Hardcore Check In for May 2017

Today I started with Powerstrike 6 warm up and punches only. I used my 1 pound gloves. I burned 160 calories. Next I did Pyramid Upper Body Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps only. Then I walked 1 mile on the Treadmill at a 6.5% incline for 20 minutes. Total workout I burned 545 calories. My average heartrate was 116 and my max heartrate was 177.

Pyramid rep range is 12/10/8/10/12

Shoulders-
Seated Rear Flies - 5#, 8#, 10#, 8#, 5#
Lateral Raise/ Front Raise- same

Triceps-
2 arm kickbacks- 5#, 8#, 10#, 8#, 5#
lying Extensions- 8#, 10#, 12#, 10#, 8#

Biceps-
Hammer Curls to Tradional Curls- 10#, 12#, 15#, 12#, 10#

I let my fitbit run after my workout while I made breakfast for my kids and I burn 200 more calories in the 30 minutes after my workout. I love the after burn effect.

Diane Sue, I love your new photo you added!

Have a nice day.

Today I did my workout and then we went out on the motorcycle and rode to a lake and had lunch. I came back and tortured myself through the crowd at Walmart since I will have grandchildren here next week and am making a birthday dinner for my Grandson's birthday that is Monday.
My workout today was Kelly Coffey Body Design using the warm up and bootcamp cardio segment (no weights in this) 18 minutes, 122 calories. I then did STS disc 12 legs, 57 minutes, 278 calories. Total calories was 400. Only 5,244 steps so far today. Yesterday I got 11, 169 which is great for me.
Weights today
squats 16 reps + plie squats 16 reps 20's
4 point alternating lunge bodyweight 4
firewalkers blue band
one leg elevated lunge 20# 6 reps
deadlifts wide stance 25's 15 reps
front lunge same leg 20's 16 reps
squats 25's 15 reps
calf raises 20's 10 reps x 4
leg press 20# 15 reps
one leg slide back lunge 15's 16 reps
side slide lunge 15 16 reps
stiff legged dead lift on platform 25's 15 reps
wall squats double leg 15's 8 reps
lateral step ups 15's 15 reps
one leg sit and stands 15# 15 reps
squats narrow stance 20's 15 reps
calf raises 20's 10 reps 4 x
one leg deadlift toes elevated 3/1 ct. 25# 12 reps
static low end lunge same leg 3/1 ct 20's 12 reps
one leg sit and slide 15# 15 reps
calf raises 25's 34 reps
bonus body weight with stability ball outer thigh lift, hamstring roll in, one leg hamstring roll in, frog style roll in, inner thigh squeeze toss, glute squeeze

Debbie, it will be interesting seeing your workouts with the new workouts and hearing your thoughts. I have been doing the pull ups with my Fit Tower and feet extended straight out in front of me. It works way better than the band. I think she does them on some of the workouts with the fir tower and her legs crossed up under her. Good job on the workout.

Roselyn, that is cool that you found the series posted online. So you just do it without the follow along dvd?

Jolie, nice way to put together the Pyramid workout. Those biceps pyramids always have me struggling on those last couple offsets. 200 calories is great for 30 minutes afterward.

Today I did STS Shock Cardio workouts, MMA Fusion, 50 minutes, 118 avg. heart rate/153 max. I don't know what is up with the low heart rate. I guess because this one has lots of boxing movement and not a lot of impact and movement around the room. I then did MMA Boxing skipped the warm up and did the first to segments of combos, upper blitz, and lower blitz, core conditioning, and stretch, 34 minutes, heart rate 121/168. This is the one that I remember the impact. There is a lot of jumping drills, and fast feet shuffles that are the leg blitz segments. That is where the heart rate got up. I wore my 1.5# gloves for this one. These have never been great calorie burners for me but they sure work the core and arms well. I will put the other part of Boxing together with the heavy bag on that dvd sometime next week. I may go back and do the Circuit blast in it's entirety Monday since I will have limited time. 2 more hiit workouts to do to complete all of the Shock cardio workouts. Total workout time today was 84 minutes, 511 calores. 5,324 steps. Have a wonderful Memorial day weekend.

