mamas check in here! 2/23---->

Hi ladies!
Just wanted to pop in to say hello! Been busy here. Charlie has a double ear infection, poor thing. :( But he's handling it like a champ. He's such a sweet baby!!

Maggie-- the STS sounds like SO much fun!! SO jealous!

Kate--Those lettuce wraps looked great!

Hi to everyone else!! So, I've been eating clean and working out. Took a bit of a hiatus this week from working out because I've got a terrible cold, but I worked out last night and it felt good (Cardio and Weights). I gave up chocolate AND weighing myself for Lent. Maybe I can be disciplined and quit this self loathing all at once.

Hope you all are having a great week!! :)

stephanie, poor guy!! poor mama too! not easy to care for a sick lo!!:(
good job on what youre giving up! you cAN DO IT! I used to be a daily-weigher...i was pretty miserable.

-----------------------
juliahasnt pooped in about a week......which is totally normal. all of them have done this.
but shes sure making up for it today!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hi ladies--did STS disk 6 legs yesterday and just did 1 hour on the treadmill. My dh made the dreadful and odd mistake of asking dd12 to "trim" the fuzz at the base of his neck. OOPS! now his hair is shaved halfway up to his ears in back.:eek: I'm cracking up just thinking about it. I told her next time he asks, she needs to say with really wide eyes, "My mommy told me not to do that." I can't believe he's such a good sport about it all....he wants to give her practice cutting hair...I'll still go to my hair dresser thanks very much:p

Kate--I didn't get on the forums yesterday-I must have missed what happened to your dh. I'll go look. The asian wraps look really good. I'll have to print that out. I don't think it's nursing that's making me hungry. It's STS. I'm starving all the time, but I'm trying like nobodies business not to give in. UGH!

Becky--I haven't done MIC in forever because it's on video and I haven't upgraded to dvd yet. I've never really liked Cathe's hi/lo that much. I love Amy Bento's though. MIC is a calorie burner that's for sure.

Candra--congrats on the 3#. My weight loss seems to have stalled after 2 really good weeks, but I'm keeping track by writing it down every day and the patterns are interesting. I seem to "stick" around one weight for a while and then--boom--it goes really fast.

Stephanie--I'd forgotten it was Lent. I grew up Catholic, but currently attend a church that does not observe the church year, so sometimes it slips past me. I hope your Lenten resolutions go well and draw you closer to the Lord (and away from that dreadful self-loathing:()---(((hugs)))

Hi everyone else--

Maggie:)

maggie, wtg on the wo's!! i bow to anyone who can tm for an hour!!!
lol at dh's hair! mikes been going to the same barber his whole life and refuses to go anywhere else.
im not sure what you're referring to about mike:confused:

kate, I am also super hungry and nursing full time! just as hungry as when i was pregnant. speaking of food - yummy chicken wraps! totally trying that.

kate and candra, i have tried rice cereal 3x over the past few months and he could take it or leave it. should i just try to give it to him every day? should i be starting a fruit or veggie? 6mo and not particularly interested in what i'm eating and seems fine just nursing...

lisa, yup, the indie, jogging one. my husband said YES! i'm gonna get the 08 because of the price and more included than the 09. trying to decide between the ruby and the bwana print. what would you do?

anyone else eyeing it... help me decide which one! they still have the 08 indie in a couple colors at BRU if you're thinking about it, and there is a BRU coupon right now for 15% off any stroller.

light UB weights have been going well, not bothering my wrists and hands too much. plan to up my weight very slowly just to make sure. my knee acts up when i do too much step, even though i always stick to low impact and try to modify/be careful. so this week i've actually done turbo jam a few times for a change of pace. they are really fun when i feel stuck in the house due to the weather and no dread factor at all (i can be a bit of a cardio hater so its gotta be fun!). today was like 45 degrees in boston so i strapped on my polar F6 and did my walk/jog/walk thing 1.6 miles each way to my mom/baby group. it was soooooooo nice to be out like that without freezing our patooties off.

and the big news... i got on the scale for the first time in 4 weeks and i am 10 lbs lighter!!! wooooohoooo!!!

wendy

ACK! I am so behind on personals!

Kate - Those wraps sound soooo good. I am def. going to make them. I'm a nurser and hungry all the time, but don't know if that's just me or the nursing!

Steph - My ds used to get ear infections often when he was young. Hope your LO feels better! Poor thing!

Maggie - LOL about the "trim"! Glad your DH could laugh about it.

Wendy - I love the ruby one!

