Hardcore Fitness Maniacs checkin for July

Today I did Kelly Coffey Meltdown mix dumbbell meltdown which was the kettlebell swings with the upper dumbbell work in 3 rounds and workout boxing/heavybag 2 rnds after each set of upper for 3 rounds of weights and boxing. I liked this and it seemed to keep my heart rate up as well. 45 minutes, 278 calories, heart rate avg. 123/ max 172. I then did Fit Tower Total Body which took extra time to write down things and adjust things, 59 minutes, 242 calories. Total time 1 hour 44 minutes , 520 calories.
Meltdown dumbbells3 rounds with two boxing segments after each moves are around 1 minute each
kettlebell or dumbbell swings 15#, 25# 25#kettlebell
seated overhead press with feet off floor moving from one hand to the other 15# all 3 rounds
seated row and biceps curls 15's all 3 rounds
bench press skull crushers 15's all 3 rounds
boxing 2 rounds repeat two more times
Total body
uneven squats 25# 16 rep
deadlifts 55#
elevated lunges 15's16 reps/15 reps pulses
bench press 45# barbell 16 reps /second set different count
close grip bench press barbell 35# 16 reps,/ 2nd set different count
chest flys 15's 2 sets
drop set push ups bar height 3/2/1 12,10,8 reps
triceps dips 32 reps 2 sets
triceps kickbacks with band straight arm then kickbacks 32 reps 2 sets
static lunge lateral raise 10# set 1, 8# set 2
bonus band pull 120 reps
dumbbell touchdown overhead press 15# 12/12/
shoulders biarbell push press complex 30# 4 sets of the whole complex
biceps curls 35# barbell different counts and holds
bicep curl/W curl front leg raise 15# 12 reps 2 sets
single leg push down dips using bar and dumbbell 15# 16/ 15 low end pulse
crossback lunge 20# 15,7,7,3,3,3,3,8 reps
one arm row 25# 12 reps 2 sets I thought I may have done 16 reps the first set
seated lat pull down blue heavy band 32 reps
pull ups with tower 10 reps 2 sets
verticle pull ups 2/2 count then 2 singles 5 times

Deb, i always like the hangung curls in 4 Day Split.

Jolie , i hope that you get somebrest and feel better soon.

Roselyn, nice job with livevand STS.

Today I did the Kickboxing workout from 4DS again. I like that one, it's fun. I'll probably do a different one next week. Maybe KP&C.

Workout was 33 minutes, Avg HR 126, Max 168, burned 229 calories.

I also walked on my treadmill for 1.33 miles just to get more steps in.

Jolie - Hope you are feeling better today. It is miserable to feel like that.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday! You make me want to check out Kelly Coffey, I don't think I have anything from her. Where do you order her workouts at? I'm not sure I'll get them, but I'd like to see what they look like. I suppose I could Google Kelly. :)

Roselyn - Hope all is well!

Today I did Sharon Twombly Zero to Sixty, 71 minutes, 444 calories, 4,545 steps.. More fun time with my grandson today :)

Debbie, you can purchase Kelly's workouts from her website coffeyfit.com or Total Fitness, Amazon. She has a huge variety and I think you might like some better than others knowing what types of workouts that you usually choose. She is getting ready to do a boxed set with a nutrition plan included. If you go to her website, you can see clips and check out workouts. Also if you go to premixes, a lot of the workouts are there and worksheets as well. Check out her free Raw You Tube workouts. They are just done in her basement uncut or anything like that. One even is missing the last exercise and stretch because her camera battery ran out. She is working on that though.

Checking in late today, I did workout! Still feel awful but I pulled it out! Today was BACK. I should have gone heavier with each exercise but didn't want to push it so I did higher reps instead.

