Hot Moms & Sweet Babies June 15-21

HOt day here. We're going swimming at my inlaws! yay!!! Not til after Julia's afternoon nap tho. I need it good & hot to enjoy the pool. Mike's going to turn the pool heater on for me too. I HATE cold water! Plus, Julia will enjoy it more that way!

WO will be a run with Laura tonight - I can't wait!

I need to do some helathy baking today so I have some healthy snack options. I have a recipe for blueberry oatmeal applesauce muffins I want to make. Will freeze them in portions to keep myself in check!

Julia's babbling in her bed! I love her! Can't wait to get her chubby little butt in a swimsuit today! BUt I can def wait to get my chubby butt into one!

---

Lets see how far I get w/ personals...

Jess, I haven;t done Kbells yet. Having too much fun w/ STS. I know I'll cave sometime tho!:p

Becky, That's awesome abt your weight and muscle!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I weigh more than I used to too....up a size in bottoms but my top is as small as it ever was. I actually have a lot more muscle than I used to. Love it! DH has been paying mme lots of compliments lately:eek:.
Thta's so exciting about your Kindle!

Becky/Trish - I'm glad I'm not the only bedtime chatty gal! Mike ususally falls asleep while I'm carrying on and it drives me nuts!:p

Trish, Yeah, Julia weighs more than my firend's 2yo!!!

Stephanie, Ice cream is our Kryptonite! I'm not keeping it in the house anymore. We have to REALLY want t acheat to go get it. And that Edy's.....yum.:mad: Dangerous stuff!:p
Great job with your WO!!!!
I always stay up too late too! I am sure we will NEVER learn!:eek:

hi mommas! yet another cool/rainy day here... weve had a rash of non-june-like weather the past week. i dont mind so much, great walking weather, but its hard to figure out how to dress the babes and also other moms dont wanna meet us. they think theyll melt or something?

yesterday was no w/o =( we made a follow up appt at the doc (hes all fine) and i started madly getting ready when he went down for nap, thinking it was gonna be another ridiculously short one... and then he slept and slept! 2+ hrs! i so had time to w/o but i was already dressed and makeup on, thinking he was wake any sec. well no matter, if hes back on his normal/longer naps then im happy!!!! hopefully can get to total body wts today, either me or tbs. we did walk to and from the doc tho, a little under 3 miles each way. oh and i went in target after and got out only buying slippers for $6, miracle.

mmm, kate, healthy baking is a great idea... maybe ill do banana cake or maybe a no bake thing like the sara snow protein bars. have you made those? im a chatty bedtime girl too but dh nips it in the bud lol. we also txt all day when hes not at a secure facility so theres less to say at night...

trish, we are in MA and live off base just outside boston. dh commutes to otis afb (cape cod) every day.

steph, ice cream is a major weakness of mine. i cant keep it in the house at all!

becky - the kindle is so cool, lucky! (or congrats on all that work since it was an award =)

jess, you are so right about the schedule thing with dh gone. i didnt even do dinner for ods and me until after jj was asleep. dh would NEVER go for 8pm dinner! obviously the kids scheds dictate so its not like its really we can do whatever we want... moms never can =)

Wendy, Don't you love/hate when they take an unexpected long nap?!?!?:p
LOL on melting!
Those walks DEF count as a WO!!! You are the walking queen! Hope you get your "official" wo oday!
Way to have restraint at Target!!!

put these on your must-bake-now list!!!

Oatmeal Blueberry Applesauce Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl combine the applesauce, buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and egg. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add in the applesauce mixture. Stir together just until all dry ingredients are incorporated. Gently fold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

hooooray!!! my sister and i are singing up for another 5k!! im soooo excited!
theres a kids run too and dds are going to do it!
i am so pumped!

i asked them what they wanted for lunch and gina said "something healthy for my race!' i love it!!!!

Back from the pool - short trip! The water was too cold to even attempt getting Julia in. And my poor baby is soooo fussy and cranky today.. Not sure what's going on. She's never like this. I have nothing in mind for dinner so I might have Mike pick something up. Julia cries and cries when I put her down. Whimpering when I hold her too.... Not very conducive to getting a meal on the table!:confused::confused:

On a positive note I am so looking forward to my run tonight!!!