Hi Candra, Becky!

I haven't been working out for the last five days because of my sister and new baby, but I jumped on the scale and lost 3 lbs! Now I have 10-11 more pounds to lose for prepg weight. I would love to lose another 5 vanity lbs also though. Anyway, hoping for a workout tonight. Gotta go cook dinner now!

Lisa

Today I did Rhythmic Step. That is my FAVORITE! I would love Cathe to make a RSII!

Kate, I have been really hungry lately. Z must be eating more because I am definitely producing more. I have been getting engorged if she eats more that 3 hours apart...sometimes even 2.5 hours.

Candra, those workouts by Jillian Michaels are circuits, but not the way Cathe describes a circuit. The No More Trouble Zones is mostly weights...but she does compound exercises that get the heartrate up. The circuit part is where she does 5 exercises and then repeats them, completing 1 circuit...repeat. The Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is more cardio with the 5 exericses, repeat for 1 circuit.

We have company from now until Monday, so I don't know how workouts will go or if I'll be able to get on here to post. STS starts Monday!!!

Becky

wendy, i would get ruby!:D
wtg on the weight loss!!! awesome!
have him eat whatever now!:) w/ my 1st i nursed exclusively for so long she never really wanted foods!:confused: she was13 MONTHS before she could skip nursing!:mad::eek: i got really tired of it. i think im going to start w/ barley or oatmeal....less refined.

gotta get dds ready for school....bbiab!

round 2!:p

lisa, wtg on the ###! did u get your wo in last night?
how are those babies!!??

becky, rs - fun!!
2.5 hrs is how often j nurses - always has! my other dds were 3 hrs. you have an amazing baby!!!
enjoy your company. you'll be busy - consider it active pre-recovery for sts!!:D

----------------
did 20 min on the versaclimber today. had a personal best for distance climbed! in your face dh!:p he can only stay on for about 5 minutes! i like to rub cardio in his face bec well, he can bench me and then some. ...swoon....

my girls have monday off. im so excited for a long weekend!

Hi ladies!
Any of you going on the RT this year?? I want to go one year. My DH thinks I'm nuts, but I think it would be SO much fun!!

I'm a little discouraged tonight. My eating has been pretty well, and I was psyched to work out tonight but I totally fizzled out. I just made it not even a third of the way through IMAX 2. Does anyone else think that's a hard workout? I just ran out of breath. So I switched and did the weight premix to Cardio& Weights. So pathetic! I was SO itching to do IMAX2. Oh well.

Everyone have big plans for the weekend?? Supposed to maybe snow here tomorrow night. Here's hoping. We didn't get much snow this year. Tomorrow a.m. I'm going to meet my mom for coffee and shopping. I'm really excited.

Hope everyone is having a great day and has a wonderful weekend!!

stephanie, no rt here. too hard w/ julia nursing. last yr was a blast tho and i fully intend on going next yr!
i can relate on the wo. a couple nights ago i did 4ds his. i was soooo not into it but i finished it. no joy in it at all and i used to be a stepaholic. guess i just need a break from it for a while.
i always hope for storms too. if its gonna be cold & snowy....bury me in!!!
hope you have a fun shopping date! im jealous!:)

good mornin' mamas!!!

checking in with sts9/legs last night
ccv1 this morning

bbl..........

whered yall go???!!:p

can i join you guys?
eva came home from the hopsital yesterday and daddy gave her the grand tour of her new house. she seems to like it here :)
im so in love with this little girl..i cant stop staring at her. i dont want her to grow anymore. she's so perfect the way she is and i just want her to stay a newborn as long as possible. she is so snuggly and adorable..

im nursing her right now - i love these boppy pillows. i can even have two free hands to type.

i had to try on three different outfits for her this morning, just like a doll. she's too long and big for some of my newborn items lol

i have a question about nursing?

my nipples have gone beyond cracked and sore. she basically split both of them and i have a long red mark going across both of them, basically they are cut and dried up blood i guess. when she latches on and starts going at it, it hurts like heck for a couple seconds and then im fine. i clean them and put on the special nursing cream.

is it normal for the breast nipple to split like that? I Know it hurts in the beginning but i wondering about the cut.

also for those who pump and nurse...when did u start pumping?

thank you ladies, didnt meanto hijack your thread at the end of the week :)

it looks like everyone's been busy!

jen - im not the best person on nursing q's but im sure someone else will answer. hope you heal quickly though.

stephanie - def no rt for me! im barely back on the wagon lol.