I received the RIPT90 workouts yesterday so today I tried Chest Shredder. OMG, the title is exactly what this was. I think I'm really going to like these workouts, this one was one freakin' tough workout. Jody kept saying it was 20 minutes but it was 40. I didn't mind, I had time today so I enjoyed it.

This is the workout:
SETS 1, 2 & 3
Wide range Pushups: 15 reps
Shoulder Width Pushups: 15 reps
Triceps Pushups: 15 reps
T-Bar Pushups: 5 reps each side - 5# each side (last set I used no weight, I was fried)
(this exercise is done in Body Beast in one of the shoulder workouts, pushup and then raise your arm up while holding a weight)
Chest Flye: 15 reps - 25's 1st set, 20's 2nd and 3rd set
Chest Press: 15 reps - 30's 1st set, 25's 2nd set, 20's 3rd set (by the third set, I about died)
Situps: 25 reps (here I did full situp for 1st set, then I did reverse crunches for the 2nd and 3rd set and was able to do 30-35 reps)
You do all this straigh through with hardly any rest. The situps are an "active recovery". Rest a few seconds and then start over. Did this three times through.

SETS 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8

Elbow Planks: 5 sets/30 second hold

That was the cool down, LOL!!! I did some stretching afterwards on my own. My chest was BURNING!!! OMG. Loved it!!!

Workout was 40 minutes, Avg. HR 75, Max was 124, burned 74 calories which is bullshit. I was sweating and breathing hard through this one. I know I burned way more.

Happy Memorial Day and God Bless our Vets!!!

Debbie, great Chest workout! I would die if I did that many pushups!!! I am proud of you, your a BEAST! I might order those workouts. Let me know exactly which ones I need to order, it sounds like there are a couple different ones to choose from.

Yesterday I walked 5.3 miles and burned 624 calories.

Today I walked 5.6 miles and burned 648 calories.

It has been so nice lately I just wanted to be outside. Tomorrow I will start lifting again. I was really sore last week so I wanted to give my body a rest.

Roselyn, I am sure you are so proud of your son!!! Great job on the full scholarship!!!!! Wow!

Diane Sue, You have been killing it with your workouts. Are you going to buy the workouts that Debbie and Roselyn are doing? I am thinking about getting them myself.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day! Cheers!

Today I did Cardio Coach 6 w/Candance but skipped Challenge 3. I didn't have time to do the whole thing. Had a great workout and man did I sweat. A big difference now that there is humidity in the air. Love this workout.

Workout was 48 minutes, ran 3.11 miles, burned 360 calories (TM said 454) and went 6506 steps. Avg. HR was 112 and Max was 173.

Jolie - Thanks on the pushups. That was 135 pushups not counting the T-Bar Pushups. That is an extra like 30 reps I think. I did most of them on my toes, but with the 2nd and 3rd sets I went to my knees about half way through. I am feeling it today. Nice job with your walks this weekend!

Diane Sue - I like doing pullups the way you described with the Fit Tower as well. I have one of those Perfect Pullup bars and it adjusts down far enough to the floor where i can do them like that. Sometimes I just don't want to do them like that, though. LOL!! I never feel anything with the bands. Nice workout on Saturday!!! I hate going to Wal Mart!!!

Roselyn - Hope you had some good workouts this weekend!!!!

Today I did CHEST. I did four exercises, 3 sets per exercise with a each set to failure. I rested 2 minutes between sets, I am tired today and it showed in my reps. Oh well...

Chest Press DB-
30# x 12, x 10, x 9

Chest Flies-
25# x 12, x 10, x 8

Incline Chest Press DB-
30# x 12, x 10, x 8

Incline Flies-
20# x 12, x 12, x 12 ( I usually do 25# but I am too tired today so I went lighter and upped the reps)

Pushups on toes-
12, x 10, x 8
Pushups on knees-
10, x 10

Total Calories 250. Average heart rate was 106 and max was 138.

