New Runners Check-In; All Runners Welcome! August 10, 2009

HI everyone,

Another hot day here. This morning I did ASC 3 combos 3&4 and gymstyles back. It is easy to get up when DH goes fishing early in the morning. It seems the minute he's out of bed, I'm awake.

Christine was dark it when you ran this morning? I wish I could motivate myself to run that early. Maybe next week I will try it.

Janis how did your pies turn out? Yummy? :D

Tricia how did the celebration go?

Morningstar I hope you get better sleep tonight. It sucks when you get a restless night.

Hi Alisha hope all is well.

Jenn

Morningstar - Sorry you're having such a hard time getting some quality sleep! Maybe its just this heat and once the temp starts to go down, you'll sleep better!

Jenn - We had a great dinner! DH is soooo relieved to have this done and over!

Christine - I did get my run in today. It was still hot, but better than yesterday! I only got in 2 miles, but I got it done! I'll push for 3 tomorrow if it doesn't rain! Sigh, I'm so sick of rain! We have that Hurricane Ana or something supposedly heading up the coast, but I'm hoping it veers off into the open ocean!

My memory is so bad I can't remember who it was that said their body fat is at 11%??? Janis? Was that you? Darn it, girl! I can only dream of my body fat getting that low! Even when I was in my best shape, my BF was only down to about 17 or 18% with really good muscle definition. So, don't be too upset! I agree that the best BF measurement comes from an underwater weighing! I hope you can find someplace that does it! You'll get an almost perfect reading from that!

Quick question...

The past few nights I've had some blood sugar issues starting around dinner time. I eat every 2.5-3 hours but for some reason, around 5-6pm, I just get so ravenous!! Dinner doesn't even satisfy me so I start binging!! This happens every time I start lifting heavy (I started CLX and then continued with the Gym Styles). I think I may need more protein but I eat tons of eggs, tuna, meats, etc. Also, I eat whole grains, fruits and veggies, pretty clean with my occasional treat. Any suggestions?? I can't stand feeling this way, makes me want to quit the heavy lifting!

Jenn, it was actually light out! It started getting light out around 5:30 and I got out to run around 6:30. It was tough getting up that early to run, but I completely agree with you that it's much easier to get up when my hubby gets up! He needed to get up earlier today and since I had to be out of the house by 7:15, it was double motivation for me to get up and go! I don't think I'll make it a habit though. :p

Tricia, yay on the run! Oh no, are you in the path of that hurricane that's brewing? :eek: Hopefully you'll get some relief from the rain!! There was a 2 or 3 week period here where it rained all the time. It gets depressing after a while!

Janis, I'm glad I made you laugh! :D You know what is funny about my run today? I already made it through a 20 minute run, so I'm not sure why today they added a 3 minute walk in between two 10 minute runs!? Ah well, I will take my breaks where they give them for now, since I have an excuse! :p Congrats on your fitness accomplishments! I hope your ankle/knee are doing better!

Hellos to all and have a great night!

Hey everybody! Whew! The forums are back up- I was going into withdrawal this morning (shakes, headaches, fever, etc.) :p

So, I DID IT! Yay! I got all the way through the first workout of C25K Week 4- both five-minute runs. I actually yelled out at the top of my lungs "YES!" after the last interval. What's weird is that I was really really tired- again, little sleep last night for no apparent reason. But yesterday a friend said something to me that stuck. He said "if running/working out was your job, you'd do it. Whether you were tired or not, if you did this for a living, you'd find a way to do it". That really got to me, and it got my ass out of bed, albeit an hour late. That tells you something about the power of friends, doesn't it?

I was a little bummed about my calorie burn (only 523) until I realized that as I only did it once, it was only a 40 minute workout, including a ten minute warm up and cool down. Next time, I'm going to try to do it twice! :D

It helped that it was a lot cooler today.

