Hardcore Fitness Maniacs checkin for July

oday I did URX-MT Polyperformance , Plyometric, Intervals with Keli Roberts. This was 53 minutes, 339 calories, heart rate average 128/max 165, 3,334 steps. I then did YouTube Amy Ross workout 2 full workout with the rebounder and kettle bells, 31 minutes(I did the brief workout that was directly after the other that dropped off without the end) heart rate 136 average/ max 177, 199 calories, 2,271 steps. I finished off with Rebound Fit relaxation and stretch on YouTube, 18 minutes, 32 calories. Total time was 1 hour 42 minutes, 570 calories.

Debbie, nice workout today. I have been avoiding shoulders this week. My neck and shoulders have been hurting and I just do not want to make it worse. There was a bit of shoulders in my workout today, but I changed up the moves. The rebounder I only used 2# sandweights. Amy's 15 and 20# kettlebell pairs. There was very little reps and the shoulders was a push press near the end. I just picked up something light.

Jolie, nice workout for being tired. I really like the last pair of weighted gloves I purchased. Cathe's I had to sew around the thumb openings so they didn't keep getting bigger and tearing. Sometimes it is just better to get the good stuff. I ordered mine from a company that Kelly Coffey had recommended.

Today I did a premix of Kick, Punch and Crunch. The premix I did entailed the Intermediate part and then the first two combo drills. I then added the 3rd drill because I like them all. Why the 3rd drill isn't included in any of the premixes is beyond me. Had a really good workout, my HR was up in the 150s most of the time which was cool. I also did the abs from this workout as well.

Total workout was 52 minutes, burned 315 calories. Avg. HR was 116 and Max was 170. I wish it would keep track of steps. I wasn't sure what to choose on my Fitbit workout section so I just chose "workout". I should have written down where I was with steps before I worked out and then I would have known. I had over 4,000 so then I got on my TM and walked 1 mile, I wanted to get to 7,000 steps which I did. That gave me additional 114 calorie burn. :)

Diane Sue - I know you did a cardio workout from Amy Bento the other day and you logged your step count for that workout. What did you set your FB to when you did that workout? I'm sorry to hear about your shoulders, I hope they get better soon.

Jolie - Nice workout yesterday even though you said you were tired.

Roselyn - Nice job with STS Legs, those are tough leg workout. I love STS.

Today I did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Pump workout #1 which is mainly boxing, 29 minutes, heart rate 135 avg./165 max, 189 calories. I then did Plateau Buster premix one and two split ( not exactly sure the title) This was 1 set of each move alternating between the two workouts 29 minutes(26 actual) 156 calories, 115 avg. /152 max heart rate. I went a bit lighter with this today as I did not want to overwork my shoulders. I finished off with Fit Tower Advanced Boot Camp mish mosh cardio lower, 29 minutes, 145 calories. Total time was 87 minutes, calories 490.
Plateau Buster Split 12 reps of all dumbbell exercises (These are done in a bit different order than just from workout 1 to workout 2)
Squat with Press 12's
Step front reverse fly 12's
jumps and jacks
squat with single front raise lift 15's
side lunge stance single rows alternating sides 15's
toe tap /jump repeater knee
lunge front and dumbbell push front 5's
stir the pot 8#
side lunge with lateral raise 15's
squat biceps curl at the bottom 15's
pendulum knee pops and pendulum
hip drop into high pull 15's
reverse lunge, pause bicep curl 15's
split switches and ski jogs
step out and alternate dumbbells front 3 5's
shake the paint 8#

I guess, I am going to have to call AT&T to see if they are doing anything about my replacement phone.

Debbie, I just put my Fit Bit on Workout now. I used to try to use yoga, and weights etc. I think it works best at just workout. Odd the Map My Fitness App that uses the Fit Bit heart rate will give totally different burns when I set it for different types of workouts. I have learned with it to just hit aerobic unless it is yoga or barre. For those I use conditioning(barre/ non weighted Fit Tower) and stretch and strength for yoga because it gives way to many calories for just yoga. At the point of finishing Plateau Buster this morning it's impact shows I already was at 1,254 calories before adding the calories for Plateau buster which was 156. I wonder how it would look if I did the workouts as soon as I got up. If you are wondering about the step count, click on your workout on the fit bit app, click on impact, for instance with Fit Tower cardio and lower mix, I had 1112 steps of 6,787 steps taken today.