Hi mamas!

Kate--Could Julia be teething? Charlie got just like that with these two top teeth that finally have broken through. Sorry your pool visit was cut short! That's awesome about the 5K! Where'd you get that muffin recipe? Sounds great!

Wendy--Yay on the walk! And how in the world did you get out of Target with only spending $6? I didn't think that was possible! Yeah, ice cream is a weakness of mine, but not a major one. Just lately I've wanted it. Guess it's the hot weather. I don't keep it out of the house because DH and Oliver LOVE it, and it's not so bad in moderation. Or when I'm maintaining my weight. Just not when I'm trying to LOSE!! :( No more, though. It's off limits to me from now on!

Jess--Do you like your kettlebells? I want some but have no space for more equipment!

Hi Trish, Becky, Wendy, Lisa, Candra, Sydney and everyone I missed!!
----
Today we headed out to Michaels and the weather was gorgeous, and all of a sudden, down the road, the radio started reporting tornado warnings, and the sky turned dark, so we turned around and went home. :confused: Luckily the bad stuff missed us. But I really wanted to go to Michaels!! Oh well. Maybe tomorrow. My Cathe weighted vest came in the mail today!!! YAY!!! Tomorrow is supposed to be a CLX rest day, but I'm thinking weighted vest walk day!! :) Better go. Charlie smells ripe. I think he's made me a little organic present. :confused::confused: Carrots do the trick every time.

Oh, before i forget... Have you guys ever tried the veggie pizza bites that are in the organic frozen section of the grocery store. I forgot who makes them, but they are organic, made with soy cheese and wheat crusts, and they are like little pizza pockets. YUM. Only 180 calories for six of them, which was my lunch. Don't know if they are technically "clean" but about as close as you can get. Anyway...

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!! :)

j must be teething. she is miserable. i have never seen her like this. she sobbed this little broken heart cry all thru dinner. :(:(:(:( kinda feverish too. :(:(

stephanie, recipe was off foodgawker.com. can be a dangerous place! not the site to "gawk" when youre hungry! :p
:eek::eek::eek: on the tornados! but i love a good storm!:eek::D
ive never had the frozen thingys...but they sound good!

due to j's unconsolability mike picked up pizza & breadsticks. i had salad w/ leftover chicken. take that, fat cells! :p

Hi chatty mommies!! Hi Trish!! So good to see you again.

It has been a busy week with family in town. I haven't been doing much wo excepts weights because of my ankle and I am hoping to get a light jog in this afternoon. My DH put P in the cosleeper yesterday after I have repeatedly told him not to leave her in there unsupervised since she is pulling herself up. Well, he did and she fell out. Grr...thankfully she is just fine, but I was not a happy mommy.

Anyway, sorry for lack of personals. I'll try to bbl.

Lisa

Kate -I'm having a ruff day with Liam too. but no teething here. just he had gas SO bad last night he hardly slept and isn't napping well either so I think the poor boy is just super tired. he keeps waking up from his tummy. I tried some colic calm no help yet. sorry the pool didn't work out and J is not feeling good.

Steph -glad your safe from the tornados. scary! hope you get your outting tomorrow. never seen the vegi bites. I'll look next time!

Lisa -glad shes ok. hope your ankle is all better quick.

---
Ok I wrote the above and got Liam down. then I got about 40 min of kettlebells done then added 20 min of kickboxing and hes STILL asleep. must be feeling better. I hope it sticks all night. he'll probably be waking up early though cause he went down early tonight. hope you all have a good night. Gosh I feel wiped. my legs were a bit shaky after the KBs. I need to get back into the swing of things (ha). Oh and Kate I do like KBs. esp laurens w/o and the kettlebell way 2 but I have anthony's w/os too. they don't take up alotta space. they fit in a corner in my room behind my weights.

man! we've all got baby woes tonight!:(
julia just woke up sobbing. rocking in the dark right now! i love this lazyboy! ive had it for all my babes. its butter yellow suede and fits me like a glove!:D i could never hack it in a wooden rocker!:p

jess, so sorry abt liam! glad he got to sleep finally AND YOU GOT A WO!!!! yesss! we actually find the earlier we put them to bed, the better/longer they sleep!:confused:

-
kicked butt on my run tonight! didnt have to stop once to walk!

gosh, kate, sorry about j, its so hard when its random and you dont know how to help =( my guess would be teeth coming...

kate, will you let me know if those muffins are good a day later? i hope the applesauce keeps them moist, id like to make them tomorrow if so.

jess, awesome you got a wo in! and ill say a little prayer for liam sleeping well tonight =)

lisa, soooooo glad p is ok... i read that and then had dh put jj's crib down lower because hes just started pullling himself up and you scared me!

steph, lol abt target, i was playing dh in my head the whole time... wendy, WHY do we need that? WHERE is it going? what are you going to GIVE AWAY to make room? thats how i got out only spending 6 bux =)

i got to workout today!!! woohoo!! after yesterdays fiasco where i got all dressed thinking hed be up any sec and then sat around 2 hrs... i just went for it. did c&w and the stretch max band routine. and then ate lunch and take a shower. still cant believe it might be that quick that hes back on the schedule??? and we went for a walk midday, 3 miles round trip. made a nice dinner of wh wheat pasta, tomatoes, garlic, evoo, green beans, and fresh mozz. kept my portion smallish and light on the cheese... and just finished making that choc chip banana cake from pink peppercorn (thanks kate!), ods loves it and i know dh will too.

Kate--I'm thinking maybe it's an ear infection since she woke up crying. Is she nursing well? Yay on the saying no to pizza!! I did too!! My dh picked up pizza for the boys and cheesy bread, and I made myself fish, wheat couscous and veggies!!! :)

Lisa--YIKES! I'm SO glad the baby was OK!! I know you must have been a basket case -- I would have been! Now the question is... Is your DH OK? :eek:

Jess--Yay on Liam's sleeping! Crossing my fingers that you guys get a good night's sleep!! :)

Wendy--Yay on the workout! Your dinner sounded YUMMY!

---
Looks like we're all on track!! I had one diet fobble today and that's all. DH got cookie dough at the pizza place, and as I was making the cookies for them, I had a bite or two :eek:. I'm only human. No regrets though, because I said no to pizza and cheesy bread, which is superhuman. :) I did my CLX cardio but skipped the CLX yoga. I don't like it. I think it's kinda worthless, but Oliver, Charlie and I took a long walk today with my weighted vest on, so that made up for it. I tried on some pants tonight and I have dropped a size!!! :) Still two sizes larger than my old size but I'll take it. I'm a work in progress. But at least I'm making PROGRESS. :cool: Nighty night everyone!! :)

Hi ladies.

Today was a 45 minute outdoor run. I am loving this weather! I know that I only have a few days left of exercising during hours when the sun is out, so I am trying to get some outdoor time in...but I might have to cool it for a day or two for my knees sake. I have planned B&G tomorrow...we'll see how I feel.

Stephanie, isn't seeing that muscle awesome!?! Yesterday while I was w/o I saw my biceps/shoulders in the mirror and saw cuts. CUTs!!!! I didn't have those before...at least not as pretty as these! Now I need to get those in my butt/thighs. :) Oh, and you are a better woman than I. I would have been all over that cheesy bread!

Wendy, great job on getting out of Target with only spending $6! I don't think I've ever gotten out of there for that little!

Kate, sorry about Julia. Z is sort of doing the same thing..but only in the afternoons. I think she's teething. Tomorrow I plan to peruse foodgawker.

Jess, good job on the kettlebells. I might be getting one soon...not sure. Found a guy on Twitter who's putting out a new workout series and I might get a kettlebell for free if they pick me to try out the workouts. I have been wanting to get one...but I will have to wait for a while if I have to buy one myself....like Christmas later.

Hi everyone else. Going to bed now.

Becky

Wendy, I froze my muffins right away so I don't know! I'm sorry! But they seemed pretty moist .... maybe underbake them by a min or 2 to help!:)
Sounds like you had a GREAT DAY yday! Good for you!
Go JJ on the sleep!!! yes!

Stephanie, We ARE superhuman to resist the pizza. AND WTG on the portion control w/ the cookies! AWEOMSE!
And you're geting your WO's done!! You are on fire!:D That is SO GREAT abt the pants! Keep it up!!!

