Lurker's Invitation May Check In

Check in Thursday

Doesn't everybody think the week went fast??

Last night - I did MM - was happy to do it too. I was thinking back to the first time I did that workout. I remember doing it with my friend Amy - and I told her that it really wasn't what I was expecting - seems as if we do a lot of standing around. Well - at her house - I didn't have my barbell - so I just used some dumbells - so Cathe spend a little bit of time switching out the weights - I just picked free weights and was left waiting. Now - I need the time!! I intend to attempt to do Amy again tonight- although right now I really don't feel like doing it. I feel like taking a nap.

Michelle - No - I definitely won't give up on the push ups - I believe I am making progress. I just love your determination in doing a chin up - You will do it!!! It makes me all the more determined.

Laura - Your daughters - beautiful. And - I love their names - very very pretty. Are they identical?? You must be very proud.

Maggie is quite the dog - what breed is she - she looks big. My neighbors have these 2 really huge dogs - I can't remember the breed of them - but they are all white and just full of hair. They leave them outdoors all the time - they don't want to come in ever - even when it is below zero outside and snowing.

Janie - as you can see - I'm determined to stick with Amy until I get her step workout down. It keeps me coming back because I so want to get this all figured out.

Okay - I'd like to go and take a nap - can't understand being so sleepy.

Good Evening: Quick check in while the girls are in the bath & before I start dinner.

I did PLB and than decided to do PUB since I didn't do it last tuesday as scheduled. It was a little long but I loved it! I have been missing some of Cathe's more serious weight work with the DVD's I have been doing. I absolutely love the pyrmaids they really get into those muscles. I know I will be feeling it tomorrow!

Michelle: very cool on those chin-ups maybe I will start your training method. We have a chin up bar to but luckily it is in a room I don't walk into that often!:eek:

Thanks Shoegal, my daughter are so precious, they are the light of my life and so far they are still such sweet girls Maggie is a Great Pyrenees, she also hardly comes inside. Although she does sleep inside with us. Right now she is shedding and it is impossible to keep the house clean! But she is worth it.

Boulder day tomorrow so may run bike or hike, not sure which one yet...

Doesn't everybody think the week went fast??
Last night - I did MM - was happy to do it too. I was thinking back to the first time I did that workout. I remember doing it with my friend Amy - and I told her that it really wasn't what I was expecting - seems as if we do a lot of standing around. Well - at her house - I didn't have my barbell - so I just used some dumbells - so Cathe spend a little bit of time switching out the weights - I just picked free weights and was left waiting. Now - I need the time!! I intend to attempt to do Amy again tonight- although right now I really don't feel like doing it. I feel like taking a nap.
Janie - as you can see - I'm determined to stick with Amy until I get her step workout down. It keeps me coming back because I so want to get this all figured out.
Okay - I'd like to go and take a nap - can't understand being so sleepy

Shoegal, I think the week went way to fast!:( Scary! Great workout. Proud of you for not giving up on Amy. She is good. Have a nice nap.

Good Evening: Quick check in while the girls are in the bath & before I start dinner.
I did PLB and than decided to do PUB since I didn't do it last tuesday as scheduled. It was a little long but I loved it! I have been missing some of Cathe's more serious weight work with the DVD's I have been doing. I absolutely love the pyrmaids they really get into those muscles. I know I will be feeling it tomorrow!
Boulder day tomorrow so may run bike or hike, not sure which one yet...
Laura, Can't get too much better than PUB. Good job! Happy DOMS tomorrow.

Last night my good friend had my sisters and Mom over for dinner - so I ate more than I would normally - and had some wine. Yes I know!!! This was after I told myself to be very careful. I marvel at my brother's will power - on Sunday - he announced he was on a diet & was given a plate of food - ate as much as he felt he was able to have - then got rid of the rest. Me - I would have eaten everything. So since I was at that dinner - I did not go home (home is an hour away) and just stayed over her house. And - even worse - I did not exercise. I was glad I went - since she will be out of town for an extended period of time working - but really, am not glad I missed a workout.
Janie - yes - we have to account for life getting in the way of our workout schedules - still bums me out though. I racked my brain to figure out how to fit in the workout - and couldn't come up with anything. I too like a little time away from DH.
I'll see everyone later - I'm running home now -since I' haven't been ther
-
Shoegal, I understand and relate to you. Mon. I'm going over to one of my grandsons house to sit a couple of days. I have to be good! Darn it!