Today is my rest day.

Debbie, nice job on KPC today! I am waiting for my new weighted hand gloves to arrive and I will start kick boxing again. I love it, it makes you feel really good and I like to take my aggression out while doing the workout. Nice job on the calorie burn. I always put my Fitbit on workout mode because then I don't have to change settings when changing my workouts from weights to cardio ect.

Diane Sue, Nice job with the Amy Bento workout. I wonder if I have that one, I cannot remember. I have to go through my dvds and re organize them and see what I actually have on the shelf! I love Power Strike kickboxing the most and then Les Mills Combat. Cathe's workouts are so good, but they are so high impact I am afraid I will hurt my back again.

Roselyn, I hope you had a nice workout today.

Have a wonderful day!

Jolie, I hope that you enjoyed your rest day. That Amy Bento workout was done shortly after she had her little girl. She did that one and one of her step challenge workouts that both came out at the same time. Another thing about changing settings, is I would forever forget and leave Map My Fitness on Abs or yoga when I would do a cardio workout. It is sort of my back up if I mess up with the Fit Bit, even if I accidentally pause or stop the Fit Bit it will still pick up my heart rate. Plus I can set my tablet up in view so I can see it while working out. I wish I could use the Polar app, but I am not going to pay a fee to use it with my Fit Bit. It is a lot better app and seems more accurate. With Aerobic work Fit Bit and Map my fitness are usually close with Fit Bit at workout and Map My Fitness at aerobics.

Today I did the Ripped Hiit Lift It, Hit It Shoulders from both workouts. Had an excellent shoulder workout. Love this series, it is really tough.

This is what I did from Chest, Shoulders & Tri's:

SHOULDERS
Barbell Overhead Press:
25# - 3 sets/10 reps
Superset w/
Upright Rows: 25# - 3 sets/10 reps
Finisher - Scarecrows: 5's - 15 reps - These burned like crazy!

Alternate Lateral Raise: 8's - 3 sets/10 reps
Superset w/
Front Raise: 12# - 1 set/10 reps; 15# - 2 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Lateral Raise w/Rotation: 5's - 15 reps - These also burned like crazy!!

Rear Delt Flies: 12's - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - One Arm Band Pulls: 20 Reps

Prone Rear Delt Flies: 5's - 2 sets/4 reps each side; 8's - 1 set/4 reps each side
Finisher - T-Band Pulls: 20 reps

Workout was 34 minutes, Avg HR 78, Max 118, burned 90 calories.

Also walked on my treadmill for 2 miles and burned an extra 220 calories.

Diane Sue - How did you get your step count putting you FB on Workout mode? Mine isn't registering steps in that mode. Really nice workout you had yesterday!! High fives!!!

Jolie - Where did you order your weighted gloves from? Cathe? I have some and should have worn them. I will next time. Love kickboxing workouts, I've missed doing them.

Today I did Amy Bento Ross Step Challenge Advanced #4 with the power ups, 64 minutes, 411 calories, heart rate average 137/ma 167,5,593 steps. I then did the abs from Amy's Step Challenge 3 abs #1 with a 15# kettlebell, 15 minutes, 61 calories, heart rate 110 avg./138 max, 249 steps. I finished off with Fit Tower Advanced Legs, Glutes, and core time save core + stretch, 18 minutes, 41 calories heart rate 97/126. 258 steps.
Total time 97 minutes, calories burned 513. Steps so far 6,952.
I am going to call AT&T and see if I can find someone besides the tech that deals with the replacement. I have an appointment this afternoon if that does not work out. I checked and August is 1 year since I purchased the original phone.