Wide Grip Pull Downs
15# x 15, x 12, x 12, x 12

1 Arm Rows-
25# x 12, x 12, x 12

1 Arm Hortz. Rows-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12

Pull Overs (2 dumbbells)
24# x 12, x 12, x 12

Rear Flies- (sitting)
10# x 12, x 12, x 12 (these hurt my low back a little)

Workout was 35 minutes and I burned 225 Calories. My max heart rate was 180, no way, but probably because I am taking sinus medicine that gets your heart rate up anyway.

Sweet dreams...

Today I did 4DS Shoulders, Calves & Core and had a great workout. Short and intense. Warmed up with GS Back, Shoulders & Bi's.

Round 1
Seated Overhead Press
- 8's/10's/12's/15's - Pyramid sets (16/12/10/8 reps)

Round 2
Alternate OH Press
- 15's - 3 sets/4 reps each side
SS w/
Upright Dumbbell Rows – 30# - 12 reps (used my barbell)

Round 3

Lateral Raises
– 10's/8's/8's - 3 sets/8 reps

Round 4
Front/Rear Raises
– 8's/8's - 2 sets/8 reps
SS w/
Rear Delt Flyes – 10's - 2 sets/12 reps

Round 5

External Rotation Pulls w/Band

Calves -
Love this calf work, it is a killer. Used 15's for the weighted segment

Abs - Love this ab work, gets the lower abs really well

Workout was 38 minutes, Avg HR 82, Max 121, burned 102 calories.

I then walked on my treadmill for 2 miles and TM said I burned 254 calories.

Diane Sue - Thanks, I will check out her website!! Nice workout and have fun with your grandson!

Jolie - Good workout even though you aren't feeling well. Nicely done!!

Hope you all have great workouts today and a great weekend!!!

I guess I was so busy yesterday I forgot to check in. I had so much going on all day. I did Shock Cardio Athletic Step yesterday, 48 mminutes, 345 calories, heart rate 136 avg/ 170, 4,454 steps.
Today I did Kelly Coffey Plateau Buster doing the two Harder mixes that incorporate the bonus moves into them. I skipped the warm up on workout 2 and the stretch on won workout 1. They still took a little longer than stated because of writing things down and on workout 2 there was a brief stretch so I went back and did the stretch from the main workout. Total time was 78 minutes, 461 calories. Bothj mixes had the average heart rate of 119 max for 1 was 165 and 2 was 161.
12 reps for everything except cardio was timed for a lot of it. 2 rounds on each workout of all the moves
workout 1
heavy dumbbell squat out with press 15,s, 15's
step front reverse fly 15's,15's
bonus roll attemps 12
jumps/ jacks 12 jumps jacks 30 sec
heavy dumbbells side lunge with lateral raise 15# ,15#
bunus squat thrust curls 12's 12 reps
squat with biceps curl at the bottom 15's,15's
toe tap jump/ 12 reps with 30 sec repeater knee
bonus flys with leg raise 12's , 12's
light dumbbell lunge front and push dumbbell front 8's,8's
stir the pot 8#,8
Workout #2 Harder mix
heavy dumbbell squat with single front raise lift 15's, 15's
side lunge stance rows 15's
bonus pommel horse
pendulum knee pope/ pendulum
Heavy dumbbells Hip drop into high pull 12's, 15's
bonus wieghted hip drop jump
reverse lunge pause and biceps curl 15's, 15's
split switches and ski jogs
bonus fast straddle
light dumbbells step out and alternate dumbbells front 3 8's, 8's
put one dumbbell down and shake the paint 8#, 8#
bonus modified pullover crunch 15's, 15's

Got to run to the store. I will come back for personals.

Jolie, you should just do what you feel you can do till your body mends itself and you are on top of things. Take care of yourself.

Debbie, nice work on 4 Day Split. I liked that this one had the calf work in it. My calves need a lot of work. They do not build easily.

Well, I finally am feeling better and I can breath!!! Yesterday I did not workout, I took my son to get his senior pictures done, he looked so handsome! Today I walked outside for 6 miles, 1 hour 50 minutes and I burned 659 calories. It is still really humid so it was tough to finish, I was dripping when I was done. It is hard to breath when it is humid, the air feels so heavy?

