Hardcore check in for February 2017

Yesterday my internet was down so I could not post.

Combat 30 1 pound gloves, I used 2 pound gloves for the last segment. Workout was 30 minutes. Then I did half of Ultimate Warriors Workout using 1 pound gloves. 30 minutes. I finished with ABS. Workout was 1 hour and 10 minutes and I burned 655 calories. My max heart rate got up to 188! I was so wiped out and so sore by the evening I went to bed at 8pm!

Today I am going to do STS Total Body Upper Body only. I will be back later to post.

Nice workouts yesterday Girls!

Have a good day.

Today I did STS Total Body, Upper Body Premix only. I added a couple of extra sets to some of the exercises. I am so wiped out today so I lifted lighter than usual on a few exercises. Workout was 36 minutes and I burned 249 calories. My max heart rate was 166, I was really working hard since I am so tired.

Bench Press DB- 25# x 16, x 12

Chest Flies DB- 15# x 16, x 12

Lying Triceps Ext. DB- 15# x 16, x 12

Close Grip Chest Press DB- 15# x 20

BB Rows- 45# x 16, x 12 (could have gone heavier)

1 Arm Rows- 25# x 16, x 12

DB Bicep Curls- 15# x 16, x 12

W Bicep Curls- 15# x 20

Overhead Press DB- 15# x 16, x 16, x 12

Wide Grip Upright Rows DB- 15# x 16, x 12

Lateral Raise- 8# x 16, x 12

Rear Flies - 10# x 20

Hammer Curls DB- 15# x 16

I am dead. I cannot believe how much Kickboxing fatigues the entire body. I love having DOMS again, it really makes you feel like you are doing something right and different.

Very sunny and cold here today, a high of 60 degrees.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Today I did Strong and Sweaty PHA Mish Mosh mix lower body split 2 3 sets each exercise before moving to the next, 28 minutes, 260 calories. I did mostly Cather's weights with a couple of moves using a bit heavier. I then did Ice Lower Body Blast Blizzard blast, 18 minutes, 147 calories followed by Icy Core #2, 14 minutes 54 calories. I finished with SB Barre AMped Power Stretch, 23 minutes, 59 calories. Total time was 83 minutes, 420 calories. I felt the calories were awfully low for how hard I was pushing, but that happens sometimes.

Jolie, great calorie burn on the Combat workouts. I bet you were spent with the weighted gloves. I usually just use my combat gloves and not weighted gloves for that one. I have been using 1# gloves on the Rapid Fire workouts except where they use 4,5,6 # for some strength work in some where you do combos of upper lower stuff together. That is the weights they seem to use. Also some use a med ball. Great job on the TOtal Body Upper mix today. Nice heart rate.

Today I did Powerstrike 5 and half of Powerstrike 4 kickboxing. I used 1 pound gloves for the entire workout. Workout time was 1 hour 15 minutes and I burned 701 calories and my max heart rate was 188. I feel great today, I slept 11 hours last night!!!! It is amazing how good my skin looks when I get a great nights sleep, I swear I look 10 years younger today.

Diane Sue, I hope your husbands party was a success. Nice workout yesterday. How did you like the PHA workout, I have not done that one yet.

Today was a rest day. The birthday party went well. It was nice not to have too much to do. My daughters set up the food while I changed out of church clothes. My husband has his favorite cake so he is happy. My granddaughter turns 9 and her birthday is the day after my husbands. She was thrilled with her Oreao dessert birthday cake and new keyboard and music book. It is hard to believe she is 9. They grow up so fast.

Jolie, nice calorie burn again. I have not decided what I want to do tomorrow. I am thinking maybe a Rapid Fire workout again. I was thinking one of the extreme premixes of PHA but after the cake today I think maybe I should make it more of a cardio day. I will have to see what I think tomorrow.
I like PHA. I did the whole thing once and I feel that it seemed a bit short for hitting anything really well. Maybe it was just because I was going lighter. I do like the split premixes for lower body. I have not done the upper mixes so I am not sure what I would think of them. I don't think there is a product out there that can do as much for our skin as a good nights sleep can. Of course healthy eating does a lot too.

Roselyn how is your hand doing?

Last edited:
Today I did Build: Chest & Tri's. Had a great workout. At one point i upped my weights too much (miscalculated) and needed to back off a bit. Still did the reps, but lowered it for the drop set. Tough workout.

