Now it's Super BOWL Mommies 2/7-2/13

AFternoon ladies!
Workout done..yessss..feels good to have a plan. Eats are great so far too!

Haley is keeping us busy today....not a lick of snow here...but its going to be really cold tonight so I bet no school tomorrow too.
I made a double batch of broccoli soup..forgot about it and it burned up..grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Chirstine-Tonight I am making cabbage soup....and my cold is better...I think I have had the worst of it..now dh is getting it! His darn fault..he knew I was sick but since he got home from Vegas he has had one thing on his mind!!!

Jen- I think when a fever is over 101 and/or there is trouble breathing is when you call dr....trouble breathing meaning when there is chest congestion. Im totally not sure though..never had trouble with Haley at all. Hope you get your run it today!!!

Melanie-how are Myranda's levels??

Is anyone giving up anything for lent??

LOL. You guys are so funny.

I am done with workout (decided on CTX Kickbox, stability ball Stretch Max), errands done (5 stops), Myranda's labs are drawn (awaiting results). VERY YUMMY SMOOTHIE:

Orangeman Smoothie
1 cup milk
1 banana
1/2 cup frozen OJ concentrate
1 scoop protein powder
2 tbs yogurt
12 ice cubes

Susan, if Christine is willing to give up sleep for lent.....I'll give up my vodka habit.

I"m getting my work stuff together today. *sigh* :( :(

Christine-I have already given up sleep..figured I would sleep for lent!
Melanie-no wonder your girls nurse so often..all that Vodka! Smoothie sounds yummo!!

I really am thinking of giving up sugar....just to get it out of my system. Would help if I had a partner though..hint hint!!

Soup is on the stove..not gonna burn this batch up...Kara is napping. Im pretty sure she's getting sick..shes got a cough..we'll see.. My neck is killing me. I think I slept wrong..plus I really try and do too much while holding Kara on my side.....any neck pain freaks me out after 2 sugeries to replace disks.

going to fold clothes...bbl

i will give up sugar if i can replace it with vodka. no sugar? even in pasta and stuff? You guys are incredible.
my son (the older one) is being awful. I love having grandma here but it is like the wheels come off the behavior bus around here. I feel like all i do is tell him what he cannot do when she is here, because she lets him do everything. I want to tear my hair out. SO instead I am going to strap on my heart rate monitor and show Shaun T. who is boss. THen Cathe can attack my back and biceps!
Ta ta!

Susan~ 2 sugeries? I think you're going thru sugar withdrawals already!! I've already sugar detoxed.....it really sucks, but once you get thru it you feel sooooooo healthy! I love how my body can now finally enjoy the sweatness of things like carrots, fruit and wholesome bread. Even milk tastes sweet to me!

I think Susan's soup thing is rubbing off on me! I've made TWO batches this week already. The first one was chicken breast, with 5 different types of beans, diced tomatoes, chilies (sp?), and cilantro. The second batch I boiled my chicken carcus, carrots, celery, onion, diced tomato & cilantro. They are so incredibly healthy!!

Christine~ so when my training schedule says "3 mile pace" .....am I supposed to be running at a pace of 10 minute miles (since that is my goal)? I always forget about relaxin. I"m glad you reminded me of that......b/c my knees have been bothering me....and the elliptical should be "knee friendly". I think tonight I will walk without the 10lb vest to see if my knees are less sore.

How was your workout, Christine? Speaking of "ta ta"......I would like to get one of those "Save the Ta Tas" tshirts. :)

I love reading the conversations...ya'll crack me up. I'd give up sugar but not my fake spanx! I went back and bought two more pairs! Also got a humidifier for J's room. Hope it helps him sleep.

I think I'm gonna make more soup this week. Its so darn easy! Plus its cold again here and we don't get soup weather that often.

How nice to have grandma there so you can workout Christine. Enjoy!

Sorry to hear that Kara is getting sick. J started w a cough too.

I didn't think about the relaxin either. Makes sense....

I had to scolod Jimmy, so grandma huffed off and is hiding in her room. now i have john awake and no workout. Grrr. Oh well.
I cannot give up sugar. you are so amazing, all of you. I love sugar in my coffee.
Mel- I would think that 3 mile pace would imply a faster pace than race pace. Would you remind me the program you are following, and i will look into it. YEs, take off the added weight for a few days. I have knee and hip flare ups every now and then, and it has to be the relaxin. All the extra pressure from teh bjorn and vest, could be adding to the discomfort. hope it feels better. also, cilantro is sooooo easy to grow. basil too. if you have a trader joes near you, they have them prepped and frozen in the freezer section, so you can plop them in a meal any time for flavor.
jen- poor james. hope the little guy feels better soon. and that you do not get it...
susan- yikes on the surgeies. sounds like you need a day off!
where the hell is my mother in law? I have decided that guests should only stay as long as you can keep fish fresh in the fridge. two days.

you girls are so funny!
Mel-yes I have had 2 neck surgeries..2004-2008....dont want anymore for sure!!!
Christine-Im not going crazy with giving up sugar...just the extra stuff I eat...desserts. Pasta, fruit etc doesnt count..the unhealthy stuff.
Jen-How did James day go today?? Did you get to run?? Kara has been asleep for 2hours....I really don't think she feels good. I could be in for a rough night with her.

