Lurker's Invitation May Check In

Hi Everyone,

Did 4DS High Intensity Step along with Chest and Back. Burned 472 calories and made a homemade nutrient rich protein drink. Yummy:p.

I know it's the weekend, but just wanted to say Hi anyway.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Janie

Hi all, just wanted to stop in and let you know I am still around! The last trip was pretty intense: left for DC from west coast on Mon, returned to a different city, still west coast on Tues, intense meetings three days, drove home four hours Friday to get in about 9pm. Next week, another trip, though at least it is just one state and I am home on Friday for eleven lovely days in a row. Still, it's worth it: so gorgeous around here ...

Workouts are going okay, though not terrific. During the Five Days Of Crazy, I did considerable walking and got in P90X plyoX and Cathe 4ds. And a little yoga! However, the constant timezone changes and doing Meso2 workouts three day in a row is so intense that it's triggering signs of overtraining. Had to drop some upper body weights twenty percent on Saturday to get through STS M2 W2 Triceps, and Sunday my lower body warned me sternly against attempting M2W2 Legs (did cardio instead). It may be that Meso2 requires a break from strength training every four weeks instead of every eight weeks, and quite possibly trying to do the workouts three days in a row as I sometimes did in Meso1 isn't an option. We'll see how it goes this weekend. Certainly I feel stronger than I did Sunday last week! And I can always modify by doing a whole body workout to maintain muscle for awhile, and pick it up again, when life slows down to merely hectic on June 18. But I'd like to see if I can soldier on without damaging anything :)

Laura, you were asking about pictures? I used the User CP features, on the left column, under albums and pictures. There is a place you can make a new album and upload photos three at a time. The upload fails if the pictures are super high res, but default settings have been working for me. BTW, your workouts sound terrific - and you must be a fantastic teacher, with your sessions being full so often in a part of the country where people are highly focused on fitness :)

Michelle, hi to you and Rippy! Some fun walks you're having - and your workouts are great. I really like all the various kickbox dvds, KPC is also a favorite. Terrific that you're doing them on the boat. There's also Ilaria's bodystrike, which is lower body, and takes up a little less space than some; Cathe's 4DS kickbox is short and can be done in a small space if you are careful, and Coffey-Meyer's 30 min kickbox probably takes the least room of all.

Sharon, nice to have a new lurker! It will be great to have another person here to keep us all accountable. Welcome!

Shoegal, interesting to hear about Amy Bento. I don't think I have anything of hers. Maybe shouldn't get it; I have at least two left feet getting tangled up as it is, and really need the cues to be there for me, and decent photography so that it's possible to understand what's going on. But some people love her.

Ironlady, I was thinking of you and also Michelle while sitting on the metro with my blackberry, watching the federal triangle and Pentagon stops. Really love having that option as opposed to a car. Sounds like you are also being affected by the east coast crazies that happen this time of year. Hopefully your workweeks will settle down.

Janie, sounds like your workouts are going well, and being down a pound is terrific! How are you enjoying your gardening?

Hi to everyone else who is lurking; I need to head off to pay bills, water things, tend animals, garden, maybe buy another apple tree, and so on. And pack. And maybe ride :) And, today we expect to add on to our beehive! hopefully it will drown out the buzzing of the blackberry.

Last edited:
Hi Sharon--welcome to the Lurker's check-in. I think I joined the group back in January and it seems like I've been sharing news with everyone for years already. This is a great way to stay motivated because everyone has their good days and bad days and we all experience set backs every once in a while.

Shadowpup: welcome home, at least for a couple of days.

No exercise for me today. Taking a break. Which means B&G tomorrow.

DH and I are off to a marina mixer in a little bit. Need to get dressed. We'll see how long that takes.

~michelle

Howdy Ya'll!

So yesterday I did a short run, just under 3 miles at a slow pace, just to get a little something in for the day. Glad I did it although it seemed harder than usual.