Debbie, my Fit Bit counts my steps no matter what I am doing or what mode it is set on. The app is where I see my workouts and can click on the individual workout and check the impact (steps from workout and total steps so far).

Diane Sue - Ahhh, I see. I just checked my app and the steps is on there. When I set my FB watch to do a Treadmill workout, it shows my steps. It doesn't for Weights or Workout setting. Cool, thanks for telling me that! I hope you can figure out what is wrong with that phone or get another one. How frustrating.

Debbie, they are sending me another phone, the third one. They told me to call Samsung and see if they can give me tips to avoid the same issue happening again. They asked if I wanted to do it through my warranty or file a claim on my service plan. I thought, why would I want to do the service plan when it is still under warranty? It costs me 250 dollars for another phone that way. The thing that really annoys me is I bought a brand new phone. after 7 months it messes up and they keep sending me "like new" phones. So I am basically getting my new phone replaced with a refurbished phone. I just want a phone that stays working. The last one was sent in May. I just get everything set up again and they have an update that messes it all up.
I am glad that you can see your steps now. I just discovered that feature of seeing exactly what a particular workout burns. I don't know why I never looked further than the first screen on the workouts. I use the first one to check the Fit Bit workout time so it can sync with My Fitness Pal correctly otherwise I get double workouts. If the time is exact it does not double my calories burned. Probably more complicated than necessary, but works for me. It also helps if I mess up and accidentally turn the fit bit to pause or off mid workout. Map My Fitness keeps going on my tablet and I can enter the workout through My Fitness Pal and it shows up in Fit Bit.

Yesterday I did Sharon Twombly All Body Attack mix cardio and abs, 49 minutes, 317 calories , 117 avg./162 max heart rate, 3,083 steps. I couldn't figure out why the average heart rate was so low here as there was quite a bit of impact and I felt I was working hard. I then did 4 Day Split Higher Intensity Step, 34 minutes, 218 calories, average heart rate 127/ max 168. 2,855 steps. I finished off with Barre Amped Upper stretch.
Today is my rest day. Family day today.

Today I walked 6 miles outside, 104 average heart rate/ 174 max. I burned 731 calories.

Diane Sue, Nice workout today! I wish I could do step but I have never been able to do it. I get too dizzy and feel like my feet will get tangled up and I would fall. Basic step ones like Athletic Step I could probably do it I really worked at it but the problem with using weights with the step, my ceiling in my workout room is very low. The weights would hit the ceiling. Bummer because when I have tried it, it really burns the quads and that is my problem area. I should try it again using the Cathe live workouts.

Have a nice day, I am going to BBQ today some chicken tacos!

Today I did Back & Chest from Ramped Up Upper Body. Went heavy and really felt it. This workout is just ok, the music is terrible. I hate that sync-type pop stuff. I ended up turning the music off. I feel like I need to do a rotation of some sort. I'm just floundering right now. Maybe I'll start STS next week. Not sure yet. I sort of want to do Body Beast again, but not quite sure on that either.

Back
One Arm Row:
30# - 16 reps
One Arm Back Fly: 12# - 10 reps
(Did this twice through, both sides)
Pullovers: 35# - 2 sets/10 reps
Rear Delt Flys: 12's - 2 sets/10 reps rest and then did it again
T-Band Pulls: Used Green Band

Chest
Chest Flys:
25's - 12 reps
Push Ups: Drop sets - 12/10/8 reps
Chest Flys: 25's - 12 reps
Push Ups: 4 sets - 2/2 count, 2 singles
Then I repeated this doing Incline Chest Press. I did the 2nd time around for pushups on my knees. I was fried!

Workout was 32 min, Avg HR 72, Max 126, burned all of 65 calories.

Then I walked on my TM for 2 miles. Burned an extra 216 calories.

Nice workouts, Diane Sue and Jolie!! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Have great workouts today!

