Lurker's Invitation May Check In

Michelle, Step Jam is a great cardio. I use Cardio Hits and The Classics most of the time. Would love to see your Dad's party pictures.

Shadowpup, Sounds like you may have to delegate more work out. You can't do it all yourself. Your workouts look fun and busy, (like your job);) Have fun with it. After burning all the calories, I had DOMS, but not like I thought I would. It was gentle on me. But yesterday I had to rest. My mind said I wanted cardio, but my body said no. Today is another story. Hey, enjoy your new workouts. Where did you upload your pictures? I want to see them.

Shoegal, So glad you had a great time at the lake. I bet the pups really missed you guys. Not super woman yet, but maybe in the far future. LOL:D Hope you are on the mend too. Back hurts are not fun, I know.

Laura, Good job on Low Max? I always thought that if you keep one foot on at all times then it is considered low impact. The torc is a new one to me. I learn new things from you all everyday. I bet Boulder gets very busy with all those athletes.

Today is GS Back Shoulders and Biceps. I'm ready.

Janie

Hi ladies,
This morning I did powerhour. Felt like I needed to lift weights but also get in the lower body. I haven't been doing any lower body with weights since I got sick and I feel like I need to. I'm pretty much all over the cold, so it's time to get back to serious work. Well, I felt sluggish through the whole thing which means one of two things: it's Monday and I always seem to feel sluggish on my Monday exercise OR I need a break day. I'm hoping it's just the Monday sluggishness because I really don't want to take a break day yet. The cardio felt so good yesterday that I don't want to lose the groove.

Got a phone call need to take--back later.
~michelle

Check in Monday

How did it get to be Monday?

I actually worked out to Firm Cardio Sculpt - an old VHS tape I had - with lead Jen Carmen. It is a good total body workout. I did this Thursday. I actually found some of the lower body weight work to be quite challenging but I also felt that the upper body weight work was somewhat lacking.

Tonight I will attempt ASC III (Amy Bento Step). I'm actually not really looking forward to this - I enjoy complicated step but I am not looking forward to the learning part. I'm actually scared. ASC II took me longer than I had anticipated. I was super motivated to keep trying and I adore that workout now but it was beyond frustrating learning it. I got angry!!! Amy just skips any breakdowns -or repeating anything - stuff she does break down is stuff I can do. If it is complicated she just does it. With any Kari Anderson - it would take me tops - twice - to get it all down. With Cathe - usually I get her step the first time through. The only one that stumped me any length of time was one portion of HIS from 4DS. With the new Christi Taylor - by the time she finsihed I was able to do pretty much all of it the first time through. I'll let you know with this Amy.

Laura - my DH and I have only been married only a year. On Sunday I took out the top of my wedding cake from the freezer and we each had a slice. It was like the day it was made although extremely filling. I was excited to see how it would be - now I really don't know what to do with the rest of it. Hope he eats it.

Janie - good luck with the GS workout. I know its a good one.

Shadowpup- I agee with your rule with the summer bulbs. If it was me - I wouldn't do it but My DH has fallen in love with Cannas and he can't seem to do without them. We have a bumper crop every year - it is out of control. We put in these massive sized bulbs and then pull out double what we planted by the end of the season. They take out a huge amount of soil with them as well - but what can you do if you enjoy having them around? Like Calla Lillies too - love those speckled leaves.

Michelle - it is probably just a Monday.

Ironlady - baby your heel and buy a pair of new heels for me. Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day.

Have to tie up some loose ends here. Hope everyone has a nice day.

I was on the phone for over 2 hours! But it was a good conversation. I did alot of listening and took several pages of notes for my Reserve personnel management study.

Shoegal: happy one year anniversary. My DH and I met on the 4th of July, 1984--that's easy to remember but we always forget our anniversary. We can't seem to remember the exact day. It's in mid-July and I think it will be 17 years this year. And alas, Ripken forgot Mother's Day. DH says it is because my pup was so depressed that I was away for the weekend that he couldn't think of anything else. Quite frankly, just having Ripken is gift enough for me.

Janie: I love the GS dvds. I've really gotten hooked on them so I'm trying to mix things up a little. I haven't done PUB or MIS in a while--I feel like I need to spend time with the oldies but goodies every few months.

I hope my sluggishness today is just because it is Monday. I'm looking forward to step/cardio tomorrow. Just have to decide which one. I'm tempted to do RS again just to see if I can get through the challenge. I really do love that one. I figure if I can get through RS all the way, I'm good to go on any of Cathe's step workouts.

