mamas check in here! 2/23---->

Hi ladies--I did disk 5 second time around today. Tomorrow is cardio and then I've completed my first month of the six. Woo Hoo! I just blew my eating today, by eating fresh corn bread right out of the pan. Why did I do that:mad:.

Weight loss would surely go faster if I did not have these moments...grrrr....

Kate--if you are below your pre preggo weight, I cannot imagine that you need to lose more. Have you ever been at a weight you like maintaining? That is something I've never done. I'm always gaining or losing, then I have another baby, but this time, since she may be the last, I'll have to learn to maintain somewhere and I've never done it before.

Stephanie--so, how did it go? Sounds like you have a wonderful dh. Between my dh and the older kids, I always have someone to watch the little ones, including Gwen. She's an easy baby, just content to sit and snuggle on someone's lap. Yesssss....they haven't all been that way...

Becky--I felt disk 3 the next day. It was the deadlifts that killed me. My hiney hurt so bad that I could barely sit down, but I love DOMS, so I didn't really mind. Are you doing the 3 month or the 6 month?

Hey Candra! and everyone else;)

Maggie:)

Becky, WTG on the WO's!!!! I love STS leg wo's. I almost embarrassed to admit that I'm not really enjoying the UB work. Guess I'm not much for UB endurance work. I want to lift as heavy as possible for a short amount of time. I think I'll like Meso3 most of all.

Maggie, Cornbread isnt all taht bad! I have a recipe that you mix in red peppers, green onion, chili powder, and a bunch of other stuff. I have ZERO GUILT eating it. If anyone would like the recipe let me know.
I have the worst time maintaining.:mad: I weigh 129 right now (I'm 5'6") and ALL my flab is in my belly. My UB is toned, my LB...well, I invented the term chicken legs! My brother looks espescialy goofy! It's just my blasted belly. After I had Isabel I got down around 117 but thats too skinny for me. I think if I lost 5 more pounds I would have a flatter belly adn be okay with my body. I don't ever really expect a 6-pack. I dont want to eat like a bodybuilder and after all these stretchmaks from Gina I'll never be able to wear a bikini anyway! lol!

Tonight I did 30 sweaty mins on the ellip and 30 mins of Classical Stretch for UB and abs. Looking forward to STS12/legs on Saturday. THEN RECOVERY WEEK FOR ME!!!! CS HERE I COME!!!

hi mommas,

i am sitting on my couch with serious DOMS (pyramid ub, yay!) but also a seriously unfortunate knee. my tweaky left one is really bothering me yesterday and today. too much step lately, thats what usually does it and the rug in my workout space (living room) doesn't help. when my knee bothers me and i continue to workout on it i find i start to compensate in weird ways and then get other pains, too, so i really need to rest it at least a few days if not a week. thats a bummer but also great timing because we have a week of 40s and 50s good weather so i can be out walking with the babe! i can keep it to leisurely walking for a week for my knee. also, since i am finally feeling like my hands and wrists are okay and i can do the weight work i want to again, i can spend more of my indoor workout time on this =) yoga is still modified, though, no holding downward dog or all fours for long. i might be just scared but better to be safe than sorry...

trish - i really hope you get that great house on base! we are also a military family. what branch is your husband?

kate - can you tell me more about classical stretch? i really need to add more stretching in my life, separately from yoga.

maggie - i LOVE step blast! so fun! awesome music. did it twice this week lol.

stephanie - how short are you? i am 5 ft but also long torso and short legs. besides the fact that my knee can't handle a high step, i really do feel like i am too short even for 6". my standard is the step with no risers. and often when im first learning a workout, or when my knee is not good, i will do step workouts without any step at all!

my new bumbleride indie is due to arrive on tuesday and i am so excited =) i ordered the 08 in ruby, thanks for all you votes on that. besides this expensive item, my forum visits always leave me wanted to make more purchases. now i want the body blast timesaver... and from open discussion i totally want to get cardio coaches that are on sale.... put down the credit card wendy! my husband would have a cow lol.

wendy

Last edited:
wendy, you go, girl, on the doms! ive got somefrom the pullups the other night....aaaahhhh!
sorry about the bum bod! my left shoulder gives me trouble from time to time....scares the heck outta me!
PLEASE let me know your thoughts on the b'ride! im aching to get one but got scared off by a couple bad reviews!
and you have to get cc!!! i love it! it is an awesome wo! i did vol1 last and i was so sweaty. i absolutely detest running and coach sean makes me MOVE!

almost forgot,..........

wendy, yoga bores me to tears!
cs is ACTIVE TOTAL BODY stretching. she does have wo's that emphasize ub or lb but you are always stretching everything. i feel so long and lean after doing it. i love cathe, but cs puts her to shame on stretching. w/ cs theres no "close your eyes and breathe".....you are movin' and workin' hard.
if youre buying, go to classicalstretch.com. start w/ full body workout vol 1 and athletes intense stretch. theyre on the same disk. the athlete one is by far and away her best - a stretching masterpiece.
you can check amazon but i found the cs site to be much cheaper.