I have to think about what I want to do for workouts next week. I did enjoy what I did this past week so I may do it again. I think 2 body parts a day alternating with walking or cardio. My back is feeling great too so I am on my way! I have to order new weighted gloves for kick boxing, mine feel apart the last time I used them. They were over 10 years old so I wont complain...

Nice workouts everyone! Have a nice weekend.

Happy Sunday! Today I went for a long walk early in the morning to beat the heat. I walked 7 miles, 2 hours and 5 minutes, 810 calories, average heart rate was 107 and max was 165. I still have to take my dog for a walk so I will probably get another mile in this morning. Feeling so much better today health wise. I started taking a supplement called ZMA, zinc, magnesium and B vitamins. This combination of vitamins puts you in the REM stage of sleep when you take it before bedtime and it helps you release growth hormones. Let me tell you, I slept so sound I haven't awaken and felt this good in a long time. My kids started taking this supplement for muscle gains so I decided to try it myself. I love it!

Have a nice day!

Jolie, I use magnesium with zinc and a B complex along with a chewable B12. I had not noticed a difference in sleep. What has made a difference for me is moving the Bone Broth collagen to bed time along with a couple of cucumin/tumeric capsules and I have had longer deep sleep and rem sleep. When I get that, I feel much more energetic when I wake up in the morning. Now if I can just get the coughing and allergies to let up I would be doing great.

Today I did HiiT Chest & Triceps. Had a good workout. I like this workout ok although it seems like she just threw it together without much thought. I still felt every exercise, though, and went heavy.

Dumbbell Bench Press: 30's - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Pushups: 15 reps (did 9 on my toes and 6 on my knees)

Incline Dumbbell Press: 30's - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Tricep Pushups: 15 reps on my knees

Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Decline Pushups: 15 reps on toes on step but had to stop at 7 and then continue on to 15

Overhead Tricep Extensions: 30# - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Dips: 40 reps

Lying Barbell Extensions: 30# - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Kickbacks: 5's - 20 reps

Also walked on my treadmill for 2 miles.

I'll try to be back later, I have somewhere I have to be. Have great workouts everyone!!!

Roselyn - Sure, here it is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M6D29B8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Today I did shoulders only. I had to get up at 4 am to get my boys off for their camping trip to Catalina Island. I did not sleep well, it was hot and humid, Its Hurricane season off Baja, 3 swirling around off the Pacific Ocean. Yuck... Had an ok workout and I burned 207 calories

Shoulder Press Palms facing front DB's
20# x 12, x 12, x 12

1 Arm Lat Raise
12# x 12, x 12, x 12

Rear Flies
10# x 12, x 12, x 12

Upright Rows DB's
15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Shoulder Press Palms facing in DB's
20# x 12, x 12, x 12

I used my back brace and that really helped my back, I really like it.

My son got a call last night from the head coach of the University of Montana and he was offered a full college ride to come and play football! Last year, 13 of their players went in the NFL draft!

Debbie, great job on the weight workout and the two mile walk! I had two good walks this weekend myself.

Diane Sue and Roselyn, I will be back later to read your posts!

Have a nice day.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Muscle Up #2 lower body and arms, 35 minutes, 141 calories, heart rate 102 avg/ max 125. I followed this with one of her older workouts, Cardio Sculpt Fitness mix, cardio, 1 set lower(very brief 4 minutes) and abs, 38 minutes, 233 calories, avg hert rate 121/ max 153. This one was always kind of a fun workout. Total time 73 minutes, 374 calories.
Muscle Meltdown 2 sets of each superset before moving to the next
Sumo Squats 25's 8 reps, 8 reps
Bridges 25# 16 reps, 16 reps

alternating liunges counts as 1 rep, 25's 8reps, 8reps
stiff legged deadlift 35's 8 reps, 8reps

curtsy squats 25's 8 reps, 8resp
praying frog squats no weight 16 reps, 16 reps

flip curl/ pledge curl 20's, 17.5's 8 reps curl 8 reps pledge both sets
skull crushers 15's, 8 reps, 17.5's 8 reps

seated side curls 20's 8reps, 8reps
overhead triceps extensions 25# 8 reps, 30# 8 reps

hammer curls 20's 8 reps, 8 reps
kickbacks 15's 8 reps, 8reps

Debbie, nice workout today.