Laura: when I read your posts, I always think "wow--you exercise so much and must be in great shape!" I bet you are being too hard on yourself. I work with Marines everyday and they are fitness maniacs. They are my inspiration particularly when I'm doing push-ups. I just think of how hard they work and the conditions they put up with when they are deployed, then I tell myself I can suck it up and get at least one more push-up. It works most of the time.

~michelle

I changed my workouts a bit. I did GS Back Shoulders and Biceps, but did 25 min. of Power Max. Burned 885 calories. Pretty much matched with Cathe.

Hi ladies,
This morning I did powerhour. Felt like I needed to lift weights but also get in the lower body. I haven't been doing any lower body with weights since I got sick and I feel like I need to. I'm pretty much all over the cold, so it's time to get back to serious work. Well, I felt sluggish through the whole thing which means one of two things: it's Monday and I always seem to feel sluggish on my Monday exercise OR I need a break day. I'm hoping it's just the Monday sluggishness because I really don't want to take a break day yet. The cardio felt so good yesterday that I don't want to lose the groove.~michelle
Michelle, Glad you are over your cold. Now you can live life again!LOL;) You probably feel sluggish because it's Monday.:)

How did it get to be Monday?I actually worked out to Firm Cardio Sculpt - an old VHS tape I had - with lead Jen Carmen. It is a good total body workout. I did this Thursday. I actually found some of the lower body weight work to be quite challenging but I also felt that the upper body weight work was somewhat lacking.
Tonight I will attempt ASC III (Amy Bento Step). I'm actually not really looking forward to this - I enjoy complicated step but I am not looking forward to the learning part. I'm actually scared. ASC II took me longer than I had anticipated. I was super motivated to keep trying and I adore that workout now but it was beyond frustrating learning it. I got angry!!! Amy just skips any breakdowns -or repeating anything - stuff she does break down is stuff I can do. If it is complicated she just does it. With any Kari Anderson - it would take me tops - twice - to get it all down. With Cathe - usually I get her step the first time through. The only one that stumped me any length of time was one portion of HIS from 4DS. With the new Christi Taylor - by the time she finsihed I was able to do pretty much all of it the first time through. I'll let you know with this Amy.
Shoegal, Great job on The Firm workout and Let us know how Amy Step went for ya. Every instructor have their own way to cue. I know what you mean.

I was on the phone for over 2 hours! But it was a good conversation. I did alot of listening and took several pages of notes for my Reserve personnel management study.
Janie: I love the GS dvds. I've really gotten hooked on them so I'm trying to mix things up a little. I haven't done PUB or MIS in a while--I feel like I need to spend time with the oldies but goodies every few months.
I hope my sluggishness today is just because it is Monday. I'm looking forward to step/cardio tomorrow. Just have to decide which one. I'm tempted to do RS again just to see if I can get through the challenge. I really do love that one. I figure if I can get through RS all the way, I'm good to go on any of Cathe's step workouts.
~michelle

Michelle, Good job taking notes on the Reserve Personnel Management study. Does this happen often? Love the oldies but goodies, I do them a lot when I'm not doing the STS series. Do what you like on the cardio. If you want to do Rhythmic Step, then do it. Looking forward on how you did with the challenge.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Happy Tuesday! Well this morning, I determined that I have doen 6 days straight of exercise and that I probably needed a break. So, I opted for a partial break: did the first routine on core max and the first routine on stretch max. Ripken likes those because he can get right next to me while I'm doing the ab work or the stretching. My body felt like it appreciated the "break." I'm always reminding my sister that it does the body good to stretch and Cathe's stretch routines let you get in a light but beneficial workout.

It's yet again another busy month. I have 2 reports due at the end of the month. One is an interim report on my reserve study and one is a final report for another study. It's always nice to finish a project. Plus, as per usual, I will work enough extra hours that I won't have to take any leave for last Thursday and Friday. I have over 10 weeks of annual leave right now and when my niece comes to visit this summer, I am definitely taking time off (for real).

Janie: Powermax is a great workout. I really like all those step workouts from Cardio Hits. I've noticed that I have been focused on mastering Cathe's earlier stuff first--I guess just because I like doing things in order (I'm a bit anal about things like this). Cardio Hits and The Classics definitely fall into the category of Cathe's earlier workouts, as do Body Max and Imax. Wish I had the time to do cardio and weights everyday, but that's life right now. Lucky you to be able to do both on the same day. And more importantly: good for you!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. It's gorgeous here in Virginia.
~michelle

Check in Tuesday 5/12/09

Hello everyone!!