random thoughts:
  • While I was doing my stretching, I looked down, and there was a toonie! (A toonie, my American friends, is a Canadian $2 coin). So, I actually made money on my run!
  • You know how almost anything nowadays can be pink, with a beat breast cancer logo on it? Well, on my way to work today I saw a Mack Truck cement mixer, painted Pepto Bismal pink, with a giant breat cancer logo on it (albeit upside down!).
  • Did I mention that I saw a big rat on my run the other day? I like 'em, so I thought it was really cute.
  • Alisha, how'd that 4lbs go? Is it all gone yet? And what the heck is "MeGuns"?
  • Christine, why not give L-Glutamine a try for the carb cravings? You can use it around your workout times to help with muscle recovery, but I've been using it throughout the day, (either half an hour before, or 90 minutes after eating any protein) to help level out my blood sugar. It's an amino acid, so it's not a drug.
  • I was on some supplements to help with mood and energy (GABA, 5FTP, Taurine, L-Phenalalanine) but I didn't like how they made me feel, so I took myself off them a couple of days ago. Being on them and then off them may be affecting my sleep the last couple of weeks. Hopefully I will get more sleep soon.
  • Janis, how is your knee and ankle? I think you may be even more hardcore than I am! I'm actively working to try to lower my workouts, though, trying to find balance and not overtrain, and I think you might be going the other way! And I love your blog!
  • Jenn, what is "ASC 3 combos 3&4"?
  • Tricia, could you explain more about what the 100-mile challenge is? I don't have a pedometer, and I think it kilometres, but I still want to know more!
  • Hey, is anyone a member of Tom Venuto's Inner Circle? If so, is it worth it?
  • I finally got some jeans last night, just Gap. They aren't a great fit, as I have big muscular, but short thighs, and a smaller waist. I may get them tailored to come in at the waist more.
  • I was trying to think what animal I am most like, and I decided on hippo: short, close to the ground, lumpy looking, very muscular, slow-looking, but moves unexpectedly fast and very grumpy. My question is, can a hippo ever morph into a gazelle? What animal do you guys think you most resemble?

Have a fab day, guys!

Morningstar-"I think you may be even more hardcore than I am! I'm actively working to try to lower my workouts, though, trying to find balance and not overtrain, and I think you might be going the other way!"

LOL! Yeah, you know what, I had this same thought! I have increased the running, and now I am getting owies - so there is something to it! But I was doing 5-6 days of cardio before; I was using the (less calorie burning) rowing machine and stationary bike. When I upped the running the weight just started to fall off, and that is when I started to noticed more definition. I guess the trick is to find balance and not get injured but stay active enough not to atrophy. I am the classic skinny-lazy-lethargic-endomorph.

I paid for the InnerCircle. I haven't posted, well once recently to introduce myself, but I do plan on posting more and using it more. There is a lot of material on there - articles, interviews, tools, podcasts. He does offer one month trial memberships (or he used to), and he answers a lot of the questions, but the other guys are really positive and helpful too.(Kyle, Ed) There isn't the big social network, comraderie like on Cathenation, but there are a lot of nuts and bolts experts. You can use the toonie! Lucky girl.

Christine - it may be that you need to eat more calories. Just 100-150 more earlier in the day can make all the difference how you feel later in the day. How many meals are you eating in a day? How much protein, carb, fat? An other tip I picked up from Tom Venuto (I think Morningstar still does this too) is I cycle three calorie deficit days with three maintenance calorie days. And some ladies, like Lori ("Laughingwater") do the cycle every other day, staggering the calories with the work load; more calories on cardio days and less calories on weight days.

Tricia - is it Hurricane Bill? I really hope you don't get any action from it, it looks like it is heading to NewFoundland!

The nearest place I have found to do hydrostatic body testing is two hour away! I think I may let it go for now!

Jenn - hi, the pies turned out great. I haven't eaten any, but my boys are gobbling it up. I made a lattice top pie this time, very attractive, but a little bit more time consuming because as the dough warms up it becomes too soft to work with, so I had many trips to the freezer - make dough, refrigerate, roll out dough, refrigerate, slice strips, freeze, separate strips, freeze, weave lattice top, freeze, then finally attach bottom to top! Then bake the whole mess for an hour.
Hey - what is ASC 3 combos 3&4?

My ankle/knee, I went out for my run, I was so relieved to get moving - I said" "ahhhh - I really need this..." I am running and sweating, and enjoying hearing Sean in my ear, and at exactly 1.5 miles my knee started to buckle. So I stopped. I big whopping 69k burn. I am going to do B&G today, but not participate in the pulsing action Cathe likes to do on some of the dvd's, which ALWAYS aggravates my knees.

I like hippos too. Especially when they open their mouths wide! Or they're singing "In the jungle the mightly jungle." But the animal I would be is a tiger or a snow leopard or a black panther.

Off to pout about my knee and eat some vittles!