Hi ladies!
Janie: Lake Powell is magical. I have done some rafting trips that end at the lake and it is such an intense and amazing place. I was just telling some friends that it would be fun to rent a houseboat there for 4 days or so. The kids would love it. My girls are red-heads so we are careful about the sun, but I do so love the water.....
Today was my hike day in Boulder and it was a glorious spring day, it was hot actually it was suppossed to be in the 80's but felt more like high 70's with the light breeze. I hiked for 2 hours with a good friend it was marvelous and didn't really feel like exercise but burnt close to a 1.000 calories. Gotta love it!
Laura, I've never did rafting before ever, but oh it sounds wonderful! If you ever do anything in your life, do rent out a houseboat. It's expensive, but my, it will be a memory forever. Those hikes of yours are wonderful, enjoy them for me too will ya.:)

I am finding that I walk in and out of my home office alot. My new rule is wearing me out. But it's all good.
This morning I did PUB. Since I took a little break, I know I'll be feeling it tomorrow. Got to hurry off to Quantico, I'll try to get back for personals later today.
~michelle
Michelle, Love to see you do chin ups everytime you go through the door. Great job though, I should do it to. Happy DOMS tomorrow after doing PUB.

Okay--it's lunchtime and reading the Forums is becoming my favorite lunchtime activity (next to eating).
Janie: my sister has been doing the 4DS routines the past couple of weeks. She really likes them. I've only done LIS from 4DS. Need to add that dvd to my "need to learn" list.
~michelle
Michelle, It's a great activity talking to friends at lunch. I'm thinking while my honey is away to start Meso 3 and when he comes back home, just do it again. I think I'll start Sat.

Have a great evening everyone, see around tomorrow.

Janie

Good Mornin,

Just wanted to peak in and see what all of you were doing.
Today is my rest day and one of my grandson's and my daughter will be here to celebrate his birthday. I bought chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream for him. I think I'll take them out to dinner too. Should be a great day.

Tomorrow I start Meso 3, by my self. I plan on really hitting the weights hard. Wish me luck.

Hopefully I don't fill up on too much bad stuff.:confused:

Janie

Hi everybody--glorious weather today in Southern Maryland. Worked on my paper for 4 hours this morning and made really good progress. Took a break at noon and did Kick Max, first premix. Love those leg drills. Hope I can stay motivated to B&G tomorrow.

Janie: time for meso 3 already? Where did the time go? Seems like just yesterday that you started on STS.

Laura: Hope you are enjoying some good DOMs from the pyramid workouts yesterday. I did PUB yesterday as well and I have a nice tingle in my chest and shoulder muscles today. Love your girls--they are adorable, but I'm really partial to that gorgeous pup of yours. I just have this thing for big furry pups that shed. Mine is stretched out here in the salon getting his afternoon nap in.

Shoegal: I just bought MM and did it once in April right before I got sick. Need to do it again and see how I really feel afterwards. Somehow, I think my first experience was skewed.

Looking forward to a great weekend here at the marina. Will most likely take the boat out for a run tomorrow or Sunday just depends on how all the other things on our "to do" list go this weekend.

Amazingly, my back seems to be feeling better today. I really think it's been hurting due to stress over this dang paper I'm working on. I expect all the soreness to miraculously disappear about mid-next week.

Hope everyone is going to have a relaxing and safe holiday weekend.
~michelle

Check in Friday 5/22/09

So - I probably would understand if all of you want to skip this next section - it will be all about Amy again. So I did it yet again. I went through the preview section and reviewed some of the moves - I spent a relatively short time reviewing. I wasn't going to keep rewinding because one of the moves which is entitled "the dorothy" right now - is so beyond me - I don't know what I'm doing - so I just sort of hop around hoping I slighly resemble her but at the same time I know that I don't. So I intended not to do the entire thing - it is more than 60 minutes - but actually I'm really not sure how long it is. It just seemed like I had been exercising for 3 hours by the time I finished. I did combos 1 and 2 and 3 very well - the 4th one I managed to master some of it but the part that has the "dorothy" in it - screws me all up. I do the 5th combo - not perfect but well enough to get me by. So - I was very pleased to have finally completed the workout in its entirety. First time all the way through. This workout isn't as difficult as her Advanced Step Challenge 2 - and if I can do that now - I'll eventually do this one too.