Last night - DH asked if I would like to take a walk with him - I said I would so I started to do the ASC III Amy Bento Step video knowing that I would probably need to stop whenever he was ready to go. So I start by going over her preview section. I could actually do most of the moves she showed me so I felt pretty good. The thing about Amy is - she shows the supposedly difficult choreography in this preview section - breaks that all down - ok good - I can practice - I'll be able to do this. But then she just throws in some stuff during the workout that I acutally find more difficult than anything she went over - she just - stuck it in there. No breakdown - doesn't go over it multiple times - just throws it in there like we all know it. I find that very frustrating. Unlike her other step workout I was actually able to complete the warm up - I wasn't lost. I could do most of the first combo - after that - I was done for. I was all over the place and that is when DH came in for the walk. So off I went completely happy that I could get away from it. Came back to finish it up - but ended up sort of just watching the second combo and then I did one of her ab sections then I was done.

Tonight - because MIchelle had mentioned it - I am going to do PowerHour. I want to work hard - I feel like I haven't been putting in good workouts. Plus I've been admonishing myself for my poor eating choices. I find I'm more likely to listen if I really think about what I'm doing. So maybe there is a little more control there. Although right now all I can think about is snacking on some Cheez Its when I get home.

Michelle & Janie - all that talk about the Cardio Hits and The Classics is wrecking havoc with my brain. I absolutely refuse to buy right now - but it actually does not stop me from looking. ;)

Ok gotta go - hey out there to everyone!!!

Happy Spring Day!

So yesterday I had time to kill in Boulder so I did a very, slow, flat hour run about 6 miles I think. People passing me left and right but I didn't let that bother me or change my pace. Hey I figured they all had to start somewhere didn't they? Than I taught my two Monday night classes. i had more people this week which brings my energy up! :D But than I had trouble winding down so I stayed up watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.:eek:

Today I taught my pilates class this morning and had a ton of people. The room was full. Than I decided to do some Cardio and reached for Imax3!:confused: That was by far the toughest cardio workout I have done of Cathe's yet. Who said it was there favorite, was it Shoegal? Are you insane!!! LOL! It took me an hour and forty minutes because I had to keep rewinding to get the choreography and man oh man my heart rate was through the roof! I will be honest I definitely did not finish all the reps/ sets on some of those harder blasts!:eek::eek:

Janie I love the GS and to be honest, although I am enjoying my new DVD's I haven't been having any DOMS, not like the GS give me so I am looking forward to doing them. I am doing the GS rotation in June. Looks like you have really picked up your workouts lately. that rocks!

Michelle;Your active rest day routine is one of my favorites to do. I think I am due for one of those very soon!

SHoegal: I was thinking today that I wished Cathe had something like that preview on Amy's DVD"s on her Cathe TV were she breaks down her commonly used steps like the Figure 8 were she goes slowly and marks out the feet for you. I kinda go through some of the general motions but sometimes I am not 100% accurate. Good job in preserving with that routine. It is fun once you get something down.

Oh wow, it's hump day already. How did THAT happen? The weeks just seem to fly by. Think it has something to do with age. Hmmm.

This morning I went back to my tried and true favorite: rhythmic step. I got through the whole thing! ;) Including the Challenge! I am claiming victory over the cold and allergies; time to ramp up and move on. What's next? I'm thinking MIS or PUB tomorrow.

Laura: all that exercise sounds like fun. Now I have to ask, is teaching pilates and other exercise classes a full-time or part-time endeavor for you right now? Eiether way, how great is it that you get paid to exercise? Very sweet, indeed. Do you do Cathe at your gym or back at your home? Your energy sounds endless....I find that I'm about to fall over on the original IMAX; I haven't even attempted IMAX2 or 3.

I'm wondering where the rest of our crew is? Hopefully exercising but so busy just can't get to the forum.
~michelle

Check in Wednesday

Last night I was attempting to watch the Biggest Loser finale - I have not watched hardly any of the show all season long. Knew very little about any of the people but wanted to see the results. Why does the finale have to be so long - like 3 hours worth of this - I couldn't invest all that time watching all of it. I watched the beginning and it was extremely motivating to see these people transform themselves. One contestant, Michael - an 18 yr old - weighed like 369lbs to start with and was so thin he looked like a completely different person. I just wanted to jump up and exercise it was so motivating. So I stopped watching and did PowerHour - at one point I was doing the lunges and thought I wasn't going to be able to finish - but I had just watched those people pushing themselves beyond what they thought they could do - and thought - heck - I can do it too!!!! I did it - but I was also super happy when those lunges were over.

