Now it's Super BOWL Mommies 2/7-2/13

Hi
Workout done! K woke up when I had 15 min left so I had my handy Haley dance and sing for her and I finished. Kara loves Haley so much..she watches everything she does and smiles the entire time.
K is done pooping..hopefully it didnt leak on me this time. Note-never buy Luvs again. I thought I would try a cheaper diaper..NOT...maybe when poop is firmer but not with breastmilk baby! So far I like huggies better than pampers.
ok be back soon for personals.

Jen~ I"m actually more lax on the weight loss then I was before. lol I tend to be obsessive sometimes (like I need to even write that). My Spanx were over $30---so that's a great deal! Mine go 1/2 way down thigh & all the way up to bra. Maybe I'll try them on today after my workout.

Susan~ funny how each kid is different. Huggies are AWFUL on my girls w/leaks. Pampers & Luvs are good.

I'm thinking either CC7 (6 miles) or Imax Xtreme today. I chugged my Mountain Dew...now I have to wait for DH to finish shooting pool with his buddy. :)

Pastor Bob just came for a visit to see the girls. He held one, and I held the other.....they were really good......but now that I put them both down they are SCREAMING!!! ......so I better go :p

I like Pampers better than Huggies. Huggies leak out the sides on my lil man's skinny legs. Never tried Luvs....

Can't wait to hear how your Spanx fit!

Good thing Haley was around to entertain! She is so cute singing and dancing for her lil sis!

HI everyone

Just a quick update. I took Daniel to his pedi yesterday and he got his first set of shots. He cried like I've never heard him before, poor thing but I nursed him right after and he felt asleep in my arms. So sweet!. He's is weighting 11.6 ponds and measures 23 inches, overall healthy and I'm a proud momma!

Susan, I ended up ordering Cardio Barre and Physique 57. I have 2 Ellen Barret's dvd (slim sculpt and skinny sculpt but have only tried the slim one). Her dvds are good for when you are low in energy and need a good stretch but they're are not good calorie burners ( I burn about 300 cals for a 45 min w/o). Let me know how if you like Barefoot Cardio.

Melanie and Jen, you are making me reconsider wearing a Spanx. My problem is that I CAN't stand anything too tight, it itches me just thinking about it. BTW, I had the hardest time keeping the HR monitor belt while giving birth, the nurses were about to strap my hads to the bed LOL

back to work

Priscila- Sounds like Daniel is doing great! Surprisingly enough, I think these fake spanx are comfortable. They don't itch me at all. I think they are good while its cool here in FL but I don't think I will be wearing them much when it warms up unless its under a dress or skirt.

Hi
I guess all our babies booties have their own diaper fit uh! I used Luv's all the time with Haley.I like the feel of Pampers better than Huggies..but Huggies fit better.

Kara is down for her nap..usuallly her good long one. So I am going to get some chores doen.

Pricilla-hi..Daniel is doing geat! Shots just break my heart..we go on the 18th for round 2!Thanks for the info on Ellen Barrett.
Jen-Haley comes in very handy keeping Kara entertained for sure! Are you planning to wokrout today?
Melanie-what workout did you end up doing? Hope the girls settleed down for you.

Ok off to clean. bbs
Waves to everyone!

Just finished Imax Xtreme (thanks Christine for suggestion)...it was 75 minutes of bliss. I feel wonderful now. :D My contraption told me I burned over 600 calories. :D

I tried the Spanx on again. They are kinda hard to put on, but once they are on they are comfortable. My pants don't feel any looser but my belly looks flatter in them.

I picked out my outfit for first day back to work & almost have everything together. *sigh* I am so thankful that my clothes fit (even if they don't fit as well as they once did). I'll work on Thursday, then have a few days off until I work again on Monday,...then Friday. It's actually a PERFECT ease to get back into the swing of things.

