Lifting like girls

The good new is: this program has increased my flexibility like no other. I can now sit on the floor with legs open in a V, lean forward and rest my chest on the floor. This is a first for me.

Wow, Karen! What an achievement! Congratulations to you. You'd better damn well feel proud of yourself!

Yep, sooooo much trashing and purging and donating of "stuff" that we're like, "why do we even own that?" lol

Tom, hope you're doing well. Having fun on your getaway.

Yesterday was a total body KCM DVD, 30 Mins to Fitness Weights. Did both 30 mins, of course.

Have a great rest of the weekend and a good start to your week tomorrow! Can't believe 4th of July is just about 10 days away.

Okay, still totally marvelling at Karen's awesomeness. ..

Moving on, today was a brand new Coffee Fit Raw from YouTube, called "888". I thought it was a typo at first, lol, but it is 8 rounds of 8 exercises at 8 reps each. It was cardio/metabolic. Good for a Monday when I had zero motivation. My DH and I are burning the candles at each end, staying up late because we can only ever get unpacking done when the kids are asleep, and waking up early because, well, life...kids, job, workout, repeat repeat repeat. I need a vacation!

Have a great Monday!

I made it home early this evening and hit the basement for disc 25 chest and back. It was hard but good! I finished all sets of 8 and even extended some to sets to 10-12. I feel I went heavy on everything, but the most tiring was 4x8 deads, I used 255 and felt every pound! I'm shot but love it! Felt good to get back at it after several day of nothing. Karen, the chest on the floor thing....WOW, I couldn't do that when I was 6!!! Lisa, great job getting workouts in despite all you have going on...great work! You continue to inspire friends!

Hi guys!!
I'm taking a week off work. I have been busy scooping out my house, and getting some yard work done. Yesterday was an "Eval" Mark day. I'm at level 3 so no evaluation for me.
Workout included:
Side Reaching Bodyrocks
Let Me Ups -Legs Elevated
Iron Mikes
Wide Tripod Push-Ups
Six sets, 30 seconds effort, 30 seconds rest. I probably should describe some of these exercises.
1. Bodyrocks with side reach is: forearm plank, rock forward and back on your toes, while reaching to the side with one arm then the other.
2. Let me ups legs elevated lie on your back, under a bar, legs elevated on a chair, pull-ups with palms toward your face.
3. Iron Mikes- jumping lunges with arms in the prisoner position. Switching legs every jump.
4. Wide Tripod push-ups. Wide arms push-ups, lifting one leg with every push-up. Foot flexed. Pushing heel toward the back wall. I'm kinda dragging arse this morning, so haven't done anything yet. Will post later today. Have a great day, guys. Welcome back, Tom! Lisa, I really like KCM raw workouts. Later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen, the body rock planks sound fun. I like those types of moves. Those jumping prisoner squats, on the other hand, no thanks Iron Mike whoever you are! Yay for your staycation. Hope you get a good mix of fun and productivity.

Tom, welcome back to real life. Hope you feel rested and rejuvenated, as much as possible after a week with the grandchildren lol! Good job fitting in your iron session last night

Today was leg day and I came, saw, conquered. Still letting our workout floor "cure " per installers instructions so limited equipment but made it happen! I did KCM Coffey Fit Raw Legs and Kettle bells plus a Fitness Blender Butt Builder workout. A good solid hour with a glorious stretch at the end. Have a great day my buddies

Good Morning Commandos! Leg day for me, but not sts, just made one up. Db squats x10 using 40's 50's 60's and 70's, reverse lunges 40's 3x10, sumo squats 90 3x12, dumbbell calf raises 90's x25 25 20 and unweighted single calf raises 3x25. I hadn't done bi's in awhile sooooo I did 4 sets of ez bar curls, 2 sets dumbbell curls and 2 sets of hammer curls. I didn't make cardio day yesterday, felt sleep was indicated BUT, tomorrow will be cardio and abs....promise! You guys are killing it, keep up the good work!

Good morning guys!
Yesterday was day 58 workout OPUS. I was still feeling the effects of my lawn mowing and yard work from Monday. So this workout looked harmless, but after the first round, I was dying.
Scorpion Over Kicks
Prisoner Squats with Hop
Wide Tripod Push-Ups
Skydivers Arms at Y
45 seconds effort, 15 seconds rest. 6 rounds.
This whole program is heavy with Push-Ups, and I could pop out 50 at a time, when I first started. Now, it seems like push-ups are in every workout, and I barely get through 20. That's with all the veins in my head and shoulders popping. Shoulders are in a constant state of fatigue. It only gets heavier with push-ups. Yikes.
Today is a day off. I think I will do one of Cathe's extended stretch DVDs. That's about it for me. I am getting a bunch of stuff done around the house. Keep thinking how nice it would be to stay home. So, I think I'm going to do it. Just can't decide if it will be in October, or wait until next Spring. But, I am enjoying my time.
Have a GREAT day!!!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I wanted to give an update, and let you know once this sciatic nerve pain is gone, I will be requesting super light workout ideas.

Yes, he got it all in the colon. It turned out the tumor was the size of a baseball, no joke. It had breached the colon wall, and affected 3 of the 12 nodes the surgeon removed. It also affected my appendix, which is why I was in so much pain. Unfortunately we have sense found out that it had already spread to my lungs, two tumors in the right lung, and one on the left. One of the tumors had grown so much that it's restricting a vein to the lung. This explains why it seems difficult to breathe sometimes.