Laura - so I was thinking about your girls - and I have to conclude that your husband must be a redhead - either that or you dyed your hair. Their hair is very red - and you really don't see that a lot - so it is very beautiful and special. So are you saying that you did PUB & PLB on the same day????!!! I'm super impressed - I don't think I would ever do that willingly.

MIchelle: You seem to do B&G fairly often. I have to say that I don't pull that out very often and I ought to give it another whirl. Glorious weather here too - enjoy yourself on the boat. We passed a sail boat on the way in this morning and my DH was all in love.

Janie - Have a ton of fun with your daughter and grandson. How old will he be? My family is in the middle of what we call "birthday season." We all get together on Sundays - so any birthday in the family is celebrated then. Right now through May and June we have a birthday every week!!! :p

So this weekend - I will be attending a wedding on Saturday - am supposed to do "something fun" with my DH on Sunday - will tell you what that ends up being - and on Monday my entire family is coming out to have a little Memorial Day picnic. (will aslo be celebrating my sister's birthday).

So everybody - hope you have a nice holiday!!!!:D

Hi everyone.

So I did have some very good DOMS going on today!:eek: First time in awhile and it feels good. Michelle I have a tingle in my chest as well, I went a little heavier than usual on the chest and I am definitely feeling it today, plus in the glutes and hamstrings. I ended up coming home from Boulder to do some cleaning. I decided to get a work out in and chose Step Blast. I don't know why but I find SB harder than the IMAX 2 & 3 I don't know what it is about it but man my heart rate is pumping and I am dripping sweat after SB.

I do have a ? about working out when you do have DOMS. I did chose a cardio workout but all that Step work and repeaters and blasts definitely use the leg muscles. What are your guys thoughts about that? Technical it is cardio but sure feels like legs when they are sore.

Shoegal Nope my husband is blonde like me! We were really surprised first that there were two and than that they were red-headed! My aunt is a red head, my mom was blonde, my husband has a coppery colored beared when he grows one! Man I can't believe you keep doing that DVD. I think I would have thrown it out the window long ago.

Janie: enjoy the birthday celebration and your rest day. Can't wait to hear about Meso 3!

Michelle: love B&G I need to do that one again. Have fun on the boat and enjoy that spring weather before it gets to hot.

Shadowpup and Ironlady miss hearing from you hope all is well....

Hello Everyone!

I'm still kicking!!! Just have not been here in a while!!! Losts to catch up on! Laura your girls are beautiful!

Sounds like everyone is busy working out and with life! I have been working out.... 4 times a week seems to be it for the last couple weeks. I have enter my numbers in for the rest of the 4-5 star 1RMs just finished those! Hopefully when I start STS in June I will be able to make the time for at least 5 workouts a week!!! :)

DD will be starting Ground School in November.... nothing in the budget to move her before then. I spoke to my father this week... once again he has surprised us! He is settling in and seems to like the Nursing Home.

Will try to get back more often! Happy Memorial Day Everyone!

Hi Gang,

Will come back either tonight or tomorrow for personals. My grandson has me going all over the place. (Bless his little heart).

I did Disc 25 Chest and Back of Meso 3. Burned 500 calories.

Results: Improved in all areas. (YES!)

Warm up; Flat Bench Press 35# barbell (2 sets) 12 reps

Flat Bench Press 55#'s (4 sets) 8 reps
Barbell Rows 60#'s (4 sets) 8 reps
Chest Flies, flat bench 25#'s dumbbells in ea. hand (4 sets) 8 reps
One Arm Row, 30#'s dumbell (4 sets) 8 reps
Incline Bench Press (barbell) 55#'s (4 sets) 8 reps
Deadlifts (barbell) 55#'s (4 sets) 8 reps
Incline Chest Flies 25#'s dumbells in ea. hand (4 sets) 8 reps
One Arm Horizontial Row 30# dumbell (4 sets) 8 reps.

Janie

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'd like to say that I took a break yesterday, but after 3 hours scrubbing the boat, I felt and looked like a holy sweat fest. I stayed hydrated--drank 3 16 oz bottles of water--drinking water sure does make a difference.