Today I did the Boot Camp from the Intensity Series for the first time. Wow that was fun. I like my new DVD's a lot, but still haven't had any real DOM's in awhile. Other than my legs after Imax 3. So wondering what that is about? I am looking forward to getting back into some more intense lifting starting next week.

Shadowpup; welcome home! There must always seem like so much to attend to after you get back, and yet you must also want to kick up your heels and relax for a little bit. Sounds like you are listening to what your body needs and that is a very important thing to do. Thanks for the compliment! I don't get a lot of athletes per say in my class, mostly middle aged woman who are pretty fit! They are a fun bunch and I enjoy them a lot.

Janey: I love the 4DS! Are you done with STS than? So you had a SHOPMAX day! How fun! I want one of those! Maybe after I lose a few more pounds....

Michelle: Kick Max is on my calendar for tomorrow I can't wait to try it. I love the Kick boxing on KPC and on the 4DS both are some of my favorites. I to plan to take them on vacations because they don't require equipment. My DH and his father and another family own some property in Maryland, well actually it is quit a lot of property, it is a little thumb that sticks out, mostly marsh, it is supposed to be a duck hunting mecca, but there aren't nearly as many birds as their used to be, so they never go there. I have been there once. It is completely undeveloped and right next to a big bird preserve. It is near Easton, and I forgot the name of the property but it starts with the letter Q....

Welcome Sharon: always nice to meet someone new and who is on the path of fitness. I recently started running about a month and a half ago. I used to hate it but now I am loving it! Sorry to hear about the turn muscle in your calf. I hope it heals soon. Take care of it so you can keep going on your path!

Hi to everyone else.

Hi all, just wanted to stop in and let you know I am still around! The last trip was pretty intense: left for DC from west coast on Mon, returned to a different city, still west coast on Tues, intense meetings three days, drove home four hours Friday to get in about 9pm. Next week, another trip, though at least it is just one state and I am home on Friday for eleven lovely days in a row. Still, it's worth it: so gorgeous around here ...
Workouts are going okay, though not terrific. During the Five Days Of Crazy, I did considerable walking and got in P90X plyoX and Cathe 4ds. And a little yoga! However, the constant timezone changes and doing Meso2 workouts three day in a row is so intense that it's triggering signs of overtraining. Had to drop some upper body weights twenty percent on Saturday to get through STS M2 W2 Triceps, and Sunday my lower body warned me sternly against attempting M2W2 Legs (did cardio instead). It may be that Meso2 requires a break from strength training every four weeks instead of every eight weeks, and quite possibly trying to do the workouts three days in a row as I sometimes did in Meso1 isn't an option. We'll see how it goes this weekend. Certainly I feel stronger than I did Sunday last week! And I can always modify by doing a whole body workout to maintain muscle for awhile, and pick it up again, when life slows down to merely hectic on June 18. But I'd like to see if I can soldier on without damaging anything :)
Janie, sounds like your workouts are going well, and being down a pound is terrific! How are you enjoying your gardening?
Hi to everyone else who is lurking; I need to head off to pay bills, water things, tend animals, garden, maybe buy another apple tree, and so on. And pack. And maybe ride :) And, today we expect to add on to our beehive! hopefully it will drown out the buzzing of the blackberry.

Shadowpup, Such a traveling person. Look at all the places you go to. I'm still amazed at your stories. 11 days home. How wonderful, enjoy them. STS truly is intense, and you are right, back to back exerises are not an option. Consider all the time zones and do what you can, but do the best you can like you said and I'm sure it will be better. Hang in there. It's got to be tough when you are traveling so much. I fininished puting in another bed of asparagus and right now we are eating lots of it from our other bed. Yum Yummy! I planted tomatoes and cukes in the greenhouses and planted the last everbearing raspberry and two zuchinii. Oh yes, also sugar peas. I think this year thats enough for me. I have so much clean up from last year to do and a big problem with weeds to contend with. So I'm stopping there. I also have beauty bark to spread in our very large garden. Lots of work left to do, but I'll get it under control this year. Enjoy your errands and the day.

