or hyperactivity in a few). Non-sedating antihistamines are preferred agent for sniffles/allergy symptoms.

Alrighty, gonna go cuddle with Maddie. We just got off the elliptical & I took a quick sink in the hot tub. :)

Jen- WOOHOO! So happy for you and glad that you have a great hubby that tkaes James to the doctor. See, your rear view is hot without spanx! Hottie!
Mel- You can do it. Tomorrow will be okay... I find benadryl makes me fitful. Hope you are okay.
My hubby is getting really sick. gave him nyquil adn have the kids solo. so john is watching tv with me. i cannot sit in teh dark alone for the next few hours.
Proud of all of my gals, great successes!
Hooray!

Morning!
Melanie-sorry I wasnt up earlier to wish you a GREAT DAY!! Hope to see you tonight!
Jen-Horrayy for your weight!!! And horray for your dh doing such a good job at the dr! How is James today?
Kara has a cough and runny nose now. She is acting perfectly happy though. We'll see how she does today. I don't think she has any chest congestion.
Christine-how did your night go? Is John sleeping through the night?? Got a question for you...Does John need dialy meds or just when he loses blood? I hope you don't mind me asking..I was just curious.
Today is LIS shoulders/core. I hope Kara gives me some good time to finish.
Bad weather due tonight so Haley will most likely be home tomorow. I enjoy having her home! She loves to play "store"..so last nigth she set up a store in dh's hunting closet...called "Huntin Hut" it was so funny. Dh would go to "shop" as Jim Bob...we were all about to pee our pants from his accent. I was buying gloves for my husband..Rufus.

Ok enough chatter...eating oatmeal with walnuts about to get H ready to roll.
BBS

workout done. I can count on Kara gving me just about exactly an hour in the morning. I dont get a shower but at least a decent workout.

Jen, congrats!!!!! I'ts so awesome to see the scale go down, specially in the afternoon when one is normally heavier than in the morning. Have you tried pilates for core strenght, yes I know it's really boring and not a calorie burner but it works. I did Mary Winsor mat workout last night and I can feel soreness in mymidsecton already even though I only burnt 168 calories for a 50 minutes workout.

Got to go see patients
Waves to everyone else!

Melanie- I hope today goes well, I know this is a tough day!
Hi PRiscila, great to see you back again!
Susan- he gets infusions by IV anytime there is a bleed or a bruise. I have to learn how to get an IV in for him so that we do not always have to go to the ER> We are going to get him a subcutaneous port in his chest, so that it will be easier and it should last 5 years. He will go onto prophylactic treamtent once the spontaneous bleeds start. His type of hemophilia actaully causes spontaneous bleeds into the muscles and joints, which can cause serious damage, the blood has enzymes in it that eat away the cartilage. The prophy will be from homje a few times a week. The half life of teh factor infusion is 12 hours, so he can get hurt for about 12 hours and be ok! so that is when we can go to the playground, etc.
He slept form 10-4 last night, no 2am feeding! And then slept till 7:30. Woo hoo!
We are off to get Jimmy to swim and then john gets his 2 month shots. Boo.

Thanks for the encouragement gals! James is doing good, still coughing and stuffy but not too bad. He kept DH up a few times last night but he got to sleep all day because he doesn't go in to work until 6p. So I am back on duty tonight and will see how it goes.

Priscila- I was doing pilates right after J was born but I havent. But I have been thinking about doing it again. I've been doing Jackie Warners ab routine which I love cause I am SORE!

Christine- That broccoli recipe looks good! Good job John on the sleep!

Melanie -Hope your first day back to work wasnt bad.

SOOO we think my boss is pregnant! I found a preggo test in the trash this AM so us girls have been on a recon mission all day! I will keep you posted!

Susan- That's good that Kara gives you an hour. I felt like James would know when I was getting nice and sweaty and then wake up! :)

Shots were okay, no bleeds. He is 13 adn a half pounds! Whew! No wonder my biceps are sore. No workout today, he is fussy, and wakes up every time I start to sweat, so I am having some candy and living the sedentary life. I am making chocolates for my hubby for valentines day in the syape of the fleur de lis for the saints. Grrr. I keep sampling. I think red wine would be nice with them, but that would make me a bit trashy in the housewife department. He is awake, so off to hug.

Hi
Been busy around the house today and errands. Kara coughs here and there but acts just fine.
Christine-thanks for answering my ?. You just don't hear much about hemophilia (sp) so I may have more questions. My grandmothers cousin had it..but we never saw him or heard much about his family so the subject rarely came up. Its a big load to handle and your are diong an extraordinary job!! John is lucky to have you as him mom even though you have fantacies of getting drunk with your chocolate..HA....yum! So glad the shots went well. We go next Thursday for our 2nd round. Im making that broccoli recipe..yum!