Christine~ here's what I"m doing: http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/inter.htm ---I'm questioning "pace" as in the second Saturday's workout.

Good to know that cilantro is easy to grow. You can store in freezer?

Susan~ I remember your surgeries......but when I read it the first time I thought it said "sugar-ies". LOL Heard from your realtor yet?

Myranda's hemoglobin levels went up to 8.5 (they were 7.2 last time)!!! As far as I"m concerned, she's "healed" and I'm not taking her back for labs unless she's symptomatic.

Melanie-yaayyy for Myranda's levels! We arent listed with a realtor yet...this was just a couple that are friends with our neighbors. I think they like the house the but the dh wasnt too keen on the pool but the wife wanted it. We are officially putting it on the market in April.

Susan, that'd be awesome if you could sell it without paying realtor fees!!!

I made an awesome side dish today:

1 can black beans
1 can sweet corn
1 package Uncle Bens Whole Grain Brown Rice
1 tbs chopped cilantro
couple spashes of olive oil

I served it with sloppy joes & milk

Melanie- easy to grow, but hard to store. Those guys at Trader Joes must have some sort of information I do not. I will look at the information. It tends to be that short runs are faster, and long are slower, to shock the muscle fibers and give you more speed in the long "run". I would love to check it out for you.
Ladies, have to run, MIL still here, hubby home. I am having a glass of red wine and going to bed, they can figure out the kids. Ahhhh, second children bring out the satan in me.

Thanks for helping, Christine! I ordered some outerwear so I can train outside once temps get reasonable. I cannot wait to push my girls thru the woods! LOL I might have to get a triple stroller so baby Jadon can come with too.....I know he's four years old now, but he'll always be my baby boy. :)

Jen, which spanx did you end up going with? Would you mind me asking how much they were? I"m glad you like them alot. I should try mine on again now that I've lost more weight!

I had DH feed the girls a bottle today. They took it no problem. My pump worked wonderfully & I got about 6 oz in 10 minutes. I have no idea how much they actually eat at a setting b/c I've been nursing exclusively. How much do your babies eat at a time?

I finished my walk @ 10pm & am hoping to be crashed by 11pm. I feel antsy though...

I'm trying to get a picture of my girls smiling....

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Morning!
School is out again..what a joke! It is 35 degrees...a dust of snow on our deck..not a lick on the streets and PUDDLES of water here and there! I do like having Haley home though...but we have to make these days up ...grrr. K did better last night..got up once and its 7:30 and shes still snoozing. Workout will be legs/kickbox today.
Melanie-girlies are adorable!!! When I looked at the picture I see Randy.

Coughing baby waking up..bbs

Susan? Sleeping in? Hope all's well.....

Urgh. I"m up two pounds today. This losing weight crap is alot of work & frustration. :mad: I"m scheduled to do a 3.5 mile run & strength train......but I"m going for a full 6 miles today (maybe even hills for torture). I just have to. I can roll "one" pound off....but "two pounds" really irritates me. :mad: This puts me seven lbs over my goal weight for Thursday (not just five). I HATE not meeting my goals. :mad::mad: Can someone say Control Freak? It's synonmyous (sp?) with MELANIE!!!!

Looks like I got just under 7 hrs of sleep again. Consistent, not as good as eight but better than 6!!

I'm going to go find some ultra-cute outfits for my girls to wear today. Maybe even put some girlie ribbons in their hair. I love them sooooooooo much. :) Puts life into perspective.

Mel I must of snuck in on you see above! I actaully did sleep in until 630..so did dh and he was late for work today. I needed it. Pooh on the weight gain..I am up 2 also..must be the moon!
K seems fine..one little cough so far. She is so happy in the mornings..she greets me with a big smile..I love it. We have nursed and cuddled...I will workout when she naps in a few hours.

I want a gigantic Mountain Dew!!! DH is at the coffee shop & I just requested that he bring me home a 20 ouncer. There's just something about gaining weight that makes me want to be naughty! Just one MD, and I'll be better. Promise!

Wow! I missed alot! Whew!

Melanie- I went with Assets which is a spinoff of Spanx. More affordable. The ones I bought are called Thigh Shapers but the tummy part comes up high enough to hold in the jiggle. I bought the tummy ones too but THAT tummy part came up WAY too high (just under the boobs)! The thigh shapers were clearance at my local Target for 10.50 (normally $15-$20). I now have three pairs and can wear more shirts and pants in my closet. Plus I think it reminds me to hold my saggy abs in when walking. I feel taller too.... maybe its all in my head??? :)

Susan- James had a good day from what the sitter said. He actually ate more yesterday too which leads me to believe he isn't feeling too bad. We put the humidifier in his room last night and he slept from 11-7a. He coughed alot when he woke up and sounds stuffy when "talking" but still smiley and happy. And no fever. How's Kara? Did you get your workout in?

Christine- You enjoy your wine? By the time I think about having a glass of wine at night, I am curled up in bed already. Maybe I can one of these nights that DH is off with me.

Melanie- I wonder if you will drop the rest of the weight when you go back to work and stop focusing on losing it. I don't even bother to get on the scale anymore because I am still at 140 although last night it said I was down a pound. I don't believe it though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.