Hi Sharon--welcome to the Lurker's check-in. I think I joined the group back in January and it seems like I've been sharing news with everyone for years already. This is a great way to stay motivated because everyone has their good days and bad days and we all experience set backs every once in a while.
DH and I are off to a marina mixer in a little bit. Need to get dressed. We'll see how long that takes.~michelle

Michelle, Enjoy the marina mixer.

Howdy Ya'll!
So yesterday I did a short run, just under 3 miles at a slow pace, just to get a little something in for the day. Glad I did it although it seemed harder than usual.
Today I did the Boot Camp from the Intensity Series for the first time. Wow that was fun. I like my new DVD's a lot, but still haven't had any real DOM's in awhile. Other than my legs after Imax 3. So wondering what that is about? I am looking forward to getting back into some more intense lifting starting next week.
Laura, Your short run is my long jog. How do you do that?:rolleyes: I see your doing great at your workouts. Don't know why you are not feeling DOMS, but it's not necessary to feel them all the time. As long as you feel the push and pull on your muscles you are working them.

Sharon, how ya doing?

It's my rest day toda, but need to workout in the garden.

Janie

Happy Sunday!

Kind of quite on the posts today but I guess that is appropriate for a Sunday.

I just finished Kick Max for the first time. I liked it but not as much as the kickboxing on the 4DS.. It starts real slow and I was wondering if it was going to pick up and it does with the blasts! But I think it would be better to put the blasts in between the combos to get the heart rate up and than give it a chance to lower down again with the combo. And the leg sculpting was intense but not really enjoyable.....:confused: So I was a little disappointed. Maybe next time I will mix & match the blasts & combos and see how it goes. That is what is so cool about Cathe's DVD's is all the options she gives you.

Janey sounds like that garden is keeping you busy. It is time for me to go and spend some time in my beds.....Thanks for your encouragement on the workouts!

Michelle: did you have fun at the mixer?

Where is everyone else? Working out I bet!

Oh by the way I went to a party last night and the first thing the hostess said, who I had not seen in a very long time, "Oh you've lost a ton of weight!!":eek::eek: So even though I haven't I must be toning up!

Check in Monday

I was so busy all weekend long that I didn't have a chance to post. Earlier in the week my DH decided we should have some "people" over. Somehow that translates into a whole bunch of work for me. Thursday evening I had cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and then I cleaned some more. DH was outside doing outside stuff - not sure what that stuff is - but it kept him busy enough that he didn't come in and help. By the time I finished it was 10pm. I walk into my room and did Cathe's ME. Whole thing -thought about doing the shorter premix - but thought, by the time I finish I'll have wished I did the whole thing. So I was glad I did.

Friday - actually had done so much on Thursday we didn't have much to do to prepare. So I gardened a little. The "people" came over - and we all had a lovely time. Thankfully the little get together that had managed to cause so much stress went off quite well.

Saturday - we got up and planted all our summer bulbs - and I planted the hydrangea!!!! Next day it had turned cold and they warned of a frost that night. I thought -you have to be kidding me!!! We had waited to put all that in to make sure we beat the frost - I mean - we just planted the day before!!! We had to cover everything last night.

On Sunday - did my usual - and we were celebrating my sister in law's birthday. Had to prepare. Also did some yard work in my Mom's yard too.

Tonight I will actually torture myself and do Amy Bento's ASC III again. Can you believe that I'm such a sucker for this type of punishment???

I have to go - but I'll be back later to finish up.