Last edited:
Congratulations, Morningstar on getting through your workout today! I have "Woo-Hoo'ed" out loud myself! Sounds like you're having a very lucky day! :) That could be the sign of good things!!

You cracked me up with the hippo reference! :p Ha, ha! You are so descriptive! I love seeing the little bit of wildlife on the path when I run! There was a cute little woodchuck coming out for his evening meal every day for a while, but I think it started getting too hot, so he probably comes out later in the day now.

I, too, was having trouble dealing with the forums being down this morning! Yikes! :eek:

The 100 mile challenge is a Nike+ challenge that people can join. As you log your running miles, you download them off your iPod directly into the challenge and it tabs as you go! You don't win anything, but it's fun to compete with the others who have sensors! The Nike+ website is extensive. They have sections for running, women, etc.

Gotta run! At work and don't want to get caught! :eek::eek:

Hey everybody! Whew! The forums are back up- I was going into withdrawal this morning (shakes, headaches, fever, etc.) :p

random thoughts:
  • While I was doing my stretching, I looked down, and there was a toonie! (A toonie, my American friends, is a Canadian $2 coin). So, I actually made money on my run!
  • You know how almost anything nowadays can be pink, with a beat breast cancer logo on it? Well, on my way to work today I saw a Mack Truck cement mixer, painted Pepto Bismal pink, with a giant breat cancer logo on it (albeit upside down!).
  • Did I mention that I saw a big rat on my run the other day? I like 'em, so I thought it was really cute.
  • Tricia, could you explain more about what the 100-mile challenge is? I don't have a pedometer, and I think it kilometres, but I still want to know more!
  • Hey, is anyone a member of Tom Venuto's Inner Circle? If so, is it worth it?
  • I finally got some jeans last night, just Gap. They aren't a great fit, as I have big muscular, but short thighs, and a smaller waist. I may get them tailored to come in at the waist more.
  • I was trying to think what animal I am most like, and I decided on hippo: short, close to the ground, lumpy looking, very muscular, slow-looking, but moves unexpectedly fast and very grumpy. My question is, can a hippo ever morph into a gazelle? What animal do you guys think you most resemble?

Have a fab day, guys!

Morningstar, congrats on your run!! We knew you could do it! :D I've yelled out "We did it!!" plently of times since starting this program, ha! (WE being me and my dog :)) Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to do some research on L-Glutamine. I'm not a big fan of taking anything though, although I know you said it's an amino acid. Hmmm, I have no clue what animal I resemble, I'll have to think about that one!

Tricia, I used to sneak a peak at the forums while I was at work too. I always wondered if the IT guys knew what I was up too and got a good laugh out of it, LOL.

Janis, I eat 5-6 meals per day. Here's an example:
1) Oatmeal (made with 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1/2 cup water), I add 1/2 banana and some blueberries;
2) 1 whole egg w/2-3 egg whites with lots of veggies (broccoli, zuchini, pepper, onions) and I scramble that up with some parmesan cheese on top. I got this recipe from CLX and it's supposed to be around 250 cals;
3) 1/2 - 1 whole can of tuna with cucumbers & onions chopped up and 1/2 tbsp mayo on english muffin with lettuce & sliced tomato. I also eat a big salad with it, with low fat dressing.
4) Usually some type of shake with 1/2 cup 1% milk, sometimes I add yogurt, bananas, 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
5) Dinner (whatever I make which is either chicken, steak, pasta, etc with brown rice, or some kind of potato, also veggies, salad, etc)
** I also eat more fruit during the day like a pear or some honeydew melon

I think you're right about me needed to add some more cals earlier in the day. I also think I need to add more protein. I don't know, what do you think of my menu? My body just feels like it's demanding more now with my longer runs and heavier weight work. I will try the calorie stagger like you mentioned too. Thanks!! :D

How did Butts & Guts go? What are vittles?

Hellos to Jenn, Alisha, and everyone!

