Hot Moms & Sweet Babies June 15-21

Kate -mmmm a roast. yum. hope J is doing better.

I only have a min to post. Liam is being a handful lately. I didn't get much sleep between 12am and 5 am. he couldn't stay asleep. ugh!! but then once I got some gas out of him (rubbing his belly) and rocked him real good he slept better till like 9. I guess made up for the long night. ugh! hes also not staying down for naps unless he sleeps on my chest. I'm not getting much done and I'm getting frustrated. :(

I'm sore today.. but its a good sore ;). I'll see if I get to w/o tonight. have church to go to too. I'll have to do an upper body if I do cause my bum and hamstrings are sore. I gained a couple lbs too overnight! ick. but guess it must be water weight.

jess, its def water .... im sure you didnt eat an extra 7000 cals yday! :D
sorry abt liam - those days are so hard - like you'll never ever get anything done again! im right there w/ ya w/ the teething the last cpl days.
yay doms!

Kate--Can I come eat at your house tonight?? :p Did you make homemade bread?

Jess--it's water or muscle weight! I've had the same problem too, but clothes are getting looser, and that's what matters!

About to rain here. Hope it stops so kids can go swimming tonight! Looks like someone might swap workout DVDs with me on the VF Exchange forum. YAY! Never done it before, but hoping it works!

stephanie, you betcha that bread was homemade! coulda ate the wole loaf...but i kept my portions in check! what i would do for spme dessert tho!:eek::eek::eek:
thats great about the exchange! what are you getting?

Hi Stephanie, do not worry about it! I remember when my son was little and I got no sleep, my weight on the scale was all over the place! A good rest will put it all in check!

Kate--A person is interested in trading me Cathe's Gym Style Legs for my Jari Love Get Ripped to the Core. I hope it goes through. I don't have any Gym Style stuff. There are a lot of people on there looking for Leslie Sanstone (sp??) stuff, and I know you have that. You may want to check out the exchange board.

DH came and got the big boys for the pool. Praise GOD!! :) Now it's just me and the creepy crawler. Thinking about going to the grocery store with him. I'm wanting a big salad for dinner and I have no salad or spinach. My produce drawer is EMPTY. Just a lemon and two limes. Good for a mojito, bad for a salad. Anywho... Hope everyone is having a great evening!! :)

ETA: Hi Jimbean! thanks for the encouraging words! I agree that when you get a good night's sleep it makes the scales much kinder.

Last edited:
Glad to hear my 7yr old isn't the only one with an attitude:eek: I was starting to worry. He is also very apologetic on the walk up to his room to sit on his bed:p

Trish-sorry about af:confused: Are you still nursing??? I still haven't started and I usually don't until a couple months after completely weaning:) I told Mike I am going to nurse Ryder until he is 5:D How was the beach?

Becky-did you start work?? If you are looking for shorter wo's, Kelly Coffey-Meyer has some really good 30min ones. She is having a pre-sale right now for 3 new ones.

Stephanie-how do you like your vest? I keep going back and forth on wanting it and thinking I will never use it. Scary about the tornado:confused:

Kate-how is Julia today? It is so sad when they don't feel well:( It also makes a long day for mommy.

jess-hope you get your wo in. Is Liam doing better?

Hi Lisa and Sydney:)

The older boys are with grandma today! Me and Ryder met Mike for lunch. After I went shopping:D Amazing how much you can get done with only one child. He is such a good baby, he just hung out in his stroller and enjoyed the view!:p

I did SJP today. I haven't done that wo in a very long time. It was a lot of fun.

Candra

Hi Candra--I love SJP! I don't have it, but I used to love doing it when it was on FitTV, and also parts of it are on my Timesaver DVD. Hope you had fun with your little one today!! Charlie has been fussing since DH and the big boys left for the pool. I think he actually misses them. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone... back from my trip!! Soooo stressful, but back on track. Anna is growing like a weed!!! She is sleeping through the night and it is great. she sleeps from 9:00-4:00 or from 10:00- 5:00. This morning I fed her then worked out for 45 min on the elliptial.

I am still not losing any weight, but I'm not giving up! Hubby is doing great with P90X, he is even talking about doing another round and he still hast 60 days to go.

Me.... I had a scary moment today. 1st time turning on my treadmill since getting back home and it didn't work!! I almost started to cry.... I love love love my treadmill. couldn't figure out what was wrong.. called the Reebok company and they were no help, so I started to take it apart. Found out that one of the cords was being pinched and wasn't allowing the belt to move.... once I straighten the cord.... worked perfectly!!! I was soooo happy. Never thought that I would be attached to my treadmill so much.