Laura - that run sounded fabulous - and yes, IMAX 3 is my favorite IMAX workout. I love that workout. The first time I did it I was blown away by the blasts - the thing I really, really like is that the blasts have choreography too - not like IMAX I & II where she just does one or 2 hard moves - this is just jam packed with interesting choreography that shoots your heart rate up. I remember thinking the first time - nope - I can't do this now - but I will.

Michelle - Rhythmic Step - definitely a good one. I'm glad the cold is officially over. I'm thinking Shadowpup is away again I believe she had another trip.

So Janie - Ironlady - Where are you guys???!!!

Well - everyone have a great over the hump day - I agree that came by quick. Must be old too. :D

Happy Tuesday! Well this morning, I determined that I have doen 6 days straight of exercise and that I probably needed a break. So, I opted for a partial break: did the first routine on core max and the first routine on stretch max. Ripken likes those because he can get right next to me while I'm doing the ab work or the stretching. My body felt like it appreciated the "break." I'm always reminding my sister that it does the body good to stretch and Cathe's stretch routines let you get in a light but beneficial workout.
It's yet again another busy month. I have 2 reports due at the end of the month. One is an interim report on my reserve study and one is a final report for another study. It's always nice to finish a project. Plus, as per usual, I will work enough extra hours that I won't have to take any leave for last Thursday and Friday. I have over 10 weeks of annual leave right now and when my niece comes to visit this summer, I am definitely taking time off (for real).
Janie: Powermax is a great workout. I really like all those step workouts from Cardio Hits. I've noticed that I have been focused on mastering Cathe's earlier stuff first--I guess just because I like doing things in order (I'm a bit anal about things like this). Cardio Hits and The Classics definitely fall into the category of Cathe's earlier workouts, as do Body Max and Imax. Wish I had the time to do cardio and weights everyday, but that's life right now. Lucky you to be able to do both on the same day. And more importantly: good for you!~michelle

Michelle, I'm retired with my honey and if I didn't make time for these workouts, then I would never do them. I'm more busy now than I have been in my entire life. LOL:eek: I don't know why that is. I don't know how a working person can manage it anymore, I use to when I was working but also struggled with the time also. Even had a child that depended on me. I don't know how we do it. We just have to I guess.;) My body wouldn't be able to take weights and a cardio everyday anyway. Just every now and then.:confused: You seem extra busy to me with your work. I only had to work 8 hours a day and then go home. Sometime working overtime on the weekends. You are amazing! Will you be taking 10 weeks off this Summer then? You sure deserve it.

Hello everyone!!
Last night - DH asked if I would like to take a walk with him - I said I would so I started to do the ASC III Amy Bento Step video knowing that I would probably need to stop whenever he was ready to go. So I start by going over her preview section. I could actually do most of the moves she showed me so I felt pretty good. The thing about Amy is - she shows the supposedly difficult choreography in this preview section - breaks that all down - ok good - I can practice - I'll be able to do this. But then she just throws in some stuff during the workout that I acutally find more difficult than anything she went over - she just - stuck it in there. No breakdown - doesn't go over it multiple times - just throws it in there like we all know it. I find that very frustrating. Unlike her other step workout I was actually able to complete the warm up - I wasn't lost. I could do most of the first combo - after that - I was done for. I was all over the place and that is when DH came in for the walk. So off I went completely happy that I could get away from it. Came back to finish it up - but ended up sort of just watching the second combo and then I did one of her ab sections then I was done.
Tonight - because MIchelle had mentioned it - I am going to do PowerHour. I want to work hard - I feel like I haven't been putting in good workouts. Plus I've been admonishing myself for my poor eating choices. I find I'm more likely to listen if I really think about what I'm doing. So maybe there is a little more control there. Although right now all I can think about is snacking on some Cheez Its when I get home.
Michelle & Janie - all that talk about the Cardio Hits and The Classics is wrecking havoc with my brain. I absolutely refuse to buy right now - but it actually does not stop me from looking. ;)
Shegal, I agree with you about Amy Benton. She is not the greatest cue person at all. She has terrific workouts, to bad she messes up on the cueing. I gues memerizing it could help some. PUT THE CHEESE ITS DOWN! Have an apple instead. Your plan sounds really good. PowerMax is HARD. But you can do it.

Happy Spring Day!
So yesterday I had time to kill in Boulder so I did a very, slow, flat hour run about 6 miles I think. People passing me left and right but I didn't let that bother me or change my pace. Hey I figured they all had to start somewhere didn't they? Than I taught my two Monday night classes. i had more people this week which brings my energy up! :D But than I had trouble winding down so I stayed up watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.:eek:
Today I taught my pilates class this morning and had a ton of people. The room was full. Than I decided to do some Cardio and reached for Imax3!:confused: That was by far the toughest cardio workout I have done of Cathe's yet. Who said it was there favorite, was it Shoegal? Are you insane!!! LOL! It took me an hour and forty minutes because I had to keep rewinding to get the choreography and man oh man my heart rate was through the roof! I will be honest I definitely did not finish all the reps/ sets on some of those harder blasts!:eek::eek:
Laura, 6 miles, congratulations. That's a great job. Did you like The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button? I want to see that so bad! Glad you were able to finish IMax3, I can not do it yet! One day I will, hopefully.