Today's workout was Gym Style BSB Timesaver, and Burn it Off (27 minute HIIT workout from CLX). Funny story about my GS workout.... I was using my hubby's power blocks and thought I was using 15lbs. I realized halfway through some biceps curls that I HAD to be lifting heavier because it just got way too hard to fast. I finally realized I was actually lifting 20 lbs! :eek: That's like super-duper A LOT for me! I had done all my back rows with 20lbs thinking they were 15's. Go me! :p Anyway, I had to drop down to 15 for the biceps, it was too tough!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
1) Oatmeal (made with 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1/2 cup water), I add 1/2 banana and some blueberries;
2) 1 whole egg w/2-3 egg whites with lots of veggies (broccoli, zuchini, pepper, onions) and I scramble that up with some parmesan cheese on top. I got this recipe from CLX and it's supposed to be around 250 cals;
3) 1/2 - 1 whole can of tuna with cucumbers & onions chopped up and 1/2 tbsp mayo on english muffin with lettuce & sliced tomato. I also eat a big salad with it, with low fat dressing.
4) Usually some type of shake with 1/2 cup 1% milk, sometimes I add yogurt, bananas, 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
5) Dinner (whatever I make which is either chicken, steak, pasta, etc with brown rice, or some kind of potato, also veggies, salad, etc)

I think you're right about me needed to add some more cals earlier in the day. I also think I need to add more protein. I don't know, what do you think of my menu? My body just feels like it's demanding more now with my longer runs and heavier weight work. I will try the calorie stagger like you mentioned too. Thanks!! :D

......it just got way too hard to fast. I finally realized I was actually lifting 20 lbs! :eek: That's like super-duper A LOT for me! I had done all my back rows with 20lbs thinking they were 15's. Go me! :p Anyway, I had to drop down to 15 for the biceps, it was too tough!

Hi Christine!

Your diet looks good, great job on balancing your meal frequency and also the macro's; protein, carb, fat. I do think, though, that you could benefit from more protein with your first meal and your fourth meal. How do you do on whey powder? You might consider switching to yogurt too. It has more protein and less lactose carbs so it converts to insulin a little slower than milk. Also bananas are a super concentrated, sweet, high calorie fruit, if you can, you could use more berries - frozen work great, and one final suggestion, have your peanut butter or nuts or even cottage cheese with your piece of fruit, your pear or melon, to slow down the sugar to insulin conversion.

Vittles! Oh my - well it is a word derived from an old British word 'victuals', which means food, provisions, or to eat, or to feed. Vittles is from the 1800's, people from the south use it. I first heard it on "The Beverly Hill Billies", which you are probably too young to remember! Granny used to say it... "I'm fixin' some vittles" {Tricia you better chime in here, so I don't feel so ding-dang old! lol}

This is the lyrics to the theme song to the show, everyone my age knows them word for word! LOL! Occasionally something someone says or does will trigger my husband and I to start singing it in unison!

"Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed
Poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed
Then one day he was shooting for some food,
And up through the ground come a bubbling crude
Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea

Well the first thing you know old Jed's a millionaire
Kin folk said Jed move away from there
Said California is the place you oughta be
So they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly
Hills that is, swimming pools, movie stars

Well now it's time to say goodbye to Jed and all his kin
They would like to thank you folks for kindly dropping in
You're all invited back again to this locality
To have a heaping helping of their hospitality
Beverly Hillbillies, that's what they call 'em now,
Nice folks Y'all come back now, ya hear?

Absolutely fantastic story about using your husband's weights!!! Way to go girl!

Last edited:
Would you believe we are currently under a tornado watch? There are already tornados happening- and lots of them! Apparently some roofs have have been blown off already. The thunderstorm we are having right now is unbelievable! They are recommending that everyone get down in their basement or at least stay away from the windows.... This is not standard Toronto summer weather!

Morningstar, congrats on your run!! We knew you could do it! :D I've yelled out "We did it!!" plently of times since starting this program, ha! (WE being me and my dog :)) Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to do some research on L-Glutamine. I'm not a big fan of taking anything though, although I know you said it's an amino acid. Hmmm, I have no clue what animal I resemble, I'll have to think about that one!

Tricia, I used to sneak a peak at the forums while I was at work too. I always wondered if the IT guys knew what I was up too and got a good laugh out of it, LOL.

Hellos to Jenn, Alisha, and everyone!

Today's workout was Gym Style BSB Timesaver, and Burn it Off (27 minute HIIT workout from CLX). Funny story about my GS workout.... I was using my hubby's power blocks and thought I was using 15lbs. I realized halfway through some biceps curls that I HAD to be lifting heavier because it just got way too hard to fast. I finally realized I was actually lifting 20 lbs! :eek: That's like super-duper A LOT for me! I had done all my back rows with 20lbs thinking they were 15's. Go me! :p Anyway, I had to drop down to 15 for the biceps, it was too tough!