Roselyn, hope you can check in soon.

Jolie, that is great news that your son got a full ride offer. He really does have the offers coming in. I remember going to Catalina Island with my husband when we were dating 4 am in awfully early to have to get up and go out.

Today I did one of my Cardio Coach mixes. It's funny, I put all these mixes together and don't think I've ever done some of them. This was good but seemed to go on forever. I liked it, though. Knees are doing pretty good so happy about that!!

Workout was 50 minutes, ran 3.55 miles, burned 394 calories (TM said 480), went 7185 steps. Avg. HR 132, Max 170 and I was in the 160's for most of this workout.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday. Those workouts look so good, I really need to take a few minutes to check out her website.

Jolie - Nice shoulder workout, that one looked fun! Congrats on your son! I'm sure you are a very proud mama! Are you in Califoria or Florida? I can't remember.

So last week the lead singer from Linkin Park, Chester Bennington, took his own life and not a month earlier, Chris Cornell from Soundgarden took his own life. What is going on? I know they've both had disturbing pasts, but seriously? I love Seether and I know the lead singer, Shaun Morgan, had a horrible childhood as well. I'm waiting to read he is the next one to do this. What a waste. I love all these groups and I'm so bummed that two are gone. So sad...

Hope you all have a great day!

Debbie, so sad about the singers who took their own lives! I wonder what makes someone to that, can life be really that bad? I live in Hot Sunny California!

Today I did Ripped With Hiit Biceps and walked on the treadmill for minutes. Workout was 1 hour 14 minutes and I burned calories. Average heart rate was 120 and max was 157. I really like this Biceps workout, it is short but very effective.

BB Curls-
Narrow Grip- 35# x 12
Regular Grip- 35# x 12
Wide Grip- 35# x 12

Finisher-
W curls 12# DB x 20

Conc. Curls-
20# x 12, x 10, x 10

Finisher-
Crazy 8's BB- 25# x 24

Hammer Curls DB-
15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Finisher-
Crazy 8"s BB- 25# x 24

W Curls DB- 12# x 20

Debbie, great cardio workout today. I am so glad your knees are holding up. I hate having pain and having to work through it. Turmeric supplements have helped me quite a bit lately.

Diane Sue, great job on your last workout, well done. You are really getting some good ones in lately.

Roselyn, I hope you have a good workout today!

Hurricane weather again today, hot and humid but a totally overcast sky, I'll take it.

Have a nice day!

Today I did Amy Bento Ross, Hi/Lo Dynamics 55 minutes, 375 calories, heart rate 134 average/ max 166 (it is so odd that my Fit Bit phone app is often different than the watch usually a bit higher on avg heart rate and lower on calories) This workout was 4,812 steps. I am holding off on shoulders, as my neck is sore, otherwise I would have done workout # 1 of Muscle Up from Kelly. I guess, I should have done the first part which was chest and back supersets. The last portion is shoulders and core. Anyway, I did Ramped Up Upper time saver, double back, 32 minutes, 145 calories, heart rate 106/138, steps from this was 958? I guess picking up weights and walking over to write things down. I do like how the Fit Bit app tells you how many of your total steps is from the workout. One of my latest discoveries. Total time was 87 minutes, 520 calories.
Ramped Up Upper I did the same weights and reps the second time through so will just post the first time weights
One arm row R 30# 16 reps
1 arm fly R 10# 10 reps
One arm row L 30# 16 reps
1 arm fly L 10# 10 reps
One arm Row R 30# 16 reps
one arm fly R 10#, 10reps
One arm Row L 30# 16 reps
One arm fly R 10# 10 reps
Pull over 35# 10 reps
Pull over 35# 10 reps
rear delt fly 10's 10 reps twice
rear delt fly 10's 10 reps twice
T-Band Pulls 32 reps/ 16 reps
repeat all