Oh wow, it's hump day already. How did THAT happen? The weeks just seem to fly by. Think it has something to do with age. Hmmm.
This morning I went back to my tried and true favorite: rhythmic step. I got through the whole thing! ;) Including the Challenge! I am claiming victory over the cold and allergies; time to ramp up and move on. What's next? I'm thinking MIS or PUB tomorrow.
I'm wondering where the rest of our crew is? Hopefully exercising but so busy just can't get to the forum. ~michelle
Michelle, The older you get the faster the days, weeks, months and yes years go by. (SCARY!) Great job on RS, that is a challenge for me. Sorry for not posting yesterday, I was so so busy.

Last night I was attempting to watch the Biggest Loser finale - I have not watched hardly any of the show all season long. Knew very little about any of the people but wanted to see the results. Why does the finale have to be so long - like 3 hours worth of this - I couldn't invest all that time watching all of it. I watched the beginning and it was extremely motivating to see these people transform themselves. One contestant, Michael - an 18 yr old - weighed like 369lbs to start with and was so thin he looked like a completely different person. I just wanted to jump up and exercise it was so motivating. So I stopped watching and did PowerHour - at one point I was doing the lunges and thought I wasn't going to be able to finish - but I had just watched those people pushing themselves beyond what they thought they could do - and thought - heck - I can do it too!!!! I did it - but I was also super happy when those lunges were over.
So Janie - Ironlady - Where are you guys???!!!
Well - everyone have a great over the hump day - I agree that came by quick. Must be old too. :D

Shoegal, I agree, that watching the Biggest Loser is motivating. This year though, I just don't have the time, too many things going on. I do however watch American Idol. This year is great! PowerHour is one of the most difficult workouts to do. YOU DID IT! Congratulations!;) Sorry about not posting yesterday, I've been so busy.

Today Joey and I will do GS Legs. I'm getting ready right now.

Did GS Legs, 67 min. (I hate leg workouts). They were so hard. Love the results though. Also did 7 min. of Ab Hits. Total minutes was 74 and burned 538 calories. Lost a pound. Yeah!

Janie

Last edited:
Hi Everyone. I also stayed up watching the Biggest Loser Finale. This season I watched every episode. I really get motivated by the contestants too. I get so irritated by all the game playing on the show as if weight loss isn't hard enough! I was so sad Tara lost I hope she doesn't get discouraged

So last night I woke up around 1:30 & wasn' able to go back to sleep until sometime after 5 am and the alarm went off at 6:30. Yikes! Luckily my dear sweet husband was able to take the girls to school so I went to bed and ended up sleeping til 1:00pm! I NEVER do that but I was so tired I have had a few bad nights of sleep in a row and I must have really needed it. Now I am so disorientated and out of it and believe it or not still tired so I took a rest day.

Michelle good job on the challenge. I don't have RS so I am not sure what that entails but anything that Cathe calls a challenge can't be easy!

Shoegal: I definitley think of the BL contestants when ever a work out is tough. They are amazingly inspiring especially considering how out of shape and heavy they are to start. Them doing a lunge at 350 lbs would be like us doing lunges with an 150 + lb dumbbell! Insane!

Janie: I hear you on the love hate relationship to long leg workouts! They are hard to get through but so worth the work!

Hi All!

No workouts this week except Sunday. Work has been really nuts this week, we had an employee fired and have had to work over everyday... just really tired by the time I get home and I haven't been able to get up early either!!! :( I did walk to Subway for lunch today though! :)

Dinner with DD tomorrow! Yeah! Japanerios was fantastic as usual!!! I'm sure I ate more than enough sushi for everyone here!!! :) :) :) Even had left overs! Then we saw the new Star Trek movie it was soooo good!

So Workouts start again on Friday and take it from there!!! Personals later....I have read them all though!!!

Hi everyone. I'm between meetings at Quantico today. Just got through my work email and have just enough time for checking in.