Debbie, great workout today. I am sweating a lot myself, summer is in the air! Nice calorie burn and great distance in that amount of time. You inspired me to do pushups today. I actually was surprised how many I could do on my toes since I rarely do them anymore. What Ript workout set do I buy? Shredded? Do I get it on Amazon?

Diane Sue, do you take anything for your joints? My right Knee always bothers me and especially when I walk a lot. I put an anti inflammatory ointment on it at night but that isn't helping. I take MSM, Calcium, and things for connective tissue but I need something else like glucosamine.

Roselyn, I hope you have a nice workout today.

Have a wonderful day.

I thought I had posted workouts but am not seeing them. Yesterday I did Shock Cardio Circuit Blast before I went to pick up the grandchildren and fix the birthday dinner for my grandson, 17. Today I did Ice To the Mat, 50 minutes, 135 calories with my grandchildren 3 and 9. I will see what I can get in tomorrow. I think concentrating on weights will have to wait till after Thursday.

Debbie, I have an Iron Gym Pull up bar and it does not adjust. Before I got rid of my dip station I would use a bar across it and do them with the feet extended. I like having the Fit Tower.

Jolie, good weights for someone who is tired. This is my favorite product for my joints https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SK66QXQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I recently purchased 3 months worth of Bone Broth Collagen from Dr Axe and it works but not as well as the formula in the Joint Vibrance. I find the powders work better than taking tablets. I watch Sprouts for supplement sales because once in awhile I can get the Joint Vibrance 20-25% off.

Been so busy but got workouts in, Debbie that Chest Shredder is awesome I think I like these workouts better than the other set, but i incorporate both sets.

So today was Back Breaker

3 sets of each exercise 10x

8 wide pull ups
8 standard
8 close grip

Bent over rows 50#
10 renedage rows 25#
10 explosive bent over rows 30#

Reverse Flys 12#
Pull Overs 25#
20 Push Ups

Then I did shoulder Pressure

15 Overhead Presses (repeat 5X) 15#
15 Sumo High Pulls (5X) 15# (1X) then upped to 16# (weighted glove) for last 4

then finished with some ab work

Today I did RIPT90 Arm Annihilator. Love this workout, and really felt it when I was doing the exercises. I probably should have gone a bit higher, but this was a tough workout.

This is the workout:
Bicep Curl to Overhead Press: 10's - 3 sets/15 reps
Hammer Curls: 15's/12's/10's - 3 sets/15 reps
Jumping Jacks to Triceps Pushups: 10 sets/5 reps - non stop
Dumbbell Curls: 12's - 10 sets/5 reps - this is where I should have gone a bit heavier I think.
Triceps Dips: 3 sets/15 reps
Lying Dumbbell Extensions: 12's - 10 sets/5 reps (these were supposed to be chinups but I'm sick of chinups)
Situps: 3 sets/50 reps (I did first set as situps, 2nd set as crunches and 3rd set bike maneuver)

Workout was 37 minutes, Avg. HR was 78, Max was 123, burned 90 calories.

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile. :)

Jolie - So far I like this set the best: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SJPA7SS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I also have RIPT90 Fit - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X8YMG92/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I like it, too, just not as well as the original set. These are excellent workouts.

Diane Sue - Nice workout even though you seem really busy lately. Hope things slow down for you soon!!!

Roselyn - I know you said you found the workouts for RIPT90 on a website and you are just following the workout sheets. I like having the workouts, that way you can see how he does the exercises. Sometimes he has weird things that he does. Also, I seem to push myself more while watching videos. These are awesome workouts! I like the original set more as well but will use both sets. Nice back workout, I can't wait to try it!

Let me start out by saying, I am sore from doing those PUSHUPS yesterday! Yeah!!! I did shoulders today but I had to go down a little in weight because of my soreness. I did three sets of each exercise and only had a 1 minute rest between sets. I finished with Leg Curls. My hip flexors are very sore lately so I think I should start stretching.

