Hardcore Check In for May 2017

Debbie I would probably be tired of the cardio coach workouts myself. I have a hard time sticking to a full rotation with the same instructor without adding some others in with it. I think I would start to dread doing it. I am glad you love it so much. I am pretty sure your calorie burns are higher. I don't know about the heart rate though. I can be very low sometimes for how hard I feel I am workiing. For me I don't think Fit bit works so well picking up a weight workout though. It seems great for pretty much everything else. If I look at the met values for some of Cathe's weight workouts they are up there with cardio. I just don't think the oxygen uptake is the same as with cardio for me so my met values and calorie burns are much lower than hers. It is pretty much an individual thing and I think it is good that your heart probably does not have to work so hard to get the job done. I think I would prefer the did with individual parts. YpSometimes those with several combined are not something I want to do when one area is feeling overworked.

Today my legs are very sore from running on my elliptical yesterday. I did an Interval setting, 2 minutes lower incline lower resistance and 2 minutes high incline with a higher resistance. I suppose that is how I got such a high calorie burn because I had to work so hard on the high resistance. I was dripping after 16 minutes!

Today I did CHEST. I did 3 exercises, 4 sets per exercise with a 2 minute rest between sets. I went to failure on each set. I really am getting so strong!

Warm up Chest Press DB-
15# x 16

Chest Press DB-
32# x 14, x 12, x 11, x 10

Chest Flies-
25# x 13, x 10, x 10, x 8

Incline Chest Press DB-
30# x 12, x 10, x 9, x 8

My Chest is fried. I was going to do incline flies but I am too tired today. I burned 210 Calories. Average heart rate was 102 and max was 157.

Debbie, Nice Cardio Coach workout today! Good job in getting so many steps in by early morning! Do you find that running is enough for your legs in terms of exercise? I find my legs look pretty good from all of the walking but the front of my legs are soft looking. I incorporate leg extensions to firm the quads and leg curls to help the hamstrings. I think if I start running on my elliptical with a higher resistance I might be able to firm up my overall legs.

Diane Sue, I hope your dog is ok. Good job on the weights yesterday. Do you still have your tread climber? Is that harder than walking on an a treadmill or running on an elliptical? You cannot run on that piece of equipment correct?

Roselyn, I hope you had a fantastic workout! I hope your parents are doing well.

I have such a busy week! Tomorrow is a big event at the school, college coaches coming to watch the football team and then we are doing a big BBQ for them afterwards. Hopefully my kids do well. Thursday is school and then the Prom! Friday there is no school because next week finals start. Next Wed. is the last day of school!!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Today I did Cardio Core Circuit, 51 minutes, 386 calories. I then did Ab Circuits Med ball abs no partner and weights and plates no plates, 22 minutes, 83 calories. Total time was 73 minutes, 469 calories. My granddaughter has her graduation from the vo tech today. She has her high school graduation on Saturday and a celebration afterward. Sunday is a double birthday party for the two that will be 17. It is a busy week we have planned.
The vet called after I got home from dropping off a sample and picking up my new reading glasses and said there was nothing that really stood out and to keep my dog on the antibiotic for the week. He wanted to check to see if there was a ph problem or something like that, She ate last night with some urging and this morning I think she was hungry because I had no problem. I am glad I do not have to take her back and she does seem better today.
Storms are coming in tonight. I wonder why they have to come after I go to bed at night.

Jolie, nice job on the chest work today. My chest, front shoulders and lats are all sore after yesterday's STS 1. So many push ups yesterday and then there was some today in Cardio Core Circuit. We have had the Tread Climber for about 5 years now. I really like it. We have the best one that goes to 4.5 mph. It is very hard to go that fast on the treadles without holding on. Well, I should say, I have to keep 1 hand on when moving that fast and I don't stay that fast at one time. I do it at intervals. You are climbing, there is tension that can be adjusted, and you are walking at the same time. It is a very good workout. My husband is using it almost every day, We got it after I had the knee surgery since there is not the impact. It is hard to describe. I find it harder than the treadmill because you are also stepping on some tension so the incline and tension together make it hard. They have finals here next week too. My granddaughter stays here during her finals days since it is close to the school. She goes and takes the final and comes back and hangs out till time to go back to her job doing after care. School is out Thursday next week, I think. I am picking up my grandson, 6 at 11 that day.
You have a busy day planned tomorrow. I hope it all goes well for you.

Today I did RIPT90 Arms & Shoulders and had a good workout. I upped the weights and got my HR up a bit more, but I was no where near as drenched as the people on the workout were. WTH? They look like they've been doing Body Beast or something. It's weird. Although these workouts are intense, they don't rate that kind of sweating. Oh, and the people on this workout have HORRIBLE form!!!