kate - wtg on the versaclimber! i hate cardio machines so much and am totally jealous of ppl who can stand it and get a good workout!

will get the stroller in ruby on all your suggestions. i always have a hard time deciding things like that. and if its a shirt or something i just get both colors, hehe!

yesterday i did 4ds low impact circuit premix. i love the step routine but did not love the premix. unfortunately, the weight work segments were too long and heart rate got too low for my taste. but... holy DOMS today! the only thing i'm not feeling is my biceps (never get doms in my biceps, i dont know about anybody else). i finally feel like im back in a good way, seeing success on the scale helps so much, and also upping my weight work with no major hand and wrist pain. hooray!

im watching serious nor'easter outside my window and trying to figure out what wo i can do today, im so sore. probably yoga and some lighter cardio because my knee is tweaky again.

hi to everyone else!

wendy

Last edited:
Jen--I had that problem with Oliver and ultimately gave up breast feeding. I know you don't want to give up, so have you tried Lanolin? It's wonderful and won't hurt the baby. You can rub it on your nipples. Also, pumping hurt my nipples a little less than actual breast feeding. Glad you and your little one are home and enjoying each other!! :)

Jen - Totally normal to be cracked. Mine cracked and bled for the first week or so. It gets better. I started pumping a little later when I felt more rested. I would feed baby first then pump after the feeding. Do keep in mind that doing this will increase your supply and might make you more engorged. I pumped in the beginning so DH could help with feedings, but when I found it making me more engorged and giving me an oversupply of milk, I stopped and waited.

Lisa

Thank you ladies :)
Yes i am using the lanolin on my breasts after each feeding and letting them air dry . ive even tried just using breast milk on the nipples.

my concern was since tehy were split and bleeding that it might lead to an infection. id ont want that of course. and i will continue to nurse little eva. we both benefit from it even tho it leaves me sleepy lol. it hurts the first couple seconds but goes away.

my other question was about when to start pumping . is it too soon?

the hospital lc said i should wait about 4 weeks to pump in order to let my milk supply adjust to your baby. but i have lots of friends who pumped from day one so that others could share in feedings and they didn't have any problem. personally i started pumping around the 5 week mark. all that is to say, do whatever seems like a good idea to you! if i were you i would probably try pumping to give your nipples a little rest by letting your husband feed.

wendy

becky, i have mic but ive never done it. i truly detest original bootcamp!
great walk! sorrythe other one got shorted. im anxious for our weather to get nice to take j outside. 30 and gray here today. i want 60 and sunny!:D
thanks for the response for mike. he calls me every couple hours - "did anyone respond yet?!" he worked bis last night so we'll see what it looks like tonight. i *heart* his big arms!:cool:
im trying to get to bed earlier....it was 1030 last night.:confused: yes, thats an improvement!

Kate--that was the post I was referring too--I now see it had something to working his biceps--DOMS or something? I missed that before--trying to hurry thru the posts without interruption.:eek:

Hi ladies--

My workout week last week--

mon--4DS double cardio
tue--STS disk 4 (ch,sh,bi)
wed--STS disk 6 (legs)
thu--60 min treadmill
fri--STS disk 5 (back,tri)
sat--60 min treadmill
sun--rest

My weight loss didn't move last week:mad:, but I'm writing it down every day and in January I had a 17 day period without seeing a "new low", and I was doing everything right. Then a bunch came off easily, so I'm trying not to despair and keep it all in perspective. My goal is 3 lbs a month, which I've been meeting so far. That should get me to a good weight by our August vacation and to my goal in October. sorry to ramble on about all this boring stuff.

Wendy--way to go on the 10 lbs!

Lisa--good job on the 3 lbs! I have 14 lbs to lose plus about 10 vanity lbs, but then I did gain 70:eek::eek::eek:. You are doing very well;)

Becky--I miss Rythmic Step. I only have it on video, not dvd--yet. I'd love a RS2 as well--I need some new Cathe cardio.

Stephanie--I'd love to go on the road trip, but it's just not possible financially or logistically. I think it would be such fun to meet everyone in person:D. A girl, er middle aged woman, can dream, right?;)

Jenm--I just replied over at the other thread and here you are! I've had sore nipples, but they've never cracked or bled like you describe--I'd call La Leche League (or look them up on the web) with questions or your hospital's lactation consultant. I pumped with one baby, but I did it from the beginning because he was in the NICU and could not suck on his own, so I don't know when one should start with a typically developing baby.

okay I've just been handed a huge and ravenous baby!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.