Lifting like girls

Disc 39, squat rack today. Had to stay light on squats and subbed gob squats and sumo squats with a power block for front squats. I added 1 x 50 barbell calf raises at the end of the w/o. R knee still isn't right, but trying to work thru it...probably old age...old bodies are fragile bodies! Everything on this workout is sets of 8 and I love that, wish I could go heavier on squats but just doesn't feel like a good idea. I did bump the deads up to 225# and the back was fine, good news there! Have a happy hump day my friends!

Bench, bike and belly day!! 10 sets of bench, 5 miles on the bike and 9 sets of abs. Tomorrow is back and bi. Karen, I think our bodies know best and the stuff you are doing is body brutal! Ya probably need a rest break. Lisa, all moved in?? Hope the hard work is over. Be good ladies!

A good mix of needed rest and hard work for my two Commando friends. You are both welcome to come workout in my new digs anytime. It would be my privilege to sweat with my favorite ironheads. :)

Oh my, nowhere near moved in. Geez we have so much crap. Lol. The fence people will be here all day today and the shutters people are putting up our shutters all day, so objective #1 is to keep my 2 year old Diva away from the dangerous materials. Between her and the baby and the 5 year old and all the commotion, forget about unpacking. At least I am still working out. Yesterday was legs. Today was HiiT cardio and core.

Keep on keeping on!

Lisa, what's your address...gonna put it on navi..lol! Today was disc 24, back and bi and the end of meso 2! Nice w/ o, loved it but deads in sets of 12 are tough! I stayed at 225 and did 12, 10, 10 alternating between conventional and sumo. Also the pull ups are tougher at 193 than at 165 or or 170 but I'll take it. I managed 12, 10, but did the last set overhand wide and only got 5! Felt like I fried everything and I think that's what it's about!! I will lift Monday and Tuesday, but we have the 2 oldest grandsons and are taking them ( and us) to South Carolina to my nephews lake house for a family thing Wed. I will be back the next Tuesday and will start meso 3. I will use that week as a rest week ( unless I find some weights) and probably it will do me some good. Gonna try to slip in some bike and belly tomorrow, have a 150 year celebration at my hometown college in Neb and will have to leave about 9 on Sat to make it. I have an old high school/ college friend who drags me to everything that pertains to our youth lol! Make today and the weekend your ......servant??? You know what I mean! Lisa, glad at least you are in...sounds like the the new room is terrific! Karen, I think we need a road trip to kick this Mark guys a$$, but if he is doing what you are doing, we may need reinforcements! Go fer it Commandos!!

No kidding, he does need an ass kicking. When I finished this morning workout, I had to lie on the floor for 10 minutes, until I got my vision back.
7 rounds of hip-up to double push-up
Prisoner squats with a hop
Side reaching body rocks
One leg RDLs with a twist.
When my vision returned, I mowed the lawn. For some reason I had quite a bit of energy. Now that I have finished, I'm going to lie down and read a book. Im tired, and I hope the feeling returns to my legs. Like Roseanne Rosannadanna so eloquently stated, "It's Always Something."
Nice work on Meso 2, Tom. You aced it, and then some. Have fun in SC. I have a good friend in SC. I go to visit Charleston, it's just beautiful, but the humidity kills me. Have fun at the college thing. I go to those, and everyone else has aged, except for me. Most likely not. Be safe.
Great workouts, Lisa. I would like to buy a weeks pass at your gym. Better than any commercial gym, I am pretty sure.
Yesterday the workout was:
Iron Mikes 6 reps 3 each side
Wide Tripod Push-ups 6/3
One leg RDLs w/twist 8/4
Let me ups legs elevated 6
A 24 minute circuit. I got 10 sets
That's about it friends! Later!
Yes Tom! We do need to kick some Mark A$$. I am willing to let you lead us in the fray. Don't worry, Lisa and I have your back. We may want to re-think this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, a very very Happy Father's Day to you, Tom. The world needs dad's like you, Karen's DH, and my DH. Karen, hope you get some great family time today and that your DH is actually in town, not on a business trip!

Hell no am I joining you both in your revenge on Mr Mark. I am a scaredy cat. No match for him, unlike you two! ;)

Tom, way to go with your STS progress. Will you be doing Squat Rack for legs again? Those plyometric legs routines would definitely be some cardio (she chants "do plyo, do plyo, do plyo" to your subconscious. ) lol

Karen, yeah, that Mark stuff. 'Nuff said

I am still working out. Friday was UB, yesterday was LB + HiiT. Still unpacking, no end in sight. It's hard to find just the right spot for everything. It's a process but definitely nothing to lose perspective over...so I keep trying to tell myself!