I still have B&G on my list for the weekend, but after Kick Max on Friday, my lower body was talking to me yesterday and today. So, today I opted for the upper and lower body sculpt and abs from the Basic Step/Body Fusion dvd. B&G doesn't take alot of room so I use that as a weekend workout--since we are on the boat every weekend now.

Ironlady: good to hear from you and it sounds like you have gotten back into the groove on your exercise.

Shoegal: you can kvetch about Amy all you want. It's good for the soul--plus you keep going back to the workout. It's like you are having a love-hate relationship with it. I can relate to that.

Janie: you really seem to be getting great results with STS. Your weight amounts are inspiring. I'm saving my pennies for STS--and hoping for some gift certificates along the way.

Hi to Shadowpup and Laura.
~michelle

Hi everyone. I'd like to say that I took a break yesterday, but after 3 hours scrubbing the boat, I felt and looked like a holy sweat fest. I stayed hydrated--drank 3 16 oz bottles of water--drinking water sure does make a difference.
I still have B&G on my list for the weekend, but after Kick Max on Friday, my lower body was talking to me yesterday and today. So, today I opted for the upper and lower body sculpt and abs from the Basic Step/Body Fusion dvd. B&G doesn't take alot of room so I use that as a weekend workout--since we are on the boat every weekend now.
Janie: you really seem to be getting great results with STS. Your weight amounts are inspiring. I'm saving my pennies for STS--and hoping for some gift certificates along the way.
~michelle
Michelle, Love different ways to do cardio. Cleaning the boats sounds like one of them.;) Great workout. Thanks for the encouragement about STS. I think that these exercises are extremely beneficial. Hope you can purchase STS soon. You won't be sorry.

Will take care of my Darling grandson (4 year old) Chasie. Will be there sometime today. Had my 13 year old grandson over to celebrate his birthday. He had me coming and going. What great kids they are.

Will do Meso 37 today before I go out to venture. Won't be back until Wed. night.

Take care everyone, have great workouts and stay out of trouble. LOL;)

Janie

Finally got around to B&G today. Did the 78 minute version: standing leg work, glute and butt floor work, and then the ab work. I think I sweat as much with B&G as I do with Cathe's advanced cardios. Felt soooo good.

Janie: happy belated birthday to your grandson. 13 year olds are fun, but I sure wouldn't want to be that age again. In about a month, my 13 year old niece will be with us for about 4-5 weeks.

Laura: Regarding your question about DOMS. I try to schedule my workouts so that if I'm going to do something like PS legs or GS legs, it is toward the end of the week or right before my break day. And I never do Low Max right after a total lower body workout. If my legs have DOMs and it is a cardio day, then I might opt for one of the Classics, cardio hits, or Body Fusion. If it is upper body DOMs, then the choice of cardio is usually not an issue. If I'm doing a week of High Step workouts, then I just suck it up and deal with the fact that EVERYTHING is going to hurt. That's probably why I don't do a whole week of High Step workouts too often. LOL! Hope that helps. I'd be interested in what the rest of the ladies have to say on this topic.

Speaking of the rest of the ladies: I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend. Been a little quiet here of late.
~michelle

Happy Memorial Day!

I have been MIA for a couple of days and with no workouts! Although I had planned workouts for the past 2 days I was way to busy to fit them in, so had a nice break. Drank way to much though!:eek::eek:

I had trouble motivating today but finally got going. I had planned to do BodyMax 2 but when I went to grab it I couldn't find it anywhere. I am pretty sure I ordered it but it wasn't in my library! Hmmm...I will have to investigate that further. So I did Low Max which was fun. Dripping sweat so need to hop in the shower, I will try to come back later for personals.

quick check in

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I miss the group! It will be another three weeks before this over-the-top work period slows down - too many things converged on this six week period!

Workouts are going okay. Keeping the amount of time working out helps with maintaining a positive attitude and I'm focusing on relaxing, enjoyable, and mental-break kinds of things so as not to add too much physical challenge during this work marathon. My staples have been long hikes, CardioCoach during travel, the yoga dvd that Laura recommended (love it!), pushups, horse riding, heavy-duty gardening, and sprinkling in p90x plyoX and various kickbox. STS is spread out as two per week rather than three fpr awhile, and I may decide to repeat Meso 2.

