Lifting like girls

Good morning all! No workout this morning, one of those no sleep nights. Yesterday was Mark Lauren, 30 sec work, 30 sec rest for 5 rounds 4 exercises. Post more later. Running late for work, instead of manic Monday, it's manic Tuesday!! Trying to "make it great again!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well isn't this just fabulous!! Woke up this morning with 3 inches of snow on the ground!! Have I said , i'm so done with this Winter? Well, I am!!
This morning was Mr. Lauren again. Forty-five seconds work, fifteen seconds rest. Five rounds.
Scorpion side kicks
Prisoner squats
Shoulder width tripod push-ups
Skydivers, arms at T
This particular workout fries me.
Never did get a workout in, yesterday. Probably a good thing. My shoulders are cooked.
That's about it, hope all of you are well! Until later!

Well isn't this just fabulous!! Woke up this morning with 3 inches of snow on the ground!! Have I said , i'm so done with this Winter? Well, I am!!

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! Our weatherman said we'd get a rain snow mix this morning but right now it's just sunny but cold and super windy. So sorry that the snow went your way, Karen. :( Shall we punch Mother Nature in the face together? lol. Take care of those sore shoulders.

Tom, hope you're doing OK on your adventure.

Yesterday was a complete upper body weight training routine from Fitness Blender. Today was another lower body day, partly from Fitness Blender and partly from my own brain...a mix of plyo HiiT and heavy weight work. Feeling the burn and it feels great!

I was bad yesterday but did get in shoulders and some legs today. I did 20 sets of shoulder, 8 sets seated dumbbell shoulder press, 3 sets side laterals, 3 sets rear delt flys, 3 sets front raises, and 3 sets dumbbell shrugs. For legs, 3 long sets gob squats, 3 sets static lunges and 3 sets calf raises, all with dumbbells. Sorry the weather is terrible for y'all, lousey here too! Great workouts friends!

This morning I got through about 20 minutes of a Pilates Total Body Flow. My dogs decided they needed to do their own version of downward facing dog on the mat, so that was the end of that. I liked this DVD. Plan on doing more later. Make it a great Thursday!
Great work, Tom!
Lisa, are you hanging in there. Your workouts sound great! Good job!

Karen, Tom, you're both gettin' it done despite obstacles, Tom and the hotel gym; Karen and her indoor doggie potty training (Clorox time again? lol). I don't think I could ever have dogs after all these diapers, but Karen maybe I will since you manage and you went through 5 babies in diapers.

Karen, has the snow melted?

Yep, hanging in here but oh.so.tired! My workouts energize me so I insist on doing them but getting up is hard hard hard. Today was upper body, supersets of 10 reps/2 sets of each exercise + 40 seconds on/15 seconds off of cardio intervals.

Have a great Thursday! Friday can't come soon enough!

Fried me some appendages today!! Wowzer! I did 20 sets with dumbbells, 4 sets skullcrushers/ dumbbell curls, 3 sets skullcrushers/ hammer curls, 2 sets kickbacks/ decline curls and 1 set kickbacks/ conc curls. I was tired at the end so 36 set sts will prob do me in!! Keep killin it ladies, great work!

yesterday, after my dogs took over my mat, I called it quits. After work, I mowed the lawn, so that counts for something. Today will be another Mark Lauren.
I guess I shattered my dogs psyche when I kicked them out of the gym. They were pouting, and wouldn't eat their breakfast. Oh well, they got to eat it for dinner. At 65, I'm still raising kids!! Who did I p!$$ off?

Tom, you smoked those muscles today. To the common person that sounds horrible, but to a Commando that sounds AWESOME!

Karen, glad the snow is gone! Yeah, you've got four legged kiddos for sure, but they love you and don't talk back, right? Do you have a FitBit or other fitness tracker? Every time my DH mows the lawn his FitBit thinks he went on a long bike ride! Definitely a workout! Enjoy your Mark Lauren tonight.