Back and bi day. 4x8 pull ups / chin ups, 3x8 pullovers, 2x8 1x10 dumbbell rows, 4x8 ez curls, 3x8 1x10 hammer curls and 3x8 conc curls. Off to rehabilitate! Have a great Monday friends ( if that is even possible) Thanks for the Dad's Day wishes ladies, it was great! Took the kids fishing and we caught a bunch...crappie, bass and a good sized channel cat. They live in FL, so fishing without looking for gators was fun! Do it right friends!!

Eek, Tom! Gators, really? Well it is Florida. Glad you had a great day and weren't a reptile's lunch! Nice workout today!

Karen. How are you?

Today I did Long and Strong Legs Live. Can't remember the date but I have done this one many times. It's a goodie. Happy Monday to all!

Hey Commandos! I hit it this morning but didn't have time to post. Kinda a last chance workout 7 sets bench, 3 sets inclined bench, 1 set incline fly, 6 sets pushdowns and 3 sets kickbacks. I went heavy and it felt good! Off tomorrow for SC with 2 grandkids and DW...listening to cartoons all the way (help me!!) Have a great finish to the week and weekend ....Ill be watching and envious!

Commando friends, I need to catch up. Yesterday was:
Scorpion over kicks
One leg RDLs w/twist
Skydivers arms at Y
Full Saxon back lunge
40 seconds effort, 20 seconds rest, 6 circuits. Skydivers are quickly becoming my least favorite move, ever! Quickly overtaking burpees!
Today was:
Hip up to double push-up
Iron mikes
Let me ups legs elevated
One leg RdLs with a twist.
6 circuits, 45 seconds effort, 15 seconds rest.
I'm really liking this challenge. Some days are harder than others, but we can do anything for 35 minutes right?
Cartoons Tom? I loved cartoons as a kid. That's when they were actually funny. Bugs Bunny. All that stuff!
Cardio Core, Lisa? Cathe' Cardio Core is a doozy
Good job, guys! More tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most recent Live for me today, called Metabolic Meltdown. Fun! No dread factor, will definitely return to this one again.

Karen, so in awe of your efforts. Note to self: never ever do skydivers!

Tom, it may be random but you are still moving those muscles on vacation in true Commando fashion. And as far as the cartoons go, take it from me...listening to cartoons going in the backseat of the car is wayyyyy better than listening to whining and fighting in the backseat of the car! I will take any stupid cartoon over those other sounds anyday! Have fun on your continuing adventures

Kudos, Tom. You really should be proud for making it happen on vacation! Lol, Now I can sleep tonight. I totally get that

Karen, hey girl!

Today was UB weights. 10 reps of supersets, tried to go heavy with exception of watching out for my left rotator cuff. It's been bugging me for a little while. This has happened before and it goes away with TLC. Stupid shoulder muscles and the trouble they cause us, lol!

Hey guys!!! Today was a doozy!!!
Prisoner Squats with a Jump 15
Starfish to bouncing push-ups 10/5
Full Saxon Back Lunge 10/5
Scorpion overkicks 10/5
How many circuits in 24 minutes? This had me sucking air like I was dying. So glad when the buzzer went off.
Sorry to hear about your rotator cuff, Lisa. There was a time I had a wonky RC. Finally healed. Looks like you
got a workout as well. Supersets!! Nice!
Tom, I need a list of your hotels. The hotels that have nice equipment, are always busy, and the hotels that have
nothing but three 2 lb dumbbells, and a mouse in the gym, are a thanks, but, no thanks.
Keep up the great work, Commando friends. You make me smile!

Today was another doozy. If this workout included skydivers, it would have been over the top. Another windsucking workout.
Iron Mikes 20
Scorpion Overkicks 10/5
Let me ups, feet elevated10
Hip up to double pushup 10/5
Seven circuits, timed. Took 33 minutes. I had to stop to breathe.
The good new is: this program has increased my flexibility like no other. I can now sit on the floor with legs open in a V, lean forward and rest my chest on the floor. This is a first for me.
Now that I know what is coming in the next workout, it has a bit of a dread factor. But, I will never quit. Too many gains to quit now. Great program, highly recommend, but it is getting more difficult every workout.
Tom, hope you are enjoying your time away! Stay safe!
Lisa, I know you are enjoying your new home. All but the unpacking part. The last time we moved, we moved boxes that we hadn't unpacked from the previous move. Lots of trips to Goodwill and DI.
Have a great weekend, friends!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.