This morning Ripken and I had our normal long walk. Warm enough for me to switch to capris but cool enough for a sweater. Ripken says, "just right for me with my long hair." No humidity today. Nice breeze, but mostly cloudly. We'll take it! After the walk, I did PUB. Can't remember the last time I did PUB. My lower back is bothering me today and I'm not sure why, so I went a little easy on the weight amounts for the back work. Probably need to kick up the weights on triceps next time around. And I'm trying to figure out a new approach to breaking the wall I seem to hit on hammer curls. On PUB, for bicep curls I do 8-10-12-10-8 on my dumb bell weights. For hammer curls, I hit the wall on the 12# weights. Jeez it's only 8 reps! Any suggestions?

Janie: woohoo--high 5, you lost a pound!

Ironlady: the work situation stinks. Hopefully, you all will be able to hire/promote a person to the open position so everyone else isn't working harder and longer for too long.

Laura: just hate when I have sleepless nights. Wonder why you're not sleeping? Too much going on? Stress? Hope you are slumbering well soon. It just messes you up big time when your sleep cycle isn't right.

Time to head back to Quantico.
~michelle

Check in Thursday 5/14

Last night I did Amy Bento's ASC III again. Janie you are right - There is a complete lack of cueing there and SHE does the move ONCE!!! :mad: I decided to rewind and rewind and rewind until I got Combo's 1 & 2 - but I kept thinking - this is completely unacceptable. I'm sure when I have this all down I won't really mind it anymore - but while I'm learning it just makes me angry. There was a move where she shuffles down the step does this turn and shuffles down again. I kept watching her feet on the turn - I always ended up on the wrong foot and I couldn't figure out why. So I sat down and just watched. Turns out she turns the corner and shuffles down the other side of the step - once I understood that I was good to go. I think her problem is that she doesn't properly convey where you are or where you should be in relation to the step - my biggest problem is figuring out what side of the step she is on - I'm telling you - it is not obvious. When Amy straddles the step it isn't clear what side she is on and sometimes that makes all the difference in the world.

Janie - good job on losing that pound - I know how hard it is - just keep it up. I love that you are so very busy in retirement. Just the business of living takes up a lot of time - and that sounds wonderful. I always tell my DH that when you are on your deathbed no one ever says - "Gee I wish I would have spent more time at work."

Ironlady - lay offs here too - second round was last Friday. We all have to just hang in there - things are bound to turn around but it is so scary.

Laura - I usually can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. If my DH and I attempt to watch a movie and I get all comfortable it can take seconds for me to fall asleep. However - If I fall asleep on the couch and I wake up - I must go directly to bed. If I get up and try to do something like wash the dishes - then I'm awake for good - I'll be up the entire rest of the night. Have you tried a glass of wine (that usually puts me out) - not always though. You certainly deserve a rest day. :)

Ok - don't know what I'll be doing tonight - but hope everyone has a peaceful evening. :D

Hi everyone, so back on track today. I just finished Low Impact Circuit for the first time and I LOVED it. It was easy to pick up the step,{ not trying to rub it in Shoegal:D it must be Cathe!} So I barely had to rewind this one at all. I think it will be a fast favorite. I only did it on one riser. At first I didn't realize Cathe and crew were on 2 but than decided to keep it on one to learn it and because my thights were tights from IMAX3 the other day.:eek::eek: tomorrow maybe have to be another rest day, I have a supper busy day in Boulder. I can probably squeeze in a walk and maybe some pilates we will see.

Shoegal: that sounds super frustrating. If I were you I would already have that sucker up on Ebay! LOL! Good for you for keeping with it. I also find it hard to learn step from the TV. I know I would get it in a heart beat if I were in the same room behind the instructor. Layoffs are scary I know a lot of people who have or are at risk of losing their jobs.

Michelle: I love PUB! And man those biceps get me everytime! I keep thinking it should get easier too! That is probably the hardiest series she does on biceps! Try some pelvic tilts to stretch out your lower back.

Ironlady: the work situation sounds tough! Man you really are getting it from all sides aren't you! I admire your positive spirit and determined nature!

Hi Janie and Shadowpup hope you guys are well

Off to shower now, probably can't check in again until Sat.

So last night I woke up around 1:30 & wasn' able to go back to sleep until sometime after 5 am and the alarm went off at 6:30. Yikes! Luckily my dear sweet husband was able to take the girls to school so I went to bed and ended up sleeping til 1:00pm! I NEVER do that but I was so tired I have had a few bad nights of sleep in a row and I must have really needed it. Now I am so disorientated and out of it and believe it or not still tired so I took a rest day.

Laura, I feel for you with insomnia. It happens to me too frequently. Hope you go to sleep/rest on this rest day.