Hope all of you are doing well and enjoying spring. It's going to be fun to rejoin you in June!!!

Good to hear from Shadowpup--hang in there, we will be here when your schedule evens out. High 5 to you on maintaining some semblance of balance in your life while your work schedule has run amuck.

Today is a break day for me. I'm enjoying so great DOMs from my B&G workout yesterday. I can really feel my glutes and abs talking to me today. So sweet. If you haven't done B&G in a while, I highly recommend it. Love those firewalkers.

Not much else going on. Just the normal work routine, finishing up a paper this week. Hope everyone is having a great day.
~michelle

Check in Tuesday

I had a busy & fun weekend and like Laura - didn't do any exercising. By Monday evening I was craving some type of activity - so I went in and did Ab Circuits - the workout with the weighted ball. I did this because I figured it was better than nothing. I don't think I have done this one before - almost as if I was dreading it - I don't know why now - it was a good ab workout and I did enjoy it. The thing about Ab circuits and I don't know about the rest of STS - but it is quite different than Cathe's other ab work - she presents an exercise - counts out the reps and then finishes. Then presents the next one, does it, etc. It isn't a routine and it doesn't flow from exercise to exercise - you do one - complete it - move on - that's it.

Well - DH and I watched a movie Friday evening - Marley & Me - we did plan to go out but then changed our minds. Saturday - had a wedding - that was fun - I absolutely loved to dance!!! Sunday DH & I and our 2 pups went canoeing - we had such a nice time. We leisurely floated down the river, stopped several times and let the girls run around and swim - took our time and just let the day go by. We came home changed clothes and went out to dinner - rented 2 movies - but when we got home the neighbor called and invited us up. Couldn't or didn't know how to say no - and went up there for a couple of hours. Came home - attempted to watch movies - didn't happen. Fell asleep instantly. Monday we had family over for a very small little picnic. That was choatic - I wouldn't go straight to the realm of fun there but liked seeing everyone. Too much food left over though. Can't believe that entire weekend is over. Kind of bummed.

So tonight I haven't decided as yet what to do - hopefully I'll get a really good workout in.

Janie - sounded as if you had a really great time visiting with your grandsons!!! It also sounds as if you are lifting impressive weight - love hearing about your STS experience.

Shadowpup - glad you checked in - I was wondering about your schedule. I hear a lot of people are finding it difficult to complete the STS rotation without something eventually interfering. It keep thinking that my vacation is going to cut into the middle of it and I would like to pick 3 months where nothing will force me to modify - but that is life I suppose.

Michelle - scrubbing that boat sounds like hard work - I'm not sure I'd exercise either. Liked the sound of the premix you did of B&G - considering doing that tonight.

Ironlady - glad you stopped by - you make me jealous that you finished your testing. I HAVE to get that done - just lazy over here. Do like the "freedom" of just picking & choosing the workouts though.

Laura - seems like red hair comes out of nowhere - my nephew has like a copper colored head of hair - my sister is like dishwater blond and her husband has very dark brown hair - we aren't sure who gave him that. I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't work out - I was almost ashamed to say it until I saw your posts.

Well - life back to normal - back to my routine. I'm actually looking forward to it!!!

Well my sister and I have decided that we need to kick up our cardio a little so we are going to focus on the Body Max and IMAX workouts this summer. I'm starting with BM and IMAX and then working my way up to BM2 and IMAX2. This morning I did the cardio and circuit portion of Body Max--golly that was a sweat fest. I forgot how much water poured out of me on those circuits. WOW! Even after my shower, I was still perspiring. I'm going to need to get up about 20 minutes earlier to add the weight portion to the workout. But I figured I'd just get reacquainted with the cardio/circuit part first.

Shoegal: you had quite a busy weekend. It sounded like everyone was enjoying the holiday. I'm still feeling the DOMs from B&G today (that workout was on Monday)--doing BM helped. Go for it--you'll definitely enjoy. Still don't have any of the STS dvds, so it's interesting to hear about those workouts. The reviews on STS Ab Circuits have been mixed, but it sounds like you enjoy it.