Single Set
Barbell Chest Press:
55#/75#/75#/65# - 15/12/8/8 (last two sets were drop sets)
(used a barbell so I could go heavier, this is where I went too heavy. The first 75% was supposed to be 65#)

Super Set
Incline Dumbbell Fly:
15's/20's/25's
ss w/
Incline Barbell Press: 55#/65#/70#/55# - 15/12/8/8 (last two sets were drop sets)
Again, used my barbell

Giant Set
Close Grip Press:
15's/20's/25's - 15/12/8
Partial Chest Press: 12's/15's/20's - 15/12/8
Decline Pushups: 15 (5 on knees) /12 (4 on knees) /8 reps

Single Set
Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extensions:
12's/15's/17's/12's - 15/12/8/7 (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Single-Arm Kickbacks:
8#/10#/12#/8# - 15/12/8/8 (last two sets were drop sets)
ss w/
Tricep Pushups: 15/10/8 - (all on my knees)

Super Set
Dips:
skipped
ss w/
Ins & Outs (abs): skipped

I also walked on my treadmill for .75 miles. Had a great workout today!!!

Diane Sue - Glad your party went well, they sure do grow up fast, don't they? Our grandson's birthday is next weekend and he will be 12. I can't believe it.

Jolie - Nice workout with Powerstrike!!!

Roselyn - Where are you?

Gosh I am here Friday my dad called me at 6:30 in the morning saying he needed help it was my mom. She was throwing up and couldn't stand up she would fall over she was so dizzy so took her to the ER and she just had a bad case of vertigo I didn't want to take any chances because she had a kidney removed and I want to make sure everything was OK and then Saturday we had to take my sons car to him down in Springfield Missouri I worked out Friday not Saturday and yesterday I did leg workout and my abs today worked back and bis triceps this afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I did Rapid Fire 3 Rock Steady Rock Hard with the heavy bag and using 8's for the metabolic segment and abs. 83 minutes, 596 calories. I then did PHA Timesaver Mix #2 which eliminates chest and shoulders. It is Round 2 A+2B+2C. 25 minutes, 166 calories. Total time was 1 hour 48 minutes, 762 calories.
Weights
cross back lunges off step 15# all 3 rounds
biceps curls 15's all 3 rounds
deadlifts 25's all 3 rounds
Pullovers rnd 1 cathe's weight at 15's dropped to 12's rnd 2 and 3
standing squat 25's all 3 rnds
lying triceps extensions 12's rnd 1, 15's rnd 2and 3

Roselyn, I bet you were really worried about your mother. What a busy last few days you days you have had!!

Debbie, nice work on those weights today. Impressive chest weights. Before you know it your grandson will be driving. I have y older group that are 16 and up to 20 and then the group I call the littles that are 2, 6 and 9.

Today I woke up tired from yesterdays workout so I decided to go easy today. I did Giant Sets Upper Only premix. I burned 240 calories. My fit bit said my max heart rate was 180. There is no way I was working that hard, right? I am not going to post my weights because they are the same as last weeks workout. Next time I do the workout I am going to up the weights with some of the exercises.

Diane Sue, I am so glad the party went well and your husband had a good time! I will come back later to see what you did for your workout.

Debbie, Nice kickass workout this morning girl!!! Your weights are impressive, especially the bench press. Keep up the good work, your physique sis going to be rockin for summer!

Roselyn, wow, I am sorry your mom is going through all of that vertigo nonsense. I feel so bad for our aging parents. I am glad you got in a workout, you need a break for yourself sometimes.

Have a fabulous day!

Jolie, we must have posted around the same time. My Fit Bit sometimes gives me higher heart rate readings than I believe. I think on the average it is pretty accurate. When I was at my dentist she checked my heartrate and we looked at my Fit Bit and it was close. Within 4. Anyway I just do not get Fit Bit's calorie calculations sometimes when I have a really high heart rate. It will still calculate low, I know I never get really high with weights calorie wise or heart rate. If I would have went with the Workout manager and Map my fitness (which uses the fit bit heart rate) I would have burned over 1000 calories today. Funny for the kickboxing Map My Fitness was almost identical to Cathe's kickboxing calories. I am sure this must be gross calories and not net. The same was true with Strong and Sweaty PHA timesaver. Cathe had 218 on the workout manager, Map My FItness showed 206, Umm ?? Fit Bit said 70. I calculated it with Calories burn and came up with the estimated 166 that I used. I could get 70 calories doing a yoga for the same amount of time and PHA keeps the heart rate elevated somewhat as you have no rest on those rounds.