Hey Christine,

Looking at your menu, your first meal of the day is all carbs- that is sure to set you up later for blood sugar issues. Other than that, I thought it was pretty good, actually. I do tend to stay away from fruit, though, except for berries in a protein shake.

Congrats on lifting heavier than you thought you could- go heavy or go home, right?

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a great day.

ASC 3 is Amy Bento's All Step Challenge 3. And I did combo's 3&4. The routines are pretty complex but super fun, the music rocks and Amy's personality is awesome. The only downfall is her cueing is not as good as Cathe's.

No workout for me today. Just didn't want to get up early.:(

Jenn

Morningstar - Hunker down and stay safe! I had no idea you got tornados up there!

Christine - Way to go on the weights! Sometimes I think how much I can lift is as much a psychological block than anything else!

Janis - I thought I was the only sitcom-theme-song singer! Ha, ha!

Had a great 5k run today! I thought the humidity would be bad, but a nice cool breeze kicked in towards the end! It was beautiful! Up to just over 7 miles on my challenges at the Nike website! Only 993 miles to go for the 100 mile challenge! I think I can make it before January if I get on a TM at a gym through the colder months!

Would you believe we are currently under a tornado watch? There are already tornados happening- and lots of them! Apparently some roofs have have been blown off already. The thunderstorm we are having right now is unbelievable! They are recommending that everyone get down in their basement or at least stay away from the windows.... This is not standard Toronto summer weather!

HOLY CRAP! stay safe.

I am thinking this must be activity stirred up by Hurricane Bill........???

Well, Toronto stopped being Tornado Alley after about 2 hours, and then we had a lovely sunset. Weirdo weather for us, no kidding.

Today I did my own leg, bicep and ab circuit. If anyone would like the deets, I am happy to provide them, but I don't want to bore you guys.

Things are much less stressful at work (for a couple of days only), because someone I work with is on vacation. I had no idea how tense I was around her until she went away! Now, she says rubbing her hands together and laughing maniacally, how can I get rid of her more permanently?:D

Janis, I thought you might be interested in this article from April:

Female hormone cycle affects knee joints
Updated Thu. Apr. 16 2009 3:22 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Canadian researchers think they may understand why female athletes are so much more likely to damage their knees than male athletes. It comes down to the time of the month.

Sports medicine physicians and physiotherapists have long known that female athletes are more likely than men to injure their ACL, the anterior cruciate ligament in the knee - as much as eight times more likely, depending on the sport.

While many female athletes have said they felt like their knees are looser at different times of the month, previous research in the area has largely discounted a connection between the female hormone cycle and knee injury.

Now, a team from the University of Calgary thinks they better understand the link. They've found that not all women experience knee laxity at the same time of their menstrual cycle.

While monitoring 26 women throughout the course of their monthly cycle, they measured their knee laxity at each phase by asking the women to perform several athletic movements like quick cuts, or sharp jumps. The women were all healthy and in their 20's. They weren't elite athletes but all participated in sports on a regular basis.

They found that 14 of the 26 subjects showed the loosest knees during the ovulation phase, when their ovaries are releasing an egg. Ten others had the greatest laxity during the follicular phase, the phase before ovulation when the ovaries are preparing an egg. Two other subjects found their knees were loosest during the luteal phase, the two weeks after ovulation and before menstruation.

The findings are published in a series of recent papers in the British Journal of Sports Medicine and The American Journal of Sports Medicine.

Since every woman is different, the researchers speculate that is likely why no clear link between female hormones and knee laxity has ever been drawn.

Knees that are loose are more prone to injury, especially in sports that require athletes to make quick changes of direction, such as basketball, soccer and other field sports.

Sports medicine physician Dr. Grant Lum says female athletes tend to have more knee injuries for many reasons, including hormones, the shape of their hips and legs, and in particular, the way they move.

"Women initiate certain movements differently from men, like cutting and turning movements and stepping up and down on a box. It's a genetic, pre-determined thing," he tells CTV.ca.

For example, when women step up on to a box, they keep their centre of gravity away from their knee, while men will tend to lean forward and bring their centre of gravity closer to their knee before they actually step up.

He says there's not much women can do about their physiology, but they can be taught simple exercises that force them to lean forward more, to put less force across the knee and reduce their rates of injury.

Here's an article about last night's storm:

Ontario copes with aftermath of shocking storm
Updated Fri. Aug. 21 2009 8:23 AM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

The cleanup continues in southern Ontario, the morning after a string of severe thunderstorms -- and several suspected tornadoes -- destroyed buildings and homes, flipped cars and killed an 11-year-old boy.