Hello to Janie, Laura, Shadowpup, and Ironlady.
~michelle

Finally got around to B&G today. Did the 78 minute version: standing leg work, glute and butt floor work, and then the ab work. I think I sweat as much with B&G as I do with Cathe's advanced cardios. Felt soooo good.
Janie: happy belated birthday to your grandson. 13 year olds are fun, but I sure wouldn't want to be that age again. In about a month, my 13 year old niece will be with us for about 4-5 weeks.
Speaking of the rest of the ladies: I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend. Been a little quiet here of late.
~michelle
Michelle, Great workout! WHEW! Kids are great at that age. Can have so much fun with them.

Happy Memorial Day!
I have been MIA for a couple of days and with no workouts! Although I had planned workouts for the past 2 days I was way to busy to fit them in, so had a nice break. Drank way to much though!:eek::eek:
I had trouble motivating today but finally got going. I had planned to do BodyMax 2 but when I went to grab it I couldn't find it anywhere. I am pretty sure I ordered it but it wasn't in my library! Hmmm...I will have to investigate that further. So I did Low Max which was fun. Dripping sweat so need to hop in the shower, I will try to come back later for personals.
Laura, Breaks are great, I know!;) Great workout, whatever we find in our libraries, and LM is a great one.

Hi all,
Just wanted to let you know I miss the group! It will be another three weeks before this over-the-top work period slows down - too many things converged on this six week period!
Workouts are going okay. Keeping the amount of time working out helps with maintaining a positive attitude and I'm focusing on relaxing, enjoyable, and mental-break kinds of things so as not to add too much physical challenge during this work marathon. My staples have been long hikes, CardioCoach during travel, the yoga dvd that Laura recommended (love it!), pushups, horse riding, heavy-duty gardening, and sprinkling in p90x plyoX and various kickbox. STS is spread out as two per week rather than three fpr awhile, and I may decide to repeat Meso 2.
Hope all of you are doing well and enjoying spring. It's going to be fun to rejoin you in June!!!
Shadowpup, we missed you too!:D Sounds like you are doing what needs to be done. I'm impressed girl!

Today is a break day for me. I'm enjoying so great DOMs from my B&G workout yesterday. I can really feel my glutes and abs talking to me today. So sweet. If you haven't done B&G in a while, I highly recommend it. Love those firewalkers.
Not much else going on. Just the normal work routine, finishing up a paper this week. Hope everyone is having a great day.
~michelle
Michelle, Enjoy your break day, I know it is well deserved especially from the firewalkers.

I had a busy & fun weekend and like Laura - didn't do any exercising. By Monday evening I was craving some type of activity - so I went in and did Ab Circuits - the workout with the weighted ball. I did this because I figured it was better than nothing. I don't think I have done this one before - almost as if I was dreading it - I don't know why now - it was a good ab workout and I did enjoy it. The thing about Ab circuits and I don't know about the rest of STS - but it is quite different than Cathe's other ab work - she presents an exercise - counts out the reps and then finishes. Then presents the next one, does it, etc. It isn't a routine and it doesn't flow from exercise to exercise - you do one - complete it - move on - that's it.
Well - DH and I watched a movie Friday evening - Marley & Me - we did plan to go out but then changed our minds. Saturday - had a wedding - that was fun - I absolutely loved to dance!!! Sunday DH & I and our 2 pups went canoeing - we had such a nice time. We leisurely floated down the river, stopped several times and let the girls run around and swim - took our time and just let the day go by. We came home changed clothes and went out to dinner - rented 2 movies - but when we got home the neighbor called and invited us up. Couldn't or didn't know how to say no - and went up there for a couple of hours. Came home - attempted to watch movies - didn't happen. Fell asleep instantly. Monday we had family over for a very small little picnic. That was choatic - I wouldn't go straight to the realm of fun there but liked seeing everyone. Too much food left over though. Can't believe that entire weekend is over. Kind of bummed.
So tonight I haven't decided as yet what to do - hopefully I'll get a really good workout in.
Well - life back to normal - back to my routine. I'm actually looking forward to it!!!
Shoegal, Glad to here you had a great weekend. Ab circuits, I agree, it dosen't flow that well, but, it still is great to have them. Is Marley and Me as sad as I think it might be? I love dancing too. There aren't as many opportunities to do it anymore though. Darn. Your canoeing sounds so wonderful, and your day seemed so (what's the word) leisurly.:rolleyes: Family can be hectic but fun all at the same time. I hear ya.