Jen-was your boss ttc??Glad James is doing better.

Melanie-I missed you today!!!! Hope the girls took a bottle for dh!
Hi Pricilla!!!
Making spaghetti tonight!

Susan- ask away. I am glad to have the answers. I love our new pediatrician. She is coming with us to hte hematologist appointments as well! JOhn is so fussy todya. I know that rest is good for the muscles, but I need exercise! Maybe a little extra tomorrow. Today was going to be KPC. We have guests coming in town from Kansas tomorrow (Jimmy's godparents). I have to clean the house.
YOu will LOVE teh brocolli recipe. It is addictive. The lemon and basil and parmesan are awesome. I add extra pine nuts, love them. Even my husband loves it. And that says a lot. I am going to try to get john to sleep and crawil in bed with jimmy. I have been tired today despite extra sleep last night. i think the late feedings have caught up with me. I want my scale to move! Maybe once the sleep does the trick!!! My pants and clothes are bigger, but no budging on the numbers. I blame my butt and boobs. I look like J Lo from the side I think.

Holy cow -- I wasn't online for a few days and there is a whole book between last week's thread and this week's!!

I read last week's -- will read this week's tomorrow LOL So if some of my responses seem dated, that's why -- I'm not up to date :p

I bought the Terminator DVD at the 2005 Road Trip. I have NEVER used it. Sounds like I need to pop it in the DVD player this week for a great challenge!

Susan, how exciting to have an interested buyer again so quickly! That's great. I hope you are feeling better. We keep passing the same cold around our house, have been since the beginning of December. When we get over it, my stepkids come back (every other weekend) and the cycle starts again. It's getting really old.

Priscilla, glad you had such a nice visit with your mom. And woo hoo that Daniel is doing pretty well with sleeping! I soooo hear you on the muffin top. It has been depressing me to no end lately.

Melanie, you inspired me with all your talk last week. I started reading the Abs Diet for Women the other day; today was my first day. I am quite certain that the 5 Cheese Puffs I had count as a Powerfood LOL But I kept track today. You're right -- it seems pretty easy. I just need to back away from the cheese puffs and the cookies ;) And to answer your question, Core Fusion DVDs are put out by Exhale Spa. If you go to amazon.com and type in Core Fusion, all four of them will come up. They are 50 minute workouts, broken into 10 minute segments. Some of the exercises work muscles I didn't even know I had LOL

Jen, fantastic news about James sleeping so well! It's amazing what a few decent nights of sleep can do for the mind, body and soul.

Christine, I do NOT know where you find the time and energy for all your workouts. I've been trying to be stricter about working out when Drew takes his morning nap. But at this point I'm happy for 4 days of exercise a week LOL When I opened this thread to post, I saw your post about John's injections. It sounds like you guys hit the jackpot with your new pediatrician. She sounds like a fantastic doctor. Is Jimmy still doing okay with the adjustment, and with John's condition? Ella sometimes forgets that Drew is not a doll or stuffed animal; she can give him a good wollop or grab his hand or arm too hard. Since Jimmy is the same age, I was just wondering how he's taking it all.

Drew had his 4 month appt on Friday. Little porker is up to 20 lbs 15 oz!! Got the green light to start on solids, too -- so far he's tried bananas, sweet potatoes, and applesauce. Loved the first 2, a bit unsure about the applesauce.

I *will* be back tomorrow. Snowbound again. On Saturday, we got 28" of snow. On Tuesday and Wednesday, we got another 18-20. These are the days it stinks to live in the city -- street parking is no fun with this much snow! So I'll read this week's mininovella tomorrow and be back with more personals!!

Good night :)

Morning!
Miss K has gotten into the habit of waking up at 1 on the nose every night for a snack. She goes right back to sleep so its not bad..I KNOW she'll sleep through the night again?!?!?!?!
Allison-good to see you girl! wow 28 inches of snow! Our town totally shuts down with 1 inch...I can't imagine so much snow. Glad to hear Drew is doing great!!
Christine-dh saw the broccoli recipe I printed out and wants it this weekend!! When I am sleep deprived my scale gets stuck too. I always comfort eat when I am tired. The weight will come off...I have you pictured as JLo with your jogging stroller!! You crack me up.
Melanie-sooooo how did it go?? Did the fam survive without you?? Tell all.
Jen-How did your night go?
Pricilla-still getting those workouts in? How is Daniel?

we only got a light dusting of snow so Haley goes to school. Plan is 4ds bootcamp/bi,tri.

bbs

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.