Lifting like girls

I did do disc 16, I counted 435 reps...who does that?? I looked back at last time and allsets were heavier this time! Good to see says the ole coot! My bench setems were 20# heavier and tricep work much heavier. Only dissapoint was standing press, I did go 10# heavier but thought I would blow that one out of the water. I think when I stopped overhead standing stuff due to back it showed! Also tougher after all the inclines and bench and flys....but still heavier and that stuff preceded it last time as well. All in all, glad for the progress. I know this seems unimportant compared to Lib's situation and Karen's friend and wasn't going to even post but I did do it and so thankful to be healthy enough to. My wish is that Lib and Karen's friend will soon be able to do what they love as well!

This morning I did hit snooze but decided to get up and try. It was another one of THOSE night, almost no sleep until about alarm time ....sucks!! I only did 5 miles on the bike and for abs I did crunches x 30/ hanging knee raises x8/ cable crunches x20/ side planks x 1min and did this twice. I feel less guilty that I did do something and hopefully tonight will be better! Have a great Tuesday all!

Mark Lauren yesterday and this morning. Different workouts with a different timing. These are becoming killer. Four days a week now, Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday. Short but very intense. So far, I'm loving it. I know what's coming, so there is a little bit of apprehension, I won't call it dread, they're only 30 minutes. We can do anything for 30 minutes, right?
Carrie Rezaback Dorr (Pure Barre) is moving to streaming, so she was selling her DVDs for about $5. I was late to the party, so most of the good ones were gone. I did pick up three. On occasion I use barre to get that last bit of burn, on leg day.
I have found that if I listen to a book on CD, just before I go to sleep, I get to sleep easier. I have to turn off the TV at least an hour before I go to sleep. TV stimulates my brain too much, and I find it harder to sleep. Listen to a good book, Tom. It's like listening to a bedtime story. We all know how that worked, or works on our kids, Right?
Have a great week, better yet, make it great!

Karen, I know what you mean about apprehension but not dread. I feel that way during STS rotations sometimes (sorry Tom, lol!). I enjoy the workouts but there is a bit of "pressure" knowing what you're in for! Nice job with the 4 days/week. How many weeks left of this Lauren program? I probably sound like a broken record, but there is a lot of good Pilates and barre type stuff on YouTube. It takes time to find the right channels--not everyone is good and some people who post videos are downright bad/dangerous with their form--but once you find the qualified folks, you can get lots of goodies.

Tom, so sorry about the sleep. Karen's advice sounded great. You know what also helps? Reading the Bible. I don't know if you are religious or not, but there are some parts that are just downright confusing and can lull you to sleep. That probably sounds terrible of me but we already knew I wasn't destined for Heaven, didn't we? ;)

Today was YouTube mish mosh. I started with a 5 minute Fitness Blender warmup, then did a Shelly Dose 16 minute Tabata Cardio HiiT, then did Kelly Coffey's Coffey Fit Raw You Tube Channel for the first time--her boxing video, which also featured her brother. Super fun. Love Kelly Coffey Meyer and so excited she's hopped on the YouTube train.

Yep, like Karen said, make the day great!

Disc 17 down. Hard for me to get up for leg day but I did make it! Better on the sleep end last night so that helped. Still I am keeping it fairly light for the knee but I still feel that "me rear gear" gets brutalized and hammies get a pretty good workout just not sure I am getting max benefit on the quads. Just doing the best I can and guess it is good enough. Karen, sounds like Mark Lauren is "ratcheting up"! Lisa, I know all about dread factor! Every leg day lol! But these sts workouts are long and while I know they work it is just tough to look forward to them. Make Wed great!!

Tom, you did it! Leg day done. You overcame the dread factor and you gave it what you had to give today. Can't ask for more than that.

Karen, I'm guessing Pilates today?

Today I did another leg day. I seem to be doing 2 leg days per week lately. It's what I want so I'm rolling with it. I combined 2 different YouTube workouts. The first was Fitness Blender Butt & Thigh HiiT (30 mins) and then Kelly Coffey Meyer's "Coffey Raw" YouTube Legs & Kettlebells (25 mins). Like Tom, my legs feel brutalized in the best way possible.

Halfway to the weekend!!!

Just wasn't feeling it this morning. Slept well, just not there. The fact that I am sore everywhere, didn't help. Did half hour of Pilates, and called it a day. Four days of Mark, may be all I can handle, until my body decides that it ain't so bad after all. Even my inner thighs are screaming, I'm lovin' it, inner thighs are a resistant area for me.
Lisa, I gotta check out Kelly Coffey Meyer's YouTube "stuff." Looks too good to miss.
Way to hang in there, Tom, with STS and all. Good onya!
As we said many years ago, "Keep on Truckin!"

Good Morning warriors! Cardio and abs today. I spent 30 minutes on the airdyne (yay me!) and about 30 minutes on abs. I did a circuit for abs, crunches x 50/ seated knee ins x 25/ cable crunches x 25/ 1 min side planks, and did the circuit 3 times. All in all about an hour for this and I kinda liked it! (in a sort of "I hate me" way). Karen, sometimes your body just says enough, I need a rest break! No one questions your dedication "fo sho"! Lisa, you are braver than me with 2 leg days a week, I seem to struggle with one. Way to go friends, y'all are great motivators.