Hi All!
No workouts this week except Sunday. Work has been really nuts this week, we had an employee fired and have had to work over everyday... just really tired by the time I get home and I haven't been able to get up early either!!! :( I did walk to Subway for lunch today though! :)
Dinner with DD tomorrow! Yeah! Japanerios was fantastic as usual!!! I'm sure I ate more than enough sushi for everyone here!!! :) :) :) Even had left overs! Then we saw the new Star Trek movie it was soooo good!
So Workouts start again on Friday and take it from there!!! Personals later....I have read them all though!!!

Ironlady, Hope you get enough rest soon. Sounds like you need it. Japanerios, sounds wonderful!;) I want to see the new Star Trek movies so bad! Glad you enjoyed it. Friday is a good day to start workouts again. Good for you for not giving up. Just keep plugging away.

This morning Ripken and I had our normal long walk. Warm enough for me to switch to capris but cool enough for a sweater. Ripken says, "just right for me with my long hair." No humidity today. Nice breeze, but mostly cloudly. We'll take it! After the walk, I did PUB. Can't remember the last time I did PUB. My lower back is bothering me today and I'm not sure why, so I went a little easy on the weight amounts for the back work. Probably need to kick up the weights on triceps next time around. And I'm trying to figure out a new approach to breaking the wall I seem to hit on hammer curls. On PUB, for bicep curls I do 8-10-12-10-8 on my dumb bell weights. For hammer curls, I hit the wall on the 12# weights. Jeez it's only 8 reps! Any suggestions?
Janie: woohoo--high 5, you lost a pound!
Time to head back to Quantico.~michelle

Michelle, Ripken and you must have enjoyed that beautiful walk. You did the right thing knowing your back is sore and taking it easy. Wise woman. Suggestions for lifting heavier weight: I use these magnetcs to put on my weight (barbells/dumbells). They are about 1/2 ea. first and go up it weight everytime I do the exerceses again. Sooner or later I'm able to jump up a dumbell size. It's just a matter of a couple of weeks. Seems to always work for me. I've forgotten where I purchased them from, but if you look on the internet for a science place, it will get you there. All kinds of various shapes and sizses. I reccommend these to anyone. And, they are much less expensive then platemates. Thanks for the high 5. Yeah!:rolleyes:

Last night I did Amy Bento's ASC III again. Janie you are right - There is a complete lack of cueing there and SHE does the move ONCE!!! :mad: I decided to rewind and rewind and rewind until I got Combo's 1 & 2 - but I kept thinking - this is completely unacceptable. I'm sure when I have this all down I won't really mind it anymore - but while I'm learning it just makes me angry. There was a move where she shuffles down the step does this turn and shuffles down again. I kept watching her feet on the turn - I always ended up on the wrong foot and I couldn't figure out why. So I sat down and just watched. Turns out she turns the corner and shuffles down the other side of the step - once I understood that I was good to go. I think her problem is that she doesn't properly convey where you are or where you should be in relation to the step - my biggest problem is figuring out what side of the step she is on - I'm telling you - it is not obvious. When Amy straddles the step it isn't clear what side she is on and sometimes that makes all the difference in the world.
Janie - good job on losing that pound - I know how hard it is - just keep it up. I love that you are so very busy in retirement. Just the business of living takes up a lot of time - and that sounds wonderful. I always tell my DH that when you are on your deathbed no one ever says - "Gee I wish I would have spent more time at work.":D

Shoegal, I'm so proud of you for not giving up on Amy's step workout. She may be a pain in the...but she is good. Glad you figured it out. I do what you do, but the night before I do the workout, I watch it, then sleep on it and I'm able to do a fairly good job the next day. Thanks for the encourement for my 1 pound loss. You are so funny about deathbed comment. Ha! lol:eek:. I need to stell my DH the same thing.LOL.

Hi everyone, so back on track today. I just finished Low Impact Circuit for the first time and I LOVED it. It was easy to pick up the step,{ not trying to rub it in Shoegal:D it must be Cathe!} So I barely had to rewind this one at all. I think it will be a fast favorite. I only did it on one riser. At first I didn't realize Cathe and crew were on 2 but than decided to keep it on one to learn it and because my thights were tights from IMAX3 the other day.:eek::eek: tomorrow maybe have to be another rest day, I have a supper busy day in Boulder. I can probably squeeze in a walk and maybe some pilates we will see.

Laura, Good to hear you are back on track today. Yeah! LIC is a great workout, good job for doing that one. It aint easy, soon you'll do it on 2 risers. Enjoy your rest day tomorrow. Squeeze in what you can.

Today was Power Max. Love this Step workout. But only had time for 45 min. of it. Better than nothing. Tomorrow I might just do some dancing (Latina) from a DVD I have. I have several of them, but haven't decided which one yet.

