Hardcore Fitness Maniacs checkin for July

Today I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Kick Stepboxing, 70 minutes, 463 calories. I then did Strong and Sweaty bonus abs, 13 minutes, 54 calories, and finished off with Suzanne Bowen's Barre Amped relaxation stretch 15 minutes, 33 calories. Total time was 98 minutes, 550 calories. OFf to trim hedges and do some sewing. :)

Roselyn, I see you are still loving the Cathe live workouts :) I enjoyed that workout too.

Today I did Xtrain Chest, Back & Shoulders. I had a great workout, love this one. I like all the exercises Cathe does in this workout except the Superman things. I burned my arm really bad on Thursday while using my oven. It is a 3rd degree burn right below my elbow on the back side. Man, that has been something to deal with. It is better better but really looks angry. I hope it heals soon. :(

Todays workout went like this:

Round 1
Tempo Pushups
- 24 reps (did all on toes except last 8)
One Arm Rotational Row - 16 reps - 25#
Side Leaning Lateral Raise - 16 reps - 5#

Round 2
Dumbbell Press on Ball
- 16 reps - 20's
"T" Band Pull - 16 slow, 10 fast
Shoulder Circle - 48 reps - 3's

Round 3
Reach Tap Push-Ups
- 24 reps (did all on toes)
"T" Prone on the Ball - 12 reps - 10's (this was hard, should have probably used 8's)
Alternating DB OH Press - 24 reps total - 15's (got to 22 reps)

Round 4
Chest Fly on Ball
- 16 reps - 20's
One Arm Row w/Tubing - 32 reps
Bent Over Rear Delt Drop Sets - 16, 12, 8 - 10's

Round 5
Lower Chest Incline Fly on Ball
- 16 reps - 8's (these are hard for me, not sure why?)
Dumbbell Pullover on Ball -16 reps - 25#
Double Arm Upright Row - 16 reps - 15's

Round 6
Incline Dumbbell Press on Ball
- 16 reps - 20's
Back Fly on Ball - 16 reps - 10's (could go up here)
Dumbbell "W" Press on Ball - 16 reps - 12's

Round 7
3-Way Chest Fly
- 16 reps - 15's
One Arm Row - 16 reps - 25#
Incline Hammer Front Raise on Ball - 12 reps - 5's

Round 8
Push-Ups - 12, 10, 8 reps (all on toes)
Superman "Y" on Ball - 32 reps - Skipped
Lateral Raise w/10-20 Degree Tilt - 12, 10, 8 - 8's

Workout was 55 minutes, Avg HR was 78, Max was 134, burned 147 calories.

Walked on my treadmill for 2 miles. TM said I burned 220 calories.

Diane Sue - Yes, I probably need to do different cardio workouts. I'd like to do kickboxing again, but the floor I workout on is concrete and I got rid of all my rubber flooring because the one cat that always has issues was eating it. (And I wonder why he has issues). So not sure it's safe to do that on the hard floor, I have enough problems with my knees. I may try one of them and see how it goes with my HR. You seem to have similar readings with your HR as well.

Have great workouts everyone!!

Last edited:
This morning I did Kelly Coffey Strength and Stamina both workouts combined ,79 minutes(supposed to be 63 but interruptions and accidently hit the remote once)414 calories, heart rate 114 avg/152 max. I then did a YouTube rebounding workout from Rebound Fit 24 minutes, 163 calories, heart rate 145 avg./177 max . This was a fun one.
Strength and Stamina: supersets 10 rounds done 3 times each with 8 of the rounds doing a 45 second kettlebell swing segment before moving to the next. No rest during rounds, weights at 12 reps each set The combined workout moves from round 1 of workout 1 to round 1 of workout 2 etc.
reverse pec dec 15's 12 reps
front squats 15's 12 reps with the option to hold one dumbbell as a goblet squat I stuck with the two 15's
repeat 2 more time
kettle bell swings 31

lateral raise to ceiling 10's
cardio leg jumps 10's
repeat 2 more times
kettle bell swings 26

supination curls 20's 12 reps
cardio leg split switch 12 reps
repeat 2 more times
kettle bell one handed swing 18 and 18

front curl reverse curl 1st set 12 of both moves then 2nd and 3rd set 6 reps of each move counting each to total 12 10's (need to up this)
revers lunge front lunge walk 10's (need to up this as well) 12 reps
repeat 2 more times
kettle bell one handed swing 18 and 18