Did 4DS Lower Intensity Step/Shoulders and calves. Burned 495 calories. My weight is up a couple of pounds. Had too much to eat one day. I know better, but...next time I'll just cheat one meal instead of one day, all day long.:(

Happy Sunday!
Kind of quite on the posts today but I guess that is appropriate for a Sunday.
I just finished Kick Max for the first time. I liked it but not as much as the kickboxing on the 4DS.. It starts real slow and I was wondering if it was going to pick up and it does with the blasts! But I think it would be better to put the blasts in between the combos to get the heart rate up and than give it a chance to lower down again with the combo. And the leg sculpting was intense but not really enjoyable.....:confused: So I was a little disappointed. Maybe next time I will mix & match the blasts & combos and see how it goes. That is what is so cool about Cathe's DVD's is all the options she gives you.
Oh by the way I went to a party last night and the first thing the hostess said, who I had not seen in a very long time, "Oh you've lost a ton of weight!!":eek::eek: So even though I haven't I must be toning up!
Laura, Kickmax is that way, but to me it sneaks up on ya. Especially towards the end. I'm grateful for the premixes as well. Congratulations on the compliment from the hostess. How cool is that? Good for you!:D

I was so busy all weekend long that I didn't have a chance to post. Earlier in the week my DH decided we should have some "people" over. Somehow that translates into a whole bunch of work for me. Thursday evening I had cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and then I cleaned some more. DH was outside doing outside stuff - not sure what that stuff is - but it kept him busy enough that he didn't come in and help. By the time I finished it was 10pm. I walk into my room and did Cathe's ME. Whole thing -thought about doing the shorter premix - but thought, by the time I finish I'll have wished I did the whole thing. So I was glad I did.
Friday - actually had done so much on Thursday we didn't have much to do to prepare. So I gardened a little. The "people" came over - and we all had a lovely time. Thankfully the little get together that had managed to cause so much stress went off quite well.
Saturday - we got up and planted all our summer bulbs - and I planted the hydrangea!!!! Next day it had turned cold and they warned of a frost that night. I thought -you have to be kidding me!!! We had waited to put all that in to make sure we beat the frost - I mean - we just planted the day before!!! We had to cover everything last night.
On Sunday - did my usual - and we were celebrating my sister in law's birthday. Had to prepare. Also did some yard work in my Mom's yard too.
Tonight I will actually torture myself and do Amy Bento's ASC III again. Can you believe that I'm such a sucker for this type of punishment???
I have to go - but I'll be back later to finish up.
Shoegal, I bet your house is spotless. And I bet everyone enjoyed the party and the beautiful house they were entertained in. Great workouts by the way.;) Tell me how the hydrangea comes along OK? I bet it grows into a beautiful flowering bush.

Take care everyone, I'll check back later too,

Janie

I'm back - very quickly.

Sharon - welcome aboard - glad you joined us - it is always good to have a new contributor to our group. I am looking forward to your posts.

Janie - Franco Sarto is a good shoe - frankly, Janie - any shoe that you find comfortable and you feel great in and like the look - then, good shoe. So enjoy them!! I'll let you know how my hydrangea does - I really hope it does well. Your garden sounds way more substantial than mine but it also sounds wonderful.

Laura - OMG - BOOT CAMP!! LOVE boot camp. Good job with it One of my favorites for sure. I would really love it if Cathe would make up another one of those. Congrats on that hostess comment!!! That would motivate me for sure. Your class size is definitely an indication that you have a reputation of being a good instructor - that is really great.:)

Michelle - how was your mixer? That sounded like fun. My DH talks fondly of his marina days - he said he had a whole group of friends he hung out with regularly. The only reason I stick with Amy's workout is that I know it will pay off - once I learn it - it really is a blast. But you are right - very frustrating right now. Big Woof to Ripken too!!

Shadowpup - Thanks for giving us a heads up - Glad to have you back. You do have such an intense schedule - it would wreck havoc on my exercise for sure. I admire you for keeping it up. I am also very inpressed that you listen to your body - I have to say that I am guilty for not doing that from time to time and I regret it. So I'm definitely going to protect myself from now on.

Ironlady - let us know how you are doing out there!!

Do hope everyone has a great day.

well it is Monday again! How did that happen????

So I got my MTN Bike out for the first time this year, much later than last year, that big snow really did us in for awhile. I took a ride with a friend in Boulder, very laid back. It was fun though and a good, casual reintroduction to the equipment. I forgot the watch part of my heart monitor so I don't know how many calories I burnt. Placing it as a 'joy' ride although my heart rate did go up there a few times and I had a light sweat going.

