mamas check in here! 2/23---->

Kate - I think I posted my dvds on my profile or most of it I think. I have P90X, Jari Love, and pilates dvds also. Maybe I should start hitting the gym again. I like spinning class.

Steph - I'm getting old too!! I'll be 36 this year. I need to stop the weighing also.

Becky - I did have FF membership and that's how I got pg this last time. I never posted there, but Anne who used to post here did.

Target was a madhouse! I had fun though. I am going to do something tonight....maybe go running.

Lisa

Lisa, DId you get your run in? LOL at Target! I'm picturing a bunch of wild Hawaiians storming the door!:p
I'll check out your profile and get back to you later today. What do you like? Step? KB? BC stuff?

Hi ladies.

Yesterday I did end up getting some extra mini stepper time in. Total time on it was 50 minutes...20 at one time and 30 at another.

Today I did KPC and really put power in the punches (but didn't use weighted gloves). I was pouring sweat.

And...I'm down another pound. So now I'm 152.5, 5 pounds heavier than the 147 I was at my first ob visit at 6 weeks gestation and 7 pounds heavier than the 145 I was prepregnancy. But, based on my height of 5'4.5", I really want to be 125-135. 3 years ago I was 117 and I looked really gaunt. I then maintained around 130 for a while and slowly gained during my 3rd year of med school (eating wasn't great and workouts weren't consistent...but I didn't have a routine schedule and just tried to sleep in my free time! During my 2 month surgery rotation I lived on those little boxes of fruit loops stocked in the doctors lounge)

So, I'm on my way to my goal. I'm losing about 2 pounds a week now, but I know I am also gaining muscle. I can see a hint of tricep and bicep outline. I tried to show DH in the mirror last night but he didn't see it:mad:. It's there though.:D I love the way toned triceps look.

My goal was to be at pre-pregnancy weight by Match Day, which is 2 weeks from today. So, I might not quite make it, but I'll be darned close. Then I want to be 135 by Graduation, which is May 16th.

Kate, I don't have a chin-up bar but I do have that tubing...but I didn't realize you needed to anchor it to the wall. So, instead I did lat raises with the band. Not quite the same, but I tried to give myself really good tension.

Have to go out and get fitted for a bridesmaid dress. :confused: I'm going to order it a size smaller than what fits now. The wedding is June 6th. Hopefully it will still be too big on me and I'll have to get it altered down!

Becky

Kate - No running last night! I was looking at some stuff at Sports Authority last night and saw some Jillian Michaels dvds. I think I'll do anything right now. I was getting bored and trying to mix it up a bit. I did see Steph's rotation from Cathe but I don't have Body Blast. What is that?

Lisa

Hi ladies! Everyone having a good Thursday?

Lisa--Did you get the Jillian Michael's DVD? I've wondered if they are any good. Bodyblast Timesaver is a DVD with five timesaver workouts on it. It's wonderful. The workouts are pulled from Step, Jump & Pump, Step Blast, Supersets, Kick Punch & Crunch and Legs & Glutes. The workouts average about 40-45 minutes and are really great. I really love that DVD. I'm short on time around here, and it gives me a good, compact workout.

Becky--Yay on the 2 pounds per week!!! That's awesome!! I too am hoping to be way down by June! I'm dreading the summertime when I can't hide under my clothes anymore. Ugh.

Hi to Kate, Candra, Trish, Maggie and Jen!!

----
Last night was Butts and Guts; WOW I forgot what a killer that one was. I'm lovin this rotation! Tonight is a rest night, but I may do some yoga. Tomorrow is Body Max 2, so I better rest up! :eek: Hope you guys are all doing well!!

Hi girls!:)

I have two hands free so I can post:D

Stephanie- I love B&G and BMX2. Are you going to do BMX2 all the way through or a pre-mix?

Lisa-How exciting to get a Target. I go there at least once a week:eek: How is your sister doing? Did she have a boy or girl?

Becky-good job on your weight loss! Who is getting married?