Debbie, I heard that about the Linkin Park singer. I just think a lot of the time is medication etc, whether prescription or not has an adverse affect on peoples though processes added to their inability to find a way to put the past away from themselves and look for the good in life. It is terribly sad that people find the need to end their lives. Such a waste. Kelly's Muscle Up is a nice quick heavy weight workout that uses body weight and dumbbells and lower reps. It is nothing exceptionally different, but I think nicely put together. I contemplated that I could actually double that workout since it is not long.

Jolie, nice work today. We could sure use some rain here. We had an overcast day Sunday with a chance of rain. It hit near us, but no rain. I am getting tired of going out and watering every night. It sets off what I guess is my grass allergies. I put on a mask when I am in back, but when I go out front I take it off. I guess that is some vanity for you ;) I have to carry a bucket out front and dump it on my hibiscus. It has been around 100 and higher heat index for so long.

Today I did the Ripped Hiit Lift It, Hit It Back, Bi's & Shoulders although I skipped the shoulders and some back. I had a great workout, this one is tough.

This is what I did:

BACK
On Arm Row:
30# - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Barbell Underhand Rows: 30# - 20 reps
Finisher - Power Band Pulls - Skipped

Pullovers: 30# - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Barbell Overhand Rows: 30# - 20 reps
Finisher - Supine Band Pulls - Skipped

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
30# - 3 sets/12 reps
Finisher - Dumbbell W's: 10's - 20 reps

Concentration Curls: 15# -1 set/12reps; 17# 2 sets/10 reps
Finisher - Barbell Crazy 8's: 25#

Simultaneous Hammer Curls: 15's - 3 sets/12 reps - TOUGH!!
Finisher - Barbell Crazy 8's: 20#

Workout was 38 minutes, Avg HR 70, Max 106, burned 70 calories.

Also walked 2 miles on my treadmill and burned an extra 215 calories.

I'm sorry I haven't had much time for personals, I'm heading to an appointment and need to leave in 2 minutes. Hope you all have a great workout today!

Today I did Chest and Triceps. Workout was 48 minutes and I burned 277 calories. I woke up tired again so getting through this workout was tuff stuff. I warmed up by taking my dog for a 2 mile walk.

Chest Press DB-
25# x 12, x 10, x 10

Chest Flies-
20# x 12, x 10, x 9

Incline Chest Press DB-
25# x 12, x 10, x 8

Incline Chest Flies-
20# x 12, x 10, x 8

Lying Triceps Ext. DB-
15# x 132, x 10, x 8

Cross Body Lying Ext. DB-
12# x 12, x 10, x 8

1 Arm Kickbacks-
10# x 12, x 10, x 8

Triceps Cable Pull downs-
30# x 14, x 12, x 11

Debbie, nice workout today, I did that Biceps workout yesterday and loved it. Good job on getting the extra 2 miles in on the treadmill too!

Diane Sue, great workout yesterday! I haven't done any of Amy's workouts in years. I swear I need to go through all of my dvds and re organize them and see what I actually have that I haven't looked at in a long time. I purchased some new weighted gloves for kick boxing because mine fell apart but they are too big. I hate that, now I have to send them back and wait for a new pair to arrive. I love the ones I got from ironworks. They are expensive but they are the best. I am just going to bite the bullet and get them again.

Roselyn, nice job on STS legs, th0se were always tough workouts for me especially Meso 1 because Cathe moves at such a rapid pace.

Have a nice day, its hot and humid here again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.