This is the workout:
SETS 1 & 2 - doing these in circuit style going from one exercise to the next
Reverse Grip Chin Up: 10 reps - Used my blue bands
Shoulder Press: 15's - 10 reps
Triceps Kickbacks: 10# each arm, first set was 5 reps, second set was 10 reps. Not sure why
Alternate Hammer Curls: 20's/17's - 10 reps
Upright Row: 15's/15'2 - 10 reps
Overhead Triceps Extension: 30# - 10 reps

SETS 3, 4 & 5
Curl to Overhead Press: 15's - 10 reps
One Arm Triceps Extension: 10# - 10 reps each arm each set

This workout is only like 24 minutes so I did the ab work from KPC. Love that ab workout.

Workout was 38 minutes, Avg. HR 76, Max 114, burned 77 calories. It's funny, on the booklet it shows the calorie burns for each workout (not sure if that is for men or women or just an average) but it shows this workout should burn 251 calories. I beg to differ with them. LOL!!!

I also walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Jolie - Yes, my legs are lacking. I'm hoping to start some leg workouts this week. Running does add some muscle, but not like strength training. MY knees finally feel better so I may do a leg workout on Friday. Nice going with your workout!!!

Diane Sue - Not sure why I love CC workouts so much. They are awesome!! Nice workout yesterday!!!

Roselyn - How are you liking RIPT90???

Today I did Ript90 Metabolic Mania consisted of 3 circuits done 3x
circuit 1
10 slalom press (skaters while punching light dumbbells)
10 spiderman pushups
20 tuck umps

Circuit 2
10 Mountain climbers
10 burpees
20 squats

Circuit 3
10 Step Outs
10 dumbbell swings
20 jumping lunges

then I did Arm Annihilator
15 bicep curls to overhead press (3 sets)
15 hammer curls (3 sets)
5 jumping jacks to 5 tricep pushups (8 rounds)
5 bicep curls with heavy weights (10 sets)
15 tricep dips (3 sets)
5 chin ups (10 sets)
ended with 50 sit ups (3sets)

Debbie I like these workouts, the ones today are from the get ripped Ript90, I found the excercises on someone's blog

No workout for me today. My youngest son had his nose broken last night at football so we were at the doctors first thing this morning. Tomorrow at noon he will have it reset. Also, my oldest son has his prom tomorrow evening so I am loosing my mind right now! I will try to get a workout in the morning just for sanity reasons.

Good job on all of the kick butt workouts today!!!

Today I did Rock Out Knock Out premix 1, 38 minutes, 269 calories. I followed this with STS disc 3 legs, 54 minutes, 233 calories. I looked over disc 2's exercises and decided I was not ready for straddle push ups and superman again. I did superman again with cardio core circuit yesterday and more push ups after Monday's STS 1. I will do disc 2 on Friday. I am still sore from Monday. Total time was 92 minutes, 502 calories. I had to go to Walmart to get my curtain rods. Still waiting for the curtains, but I am loaning my grandson my car to go to school tomorrow so my husband can take his car to the shop. So far today I have 7, 295 steps. Not sure if I will get the 10,000 in today. You would think all of the running around and stuff I did in the yard would have done something.
weights today
walking lunges/plie squats; one leg touch down squats, firewalkers no weight
one leg elevated lunges 20# x 8 r
deadlifts wide stance 25# db's x 15 r
one leg slide back lunges 15#'s 16 r
side slide lunges 15# 16 r
wall squat with ball and leg extension body weight 10r
squats 20#'s 16 r
calf raises 20#'s 10r 4 times
front lunge same leg 20#'s 15 r
stiff legged dead lift on platform 25#'s 15 r
wall squats double leg 15#'s 8
lateral step ups 20# 15 r
drop side lunges stand with knee lift 15# 15r
sequential lunge into front kick combo 12#'s 15r
squats narrow stance 20#'s 15 r
calf raises dumbbells 20#'s 10r 4 times
deadlifts wide stance 25#'s 15 reps
bonus: pulse leg to side straight leg 24 r L&R; bent leg pulse to side balance paper plate 24 r; front/back fan kicks 12 r front and back 24r; calf raise body weight 25 r; tibialis press and pulls with stability ball 25r

Debbie, I would bet you are at least double that calorie burn. I have seen them huffing and puffing like the weights were so heavy and sweating like crazy on workouts and wondered at it because that was not the case with me. I have wondered if some do it for show maybe? It is good we can recognize good form and bad form. I see that sometimes and I can ignore it. It would be too bad for someone newer that followed that form thinking it was right.

Roselyn, the workout dvd is Barre Amped Bounce with Suzanne Bowen. It is a rebounder workout. She has the Jump Sport with the Bar and does the workout with the bar attached to the rebounder. I don't like the wobbly bar on my Urban Rebounder so follow what someone else does. I use the Fit tower under the rebounder with some weight plates on it to keep it in place. She uses her body weight on it for some moves. It can be a total body workout or is set in segments each around 13 to 18 minutes. She does some jumping on the rebounder in between the strength moves, uses dumbbells on the upper. There is one section that is cardio bounce. I intensify the bouncing myself and add some when she is explaining what she is going to do next. That looks like a good workout that you did today.