DB Overhead Press Warm up-
15# x 15
DB Overhead Press-
25# x 12, x 10, x 8

1 Arm Lateral Raise-
14# x 12, x 10, x 8

Rear Flies-
12# x 12, x 11, x 10

Upright Rows DB-
17# x 13, x 12, x 11

Leg Curls-
20# x 15, x 13, x 12, x 12

I burned 214 Calories, workout was 40 minutes and my average heart rate was 106 and max waS 142.

My mom is coming to visit for the next two days so I hope to get my workout in tomorrow. My 51st bday is Friday and I am feeling a little down. I had a weight goal to get to by that day and I am no where near where I wanted to be. I am struggling with these hormone issues and no matter how hard I workout, I cant loose any more weight! Very Depressing! My legs and mid section are so flabby, I cant believe it after all of the walking I do. My upper body is very lean and my muscles are really showing, but my lower body is the exact opposite. It has always been a struggle for me but now it seems like nothing makes a difference. I couldn't even imagine what I would look like if I did not workout! I guess I can only do, what I can do.

Diane Sue, thanks for the link for the joint supplement. I will order that and see if it helps! Nice workout too!

Debbie, great workout today!!! Thanks for the link, I am ordering the workouts today! I need to shock my body to get some results so this new workout series might be the ticket! I think I will use them in conjunction with my other workouts. I am also going to run on my elliptical more but it is hard in the summer when it is hotter and the humidity is up. I have to do something to lean out my legs!

Roselyn, great job on your workouts! I am ordering these workouts so I am excited to try them out!

Have a wonderful day!

I order the workout, the first one that Debbie listed and the one she likes the most. I am excited to try something new! It says you should order the bands too? I don't like using bands so I did not order them. If they are in the workout, I will substitute weights instead.

Today I did Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up upper. I used Cathe's weights for most of it. A bit lower on chest and higher on some shoulders. 52 minutes with having to stop here and there, and 225 calories. My 3 year old grandson had to share my bench with his 3 lbs Olivia the 9 year old stuck with the s pin bike and went 7 miles. She had write all of her st a ts on paper from the spin bike read out. I doubt I will workout tomorrow. I have my grandson 6 coming early and I am taking the other two back to their house to stay with their grandma who is here from Florida till their parents return this weekend.
Workout today
Back 1 arm row R 30# x16 reps followed by one arm back fly 10# x 10r then L
repeat R and L
Pullovers 35# x 10 reps
rear back delt flys 10's x 10r twice rest repeat
back t band pulls
chest flys 15's x 12 reps followed by push ups, repeat chest flys and chest push ups
Triceps close grip bench press 20's x 12 reps repeat
dips Bodyweight
lying extensions 15's repeat, finish off with a set of 8reps
triceps standing overhead extension 25# x 12 reps ( I hate holding two 12's together)
triceps kickbacks with band 32 reps
overhead press 15's x12r followed by front raise 15# followed by lateral raise 5's repeat all
lateral band circles done with band forward and back 32 reps each direction
band kickbacks rear delts 32r/32r
hammer curls 15's x 12r
sweeping curls 15's x 12r
isolation curls 12's
standing biceps curls 15's x 12 r
biceps crazy eights band(tubing, I can never understand why the word is used interchangeably between for tubing) 2 sets

Roselyn, great job on the workout today.

Debbie, those workouts sound good. I would kind of be interested, but am not really wanting to spend the money right now. I will keep looking at what you ladies are doing. I can tell that you are all enjoying them.

Jolie, maybe your body has just acclimated to what your usual activity is? Maybe the new workouts will add a different element to things and you can get some results. I used to be able to eat what I want and just do 2 or 3 days of heavy cardio and clean eating and be right back on track. It doesn't work that easily as I have gotten older either. Keep working on it and I am sure you will reach your goal. I generally have to really tighten up the diet to get better results. Are you still trying the Keto diet?