Today's Menu

B: 1 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 banana, 5 almonds, 2 hard boiled eggs + coffee
S: 1 Mountain Dew
L: Fiber One Bar (farted my way thru my workout)
S: Orangeman Smoothie (the second half from yesterday)
D: Bean Mixture, Milk, and some mystery meat (haven't decided yet)
S: Smoothie & Abs Trail Mix

I'm not really sure why I had such a massive breakfast. LOL It was quite satisfying though! lol

Melanie- Isn't that hte best workout? I love all three workouts on teh disc. I did teh Hardcore Extreme Disc, Interval Circuits. Ahhh. Sore and sweaty. Ran this morning, as well. IT was nice to have MIL here for a bit but she really got in my way. Oh well. I miss her now that she is not here. John is waking up so BBL.
Real quick-
Priscilla- So hard to watch them get shots, but you are such a great mom, you soothed him ASAP!
Jen- I am headed to Target ot get som Assets/ Spanx... How is James feeling?
Susan- How is the sick house? Glad you got in a good workout. Jimmy does not entertain John yet, bummer. Few more months...
Melanie- one other thing, I did look at your 1/2 marathon training guide. IT is kind of confusing. So i will read it again while I feed John all night!
Off to entertain small people. Missed you gals while MIL was here.

Oh, and I agree that LUVS are lousy.
I like Pampers when the kids are small and the Huggies Supreme later, to prevent leaks. and i LOVE the Huggies Overnights. They are awesome.

Melanie- You crack me up! Never fails! Funny thing is, I've done the same thing. :)

Poor James is cranky tonight cause he is just so tired. He is coughing up stuff so that is good. I think the humidifier has helped.

No workout again. I'm just too tired when I get home. I'm headed to bed early tonight and DH is going to visit MIL tomorrow so I will be doing SOMETHING tomorrow night after work. I noticed I have great workouts on the weekend when I've had more sleep and I'm more motivated.

Side note....I think the fake spanx also help to keep me holding my abs in all day cause when I take them off, my abs look better. :) Or wishful thinking....

Jen, I've heard that about Spanx (working your abs)....I didn't know it, but they are recommended for post CSections to help strengthen abs. Am I the only one who had a C/s? Allison, I think you had one?

Just finished my 4 mile walk....of course i had to put the 10 lb vest on...no slacking off today!! So ridiculous, I know...but that's me! lol

One more day off. What should I do? Hmmmm.....

I've been up for a couple hours. :( Myranda is restless, she's not crying but she's trashing, grunting & snorting. I just can't sleep with those kind of noises! lol

I'm getting anxious about work too. I might need to take something to sleep tomorrow night? I'll have to chat with DH about it....b/c he'll have to be on high alert if I decide to go that route.

What's on everyone's agenda today?

Melanie-must be the moon or something. Kara and I have been up since 3:15. I went to pick her up and there was poop everywhere. Got her cleaned up and then she started talking..and talked until 5 when she zonked back out. She was talking so loud she woke up Haley who go in bed with dh who had been up all nigth with his cold. Guess we will all be tired today uh! I didnt get to bed until after 11. I will catch a nap during Kara's first nap and workout after lunch. Sorry you are stressed about work....a good nights sleep will be important so taking something might be a good idea. Is dh nervous about being on his own with the girls while you work?
We'll miss you!!
I am down 2 lbs this morning...maybe just lack of sleep! Already had coffee...now Im hungry..I never eat the early!

Must be the moon...James was up all night coughing keeping poor DH up (He was on daddy duty since he was off). We put towels under his mattress to help with the congestion. Poor guy is coughing up stuff, which is good but I worry so much that he will choke on it while sleeping. I wish I could take away his congestion/cough and put it in my own chest. But he is still happy and talking. Speaking of talking, one of DH's work buddies stopped last night and was telling us a story about work and James started talking so loud and waving his arms like he was in the conversation too! :) It was the sweetest thing! Wish we could get out little ones together so they could "talk!" :)

Susan- Hope you get a nap in today. Speaking of poop, the sitter told DH yesterday that while she was changing James, he pooped all over her! :) :) He had already pooped once which was why she was changing him. With him, you have to wait at least 20 minutes after he poops because there could be more. Whoops! Forgot to clue her in! Oh well, she has three kids of her own!