Jolie, I could understand a rest day after the broken nose and have the prom coming up. I bet you are under a lot of stress.

Today I did not feel like running so I just walked on my treadmill at a fast pace on a 3% incline for about 55 minutes. My HR didn't get up that high but at least I did something. Just didn't have it in me to do much intensity today.

Workout was 55 minutes, went 2.78 miles, burned 285 calories and went 6687 steps. Avg. HR was 80, Max was 99.

Hope you all have great workouts! Been 90 degrees here for the past two days, supposed to be today as well. Odd for May.

Jolie - Sorry to hear about your son, ouch!!! Hope he heals quickly!!!

No workout for me today. I am taking my son to get his nose re-set and then I have a ton of things to do for Prom tonight! That is all I can do without loosing my mind!

Have a great day!

Today I did Party Rockin Step 2 Extreme premix 8 combos plus finished product, 62 minutes, 405 calories, 126 average/ 161 max heart rate. I then did STS abs circuits stability ball abs 20 minutes, 66 calories. 95 avg./117 max heart rate. I finished off with Barre Amped Advanced Active Stretch, since I wanted a good stretch. My legs are sore. I don't think I have had this much doms in quite some time. Maybe I need to do more rounds of STS meso 1. I watched the You Tube with Kelly Coffey and her brother doing the heavy bag workout. I saw that she did some stuff with light weights as well. I checked Meltdown and she has a mix on there that combines the weights and heavy bag in intervals that would be similar , but maybe heavier weights. I was contemplating doing that You Tube with STS dis 2 back and triceps. They are having tornados in out state. They haven't hit here yet. My husband went out and maneuvered the vehicles to get my Chevy Spark in the garage. We got a Honda Motorcycle that is huge and takes up a lot of room , so with the Lincoln in there there is not much room. Hopefully the storms die down. They have already had some hit in other areas where people are trying to clean up.

Jolie, I hope things go well for you today. Get some rest when it is all done. I hope your son's nose heals well.

Debbie, Nice job getting the workout in anyway. You got quite a few steps non the less. We have had warm humid days but not quite that hot here, 85 right now.

Today I did Shoulders. Wow, I was tired but had a good workout. Each set was to failure with a 2 minute rest between sets. 6 exercises with 3 sets each. I burned 289 calories, average heart rate was 115 and max was 152.

Warm up Overheard Press 15# DB x 15

Seated BB Overhead Front Press-
45# x 12, x 10, x 8

1 Arm Lateral Raise-
15# x 12, x 10, x 8

Upright Rows DB-
20# x 12, x 10, x 8

Rear Flies-
15# x 12, x 10, x 8

Front/Rear Raise DB-
10# x 12, x 12, x 12

Seated DB Overhead Press-
20# x 15, x 12, x 10

Shoulders are fried! My son looked so good at the prom and my other son had his nose re-set yesterday and that was BRUTAL!!!! I am wiped out from all of the stress.

I will be back later to read your posts.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Meyer raw YouTube boxing, 29 minutes, 148 calories. I wore the gloves and used the heavy bag, but paused to pull off the gloves and do 3# dumbbell upper cuts etc with Kelly. Then put them back on for the next round(3 rounds). Her brother had gloves with the fingers out so he did do some other moves like overhead press alternating during the second set of weights. Anyway it made the workout a couple of minutes longer for me. Kelly does not use the gloves and heavy bag. I liked the workout. No jumping around, although I did some light jogging between moves. It is boxing and not lower body. She does some ab work at the end. I then did STS disc 2, it seems like the workout card is a bit off? Maybe I just missed something as the card has 1 arm row as the second move which I don't recall doing and is missing one arm row before the last set of deadlifts. Anyway, I started out with the wrong dvd and did that warm up which I did not count, then I paused to write something down and lost 10 minutes of the workout. Map My Fitness kept running though so I was able to come up with something. Although MMF had me at 311 calories with it set for Upper Body Strength. I chose the reading from my Calories burned based on average heart rate, so that took it down a lot. 56 minutes, 197 calories, heart rate 97 avg./135 max. I finished off with Kelly's Body Design Yoga, 13 minutes, 44 calories.Total time was 98 minutes, calories 389.
weights today
lat pull downs with band, 12 r green
dumbbell row both arms 20's 21 r
dips on chair 16 r
straddle push ups 10
chin ups (fit tower) 12r
seated overhead extensions one db 15# 15 r
one arm row db 25# 15r
T pull with band green 26 r
flat bench triceps extensions barbell 35# 14r
barbell rows 50# 21 r
y's with band green 36r
kickbacks 1 arm 15# 15r (this was too heavy for that hold at the end and I had to put it down to finish the hold)
one arm horizontal row 25# 15 r
deadlifts 50# barbell 8r (they used dumbbells)
close grip bench press 15# db's 15r (could have used 20's but theses sometimes bother the front of my shoulder)
one arm press down with band green 36r
chin ups Fit tower 15r
seated overhead extensions both arms db 25# 15r
barbell rows 50# 21r
double arm rows with band green 36r
side leaning 1 arm overhead extensions on ball 12# 15r
one arm row 25# 15r
deadlifts 25's 8r
kickbacks double arms 12's 15r
pull ups Fit tower 15r
cross body kickbacks 15# 15r
lat pulldown with band doubled green 10r
side lying 1 arm push up bodyweight 16r
superman on floor arms and legs elevate 24r