Kate-How is Julia? Have you tried feeding her yet? Ryder is loving his cereal and I gave him pears this morning:)

Jen, How are you doing ? Are you just loving being a mommy?

Hi maggie and Wendy

Nothing new here. I have been working out everyday and I added a run to my weight days to hopefully get all this weight off by swimsuit season:eek: I bought the turbo jam on the ball workouts I only previewed them but they look like they will be really good. Hopefully I can try them out this weekend. Who knows though Sat is opening day for b-ball and we have to be at the field at 7am:eek:

Does anyone know if it is ok to put sunscreen on babies? I know it says on the can to wait until they are 6mos but I don't want Ryder getting burned when we are at b-ball and there isn't that much shade.

Candra

I have 2 Jullian Michaels DVDs: Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. I love them both! It is a different style than Cathe and is good to mix things up. I love her corework mixed in...very tough.

chatty girls this afternoon!:D

candra, no foods for j yet but im thinking maybe i should. will pick up some barley or oatmeal soon... glad ryder is doing so wll. are the boys enjoying their newly painted rms?
not sure on the s'screen but i dont think it would be a big deal....better s'screen than s'BURN!

becky, your weight .loss is awesome & inspiring!

stephanie, you're doing great too! bm2 in its entirety? ive done it 2x i think....i prefer the premixes. i never have that long to wo - esp now!:eek:

lisa, never thought id say it but im bored w/ step....tho im loving my ellip right now!

sts11 tonight! pullups here i come! well, more like...jump up, sloooowly lower-downs!:p

Girls, you have me scared about BMX2! I bought it just before I got pregnant, so it's been a LONG time since I did the entire workout. I'm going to TRY to do the whole thing tomorrow. All 90 minutest! If you don't see me around here in a few days, you'll know I'm in traction. :p

stephanie-if i want to finish bmx2 i only use a 6 ich step instead of the 8 cathe uses. does your dh watch charlie while you w/o? I am impressed you can fit in a 90min w/o I very rarely can get 60 min but usually 45min b/f someone needs me:)

Kate- the boys do like their rooms. Owen wanted his dog painted in his room (a choc lab) he loves it. I think it is a little freaky:confused:

Ryder goes for his 4 month check-up tomorrow so i will ask about the sunscreen

candra

stephanie, you can do bm2! i use 6" too tho....i can do 8" but its not fun nymore that way for me. lol about traction!! i love the power circuits! good solo wo when short on time

candra, lol on the freaky dog!!! you must have one talented painter!!
how did these 4 mon go so fast?:( seeing those squishy face newborn pics posted makes me want another one! :confused:

kate- i am with you on the babies. i want to freeze ryder! mike keeps bugging me to make a dr appt for him to get fixed. i just can't do it:( one more baby won't kill him:D

candra

AHH at the baby talk.. I am not allowed to hear of it! I am SO done.. well I say that now and we must hurry up and fix that so we can't have anymore. LOL

Becky~great job on the weight loss!!

Candra~ahh just one more?? That is what I always said then I decided we were done and then Igot preg. LOL I asked dh to wait till Landon was 2 before he did anything permenant just to make sure we were sure. Well we got preg w/ Sara in Feb. and Landon was 2 in March.

Kate~how have things been your way??

Maggie~yeah we just moved from VA to LA in August.. But now they are tearing down the house we are in and a few others on our cul de sac to make a neighborhood center.. so the military is moving us to a new house on post. Just a few blocks away. It is a pain, but we might get a brand new 5 bedroom out of the deal and right now we have a 4 bedroom that is cruddy. They are finishing some new homes right now and I pray we get in one of those.. 2100 sq. ft. (much better than the 1400 we have now!) and a garage. I could deal with that. LOL

Workout haven't been to intense here. I can't stop coughing it's awful. So much so that my abs are sore from coughing. I walked yesterday and today and did some on my elliptical, but nothing hard core. Tomorrow we'll see how I feel. My kiddos are coughing too. No head cold to to with it just non stop coughing. blah

Hi ladies--

I reached a new "low" today--a 1.5 loss and it has been ten days since my last low, so I was good and ready for it. Yesterday I did disk 6 second time round and as soon as the big kids finish their chores, I'm going to do Step Blast, which I have not done in ages.