single shoulder press 15# 12 reps all right then all left

suitcase dead lift 20's
repeat 2 more times
kettle bell figure 8 22 passes

front and lateral raise 10's 12 reps
cardio leg skaters 12 reps
repeat 2 more times
kettle bell figure 8

overhead triceps extension 20# 12 reps
lateral side lunge with figure 8 20# 12 reps
repeat 2 more times
kettle bell alternating swings

single straight arm to triceps kickbacks 12# 12 reps
cardio leg pop squats holding 12# dumbbell
repeat 2 more times
kettle bell alternating swings

alternating bench press 20# 12 reps
bridges with 20's 12 reps
repeat 2 more times

close bench press into modified pull over 12 reps cts 6 of each move 15's
bridge 15's 12 reps (I ended up doing this 4 times because I hit the remote and had to find my spot)
repeat 3 times
stretch

Debbie, nice job on the weights today. Maybe preview a few of the kickboxing workouts and use the portions that do not incorporate lots of jumping. I know hard strikes has lots of jacks in it. I find some are pretty low impact. Maybe you could just put out some puzzle mats and then pick them back up. Mine are all stacked in the corner of my workout space. The only thing for me is the carpet in my workout room is slippery and everything slides on it and the mats won't stay in place. I have 7/8 inch thick puzzle mats that will cover the entire room. I told my husband that I would like to get rid of the carpet and maybe put in rubber tile or something in it's place. I imagine it might be expensive. The wood we put downstairs would make no sense with weights and equipment drug all over it.
You could try some of Cathe's Low Impact like Ripped with Hiit Low Impact or something.

Sorry I did not check in all weekend but my internet was down! Saturday I did not workout, I had a football competition to go to all day. Sunday I walked outside 5.6 miles and burned 687 calories. It was so hot and humid I thought I would die, even though I went out at 7 am in the morning.

Today I did Cathe Live Strong Upper body and Core, minus the core. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 408 calories. I used the same weights that I used before my back started acting up. I really didn't loose any strength taking 3 weeks off lifting weights!

Debbie, great workout today! I love those workouts too! I am sorry to hear that you got burned really bad on the arm. I hope that heals quickly for you. My gym floor is hardwood so it has a little cushion to it, not much but better than concrete. I hate jumping on hard floors, my back hates it. If you have Les Mills Combat 30 there is very little impact and it kicks your but in minutes especially if you use weighted hand gloves. Otherwise they have some cheaper yoga mats for sale at TJ Maxx. You could put a few together to make a larger area for working out.

Diane Sue, Nice job on the workouts and those are some good calorie burns too! I haven't done either of those workouts but they look really good. I am avoiding any kind of impact workouts for this month, letting my back heal so I can ramp my workouts up next month. I have learned the hard way not to rush recovery from an injury.

Roselyn, I am so loving Cathe Live myself!

Its hotter than Hell here today and tons of fires everywhere! I pray for those fireman who have to go and fight the fires in this high heat. Basically the whole west cost is burning.

Have a nice day.

Jolie, it is always a good idea to take a longer break than jump right back into things. I did not that Kelly has a premix that skips the cardio leg segments on that workout. I held 2 and dropped to 1# dumbbells when doing the rebounder workout. I have no idea what the ladies in back were holding but they were small. I started with the 2# sand weights, shifted to the dumbbells and then dropped weight because it was fast and my upper body had had enough. Les Mills combat does not have a lot of impact except for on the two close to an hour ones and then still there is options.

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and had a great workout. Love this one.

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.71 miles, burned 307 calories (TM said 374) and went 5582 steps. Avg HR was 128 and Max was 173.

I also did the Ab work from KP&C and after that I view KP&C again and forgot how much I like that workout. I may give it a try on Thursday for my next cardio workout.

Diane Sue - Wow, your workout looked awesome! It looks like a fun one and shoulder burner for sure with all those kettlebell swings. Nice job!! I may try KP&C Thursday and see how it goes, If I feel like my knees are feeling it I will stop. Weird how I can run on my TM but not much else for impact.

Jolie - Wow, has it been three weeks since your injury already? Where does the time go? Nice job on your workout, glad you are lifting again. Just be careful. You are having really hot days and it's actually been cold here. Today it's humid and probably will go in the 80's, but the last couple weeks it's been low 70's if that and no humidity. Its been beautiful here this summer.

Roselyn - Nice job on your workout!!

Today I did Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge and Core Training, 79 minutes, 501 calories, heart rate 126/151. I wanted cardio and abs so this fit the bill really well. It is a busy week this week. Vacation Bible School at our church and my daughter and I are going to watch a video serieswhile my granddaughter is doing this. Friday my granddaughter has a music program she is doing after having a music camp all week, so every night this week we will be out. They come here after music camp during the day and stay for dinner:) It's fun. I need to try to get in a bit of housework today.