Jolie, I bet you are done with the stress! I hope today is good. I bet your son did look nice for the prom. You should deal with girls and the hair and makeup and nails and dresses! Talk about stress. How is your son feeling after the nose break and reset? I bet it hurt. Good job with the workout today.

I did workout today, just no time to post. I will post now.

I did Legs & Abs from RIPT90. I like this one but it's way short (even too short for me) so I added another set to it.

Sets 1, 2 & 3 (added 3)
Hanging Knee Raise: 10 reps
Sit Ups: 20 reps
Crunches: 20 reps
Straight Leg Deadlifts: 25's
Squats: 15's
Static Lunges: 8# Med Ball
These are done all in a row, no rest and little rest before starting it over again

Sets 4, 5, 6 & 7
Superset
Goblet Squats (I did plies):
15# - 10 reps
Tuck Jumps (I tried this and it killed my knees, I jogged in place)
These are done in superset form, one set right after the other, no rest.

Workout was 32 minutes, Avg. HR was 86, Max was 130. Burned 103 calories.

My knees did not like this workout much but I sure did. It was fun and fast. My knees are ok now but were hurting when I got done. Hate that, I really need to start working my legs.

Diane Sue
- Nice workout, I'm not much for heavy bag workouts. It would probably be fun for a change of pace, though. Sounds like you got a great workout in!

Jolie - OMG, I bet that was awful. I don't think I could have been in the room if my step son got his nose put back in place. Holy crap, that just gives me the shivers. I hope he's doing better.

Roselyn - That's cool that you got the workouts for the RIPT90 set. It looks interesting. I think I'm going to order that set as well.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Debbie, that does sound like a short workout. Doing it with little rest would make it tough. I would think that it is pretty effective. I think the knees need to be worked slowly into some of those impact moves to build the strength they need to do the jumping. If mine feel weak, I lay off of them a bit now. It was a lot of trial and error after the knee surgery and took quite awhile before I could venture back into some of my workouts again.

Today I just had time for a short workout before the graduation. I did Shock Cardio Hiit 20/40. I am working through the Shock Cardio. Workout was 30 minutes, 237 calories. We went to lunch and I had to take two of the curtain panels they sent to Fed Ex. Out of 11 panels they sent two another color. The after graduation party wasn't till 3. It has been a busy day.
It was beautiful today. We road the motorcycle to the party and then road around the lake before coming home. This is the first time I have been on it since we purchased it.

Boy is it HOT again today, it is suppose to be 100 degrees! I got out early and walked 7 miles and it took me 2 hours. I burned 804 calories. Average heart rate was 111 and max was 177! I walked up long steep hills and that was really tough!

Diane Sue, I hope the graduation was awesome! Also, good job in getting a workout in despite being so busy for the day! I love that you road the motorcycle!!!

Debbie, great job on that workout! Those tuck jumps are tough, I cant do them either, they hurt my lower back. I have to do traditional leg exercises or otherwise I have issues too! I like, squats, plié squats, front squats, slide back lunges using discs, leg extensions, leg curls, lateral fire walkers, and deadlifts. That is about all I do when I work legs.

Finals start for my boys tomorrow so It is time to get them up to start studying. Yesterday my oldest son had a lineman competition and he won his division!

I love Sundays!

Rest day today. Church, birthday party for my two 17 year old grandchildren, yard work, bathed the dog, scrubbed the bath that I gave the dog a bath in, now relax,. My granddaughter just came in to stay a couple of days while she does finals. It saves he driving the distance to her school since they live out in the country. This way she has time to come back to study before heading back since she works the aftercare at her school.

Jolie, nice long walk. I don't really go that high with tuck jumps unless I am using the rebounder for it. I used to be able to do it. Now I think my legs really feel it on the landing. I am prone to modifying or adding another move. The same with the flying jacks or whatever they are. My legs are not going to fly out that far before I land back on my feet.
I love Sunday too. Finals start here too. That is great that your son won his division.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.