I taught my two classes tonight. I had a good turn out again, I think people are realizing summer is here and doing that last minute sprint to lose a few winter pounds. :eek::eek:

Shoegal: nice to hear from you again! I wish you could come over and help me clean my house!:eek: It is amazing you could clean all day and muster up for such a late night workout! I don't think I could do that. You guys are always motivating me to find ways to fit it in! NO EXCUSES! I hope your plants made it through the night.

Janie: You are making me want to do 4DS again! It is fun and gets it all done in an hour! That leaves you plenty of time to Garden Max to your hearts content! So are you done with STS?

Hi to Michelle, Ironlady, Shadowpup, Sharon and any other old or new friends out there!

I'm back - very quickly.
Janie - Franco Sarto is a good shoe - frankly, Janie - any shoe that you find comfortable and you feel great in and like the look - then, good shoe. So enjoy them!! I'll let you know how my hydrangea does - I really hope it does well. Your garden sounds way more substantial than mine but it also sounds wonderful.
True, but did I get a great deal as well? I looked them up on the internet and most of there shoes cost from $80 to almost $100. I love finding bargains like that. I will enjoy, but only on special occasions since I've retired. Hmmm, wonder if I could garden in them? It will keep my calves in shape don't you think?:rolleyes: LOL!;)

So I got my MTN Bike out for the first time this year, much later than last year, that big snow really did us in for awhile. I took a ride with a friend in Boulder, very laid back. It was fun though and a good, casual reintroduction to the equipment. I forgot the watch part of my heart monitor so I don't know how many calories I burnt. Placing it as a 'joy' ride although my heart rate did go up there a few times and I had a light sweat going.
I taught my two classes tonight. I had a good turn out again, I think people are realizing summer is here and doing that last minute sprint to lose a few winter pounds. :eek::eek:
Janie: You are making me want to do 4DS again! It is fun and gets it all done in an hour! That leaves you plenty of time to Garden Max to your hearts content! So are you done with STS?
Hi to Michelle, Ironlady, Shadowpup, Sharon and any other old or new friends out there!

Laura, Mtn biking. Oh, how fun! I bet you have the most spectacular views. I want to come see you and enjoy the views too.;) From 1-10 how much do you think you excerted yourselve? Then times that by how long you went and you should get a ball park figure on how many calories you burned. The next time you go for a hike or bike ride, will you do that for me to see if that works out about the same? I don't remember where I got this info from, but now wondering if it really works. Let me know. Oh, I just love the 4DS's. Can't go wrong at all when time is a constraint, or just doing it for that matter. Joe and I didn't do yet Meso 3. He is traveling to Arizona to visit our doctor son then to Utah to visit our houseboat. He won't be home until around the 17/18 of June. When he gets home we'll continue with Meso 3. I can't go at this time of year because of the garden. This Fall is the time we'll be going out together to many places. Things to look forward to.

I also want to give a shout to everyone else out there who follows this post.

Today is my rest day, will go into the hot tub then shopping a little for fresh vegies, at least until ours come up.

Janie

Check in Tuesday

Last night - as I said - I did Amy's ASC III yet again. Did combos 1 & 2 pretty well - almost perfect. Combo 1 was sort of boring me a little bit. Yes - I know - I bore easily. I just thought - I got it, I got it - move on. Then I moved on to combo #3 - I actually got most of that the 1st time through if you can believe it. I then tried to follow combo 4 and she was all over the place again and I was thinking - I wonder if I'll ever get that combo. I don't want to spend all this time complaining about it but you guys are the only ones who would understand. I'm certainly beating a dead horse here - but it is just amazing to me how the choreography doesn't seem to make sense. Sometimes it's as if she doesn't use up all the time left in the combo and you sort of just hang out for a couple seconds waiting for the music to catch up because you've used up all the moves. Then - some of the choreography isn't put together well - it isn't like - we do this to get to here and we do this to get to there - it more as if we do a whole bunch of complicated steps thrown together to get to nowhere. Putting all of that negativity aside - I actually can't wait to master this.