Wendy-- I'm 5'2", so I'm taller than you, but I can't do the step with risers, I'm too clumsy.

To prove my point: I badly sprained my ankle last night doing BMX2. It's all swollen and painful today and I'm hobbling around on it. I was doing the first intensity blast on BMX2 where you go across the stepper, and I missed the side of the step and rolled my ankle, heard a nasty pop, and the rest is history. I am SOOOOOO mad at myself for letting this happen. I was SO into my rotation. I cried more about this messing up my rotation than the pain last night. Ugh!!! At least it happened on a Friday night so DH could help me with the baby today. He tweaked his ankle running yesterday, so he's hobbled too. Old and clumsy. That's what we are! I sure hope I get past this soon! Until then, I guess I'll just be eating super clean and doing upper body/ab work. Sorry to be so self-consumed. I'm just so disappointed in myself. I have a smaller Cathe step, not the big one that she and her cast use, so maybe I need to upgrade. But I really just think it was sheer clumsiness/fatigue on my part. :(

Hope everyone else is having a good day!! Beautiful weather here. I was going to take the jog stroller out with Charlie, but alas... :(

Another shorty here - barely 5'. I like to round off, heehee.

Sorry about the ankle Steph!

Wendy - I'm jealous of your indie!!

Kate - Can I borrow your elliptical and vc so I don't have to trek to the gym? More kids??? I love the baby stage but I think I'm done. DH wants one more, but I don't know.

Hi Maggie, Becky, Candra!!

Okay I'm buying the Jillian Michaels dvd and I bought a mommy/baby pilates/yoga dvd. Let's see if this helps me spark my interest in getting off my butt. I've just been so exhausted since going back to work even if it is p/t. Got 10 more lbs to lose.

Lisa

stephanie, im so sorry about your derailed plans!!!v that stinks! but youre right - keep up w/ the ub wo's/clean eating!

lisa, if i had to juggle more work stuff like you id be sure im done too. so glad i dont have to do more than payroll!
hope u like yur new wo's!
come over anytim!!! hey....lets house swap for cheap vacations!:p

kate - sucks about the random shoulder thing... i know my knee problem makes me feel so old! will i like cardio coach for my walk/runs or are they more for cardio machines (hate hate hate lol). is the music lyrics or instrumental, is it recognizable? i will take a peak at classical stretch on line but I am soooooo trying not to buy too much stuff. the cc's are only $5 right now so i figure i can justify it haha. i am not a serious yogi by any means, slower, more spiritual yoga is boring to me i only like faster flow yoga so it keeps me moving and these days i really modify so that my whole session is standing. i did really love the flow yoga classes i was taking but it felt like too much to try to modify in class.

stephanie - so sorry about your ankle! and its always so tempting to get on it before its ready, but dont! i totally understand about screwing up the rotation, thats a bummer. you know i have sometimes actually wished i had the smaller step...there are some moves where cathe goes across the top the long way and i really have a hard time doing that safely and in the # of counts.

lisa - LOL!! im not quite 5 ft either haha, i totally rounded up =) you may be jealous of the indie but I am jealous you only have 10 more lbs to lose! and i will let you know if it even lives up to my expectations.

def a rest day as far as ub work, already did a 2.6m walk plus 45 mins stretch (michelle lemay stretch fusion i recorded from fitTV)... i am soo hungry to work out and i HATE when my knee acts up =( and im going out to dinner with my family tonight so i just know i will eat stuff i wouldnt normally and makes me want to work out all the more!

hi to all...

wendy

Hello ladies.

Today I did Drill Max Scrambled Cardio premix followed by Weights and plates abs. I tried to take Z for a walk, but only got 1/2 mile before she started screaming bloody murder. She was tired and wasn't able to put herself to sleep in the stroller today. Some days she can, some she can't.

Tomorrow is rest. I may try to do a walk, but I will try to get some stretching in.

Stephanie, so sorry about your ankle! I'm clumsy too. The month before I got pregnant, I had an episode during Amy Bento's ASC2 where I went over the step, tripped on it, fell backwards landing my left elbow in the wall and then onto my barbell. I broke my elbow! I thought I'd just bruised it, but I couldn't sleep that night and it kept hurting more and more and swelling up more. We ended up going to the ER at 2am, I was totally shielded up for an xray since we were TTC, and then I had to go to pediatrics rounds at 7am at the same hospital. I chipped part of my radius. Luckily it didn't need a cast, just a sling. I was so glad to get my period that month...I didn't want a baby to be affected by the radiation from the xray. It was the next month I got pregnant with Zoey.

Wendy, yay about getting your new stroller! I'm waiting until we move in May to get a jogger. I read you aren't supposed to put a baby younger than 6 months in one anyway, so that will be perfect timing.

Lisa, which Jillian DVD did you get? I love her new ones...they're each 50 minutes long...enough to get you good and sweaty but not so long that you are watching the clock counting it down.

