Hardcore check in for February 2017

Today I put Ice Rock'm Sock'm in my computer and it played fine. It must be my old dvd player/video player. So I started with the blizzard blast premix with warm and and stretch 28 minutes, 201 calories. I then did Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Upper body, mish mosh #3 double it, 50 minutes, 225 calories. I finished off with Barre Amped Stretch and Strengthen upper body stretch and the 5 minute Yoga Tune Up shoulders adding some of the therapy ball work to it, 20 minutes, 45 calories

Debbie, I hope your kitty is on the mend. I am sure his body has been through a lot. I wondered if doing Body Beast but arranging it so you could do cardio between some of the workouts would work. It would take longer to get through all of it though.

Roselyn , I do not have Cathe Live right now. I did it for a month and enjoyed it a lot. It was nice having new workouts to look forward to. Some I would repeat as I got to know different ones that I particularly liked. It is a bit different because things are not edited or anything. Mistakes once in awhile.

Today I did Body Beast - Build: Shoulders. Had a great workout and went up with a few exercises which made a huge difference. Amazing what a few pounds can do for the shoulders.

SHOULDERS
Single Set
Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
10's/12's/15's/12's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
8's/10's/12's - 15/12/8 reps
ss w/
Upright Row: 25#/30#/35#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Giant Set
EZ Bar Underhand Press:
20#/30#/35# - 15/12/8 reps
1, 1, 2 Front Raise: 3s/5s/8s - 15/12/8 reps
Rear Delt Raise: 8's/10's/12's - 10/12/8 reps

Super Set
Dumbbell Shrugs:
15's/20's/30's/25's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)
ss w/
Dumbbell Scrap Trap: Skipped - These hurt my upper back

Super Set
Sagi Six-Way:
3's/5's - 12/8 reps
ss w/
Tuck & Roll:
2 sets/15 reps

Walked on my treadmill for 1 mile as well. :)

Roselyn - Kitty seems better. Maybe he's still healing from all the crap they did to him at the vets? I don't know, just taking it day by day. I pray that my little buddy will be with me for a long while.

Diane Sue - Nice workout, you really got a good one in yesterday, nice job!!! I don't really mind only doing cardio once a week, but I notice a huge difference in my endurance when I that. I love BB so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Jolie - Hope you are doing well.

Today I did Cardio, Powerstrike 6 and 1/2 of Powerstrike 5 using 1 pound hand weights. Workout was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned 780 calories. I am wiped out! (In a good way). My max heart rate was 170. My legs are getting so firm from all of this kicking and squats thrown into the workout.

Nice workout ladies, keep up the good work!!!

Yesterday was my rest day.

Have a wonderful day. 82 degrees here today!

Today's workout was Rapid Fire Results. I did the Rapid Fire remix version with the metabolic weight segments between the combos and drills. Funny, I got over 50 calories less burn this time doing it this way. 74 minutes, 519 calories. Max Heart rate was 176. I used 1# for the drills and combos and 5# dumbbells for the metabolic work, abs 8# med ball.

Debbie, nice work on shoulders today and increasing on some of the moves. and getting in a mile. Yes, endurance does drop when you don't get in the cardio.

Jolie, great calorie burn. I get my heart rate up, like today, but I never get the calorie burn. I had to make adjustments today because Fit Bit only gave me 379 and I knew that was not accurate. Map My Fitness using the Fit Bit watch heart rate gave me 787. It is so weird. I was going all out and did the extra kicks and jumps. I used my calorie calculator and previous burns to get what I used. This one has squats in it as well.

I did Body Beast - Build: Legs. Upped my weights a bit and really felt it. My legs are rubber!!!

LEGS

Single Set
Sumo Squat (Plies):
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Alternating Lunge (did Static Lunges instead):
10's/12's/15's - 15/12/8 reps
ss w/
Step-Up to Reverse Lunge: 10's/12's/15's - 15/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Parallel Squat:
15's/20's/25's - 15/12/8 reps
Bulgarian Squat: 10's/12's/15's - 15/12/8 reps
Sagi EZ Bar Deads: 20#/25#/30# - 10/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Single Calf Raise:
Skipped
Seated Calf Raise: Skipped
ABS
Ins and Outs:
30 Seconds/2 sets

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile. :)

Have great workouts everyone! And a great weekend!!

Today I did Chest and Powerhour Biceps. I wanted to hit the Biceps twice this week so I did just a short workout but an effective workout.

Chest Press DB- 25# x 20, x 12, x 10

Chest Flies- 20# x 12, x 10, x8

Incline Chest Press DB- 25# x 15, x 10, x 9

Incline Flies- 20# x 12, x 10, x 9

BB Bicep Curls- 25# loaded BB x a hell of a lot of reps!

Workout was 30 minutes and I burned 172 Calories.

Debbie, Nice Workout today for the legs! If I did that workout I would be so sore. I have only been kickboxing, walking and a few weight exercises for the legs lately. Great job! I hope your kitty is doing better.

Diane Sue and Roselyn,
I hope you both have a great workout today.

Have a nice day.

Today I did Ice Chiseled Lower Body Blast timesaver 1, Blizzard blast with the w/u and stretch, 33 minutes, 208 calories. I then did Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets Lower body mix, rnd 1,3,&5, which took me 40 minutes stopping at each giant set rnd to adjust weights and write what I had just finished, 218 calories, I finished off with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Lower Body Stretch, 20 minutes, 53 calories. Total time was 93 minutes, 470 calories.
Total Body Giant sets weights: Not all reps are written down here because Cathe does some at a fast & slow rep pace then finishes off with singles. I may even be wrong on some of these. I hate to stop working to go write notes down. I wish she put the reps down on the print outs. It would make decision making better.
round 1
squats 50# 4 reps at 1/1/single , 8 singles
rear sliding lunges 15's unsure of the reps
plie squats 50# Unsure
side slide lunges 20# dumbbell 4 2/2 count then 8 singles
dead lifts 30's 12 reps
round 3
wide stance deadlifts 60# barbell 12 reps
cross back slide lunge 20# dumbbell 16 reps
diagonal lunges 20's 12 reps
static lunge 25# dumbbell 16 reps, 7 reps, 7 reps
warrior lunge disc and body weight
round 5
squats 40# 12 reps , 4 @1,1,2 count, 8 singles
deadlifts 60# 12 reps
plie squats 45# 12 reps(may be the same rep sequence as squats
sweeper lunge disc 24 reps bodyweight

Deb, nice job on the lower body today. I always like to do the calf raises because my calves and ankles are small. They need work. Ankle strap shoes and boots are always loose on me.

Jolie, Power Hour biceps always fries my biceps. They are screaming when I am done. Great job on the workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.