Debbie, I hope that Kick Punch and Crunch works out for you. I know my surgeon had said the best thing to do is cross train and not to stick with one type of workout. I think the repetitive daily stuff could probably be more wearing on the joints than if we do different types of work. I try to pay attention to if I am getting in a one type of workout rut. Sometimes I will look at my log and realize I have been really doing lots of step, or mostly kickbox, or too much plyometric type choices so I try to adjust. I love step workouts and tend to want to use them. I am getting better at doing more floor cardio than I used to do. Also the body adjusts after while ton almost anything we do. So, I guess change is good.

Roselyn, I thought the mish mosh live workout was fun.

No workout for me today. My youngest son got hurt at football last night so I spent the night at the hospital. I am exhausted... He is ok but he had to have surgery around his eye from being punched. No concussion, no broken eye socket just swelling, a lot of stiches and bruising. I hope you all have great workouts today!

This morning I did Xtrain Bi's & Tri's. Had an ok workout, wasn't really into it today. The burn on my arm was bothering me with this workout and also because I haven't had any coffee due to a mammogram today. Although I'm not technically having a mammogram done, I'm going to a Thermal Imaging place instead, you still can't drink coffee. That really effects me. I have a horrible headache and just can't wait to drink some when I'm done with the procedure. I'm grumpy, too, which isn't good. So the workout was just ok and I'm looking forward to this afternoon when my appointment is over with.

Round 1
Alternating Standing Curls
-12 reps - 15's
Standing Overhead Extension - 16 reps - 25#

Round 2
Incline Curls on Stability Bal
l - 16 reps - 15's
Flat Bench Tricep Extension - 16 reps - 12's

Round 3
Seated Concentration Curls
- 16 reps - 15#
One Arm Kickbacks w/Tubing - 16 reps - 8# no tubing

Round 4
"W" Curls w/Dumbbell & Tubing
- 16 rep - 5's
Seesaw Push-Ups on Ball - 12 reps

Round 5
Seated Hammer Curls on Ball
- 16 reps - 15's
One Arm Seated Overhead Extensions - 16 reps - 12#

Round 6
Preacher Curl on Ball
- 16 reps - 12# (Don't like these at all, I did a standing curl instead)
Side Leaning OH Extensions - 16 reps - 10#

Round 7
SlowMo Eccentric Curls w/Tubing
- 16 reps - 5's
Cross-Body Extensions - 16 reps - 10#

Round 8
Incline Reverse Curls on Ball
- 16 reps - 12's
One Arm Plank Kickbacks - 16 reps - 5#

Round 9
Hammer Curl Crazy 8's
- 24 reps - 12's
Crazy Dips - (Did some of these, she is crazy with these dips)

Workout was 45 minutes, Avg HR was 77, Max was 131 and burned 96 calories.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 2 miles.

Diane Sue - I know I should be changing up my workouts, but I just love running. I think I will try KP&C tomorrow, though, see how it goes. I miss kickboxing. I love the warmups Cathe has in Xtrain which is kickboxing movements.

Jolie - So sorry to hear about your son, I hope he will be better soon. Prayers out to him.

Roselyn - How do you like the Tower workouts? How are your parents doing?

Hope you all have great workouts today!!

Today I put in Kelly's Body Design thinking I would stop when I had had enough and ended up doing the entire dvd, 92 minutes, 543 calories, heart rate 119 average 170 max. Plateau Buster is out in my mail box. I just got the Amazon message. I will do that one Friday. I used 3's for the weighted kickboxing, 5's for the light weight cardio sculpting,, lower body strength 15's and 20's, 5# ankle weights for the chair work , upper body strength 15,20,and 30#. Steps, 4,976.

Debbie, I hope that the kickboxing works out for you. Once I started kickboxing workouts I wanted to do them all of the time. I am the opposite. I hate running and find it boring. That is part of the reason I don't get on the tread climber very much. Fitness equipment is boring to me. I am not much of a television watcher and I just don't concentrate on it enough to make the time go by faster either. I know many love their equipment and I know a lot love CC. CC does help encourage but it does not keep my interest either.

Today I did a Cathe Live workout, Express Upper Body and Core, minus the core. Workout was 45 minutes and I burned 361 calories. I haven't slept well in a couple of nights so I wanted something easier today. It is very hot and humid and it zaps all of my energy right out of me. Average heart rate was 118 and max was 159. Next time I do this workout I am going to go heavier on a few exercises.