Janie - I thought that was an excellent price for shoes. Yes - do a little gardening in them. One time I put on these heels while I was wearing a bathrobe to iron my clothes for the day. My DH strode by and said - "What's with the shoes?" They just made me feel good and I liked the look of them so I stuck them on. One of my little idiosyncracies.

Laura - I have a hybrid mountain bike - a schwinn - I love it - but I haven't been riding in awhile. I have to admit that I have NEVER known what I was doing regarding the gears. I just never bothered to figure it all out - I usually just haphazardly pull the levers down and up to see what it did. Sounded lovely though - watching the scenery go by.

Hope everyone else out there is having a great day - tell us what you are up to!!

Where is everyone? Working out I hope! May is always such a busy month! We have event after event after engagement this month it seems. Maybe that is true for everyone else?

So today was my Morning Pilates class we did Magic Circle which is fun. Than I took another bike ride, a more serious one than yesterday, I went for an hour and a half. I actually went further than I ever did last year, so I am definitely in better shape now than I was at the end of last summer! Thanks Cathe!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I had PUB on the calendar and I am such a type A personality that it is driving me crazy that I am not going to do it today! Silly of me I know! But seriously got to get somethings around the house done today.

Shoegal: break out that Schwinn Riding is so much fun it doesn't even seem like exercise! The gears are key though! Each bike is different so can't give you technical advise however when you are going up hill you want less resistance and when you are going down you want more. While riding flat you want to be somewhere in the middle so you have enough resistance to power your stroke with out burning out your quads!

Janey is it nice to have some alone time? I find breaks to be good with my DH. I like to miss him it makes me appreciate him so much more when he comes back! Is your boat house on Lake Powell? It is so beautiful there. I lived in AZ for 3 years up in Prescott. I loved it but it was much to hot and dry for me after awhile. It is a beautiful state though and I love to visit...

I took a break for a few days from exercise. My schedule was just not supporting my normal morning exercise routine, so I just decided to hang loose and not fret. Back in the swing this morning: did Step Jam and ab routine #1 (from MIS) on ab hits. I also have a new rule: whenever I walk into our out of my office at home I have to attempt to do at least one chinup on my irongym bar (it's hanging in the doorway of my office). This morning I shocked myself: I was able to do one chinup. I wouldn't say my form is perfect but I'm getting there. :)

The Marina Mixer was very nice Saturday night. The weather stayed warm and breezy and we had a really good turnout. Sunday, it rained off an on most of the day which hopefully got most of the tree pollen out of the air.

Shadowpup: I'm still in awe of your ability to hang with your workouts with all the traveling that you do.

Laura: PUB is on my list for tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up if you miss a day here or there. Sometimes I think the breaks are more beneficial than we realize.

Shoegal: good for you sticking with Amy's ASC III. Sounds like you are just about to the point where you are enjoying it (maybe).

I don't know where the weeks go anymore. I have another paper that I am finishing up this month and fortunately everything is started to jell. Funny how that always seems to happy at the end of a project (thank goodness). Looking forward to this weekend. The Blue Angels are doing an air show at Patuxent Naval Air Station (right across the river from Solomons) this weekend. They haven't been to Pax River in about 10 years. They are always entertaining. Hoping to sand and refinish the little bit of teak trim on the boat over the weekend--the weather has to cooperate.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
~michelle