This morning I did Warrior Kickboxing Live (5/11/17). It was one of Cathe's best boxing based Lives because the combos were kick+punch combos, not just punches or not just kicks. I like them put together and that's just what she did. Fun!

TGIF! Holy moly I need this weekend.

Today: Mark Lauren. Set the timer for 20 minutes, and do the following as a circuit.How many times can you get through the four exercises.
1. Zombie Side-Lunges 6 reps (3 each side)
2. Shoulder-Width Tripod Push-Ups 6 reps (3 each side)
3. One Legged RDLs, arm at T 8 reps (4 each side)
4. Let-Me-Ups, legs slightly bent 6 reps

11 circuits. More difficult than it looks. I thought this would be a piece of cake. Sucking wind half way through. Until tomorrow!

Nope, Karen that definitely does not look easy. Getting in as many sets as possible? Sucking wind for sure and sweat flying everywhere, no doubt.

Today was the latest Live, Totally Pumped Total Body Live (5/17/17). A mix of metabolic and higher rep strength. Fun!

Have a great Saturday and Sunday, my Iron Friends!

Howdy Iron workers. I've been playing with 1rm's, and I am setting them low cause this thing is going to " kick my padoody"!! The bent over stuff like deads and rows may still be an issue so I am really going to go light on these, but I had to raise everything first time I did sts too so I can raise on the fly if needed. I'm kinda looking forward to this and will do cardio and abs on off days. It will be interesting to see how it goes endurance wise since I am skipping meso 1, but can't bring myself to do it and it's not like I haven't doing anything. You, my Commando warrior friends, can expect much complaining but I am expecting no pity since you have all gone thru it. I set up the first week without lifting a weight....will see how that goes! Have a great weekend !!

Happy Monday, friends. We are going to crush it this week. I can just feel it!

Tom, seriously excited for you to start STS. Complain all you want but you're going to secretly love it. So proud of you for your cardio plan! I always love when I return to STS and I look at my old weight notes and see that I'm lifting heavier on pretty much everything than I did in previous rounds. Sure you'll find the same thing, with the exception of that tweaky back that you are watching out for (which is totally smart on your part).

Karen, did you have a great weekend? Pilates today?

Today was leg day and I did a Fitness Blender YouTube Lower Body Toning Workout - 56 Minute Butt and Thigh Tabata. I chose the right weights for me and this was tough. Shakin' like bacon.

Have a great day!

Day 1 done! Disc 13 and I felt like I started a little light but it was still tough! All in all 369 reps.... geeze! It took me about 80 minutes to do and I didn't rush but didn't need a lot of rest between some of the more isolation moves. I didn't go heavy on bench or the other lifts for that matter, but it was a workout but by the time you do incline and 6 sets of flys.It is supposed to be about 70% of max on the lifts but its hard to tell when doing longer sets. I may leave it here and see how much it bumps up or possibly raise 1rm's since I did pad those a little for self preservation! Lisa,luv your zeal! Gotta feel good to be able to be back at it! Karen, more bwt and pilates? It's Monday Commandos, get your money's worth!!

Today was Mark Lauren's assessment day. If you hit the mark (play on words, here) on reps, you can move to the next level. I did hit the mark, not so sure I want to move up. I'm lovin' this program. Short, to the point and a hot sweaty mess when finished.
Found a great Pilates DVD. Will most likely do two 15 minute programs from the DVD tomorrow. Maybe 3. Never know!

This morning was another two programs from "Do More Pilates Mat Series." Slow Ab Burn, and Core Strength + Balance. Slow Ab Burn, is exactly right. My core was on fire.
Tomorrow-Mark Lauren. I've decided that the Wednesday workout is the hardest of the week. So, I'm crossing my fingers here. That's about it, until tomorrow.

Lousy nite AGAIN!! Finally went to sleep about 4 them slept thru my alarm....cardio and abs missed but tomorrow is leg day.,.yay! I promise it was not planned and hope tonight is better! Off to lala land...hopefully! Good work friends, will try not to be a slacker tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.