Melanie- I was anxious returning back to work too. I worried that I wouldn't be able to sleep but I was so exhausted that I slept great. (DH was on daddy duty that night too.) I don't think it would hurt to take something to help. I am more tired now getting 6-7 hrs sleep and working 8 hr days then I was when I only had 4 hrs sleep on maternity leave. Being at work all day takes a lot out of me.

Christine- How's life now that MIL is gone? I miss you and your funny stories.... you had more time to check in when she was here. ;)

Well, Im jacked up on my coffee and have been doing some chores. K is still asleep and Haley is getting ready for school.
Pilates in on my rotation..but I have not pilates workout and am not a big fan anyway...sooo Im thinking elliptical. My arse is sore from heavy legs yesterday...love it

Waves to everyone-no plans here..anything exciting for you???

Both of my girls pooped last night. They will need baths today. Jen, keep a close eye on little James. If he gets a fever you'll want to bring him in. It's great he's coughing up the crud, but I worry about respiratory infections when they are that little...and it can happen QUICKLY with little ones. I don't want to freak you out, just keep yourself aware. Another thing that I do is put Vicks Baby Rub on the outside shoulders of their onsies (or on the bottoms of their sleeper footies). Do you have a wedge where you can put him to sleep on his side? Then you won't have to worry about him choking on his plegm. Another thing you can do is actually sleep with him, so he can sleep belly to belly on your chest while he's sick.

I"m down one pound (146), I was hoping that I would be at 145 & I would allow myself an "easy" day. Weight loss is just like every other aspect of life: one step forward, two steps back. I will go for a nice long run today. I put the boys down earlier last night, then got my "walk" done before 9pm...I was still wired & couldn't fall asleep until close to 12N.

As far as maternity sleep goes.....I think we are on such a high from having the babies that we just don't need that much sleep? My machine says I got 6.5 hours of sleep. I should be good today, if I slept a full 8 hours I'd probably be more tired. lol

I"m off to cuddle my girls. :)

Kara slept a whopping 15 min..so I did too! hoping she takes a good nap so I can workout after lunch.
Mel-great on the # lost!!! I really need 6 hours of sleep to feel good....and I NEVER get that uninterupted...I have never been a good sleeper!

Whatcha doin today?
K and I are about to eat some lunch!

Thanks Mel for the info. DH took James to the dr and he has bronchilitis. She says everything I have been doing is right (humidifier, vapor bath, propping up mattress, sleeping on side, etc) and that it is a virus and will work itself out. Still no fever. Dh asked everything I would've asked and I am VERY proud of him! And James apparently charmed all the nurses so I would say he doesn't mind being sick! :)

Way to go on the pound Mel! My scale says I have lost two more but I really don't know how. I BET that you will lose more while you are working just because you aren't thinking about it.

Susan- I do good with 6 hrs now too. Ask me three months ago and I couldn't have functioned on any less than 8 but I guess that's what mommyhood does to you. Even though James sleeps mostly through the night it is still interrupted cause I hear him on the monitor. But I like to pretend that those nights are uninterrupted. :)

One of the girls at work complimented my rear-view today. (Not in a weird way, we are friends) I didn't tell her about my secret "girdle" underneath but its nice to know its working.... ;)

I actually only got 5.5 hrs of sleep last night, the GFW counted my laying down time as sleeping time. I was laying on couch trying to get girls to sleep when they were screaming....it was hardly a nap for me!!! lol

Just finished CC6, just 5 miles. I coulda pushed myself more, but why? I relaxed in hottub & ran upstairs to cuddle my girls!

Today's Menu:

2/B: steel cut oats, 1/2 banana, walnuts, coffee
S: none
6/L: smoothie (banana, berries, yogurt, milk, pp) + 1.5 cups beans,rice,cilantro
5/S: 1/2 turkey sandwich (turkey,swiss, spinich,wwbread,mustard) + 4oz milk
3/D: 3 PFs
5/S: the other 1/2 turkey sandwich + milk

21 PowerFoods

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.