Karen, Nice workout, sounds like you definitely need lighter days mixed between your relentless Mark Lauren program.

Tom, hope you slept OK and are feeling good.

Today I did more YouTube. Shelly Dose core and Kelly Coffey Meyer's Coffey Fit Raw Upper Body Blast--and let me tell you, this was no joke!

Karen, you say "Keep on Truckin'" and I think "I can't drive 55!" Sad thing is that I really am a speed demon on the road but the motto of all the locals here is "let's drive at least 5 under the speed limit. you've got nowhere to go, right?" aaarrrrggghhhh!

Mark Lauren this morning. Number of circuits in 20 minutes. Exercises were:
Zombie Lunges 6 reps (3 each side)
Tripod Push ups 6 reps (3 each side)
One legged RDL arms at T 8 reps (4 each side)
Let Me Ups 6 reps

Twelve circuits in 20 minutes.
Tomorrow will be Mark Lauren and lawn mowing. See you then!

Back and bi day, disc 18 I think, and I got in a good one. I lost my band so I skipped the band stuff. I bumped up the ez curls and barbell rows so that felt good, but by the time I got to the concentration curls I was fried and I about could have been using itsy bitsy pink dumbbells! It took me about 72 minutes total,(just seemed longer!). You all are killin it and, by the way, I CAN drive 55!!(but in a 25 zone). Last December I got stopped for doing 73 in a 55, my first ticket in 44 years, so I guess I CAN'T drive 55! It's Friday friends, enjoy the weekend!

Last December I got stopped for doing 73 in a 55

Tom, I think you and I learned how to drive from the same driving instructor. That is totally my style (except for the whole getting a ticket thing!). First ticket in 44 years isn't too bad. You've been lucky to dodge speed laser guns for so long! Fabulous workout for you today.

Karen, thinking of those Tripod Pushups makes me want to cry!

Today was flat out pure cardio for me. I needed it. Did a 30 min Shelly Dose cardio + abs and a 30 minute intermediate step video from a lady named Kelly Adkison on YouTube. I think she's a YMCA step teacher but her stuff is pretty fun...lots of basic moves, but I love step so I'm easy to please.

Have a great weekend! I probably won't be back until Monday to post. We are in the final stretch of finishing this home build (did I mention we were originally supposed to close on April 28? yeah, welcome to the beginning of June and STILL in the rental house).

Well Tom, three miles more over the speed limit, and you would have to see a judge. At least, here in my city. Don't ask me how I know that!
Today guys, it was more Mark. Six circuits of: Hip up to push up, which is basically a side plank, lifting your hip up and down, then dropping into a pushup. 10, 5 each side. Which of course, would be 10 pushups. Prisoner squats 16 reps. Arm forward body-rocks which is an elbow plank, rocking forward and back on your toes, every time you rock forward, you lift an arm straight, and push it forward. 16, 8 each side. Last, but not least, one leg RDLs, arms at T. 16, 8 each side.
Before Mark, was a lawn mowing marathon. Always a delight. Tomorrow, I think I will check out something on YouTube.
Well guys, I will probably post tomorrow. If you don't check in till Monday, we will talk then. Have a great weekend!

Sending good vibes for the home build, Lisa.
Tom, behave yourself!

Good morning Commandos! Today was cardio and abs and I went 10 freakin miles on the airdyne! That's the most in a very long time for me and while I cant say it felt good, it did feel good to be able to do it. That took me about 37 -38 minutes, then I spent about 25 minutes on an ab circuit again doing crunches x 50/ knee ins x 25/ cable crunches x 25 and/ 1 min side plank each side. I again did this circuit 3 times and total time was about an hour and 5 minutes. I made all six days this week, hope I can keep it up. I had 2 tickets prior to that one I mentioned, 1 was 6 miles over (31 in a 25) in 1971 (hardass) but the other I really earned, 75 on the wrong side of the interstate DUI in 1972...that cost me 6 months on a bicycle!!(actually that may have been the most fortunate moment of my life, I should not even be here and worse yet I could have taken others with me!) Guess I was lucky to survive my hard partying college days. Great work ladies Lisa, back to cardio (the world is again in sync) and Karen, I am behaving myself only because I am too old to act otherwise....but there was a time...well.....nevermind! Great work ladies, I'm proud to be among ya! Have a terrific weekend!

Just finished Coffeyfit Raw on YouTube. Glutes and thighs. Evidently her camera died, just before the end of the workout. It just cuts off suddenly. Good workout for the butt. That's about it for today. See ya Monday!

Karen, I haven't done that one yet. She just put up a new video yesterday, a cardio workout. Excited to try them both! Like she says, these are raw and in her basement. Nothing pretty or fancy about them! Hope you had a nice weekend.

Tom, good job on being 6 workouts for 6 days last week. That's a great accomplishment! Hope your Monday is off to a good start.

I did workout on Saturday, but I can't remember what it was. I think it was Shelly Dose core and metabolic stuff. Today was LEG DAY! Yay! Fitness Blender body weight and weighted work as well. A nice burn.

Sorry in advance, I'm just totally focused on moving and it's going to occupy my life for the next two weeks so I am going to be very hit and miss here. I will still be working out but probably not posting much until the dust settles.

Have a great week!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.