Last edited:
I was a total beast today! Had a great workout. I did the RIPT90 Shoulder Pressure workout and then did Cardio Coach 1. It was supposed to just be a CC day, but I wanted to get shoulder work in and since that workout is only 21 minutes, I figured I could do both. And I did.

Shoulder Pressure
Overhead Press
- 12's/15 reps
Situps - 10 reps
Sumo Upright Rows - 15's/15 reps
Situps - 10 reps
So did this all the way through 5 times. So ended up doing 100 situps, 75 overhead presses and 75 sumo upright rows. Holy smokes!

Lateral Raise - 8's/25 reps
This was only done once as a burner. It was a true burner.

Workout was 22 minutes, Avg HR was 98, Max was 128, burned 98 calories.

Then I did Cardio Coach 1 and this felt really good doing it after I was warmed up with the weights. Made a huge difference.

Workout was 36 minutes, went 2.52 miles, burned 289 calories and went 5095 steps.

WOO HOO!!! I feel good!!

Diane Sue
- So far I am really liking them!! Nice workout girl!!!!

Jolie - I also think what Diane said is true. I think you are doing failure sets way too often. Failure sets are supposed to be done when your body is at a plateau. So maybe lay off those types of workouts for a while. You kick ass every day, but I think it's too much for your muscles to handle. I think you will like RIPT90. Keep in mind, they are short workouts, but they are very effective.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

No workout today. I am tired and today I have the 3 younger grandchildren. I have to take two home and hit a grocery store.

Debbie nice workout and not to long either :)

Question, does Ript 90 have music in it? I watched the promo video and a you tube of some guy doing the first workout.

Today is a rest day for me. I cant wait to get my new workouts in the mail. I am going to do them each day and add some cardio just like Debbie is doing. Thanks for all of your suggestions! Have a great day!

Debbie, great workout today! I look forward to getting my new workouts tomorrow.

Diane Sue, have a great day with your grandchildren!

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout today!

Today I did the RIPT90 Back Breaker and had a great workout. Back isn't my favorite but I got through it. Tough workout.

Back Breaker
Wide Grip Pullups
Standard Grip Pullups
Chin Ups

Did 3 sets of this sequence for 10 reps. Used my pullup bar with my feet out in front of me. TOUGH!!!!

Double Arm Rows - 20's
Double Arm Explosive Rows - 20's
Plank One Arm Row - 15's
Did 3 sets of this sequence for 10 reps each. Last exercise was being in plank position and doing a row. It was 5 reps each side.

Reverse Flyes - 12's - 3 sets/10 reps

Pullovers - 25#/27# - 3 sets/10 reps

Pushups - skipped
This was supposed to be 5 sets of 20 pushups. Didn't have it in me this morning, plus I was running out of time.

Workout was 37 minutes, Avg HR was 81, Max was 132, burned 109 calories.

Walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Have a great weekend everyone!! So glad it's Friday!!!

Today I turn 51 years old! I truly cannot believe that I am this age. The good thing is, I feel like I am 30 years old. For my birthday, my family got me the handbag that I wanted by Tory Burch. I love it! Also, my hubby signed me up for Cathe Live workouts so I was so happy to do a new workout today. I chose to do "Barbell Upper Body Live", workout was high reps low weight and in certain areas of the workout I almost died!!! So many reps with no rest is tuff stuff! Workout was 55 minutes which included some abs at the end and I burned 375 calories. I could have done more but I had to hurry because I am having new carpet put in my house today and had to get furniture moved before they arrived.

I am also going to receive my new workouts today from Amazon, so I will have to figure out how I want to incorporate Ript with Cathe Live. I think it will be a lot of fun and so many workouts to choose from, I will not be bored that's for sure!

Debbie,
great workout today! I am still so sore from doing pushups the other day that I couldn't do the ones in the workout today. Instead I opted to do chest press instead. I am excited to try these new workouts!

I will be back later to see what Diane Sue and Roselyn did for workouts today.

Have a nice day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.