Today I did Build: Back & Bi's and had an ok workout. Between crying and working out, it really wasn't the best. My cat seems to be sick again. He's in and out of the bathroom and honestly, I don't know what to do. We cannot afford another $2000 bill. He went a couple times but it just seems like he is blocked or becoming blocked again. Please say a prayer for my little guy that it will work out itself. My only other option is putting him down and my heart break just thinking about it. :(

BACK
Single Set
Deadlifts:
12's/15's/20's/15's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Dumbbell Pullover:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)
ss w/
Pullups: 3 sets/10 reps (used my bands for this)

Giant Set
EZ Bar Row:
30#/40#/50# - 15/12/8 reps
One-Arm Row: 20#/25#/30# - 15/12/8 reps
Reverse Fly: 10's/12's/15's - 10/12/8 reps

Single Set
Close Grip Chin Ups:
Skipped

BICEPS
Single Set
Seated Dumbbell Bicep Curl:
12's/15's/20's/15's - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Single Set
1, 1, 2 Hammer Curl:
5's/8's/12's - 15/12/8 (should have went heavier with this one)

Single Set
Neutral EZ Bar Curl:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Single Set
Airplane Cobra:
Skipped

Workout was 45 minutes, Average HR 82, Max HR 106. Burned 106 calories.

Then I had a few minutes to walk on my treadmill. I waked for .50 miles. This is the only reason I don't like the BB series - they are too long. I can't get even a mile in on my treadmill. Yesterday I didn't make 10K steps and it seems if I don't at least get one mile in after my weights, I don't hit 10K. Bummer.

Roselyn - So sorry to hear about your mom. I have vertigo occasionally and it is not fun. I hope she is doing better. Nice job keeping up with your workouts.

Diane Sue - Great workout yesterday and awesome calorie burn!! WOW!!! Nice job. And you're right, he will be driving soon. Scary...

Jolie - Yea, I don't think you would get to 180 with weights. My HR hardly goes up at all when I do weights unless its a workout like first STS segment with all those rushed sets. And even then I don't think I would ever hit 180. Nicely done, though!!!

Hope you all have great workouts.

Today I started with Ice Low Impact Sweat Step and blizzard blast mix, 38 minutes, 261 calories, max heartrate 159. I wanted to do Rock'm Sock'm blizzard blast but my dvd would not play. I wasted so much time trying to get it to play and get it to eject from my dvd player. This has happened with it before. I can't get help with it because it was purchased from Amazon. Anyway, I went back and did the Low Impact Sweat workout 1 and core two mix skipping the warm up, 35 minutes, 217 calories, max heart rate 150. Total workout 73 minutes, 478 calories
I have errands to run and cleaning to do. My granddaughter will be over after work today.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Debbie, nice workout. I don't think that the workouts are two long, I just think they do not allow days in between to do cardio since it is pretty much all strength and building work.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Debbie I would take your kitty to an animal hospital. I had a dog that the vet could not figure out what was wrong with her so I ended up taking her to the hospital. Come to find out she had bladder stones that were tearing a hole in her bladder and she was diabetic. The vet had no idea!!! They could put your kitty on a catheter maybe till they find out what is wrong. That couldn't cost that much. Look into bladder stones!!

Debbie, I am so sorry about your kitty. It can get very costly taking care of a pet when they are sick. We have been there. Maybe try what Jolie says and at least find out how much it would cost? A second opinion? I will pray that he gets better and you don't have to do anything.

Today I walked on the treadmill for 1 hour, 3.2 miles, 7.0 incline and 3.3 speed. Then I did Powerhour Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. Workout was 1 hour and 20 minutes and I burned 720 calories. My max heart rate was 173. This was tough for my today but it felt great to work up a great sweat. My butt was burning with the high incline and that is my problem area!

Shoulders
Front Plate Raise- 10# x too many to count
Lateral Raise- 5# x "
Rear Raise- 8# x "
Barbell Shoulder Press 25# x "

Bicep BB Curls- 25# x too many to count, Insane pump!

Triceps lying ext DB- 10# x too many to count
1 Arm kickbacks- 10# x 14
Triceps Lying ext DB- 8# Too many to count

I am fried!

Diane Sue, Nice workout today, sorry about the dvd issues, I hate when that happens.

Roselyn, I hope you have a great workout and hopefully your mother is feeling better.

Debbie,
nice Body Beast workout. I am sorry about your kitty. I left another post for you regarding the issue. Pet hospitals are much better then a vet office. I would try that asap! Bladder stones would cause blockage.

Have a wonderful day.

Today I did Run Fit and had a pretty good workout. I can tell I haven't ran for a while, funny how your body does that. But I still had a good one and burned some good calories.

Workout was 52 minutes, ran 3.5 miles, burned 387 calories (TM said 494) and went 7366 steps.

Jolie - I did take my cat to the hospital, that's where he was recently for 6 days. My vet could not do the catheter and all that so they sent me to a hospital. That is where I had all the problems. He seems to be doing better. I have a feeling this is going to be an ongoing battle with him. :(

Diane Sue - I know that BB is like that, I just miss my cardio. I'm glad I can at least get one day of cardio in. Nice job with your workout yesterday!

Roselyn - NIce workout. I have't tried Cathe live yet but heard its awesome.

Thanks for the prayers everyone. They seem to be helping!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.