Today I did the Fit Tower Total Body Lower body premix which does all of the lower body twice, 34 minutes(actual 28) 155 calories, 106/129 heart rate, 996 steps. I try to not spend too much time writing things down as this just moves from one exercise to the next. But, I did stop a bit to write and adjust. Also had to run downstairs and turn the light off after my husband left. Trying to work with the smart hours and electricity:) I then did Ripped with Hiit Lift it Hit it Lower body skipping the warm up, 39 minutes, 203 calories, heart rate 113 average/ 150 max, 1,358 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 358 calories. Lots of errands to get done today.
weights Fit tower
uneven squats 16 reps 25# right, 16 reps 25# Left
deadlifts 60# barbell 16 reps ?
elevated lunges 15's 16+15+1 right then same left
repeat same weights
single leg push down dips with fit tower 20# 16+15 reps right then on left
cross back lunges 20# 15,7,7,3,3,3,3,8 single reps right then left
repeat the same weights
RWH lower (I originally thought I would skip some of the jumping segments but ended up going for it, there is a mix with just the strength though)
squats 25's 24 reps squat digs 32 rep
plie squats 45# 16 reps plie jacks 16
static lunge right side 25's 16 reps split jumps then same on left side
squats 25's 24 reps pop squats 32?
plie squats 45# 16 reps narrow plie touch down jacks 24 reps
wood chop side lunges 10# 24 reps explosive side lunges 12# 20 reps
cross back lunges 20# 4+16 right 4+16 left lateral skates 32 reps
low pulse lunges 20's left then right 20's I think it came to 19 reps? Power circle scissors
dead lift 30's 16 reps snow angel jacks 20 reps
dead lift wide stance 25's 16 reps Frog jumps with quarter turns 10 reps
walking lunges 15's 6 passes of four scissor, scissor, tuck jumps 5/5

Debbie, I get more out of some of these workouts with the pre mixes than I do doing them as is. I am all over the place too, but right now it is working for me. I still in having neck issues so it is sort of how I feel. They said I had some degeneration in my neck so I must have tweaked something the wrong way a bit. Although I think coughing all night with allergies is not helping things. I wish we could go back to some of the type of music the older workouts use. The music makes it more motivating and fun. Sometimes I put in a dvd and as soon as the music starts, I take it back out. I have enjoyed going back to some of my older workouts. I think I have gotten sort of tired of Body Beast. Actually my Beach Body workouts in general. I keep passing over them when I look. Nice job burning an extra 216 calories after your weight workout. Upper body workouts are the worst for calorie burns.

Jolie, nice work with the walk and calorie burn. I have had lower ceilings before and have been surprised that I managed to still do step. Now, my daughter has a bedroom with such a low ceiling that I can jump from the floor and touch it. I have stayed with them before and tried to workout in that room. I doubt a step would have worked, even without risers. I love step. It was one of the first things I found in cardio that I loved. Then came weights and all of the results.

Today I did Les Mills Combat 30 using 1 lb weighted gloves. Then I jumped on the treadmill and walked one mile, 20 minutes, 3.2 speed and 6.0 incline. I ended my workout working Triceps. I loved this workout, I liked the variety and it went by fast. Workout was 1 hour 20 minutes, 125 average heart rate, 176 max and I burned 611 calories.

Lying Triceps Ext. DB's-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Lying Cross Body Ext. DB-
12# x 12, x 12, d 12

1 Arm Kickbacks-
10# x 12, x 12, x 12

Cable Triceps Pull Downs-
30# x 12, x 12, x 12

Debbie, nice Chest and Back workout today. Doing 2 rounds probably was a good idea but those pushups would have killed me. I am doing the same thing lately, just doing whatever for my workouts. I am enjoying it though, I do what ever I feel I can do based on my nights sleep and the time I have. My schedule is so busy right now I never know how much time each day I have for working out. Football started today and school starts in a week so I am so busy. I cant wait for the boys to go back to school so I can have a real schedule back and I can plan my workouts.

Diane Sue, Nice job on the Fit Tower workout. How do you like those workouts thus far? I see Cathe has another workout coming out later this fall. She is really working hard on bringing us new workouts a couple times per year. I probably will buy the new ones, I usually do.

Roselyn, I hope you are getting your workouts in and you are doing well.

Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.