Last night - as I said - I did Amy's ASC III yet again. Did combos 1 & 2 pretty well - almost perfect. Combo 1 was sort of boring me a little bit. Yes - I know - I bore easily. I just thought - I got it, I got it - move on. Then I moved on to combo #3 - I actually got most of that the 1st time through if you can believe it. I then tried to follow combo 4 and she was all over the place again and I was thinking - I wonder if I'll ever get that combo. I don't want to spend all this time complaining about it but you guys are the only ones who would understand. I'm certainly beating a dead horse here - but it is just amazing to me how the choreography doesn't seem to make sense. Sometimes it's as if she doesn't use up all the time left in the combo and you sort of just hang out for a couple seconds waiting for the music to catch up because you've used up all the moves. Then - some of the choreography isn't put together well - it isn't like - we do this to get to here and we do this to get to there - it more as if we do a whole bunch of complicated steps thrown together to get to nowhere. Putting all of that negativity aside - I actually can't wait to master this.
Shoegal, Amy is that way. I think their is only a couple workouts that she cues well in. Why she does this I don't know.:confused: She could have such great DVD's if she would cue better. Having said that, once you can get her stuff down, she is great and the workouts are challenging. For people like us who have so many workouts, it's rough because by the time we get back to that particular DVD, we've forgotten, but for people who only have a few DVD's then it would be OK, once they learn the steps. Did that make sense?:confused:

So today was my Morning Pilates class we did Magic Circle which is fun. Than I took another bike ride, a more serious one than yesterday, I went for an hour and a half. I actually went further than I ever did last year, so I am definitely in better shape now than I was at the end of last summer! Thanks Cathe!!!:eek::eek::eek:
I had PUB on the calendar and I am such a type A personality that it is driving me crazy that I am not going to do it today! Silly of me I know! But seriously got to get somethings around the house done today.
Janey is it nice to have some alone time? I find breaks to be good with my DH. I like to miss him it makes me appreciate him so much more when he comes back! Is your boat house on Lake Powell? It is so beautiful there. I lived in AZ for 3 years up in Prescott. I loved it but it was much to hot and dry for me after awhile. It is a beautiful state though and I love to visit...
Laura, Sounds like you enjoyed your bike ride. Congratulations on going further this year. That's awesome!:) Life takes first priority over other things. Do what you need to do, then workout when you can. It's OK. I do like my alone time. I get to throw things out when he's not looking:rolleyes:, take things to the 2nd hand store, watch movies that I wouldn't with him around (chick flicks as they say), visit with people I haven't seen for awhile...I'm looking forward to it. And yes, I will miss him, my Joey, especially towards the end of his trip. By then I'm past missing him and desperately want him home. Our houseboat is on Lake Powell, a very small town called Hanksville. We have a time there. This Fall I'm looking forward to fishing, hiking, and finding petrified dinosaur bones, agate, petrified wood, fossils...We've been exploring Utah for years and found some incredible places/things, especially when the water was high. In some areas you could only get there by boat. Now you can't get to the places we once visited because the water is so low. But, we do have memories and pictures where we have been. Great times, and more to come this Fall. Like you said though, it's nice to visit and can come back anytime we want. It is hot and dry.

I took a break for a few days from exercise. My schedule was just not supporting my normal morning exercise routine, so I just decided to hang loose and not fret. Back in the swing this morning: did Step Jam and ab routine #1 (from MIS) on ab hits. I also have a new rule: whenever I walk into our out of my office at home I have to attempt to do at least one chinup on my irongym bar (it's hanging in the doorway of my office). This morning I shocked myself: I was able to do one chinup. I wouldn't say my form is perfect but I'm getting there. :)
The Marina Mixer was very nice Saturday night. The weather stayed warm and breezy and we had a really good turnout. Sunday, it rained off an on most of the day which hopefully got most of the tree pollen out of the air.
I don't know where the weeks go anymore. I have another paper that I am finishing up this month and fortunately everything is started to jell. Funny how that always seems to happy at the end of a project (thank goodness). Looking forward to this weekend. The Blue Angels are doing an air show at Patuxent Naval Air Station (right across the river from Solomons) this weekend. They haven't been to Pax River in about 10 years. They are always entertaining. Hoping to sand and refinish the little bit of teak trim on the boat over the weekend--the weather has to cooperate.~michelle
Michelle, We all need a break sometimes just to catch our breaths and a rest for our over exercised bodies. I love Step Jam and love your new rule on chin ups. Good for you, that's a great idea. Congratulations on mastering a chin up by the way. It is not an easy task. I still need to do one. Jeesh.:rolleyes: Glad the Marine Mixer was fun. The Blue Angels come to our area every now and then too. I love watching them, they are an incredeble sight with all they do with jets. Wow!:eek:

Today is 4DS Biceps and Triceps and I think a Kick box cardio. Anyway I should get off the computer and get ready for it.