Take care all,

Janie

Wow, it's Friday, May 15th--where is this month going already? Crazy, crazy.

Just finished KickMax--did the combos and the leg drills. It's funny--most people seem to pick up the kickboxing really fast and I'm just the opposite. This is a good cardio workout for the boat, so I'll be doing it at least once a week for a while. I'm hoping to master it before the summer is out. I've also got KP&C. Need to preview it and decide if it is suitable for a boat workout.

Laura: LIC is a fun workout and pretty easy to get through the first time around. It's also one of Cathe's longer step circuit workouts. Good for you.

Janie: I know that I've said it before, but I love those cardio hit workouts. I think you have mentioned that they are among your favorites. Mine too.

Shoegal: you're comments on Amy Bento are consistent with others I have read. I'm with Laura; I'd have the dang dvd up for auction on ebay. Hate not having good cueing on a workout. One thing for a workout to be challenging--quite another when the cueing is not there.

Beautiful day today in Southern Maryland. Right now the sun is shining and a nice breeze is blowing out of the South. DH just got back from going grocery shopping. Better him than me that's all I can say. Right not he's complaining that the store didn't have many registers open--had to wait in line to check out longer than it took him to go through the store.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day! Little Rippy says woof, woof. Actually, he's snoozing in front of his fan plus we've got the AC going. Ahh, to live the life of Ripken.:cool:
~michelle

Hi Everyone- I thought I would take up Janie's invitation to join the Lurkers Check-In. I think I need some way of keeping myself accountable and motivated to continue exercising, hopefully this will help. Today I started back with the Couch To 5K again. A few weeks ago I was starting week 2, jogging 90 seconds, walking 2 minutes when I pulled the muscle in my left calf. So, today it was back to week 1. By the end of the 20 minutes I could feel it in that calf. Hopefully there will not be any problems with it and I can do another 20 minutes on Sunday. After the walk/run I did 10 minutes on the elliptical, so that I could get a full 30 minutes of cardio.

Sharon

Wow, it's Friday, May 15th--where is this month going already? Crazy, crazy.

Just finished KickMax--did the combos and the leg drills. It's funny--most people seem to pick up the kickboxing really fast and I'm just the opposite. This is a good cardio workout for the boat, so I'll be doing it at least once a week for a while. I'm hoping to master it before the summer is out. I've also got KP&C. Need to preview it and decide if it is suitable for a boat workout.
Beautiful day today in Southern Maryland. Right now the sun is shining and a nice breeze is blowing out of the South. DH just got back from going grocery shopping. Better him than me that's all I can say. Right not he's complaining that the store didn't have many registers open--had to wait in line to check out longer than it took him to go through the store.
Hope everyone is enjoying their day! Little Rippy says woof, woof. Actually, he's snoozing in front of his fan plus we've got the AC going. Ahh, to live the life of Ripken.:cool:
~michelle
Michelle, I don't know where time goes!:confused: Enjoy Kickmax, it's a goody. You'll master it in just a few times your at it. Woof Woof, back at Ripken.

Hi Everyone- I thought I would take up Janie's invitation to join the Lurkers Check-In. I think I need some way of keeping myself accountable and motivated to continue exercising, hopefully this will help. Today I started back with the Couch To 5K again. A few weeks ago I was starting week 2, jogging 90 seconds, walking 2 minutes when I pulled the muscle in my left calf. So, today it was back to week 1. By the end of the 20 minutes I could feel it in that calf. Hopefully there will not be any problems with it and I can do another 20 minutes on Sunday. After the walk/run I did 10 minutes on the elliptical, so that I could get a full 30 minutes of cardio.Sharon

Sharon, Welcome Aboard! So glad you decided to come here and chat. You are not alone on being accountable and motivated with eats and exercises. We all need the same thing. Seems you are doing really well getting back into things. Keep up the good work. I also hope there will not be anymore problems with pulled muscles. Try using a roller, they are awesome. Just go on internet and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's like having a message, and it hurts so good. It truly helps me when my muscles are tight, or even it I pulled one. There is also utube to see how it is done. Hope the best for you.

Shoegal, I have a question. I went second handing today and bought a pair of really nice shoes. The brand name is "Franco Sarto", they are the highest heel I've ever had, at least 3+ inches, and oh so comfortable. It also has a number on one shoe, 36p49. Do you know if I have a good pair of shoes? They are awesome in any case. I bought them for $10.00.

Just shopped today, it was my rest day. Tomorrow, I'm not sure what we're going to do.

Night all,

Janie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.