Well my sister and I have decided that we need to kick up our cardio a little so we are going to focus on the Body Max and IMAX workouts this summer. I'm starting with BM and IMAX and then working my way up to BM2 and IMAX2. This morning I did the cardio and circuit portion of Body Max--golly that was a sweat fest. I forgot how much water poured out of me on those circuits. WOW! Even after my shower, I was still perspiring. I'm going to need to get up about 20 minutes earlier to add the weight portion to the workout. But I figured I'd just get reacquainted with the cardio/circuit part first.
~michelle
Michelle, OOOh, you will sure to lose some weight if you pick up your cardio. High five to you and your sister. Go get em tigers.;) And have fun!

Janie

Check in Wed 5/27

Last night I decided to do BM2 - a premix entitled Cardio & weights 70 1/2 minutes long. It was alot like the Cardio & weights workout. Liked it a lot. I was going to do the entire thing but the fact that it was 90 minutes turned me off right then. I must say that it was so nice putting in a step workout and having no trouble at all deciphering the moves - Cathe said it and I did it. I have decided that if something gets in the way of my workouts - then I should do workouts longer than an hour for the rest of the week to make up for it. Well - its a idea. Tonight I am going to do B&Gs - the premix Michelle had done. Wednesdays I have trouble getting a long workout in so I'm going to give it a shot.

I have been trying very hard to keep myself on an even keel as far as eating goes. Missed lunch yesterday and that totally destroyed me - I was so completely hungry that I came home and I couldn't stop myself from pigging out!!! I was completely disgusted with myself afterwards.

Michelle - no - can't say I didn't like Ab Circuits - actually at one point the camera was showing somebody other than Cathe when an exercise started and I wasn't completely certain of what they were doing - and I needed a full body shot of someone straight on to figure out what it was - that annoyed me - but I figured that the more I do it - it will cease to be an issue because I'll already know what it is I need to do.

Janie- I read the book so Marley and Me's ending was hardly a surprise and you can pretty much guess what happens - I mean it's a no brainer but it really doesn't make it any less sad. I cried.

Hope everyone else has a great day out there.

Good Evening, so dinner is cooked, eaten and kitchen cleaned! So I have a moment before I have to go start the whole bed routine!

Today was my Boulder day, the day I usually hike, but since Maggie is in heat I couldn't take her down, and none of my girlfriends could hike. Instead I did an hour and 15 minutes! That last 20 minutes was mind over matter! I was thinking of Tara from the Biggest Loser and her single minded determination that caused her to win all the challenges! (well except the last one and the biggest one!)

I hurt my neck pretty badly yesterday, I had another terrible night sleep the night before, I was running late to my class, and I was tired and hastled. I taught a Pilates on a Fit ball class and at one point I turned my head to look at the class while I was in a vulnerable position and wham there went my neck! It is always an issue for instructors because we often are not paying attention to our own form while looking at our students and it can cause injury. My neck is my weak spot due to 3 bad whiplash injuries. And yesterday was almost as bad as after the accidents!:mad::mad: It is feeling better today but still mighty vulnerable and painful.

Janey: sounds like you have had your hands full with those grandsons! You must love that time together, I know my momma does. Good job on those improvements! Guess Cathe knows what she is doing after all!

Shadowpup: know I have said it before but have to say it again! You are amazing at juggling so much! Plus your property and the animals! My goodness you must be an energizer bunny afterall. I get tired reading your schedule!

Ironlady: nice to hear from you, glad to hear that you are really making progress on working out despite your heel, how is that anywaY? Thanks about the kidos!

Michelle: I hear you on the sweat fast! I am always dripping sweat on those workouts and that is not an exaggeration, I am talking sweat pouring down my face and chest and splashing on the floor! I love it!! Good luck with kicking up the cardio a notch!

Shoegal It does sound like a wonderful weekend! I love dancing to and tore up a rug on Friday night with some good girlfriends it was so fun! I am so jealous you did BM2 I thought I had it so I totally psyched myself up for doing it yesterday and was so bummed I didn't have it! I am pretty sure I did order it so I still need to check up on that. I too try to do longer workouts when I know I am going to miss some...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.