Kate, I took a look at Classical Stretch. It looks really good. I think I'll get it after we move. I need to quit buying things! Today I bought a dress for Zoey and one for me. My mom is throwing a graduation party on Memorial day weekend. I graduate med school, one brother graduates college, and my other brother graduates high school...all this May. So, it is a joint party. She's making it luau themed. So, they are hawaiian dresses. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KU9UXS
That's the one for Zoey. I think she's going to be adorable. I probably should have waited a bit, but I'm sitting here on the couch, Zoey is sleeping on my chest, and I wanted to shop. So, I really need to stop it. I think I need an intervention. Guess I'm just boosting the economy.

Maggie, I am feeling disc 3 today too. Burning buns. Actually, my whole body is sore!

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm going to try to force myself to start packing...I want to do it a little bit at a time from now thru May.

Becky

wendy, all the cc music is a little different. you can listen to samples on the site.
good luck w/ dinner tonight.
that walk/stretc sounds woooonderful!
and i am aching to hear about the stroller!

becky, havent had j in a stroller yet...yucky michigan weather!
nice wo!! havnt done dm since i was 7 mon preg or so.....and i STILL showed up dh!:D
good luck w/ packing:confused:
cute dress!!!! and what a fun party! how cool!
puch on the elbow! and scary!
question for you - took gina to the dr y'day for a horrific cough. shes had it for a month and thur night she was getting dizzy from it. dr gave us azithromycin. now g's puking and sicker than before:confused:. shes only had an anti-b one other time....could she be reacting to it somehow? i should call the drs......

egads! i never remember to type everything!
wendy, you an def use cc just running outside. there are parts where he says to up yourresistance but you could just run faster.:confused:
hth!

Kate,

Yeah, the antibiotic could be upsetting her stomach. Give it to her on a full stomach, just like when we take antibiotics. So sorry she's having a hard time.

Becky

Kate--What about giving her yogurt too to replenish the good bacteria in her tummy? That may help. Sorry Gina is feeling so bad.

Hi to everyone else!!

Ankle is still awful, and I'm hobbling around like an old woman. :mad: Ugh. But eating is pretty good. I made me some wheat cous cous with zucchini and yellow squash mixed in it and some baked tilapia tonight. Oh, and some corn on the cob. The men had hotdogs. :confused: (Charlie had squash. He's LOVING his "dinnertime"!!)

Have a great Sunday, ladies!! :)

ginas doing much better! thank goodness!

yummy dinner stephanie! let them have their hot dogs - your dinner was awesome!

did sts12/legs today. a burner for sure! i love the sts leg wo's! and i usually hate leg day - go figure!

who else is HATIN' what daylight sav. time is doing to baby's schedule!? i know it will even out but.....:rolleyes: i have a feeling we gon' be up miiiiiighty early in the mo'nin'!

hope everybody had a great weekend!!!

Hi ladies. Boy, was I productive today! Today was a rest day exercise-wise, but I was very busy. I started packing...took all of the pictures off of the walls. I cleaned out our closet and purged some things. Then, and the biggest project of all, I cleaned our master bathroom. It was disgusting. I've been wanting to take a bath but afraid of the tub! I may take one tomorrow night once DH is home from work. Then I made this delicious pork with shallot balsamic reduction from this month's edition of Cooking Light.

I feel so good about today!

Oh...and Z slept for 6 hours straight last night. I couldn't believe it! I haven't had 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep since the first trimester! So, hopefully this will continue.

Tomorrow is STS disc 4. I'm so looking forward to it!

Becky

Hi ladies!

I did 4DS KB/BC double cardio premix yesterday and today I rest. The Gwenling did not sleep well, plus we had daylight savings:mad:, so we were late to church, which turned out to be fine, but I hate being late for things. Awesome sermon, felt totally convicted. I'm very tired today and hope the little peanut sleeps better tonight.

Kate--Your current weight is one lb away from my goal (128lbs) and I'm only 5'4, so I think you are doing very well. ;) Glad Gina is feeling better. Antibiotics always make dh feel like crap.

Wendy--hurray on the DOMS--I love DOMS--feels like I've accomplished something. I'm always working to avoid injury too (knee, lower back, achilles tendons, and now my right foot hurts:mad:)

Stephanie--(((hugs))) I'm so sorry about your ankle. It really sucks, especially when one is really into a rotation. Take heart though, I got some of my best results when I lifted heavy upperbody and ate super clean and did almost no cardio for an entire summer due to achillies tendonosis. Hang in there.

Lisa--let us know how you like the new workouts. I'm dying for some fresh cardio.

Becky--adorable dress. I love the colors. Can I come to eat at your house? mmmmmmm.....pork...(in my best Homer Simpson voice;)) Our tub is full of tools and has been for nearly 2 years since dh decided to remodel the bathroom. It would take 3 months, he said:confused::rolleyes::eek:....I love him anyway:).

take care all
Maggie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.