Hi to everyone...I don't think that I will be able to catch up with everyone so I'll start from now.... how is everyone????? I miss logging in regularly.. I feel so out of the loop.

p.s.... I wasn't going to tell you all about my positive pregnancy test!!! I was scared about 12 hours... took another one that wasn't so old and came out "not pregnant"....... just stress!!!

Last edited:
Stephanie, Oh how I love GS!! Hope you get it! Not sure if I want to trade LS yet... If I have another baby it would be nice to have them still.:confused:
Glad you're getting some alone time! Well, alone with a baby anyway! I ADORE grocery shopping! Would love to do it daily! Crazy, Iknow! I hate when the produce drawers are empty too!!!:mad:

Candra, Julia's a bit better, thanks for asking! Hoping for a better night! Her naps were longer again today - thank goodness!!!
yay for no AF!
I love my Cathe vest - I use it for squats and lunges so I don't have to hold so much weight. Granted, it's only 10#, but still.... when you're holding 100#, 10 makes a difference!:D
Shopping w/ no big kids and lunch date with DH - I'm pea green w/ envy!:p
I dont think ive ever done SJP in its entirety - usually I just take parts of it to add on to other stuff.

Sydney, OMW!!! A positive preg test woulda sent me into a tailspin having a babe Anna's age! Tho I wouldnt complain too loud right now!;)
Way to fix your own TM!!

Sydney-glad you are back! I would freak out if I had a positive test:eek:

Stephanie-how cute Charlie missing his brothers:) I know Ryder is very entertained by his brothers!!

Kate-glad Julia is doing better:) I also love to grocery shop, especially at trader joes!

Candra

Candra, I wish we had a TJ's or Whole Foods around here!

Julia had another night of non-sleep! I'm getting so tired!:( I want so much to keep upbeat and do fun things with the girls in spite of it!

Will go for a run tonight - provided it doesn't rain! If it does I'll do some weights and cardio.

I hope everybody has a good day!

Jess, How did Liam do last night?

sydney, a positive test would scare the crap out of me right now!!!! take it easy on yourself, mama! no stress! i know, easy to say... and glad the tm is working, that should be a stress-reliever, right?

kate, poor j (and mama!), i hope that tooth cuts soon! lol at food shopping everday... i pretty much do! for me its easier to get a handful of things fresh every day or 2 than big trips. TJ and WF are not walking distance (one bus or i wait for someone to drive) but supermarkets, farmers markets, and some specialty shops in my area. and when i get to TJ, i stock up the freezer =) and i love to cook but never have tried to make bread... maybe one day. you go girl.

candra, love sjp! ive actually never done it all the way through, just the premixes and love the step as an add-on to other stuff. gee, its been a while... maybe ill have to break that one out today!

trish, AF is no fun! unfortunately, i was back on "cycle" in my 3rd month pp! doc says it cause im super fertile... we joke if my husband blinks at me sideways ill be pg... so hell blink at me sometimes and i RUN! lol. hanscom afb is closest to boston, in bedford, up rt 128... is that the one?

steph - hope your trade works out. me, im holding on to the sansones be cause they do come in handy (like last week when i was laid out!!). i also hate when produce is running low, thats why i shop almost every day! lol, dh thinks im a little nuts but he cant complain abt lack of fruits and veggies in his diet =) i tell him fiber is candy for the colon, lol =)

hi jess, hope you/liam got some sleep last night... and yay for doms!

well....... JJ took an afternoon nap in his crib (miracle #1) that lasted 2+ hours (miracle #2). joy of joys! morning naps have always been better, this was AMAZING. the crib part and length of time. we had a meet up at the park at 3:15 that he slept right through, i was actually all dressed and ready, just like the other day... he got up close to 4:30 and i just took him for a quick walk and ride on the swings nearby instead. i missed chatting with the other mommies but i cant complain!!

inspired by candra, may pull out sjp today, we shall see! right now i need to prep some stuff for dinner.

have a great day!

w

hello all.
No w/o last night. I got home late and Liam woke up when I got him down. he wasn't down for good till 9:30 and then I had to clean my hurricane of a mess in the kitchen from him being a handful all day. He slept pretty good last night though. he slept for 4 hrs then woke to eat. then another 4 hrs or so then ate again and slept till time to get up. yay. I needed that. still sore though anyway. owie.