Debbie, great job on the workout today. Those workouts look really great, I will go back to those in the near future. KPC is a tuff workout!!! Good luck with it and I am sure you will love it. Good luck with your breast exam today. I would die if I couldn't have some caffeine first thing in the morning!

Diane Sue, great job getting through that entire workout and what a great calorie burn! I feel the same way about the treadmill, that is why I walk outside all of the time. It seems like time goes by faster for me and I really enjoy the scenery. I usually use workout equipment for cardio if it is raining and I do not want to kick box. I am going back to it, the low impact workouts next week. I still have lower back pain so I am taking it easy. I cant wait to get back at it like before!

Roselyn, I will check back in to see what workout you did today! I am so glad you like the cathe live workouts too!

My son is doing better today. His eye is completely swollen shut from the impact of the punch and all the layers and layers of stitches he got. I hate when 18 year old seniors fight with a 15 year old sophomore! I wonder who is going to have all of the injuries!!!!! I hope that guy feels good about himself. He goes after my youngest son because he is so jealous of my oldest son dating the girl he wants to date. That will be the last time he hits my son. My oldest will not let that happen again. Don't you just love brotherly love!

Have a wonderful day.

Jolie, that is terrible that that young man had such jealousy and hatred that he would do something like that. Was it on the field? That is good that you are able to get back into some workouts. I know you are being smart and careful. That is good that his brother is standing up for him. That is the way it should be. It probably does not lessen your apprehension much. Is the young man going to get into trouble over this?

Debbie, I like the tower workouts I have to still do the total body one. My parents are good thank you for asking.

Today I did Upper Body another live one I so love Cathe Live.

Jolie that it terrible about your son

Today I did the 4DS Kickboxing workout and had a BLAST!!! OMG, I've missed those kinds of workout. Had a lot of fun and I'm glad I pulled this one out.

Workout was 33 minutes, Avg HR 130 and Max was 172!! Burned 239 calories.

Don't have time for personals today, gotta get going. Have great workouts everyone!!

I am not working out today. I am exhausted and feel I need to take today off. Stress is the silent killer! My sons eye is looking better today, he can actually open it a little. My oldest son almost got in a fight at football last night, sticking up for a younger kid getting pushed around by an older player. Tensions are high at practice lately!

Debbie, I am so glad you kick boxed today! I love it so much and cant wait to start again. It has been years since I did that particular workout. The 4 day split workouts are some of my favorite Cathe workouts. That leg workout is absolutely killer! Great job with the calorie burn and your max heart rate today!!!!!!!!

Roselyn, I love Cathe Live too! Which upper body workout did you do? My favorite is Strong Upper Body and Core. I am glad to hear that your parents are doing well. Mine are coming to visit on Sunday.

Diane Sue, I will check back in today to see what you did for your workout.

Saturday I will be taking the day off because my oldest son has a lineman tournament to go to and I am going with him. He got another full ride offer last night from Montana State University. Also, The University of Montana wants to fly us up and meet with him so they can offer him as well. I think he would like these schools because he loves hunting and fishing and the Great Outdoors! I am so curious where he ends up going to school in the end. Still have high hopes that UCLA comes through with an offer.

Have a wonderful day!

This mornings workout was Ripped With Hiit Low Impact Hiit both workouts extreme mix, 51 minutes, 335 calories, heart rate 136 avg. / 173 max. I also did Fit Tower bonus abs 12 minutes, 38 calories. Total time 63 minutes, 373 calories, 4,646 steps. I just got back from running some errands with my grandson and got lunch and gas so I could get back and thow some chili in the crockpot for this evening . I came back and had protein powder mixed with melted extra dark chocolate chips, honey and dried blueberries. That seems to be my mainstay lately when I am busy. I have started trying to eliminate the nut butter, to cut down on some of the fat. I think I would like to try to lean my hips back out a bit. I have not gained weight, but my capris and white slacks are extremely tight this year. My body fat is not up that much. It is running about 17%. Maybe it is gravity!!! I don't know, I have done a lot o glute work. Maybe I am building my backside up. Just thinking about what course to take on my workouts. I don't really want to lose weight though. I am at 116.

Roselyn, nice work and glad that you are really enjoying the live workouts.

Debbie, that is a fun and quick kickbox workout. I am glad to hear how much that you enjoyed it. Great job on the heart rate and calorie burn.

Jolie, that is good that your son is standing up for the younger guys. It sure sounds like you could use some stress relief.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.