The storm moved west to east across southern Ontario on Thursday, moving with such a destructive pace that Environment Canada at one point advised people to take shelter in basements or other secure areas.

Environment Canada meteorologist Geoff Coulson said that the storm system started in the Sarnia and Windsor, Ont. areas and simply got worse as it moved eastward across southern Ontario.

The presence of a very warm and humid air mass sitting over the southwestern and south-central parts of the province was the recipe for funnel clouds, Coulson said during an Friday morning interview with CTV's Canada AM in Toronto.

So far, the only confirmed fatality from the storm was the death of an 11-year-old boy who was camping with his family in Durham, Ont., about 90 kilometres northeast of Toronto.

CTV's Meghan Furman said police confirmed the boy's death on Friday morning.

"I spoke with the deputy chief of police just moments ago," she said just after 7 a.m. ET on Friday. "He did confirm one person has been killed and they have released the age of this boy, he was 11 years old."

The boy was in a "tented picnic area" at the Durham Conservation Area campground at the time of his death, Furman said. His mother was by his side.

Also in Durham, the storm destroyed a printing press facility and tore the roof off of a fitness centre, while a police officer was working out inside.

Durham is under a state of emergency as a result of the storm.

Deputy mayor Dan Sullivan said residents are being asked to stay away from damaged areas so that emergency crews can continue cleaning things up.

"We have people who what to do out there -- just give us room to do it," he said.

The suspected tornado that hit Durham moved east to the top of Blue Mountain before hitting the town of Craigleith, located between Thornbury and Collingwood, Ont.

"It was a large funnel cloud, coming over the top of the mountain and then touching down... shearing off the tops of homes, said OPP Sgt. Chris Maecker.

The twister then moved across Georgian Bay and across to Gravenhurst, causing more damage along the way, Maecker said.

In Vaughan, Ont., just north of Toronto, the storm tore the roofs off houses, uprooted trees and overturned cars. At least one tornado is believed to have touched down.

Some 175 houses in Vaughan have sustained severe structural damage as a result of the storms, CTV Toronto's John Vennavally-Rao reported Friday morning. Hundreds of others sustained lesser damage.

"Just an incredible scene yesterday, the storms that swept through, we're not entirely sure how many tornadoes may have been associated with this storm," Vennavally-Rao said while reporting from the scene in Vaughan.

"Environment Canada will be out today surveying the damage and trying to establish just how many twisters touched down."

Rob Damiani's parents had the roof torn off their house in Vaughan.

"My parents were inside the house, they were down in the basement, thank God," he told CTV's Canada AM from Vaughan on Friday morning. "When they got out, everything was gone in just a split second."

He said they had been living there for 30 years.

Based on the TV storm footage available on Thursday night, Coulson said the funnel cloud seen in the Vaughan area and in nearby Woodbridge, Ont., was "obviously" a tornado.

Others still need to be confirmed, he said.

The storm also moved through Toronto, where reports suggested that a funnel cloud was seen near the central intersection of Yonge and Bloor Streets.

With files from CTV's Canada AM and The Canadian Press

Thanks for the articles Morningstar.

First, the storm - wow! There is something about extreme weather that always impresses me. (sorry to hear about the 11 y.o.boy :()

Second, the sports fitness article helps explain a few things. :) I will need to be mindful of that when I make my work out calendar.

I eeked out a 2 mile run before my right ankle put up a fuss. My knee seems more cooperative today. I am tempted to go do a dvd, but something tells me that is a bad idea! :D

Hey - I am glad you have some peace at work this week . A change in dynamics can be such a relief, and it probably does not go unnoticed by HR/management. :)

I made a new thread but forgot to post that I did on the old one :eek: silly bear trix are for kids right?

Anyway,

This morning was a 3 mile run with frequent dog interruptions (chasing me, wanting to go with me you get the idea.) What I don't understand is why you would have a dog and not take it out for a run everyday? Poor doggies.

I was super sick yesterday and the day before. I did nothing. But be sick. It was gross. Yucko. I'm still not myself but it was nice out so I went anyway.

I hope everybody has a good day,

Alisha

Alisha, I thought you must be sick, as we hadn't heard from you. Sounds awful :( Are you feeling any better today?

Maybe we should go for the check-in record for most number of posts in a thread!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.