Steph -I LOVE gym styles. my fav. those and KPC are my most used Cathe dvds. I like my Jari Loves too though.

Sydney -glad you weren't pregnant (since you didn't want to be ;). ) I'm planning on getting my tubes tied this summer. dh will be here in two weeks for a couple weeks and he'd better not get me preggo. ha.

Kate - hope J sleeps better tonight. I try to be happy and just as busy on lack of sleep but it is harder.

Hello everyone else. I gotta run for now.

we have a tooth!!!! popped thru finally!! hope that relieves some crankiness!

wendy, bread is soooo easy! anybody can do it!
awesome nap for jj!! wtg mom!:D:D

jess, i hate kitchen messes. i need it clean to preserve my sanity!:p

-
fil took big dds to lunch and a museum. nice to have a little break!

got 4ds bis/tris done. worked hard!

Hi mamas!
Busy day! I'm trying to get all the "Father's Day" stuff done before the kids go to Gramps Camp tomorrow. They bought DH a recordable card and recorded him a sweet message. And we're about to paint him a picture frame. Since they're not in school like they were for Mother's Day, when they made me a cute craft, I want them to do one here for him. We're also about to bake blondies with chocolate chips, peanut butter AND M&Ms in them for Gramps Camp. Lord, give me strength. I haven't eaten all day because I know I can't pass up that dough. (Yes, it's very eating-disorder of me, but so be it. :p) I packed their clothes last night (can you tell that I'm excited?). Anyway...

Jess--WOO HOO on the Gym Style Legs. I just emailed the girl, and we're mailing our trades tomorrow. Can't wait!! I like Jari OK. She's just a little too Barbie-ish for me. I like Cathe much much better. Yay for Liam's sleep!!

Wendy-- "Fiber is candy for the colon." That's the funniest thing I've heard all day, girl!!! LOL SO true too!!

Sydney--Holy crap on the pregnancy test!! I'd have been totally :confused::confused::confused: with a newborn and a positive!!! LOL I remember when Henry was about Charlie's age I had a scare. But when it turned out to be negative, I was a little sad. Glad your treadmill was OK! :)

Kate--You are SO going to get pregnant again, aren't you!! (Referring to your LS comment.) C'mon BOY!!! :)

Hi to Candra, Lisa, Becky and anyone else I missed!!
Hope everyone has a great day!! :)

Yay Julia's tooth!!

Hi mommies! Family is still here so I don't have much time. We are going to drive around the island today and stop off at the beach then DH's cousin's house for dinner. I got my first run in today despite my ankle still being a little swollen and tender. I covered 3.2 miles at a 10min/mile pace. That was with slowing down on the downhills so I was happy that my endurance didn't get too badly affected. Anyway, I will be back on more next week after family is gone. I miss chatting with you mommies! OH and eats have been a rollercoaster so I hope I don't gain any weight. Eugh, very hard with family get togethers.

Lisa

Stephanie, I CANNOT decide if I want a 4th! Mike is leaving it up to me .... as I am the one who is home all day.... We've decided to just "wing it" and see what happens. No AF yet so I'm not expecting anything soon!
No ED flames comin' from me! I'd do the exact same thing! BTW, a good friend of mine is a RD and says I have "all the classic symptoms of someone w/ an ED" ...gimme a break!:rolleyes: I think SHE knows ZERO about her field. She eats Monte Cristo sandwiches and watches tv/reads mags on the treadmill. Her arm is the size of my thigh - and it sure ain't cause she's muscly!:eek::p
Tomorrow we're doign or Dads Day stuff. You are such a good mommy!

Lisa, The beach aaaaaahhhhh - sound wonderful!

Wendy-I love when they take long naps:D Did you do sjp?

Jess-glad Liam slept well!!

Kate- yay for the tooth!! Is she back to her old self or still cranky? How nice of your fil to take the girls out:)

Stephanie-Gramp's Camp sounds so fun for the boys! Do they stay one or two nights? And I have skipped meals to eat cookie dough:p

Lisa-enjoy your family:) Good run, take it slow so your ankle heals!

The boys had vbs this morning and now their cousin is over. I think I will take them swimming as soon as Ryder wakes up. It is finally warm enough to get in the pool:) I really need to go to costco but I am going to wait until
Mike gets home. I did 40 min on the elliptical this am and now I just feel drained for some reason:confused:

Candra

candra, still a bit cranky:mad: but def more manageable
fun day for you guys!
maybe m coming home will perk you up!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.