Because it spread, this means stage four, and they told me I should have 2-3 years. My oldest told me that I have to wait 6, so he can buy me a beer. My youngest said that I have to wait 8, so he can tell me he's not going to buy me a beer. Lol

The doc is not letting me return to teaching in the Fall, doesn't want me to risk catching anything, and the university is a Petri dish.

I have been having extreme pain with my sciatic nerve. The oncologist referred me to the pain clinic, and they gave me a lumbar steroid today. It took the pain level from 10 down to almost 7 within a half hour. I can walk again without the shooting pain, so I am going to incorporate some stretching, and as it heals, start some strength exercises.

I have lost 60 lbs. Quite a bit of that has been within the last month to month and half. I have lost a lot of muscle. Doc wants to send me to physical therapy, but I don't have insurance. So, I'm going to show him I can do this on my own.

Other than the nerve issue, I am doing alright. I am looking forward to being able to take walks with my your nest again. I did figure out that I can kayak, as long as I don't tip. LMAO. So, lake kayaking it is ;)

As for the exercising, I'm using 3 lbs, 3 sets of 8 (it's a lot anymore) for biceps, some shoulder moves, and triceps.
I'm using the band to push my feet against, I am up to 20 each side before the nerve spasms.
I have all the fit tower workouts, so once I can, I was thinking use the beginner one for strength, and a stretching one at least 3 times a week. Walking, of course, with my son. I don't think I need to do cardio yet, or that it would even be a good idea to try until my strength is up more. Any other suggestions?

Have a great week.

I guess I will post today but it seems rather superficial. Today I did bench, abs and cardio. 12 sets of bench, and feel like it was a great add on to Monday's sts. Next crunches 3x50, seated knee ins 3x25 and side planks x 1.5 min 1 min and 45 sec. I finished with 5 mile airdyne. Hope Thursday is good for all!

Lib, you have been through so much. My heart aches for you and your two boys. I wish I could help somehow. I think your ideas of keeping your body moving are great. No need for high intensity HiiT. Seems like the Fit Tower could be a good resource. You might check out YouTube. Search for light weight workouts, yoga, indoor walking workouts, barre workouts. What ever you desire and it's all free! Damn, stupid insurance, sorry it won't cover your physical therapy. Take care of yourself.

Karen, are you really going to retire? That's so exciting for you! And yet, I feel VERY confident that retirement for you will not equal slowing down! I'm wondering if your decreases pushup count is not just the general fatigue but because you are going lower in your ROM. Maybe? Just a thought.

Tom, legs yesterday and cardio conquered today. Woot woot!

I did a 6.2 mile treadmill walk yesterday cuz I just wanted to. Today was a Cathe Live Total Body weights.

Happy Thursday!

Whew! Disc 27 down. This is a great shoulder and arm workout. I had water in basement from tons of rain, but was dry where I was...mostly, but even if it wasn't I was willing to wear boots if needed! I was at least in triple digits on all sets of ez bar curls and strict press and that felt good, first time in awhile I have on curls since the tendonitis issues. I finished all sets for the day and even added reps on many. I did sub some excercises for others...like double kickbacks for overhead extensions since I can't get my elbows past 90 degrees, and alternate powerblock curls to avoid getting the ball out lol! Have a terrific weekend friends!

Cardio and ab day here. 5 miles on the bike and 15 sets of abs. A circuit of crunches 3 x 50, seated knee ins 3 x 25 and side planks x 1.5 min x 1 min x 1 min and I finished with cable crunches x 25 x 20 x 20. Hope everyone is having a good Fourth weekend.

Well , its official...I'm slow! I did sts mes 3 week 2 chest and back, and it took me 95 min!! It says 61 min, but I guess I just need more rest than the "young uns"! I love the 7 rep sets, but I was pooped after the w/o! I went heavy on everything and finished all sets EXCEPT on deads, I dropped to sets of 5. It just felt like if I did longer sets something bad would happen. I did sets of 8 on most of the accessory lifts, and sets of 7 on the heavy stuff, bench, inclined bench but only 5 reps on deads...sure seemed like plenty! Hope my Commando friends are doing well!

Hey everybody! I'm trying something new. I'm getting tired (literally) of getting up at 4:30 am to work out. These workouts are kicking my butt, and my butt is about a half inch off the floor when I get to work. Sooooo.......while I was basking in the pleasure of not going to work last week, I worked out in the afternoon. I was sleeping so much better. But, then again, it could be that I wasn't getting up at O dark thirty. I've decided to try working out after work, the last 30 days of this challenge. Yesterday was one of those butt kickers, and last night I slept like a baby. Until the dogs wanted to be fed at....... you guessed it, O dark thirty. Yesterday was a difficult one. Any day with Skydivers, is a difficult one.
1. Scorpion Over Kicks
2. One leg RDLs, with a twist
3. Skydivers, arms at Y
4. Full Saxon Back Lunge.
40 seconds effort, 20 seconds rest, for 6 sets. So 24 minutes. Sometimes, it's such a struggle, that I lose count, is this 5 or 6? Just hope it works out in the end.
Today to celebrate the holiday, I think I will go on a shopping spree. I'm sure the Founding Fathers would approve of my capitalism.
Have a safe, great holiday, guys!!!! Talk to you tomorrow.

Hang in there, Lib!!! DH and I are sending healing vibes your way!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.