Becky, great run! b&g - so fun! yay cuts!!! youve been working so hard! wtg!!!!
foodgawker - danger, danger!:p i check evryday:eek:.

-
Sleep. Need Sleep.
Maybe today would be a good day to start liking coffee!
Julia was working on her teeth ALL NIGHT LONG! I just about lost it at one point. I did get a little sleep in her chair.

will go to the chiro to make sure no ear issues. thanks, steph!

Today is a rest day .... thank goodness! Hoping to fit in some CS tho!

Hi mamas!

Becky-- A 45-minute run sounds wonderful! And congrats on the cut muscles!! I can just feel mine, can't see them yet. Have to melt off this fat of mine first! :confused: But that's great about your arms!!! :)

Kate--I am sorry about Julia not sleeping. Hopefully it's just teeth. Maybe you two can sneak in a nap today! YAY on the rest day!! :)

Hi to all you other mommies!!
---
Well, I am supposed to have a rest day today, but I think I'll do another walk with my vest and maybe some random exercises with it. DH is taking the boys to the pool tonight when he gets home. THANK GOODNESS. My oldest is really acting badly lately. What an attitude. At 7 years old. I've tried EVERYTHING. Guess he just needs to go through this stage. Whew, it's been rough, though. I didn't think the sarcasm started until those teen years, but I was wrong. :( Maybe it's boredom. He has day camp next week so I'm hoping it will cheer him up. Charlie is crawling more and more. :confused: Soooo cute, but soooooo :eek:. My house is one big choking hazard, so I'm having to be extra vigilant!

Well, hope everyone has a great day!! :)

Lisa~aww glad all is okay, but these things happen. I'd have been mad too though. My dd picked up the baby and put heron the couch and walked off about 2 months ago and she rolled right off. I flipped my lid.. aghh it's always something.

Kate~sorry to hear J is so fussy.. teething def. could be the culprite.. I won't tell ya that my parents pool is 88 degrees and feels like bath water! WE are in FL though and it's like SUPER hot. Heat index today of 105 We are heading to the beach though and I don't know if it'll feel good or not because it's SO stinking hot. I will def. try those muffins.. do you have nutritional info on those? I missed you and your running??!! Details.. what races did you do? I am back to running finally after having that nasty cold. I am signed up for the Army 10 miler in Oct. Fun times!

Jess~sounds like you got a good workout in.

Wendy~yay for a long nap again and working out! My sister and her DH were stationed in boston at an AFB there, but they lived on base and I don't know the name of it..lol

Stephanine~I have a 7 year old attitude here too. I am praying it's a phase because it's driving me nuts. He is the boss of all the other kids, and he talks back, informs me of all my wrong doings.. it's really getting on my nerves. He knows everything too.. and is always right. ugh

Well today is a rest day for me since we are heading to the beach. IF we get back early enough we might do a walk or I can walk on my moms treadmill. I started my first AF since having Sara and it is kicking my butt.. ugh I HATE this..almost makes me want to have another baby to avoid it for another year and a half.. LOL ALMOST. hehe

Another 7yo w/ an attitude here!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: She actually is very good about apologizing when we remind her of how bad she's acting but holy moly!!!!:eek::eek:

Stephanie, The walk sounds great! Enjoy your alone itme tonight!

Trish, That pool water is right up my alley!
Have fun at the beach!
BOOOO to AF! Don't have mine yet and that's a-ok w/ me! Is Sara still nursing? J is down to every 4 hours.... keep waiting for AF to rear her ugly head.
I dont have the NI on the muffins....Sorry!!
Yes, somehow I've come to enjoy running. My sister (18) and I are running a 5k this Saturday and next Saturday too. We are really excited! We're looking for a 10K for the fall - good luck w. yours!!

-
I let the house fall apart a while longer and I did CS Muscle Chains. TIme to get busy!

Oh my teething baby!!!
We went for awalk to distract her. She did get distracted .... by Gina falling in the mud! Poor thing was practiciing for her run next week and slipped in the muddy dirt road. Covered in mud and bleeding we hobbled her home.
Julia's down for a nap, roast w/ all the trimmings is in the oven. I WILL NOT GORGE MYSELF on the bread we made today!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.