See you all later, I'll check back in after our workout and some gardening.

Sharon, where are you? Come back!

Janie

Check in Wednesday

Last night my good friend had my sisters and Mom over for dinner - so I ate more than I would normally - and had some wine. Yes I know!!! This was after I told myself to be very careful. I marvel at my brother's will power - on Sunday - he announced he was on a diet & was given a plate of food - ate as much as he felt he was able to have - then got rid of the rest. Me - I would have eaten everything. So since I was at that dinner - I did not go home (home is an hour away) and just stayed over her house. And - even worse - I did not exercise. I was glad I went - since she will be out of town for an extended period of time working - but really, am not glad I missed a workout.

Janie - yes - we have to account for life getting in the way of our workout schedules - still bums me out though. I racked my brain to figure out how to fit in the workout - and couldn't come up with anything. I too like a little time away from DH.

MIchelle - I like your idea to just try the chin up everytime you pass by - you know - with the push ups - I sort of just resolved myself to the fact that it wasn't happening - and everytime there were push ups in a workout - I wouldn't even attempt them on my toes. I'm thinking now - well - how did I ever expect that one day I'd be able to do any if I never tried one!!!

Laura - I'll come by and help you clean the house -if you come by and teach me how to use the gears on the bike. I'm sorry but I don't know what a "magic circle" is. - Everyone else seems to - I must be out of it.

I'll see everyone later - I'm running home now -since I' haven't been ther
-

Hi ladies!

Welcome back Michelle: sounds like the Marina Mixer was fun!:) I can't believe you did a pull-up! I tried a few last week to see where I was at but don't have one yet. I think if I lost weight maybe I could pull myself up:confused:LOL!

Janie: Lake Powell is magical. I have done some rafting trips that end at the lake and it is such an intense and amazing place. I was just telling some friends that it would be fun to rent a houseboat there for 4 days or so. The kids would love it. My girls are red-heads so we are careful about the sun, but I do so love the water.....

Shoegal: don't fret the workout and food you are so consistent 99% of the time and that what matters {easier for me to say than do myself LOL}

Today was my hike day in Boulder and it was a glorious spring day, it was hot actually it was suppossed to be in the 80's but felt more like high 70's with the light breeze. I hiked for 2 hours with a good friend it was marvelous and didn't really feel like exercise but burnt close to a 1.000 calories. Gotta love it!

I am finding that I walk in and out of my home office alot. My new rule is wearing me out. But it's all good. Shoegal--don't give up on the toe pushups. Try to do just one and then go to the knee push-ups. You WILL get there!

This morning I did PUB. Since I took a little break, I know I'll be feeling it tomorrow. Got to hurry off to Quantico, I'll try to get back for personals later today.
~michelle

Okay--it's lunchtime and reading the Forums is becoming my favorite lunchtime activity (next to eating).

Laura: I think I have Janie or Shadowpup to thank for the encouragement on tackling a chin up. And I want to thank them and in turn encourage everyone else to tackle that one thing that you've just never be able to do. Now, I want to make that one chin-up to be done in perfect form. I do alot of hanging on the bar or pulling up part way. I'm just determined not to be discouraged but encouraged to keep working.

Shoegal: it's nice that you make time with your family and friends a priority. Sometimes I'm too much of a workaholic and I like to spend my spare time with just Joe and Ripken. Do some extra ab work today after your cardio or weight workout and you can feel like you put in a little extra to make up for the dinner.

Janie: my sister has been doing the 4DS routines the past couple of weeks. She really likes them. I've only done LIS from 4DS. Need to add that dvd to my "need to learn" list.

Sharon: if you are lurking, please drop us a line. We'd love to get to know you.

~michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.