I fought off the flu--just ended up with a cold, but poor little Gwenling is coughing and conjested--not feverish, though--praise God.

Kate--excellent point about radiating my breasts whilst nursing. I did not even think of that. Wow. Yuck. Okay.

Trish--so this move is a good thing--more space and newness. Hopefully the move is seamless and quick.

Stephanie--how did BM2 go? I would only do that one with a 6 inch step. My knees just say no to 8:eek:

Becky--congrats on the weight loss--you are doing really well. Poor little Zoe--I hope this passes for you all quickly.

Candra--could you put a shade of some sort over Ryder? I'm not sure what the concern with sunscreen and babies even is. Maybe you could google it and see what you could find. I agree with Kate,though, the burn would be much worse.

Hi Lisa, Hi Wendy!

Maggie:)

Trish, LOL about your pg's!!!
That house would be great! I hope you get it!

Maggie, CONGRATS on the weight loss!!! I must admit I havent been tring too hard. My eating isnt fantastic and I'm just maintaining at this point. Need to buckle down and CUT OUT THE SUGAR! What happened to my will power?:(:rolleyes:
I feel bad for Gwen! I hate when babies get sick.:(
I can't believe your dr would even consider doing a mammo right now. But they are moved by the almighty dollar. Sigh. My dentist wanted to do xrays at my last appt. I said no, I'm nursing. He said, Well you'll have a lead apron on. I said its not worth the risk and my teeth are fine....He even had just said what great teeth I have! men!:rolleyes:

Did STS11 tonight. I more to go and I get a recovery week!!!

trish-i hope you get one of the new houses, that would be great! lol on getting pg w/sara:D she was meant to be!

maggie-sounds like sts is working for you. step blast is so much fun. i have only done step once since starting clx, and i miss it:(

kate-what does your mike say about another baby? my last dentist appt i was pg w/ryder and they wanted to x-ray my teeth i told them no way!

candra

BMX2 is tomorrow, and I do all step workouts with my platform on the floor. I'm not coordinated enough to use risers. I'd kill myself. I'm really short too, so the platform is enough height for me. Yes, DH keeps the boys for me while I work out. He plays the Wii with them and Charlie watches them in awe. They enjoy their MAN time. Sometimes my big boys will come do the ending stretches with me too. They adore Cathe.

Kate--ANOTHER pregnancy next year?? Wow, you're brave!!! I'm the same way about the dentist!

Maggie--Congrats on the weightloss!!

Trish--We're done too with having babies. But I got in line at Target today in front of a lady that had three boys and one baby girl in her buggy. It tugged at my heart a little. But I know that three is all we can handle without me working, and I'm good with it.

Well, got to go work on Oliver's Sneetches costume for school. (He has to dress up like his book report character tomorrow.) Nighty night!!

candra, mike is game if i am....he leaves pretty much e'thing up to me.

steph, howd bmx2 go?????!!!!

long day here - gina is SICK!
k'garten roundup for isabel - i love my kids but...yesssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!! sh e is so ready to go!

Hi ladies. Today was STS legs disc 3. LOVED IT! I keep reading posts about how hard the legs are and yes I felt the burn, but I thought the rep length kept it fun. I'm sure I'll be in agony tomorrow. I also took Z for a 2.4 mile walk this afternoon. I think she's on the mend.

Kate, so sorry you LO is sick.

Stephanie, Sneeches is my DH's favorite Dr. Seuss book. I've never read it but figure we'll get it for Zoey soon.

Maggie, great job on the weight loss. I'm down another pound today too.

Hi Wendy, Candra, Trish and Lisa.

Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.