Hardcore check in for February 2017

Today I did cardio, 60 minute walk uphill on the treadmill. I traveled 3.3 miles, max heart rate was 174 and I burned 629 calories. It felt so good to move today since I didn't get my walking in the last week. The Tamiflu is working, I didn't get sick! Everyone in my family is feeling much better so we are on our way!

80 Degrees here today so we are out doing our gardening.

Have a great day.

No workout yesterday. Today I just did Suzanne Bowen Strength and Stretch disc 1 both workouts Power Stretch and Advanced Active Stretch, 135 calories. I also did the neck segments from Yoga Tune Up Upper Body.

Jolie, I am glad to hear that everyone is on the mend and you did not get the flu.

No workout for me today or for the week. I need a break. Just so stressed from my kitty being sick and I just don't have it in me to do anything. I got up with the intentions to workout, but just didn't feel like it. My kitty is home, I got him back on Friday. I will never take him to that vet again. The doctor, even though she was there, didn't even bother to come see me before I took him home. Didn't tell me what to expect or what to look out for (although I now know the signs of a blocked bladder). They charged me $2300 for the six day stay. Ridiculous. No phone call from the doctor yet, either, to see how he is doing. My normal vet always calls me to see how my pets are doing after they have seen them on any issue.

I hope he gets better soon, still going back and forth to the litter box but I think that could be spasms he is having. I hope. He's eating good and has the strength in his back legs back. When we first got him home it was all he could do to stand up. I think that's from being in the cage for so long. He is so happy to be home and so I am.

Send him a few more prayers, please. I want him to be back to normal and going to the bathroom normally again. Thanks!!!

Nice workouts you all had and I'll be checking in during the week. Jolie - gardening? OMG, lucky you!!!

Today I did Susan Chung's Rapid Fire Rock Steady Rock Hard with the bonus heavy bag, 80 minutes, 601 calories. Some of my devices had this higher and of course for kickboxing in the workout manager it is a 10 on the met score. I took it down to a 7 and it still gave me 618. Map My Fitness was closer to 800. Much like Cathe's would have been. I never take those higher readings. I went by the lower ones and heartrate based reading along with what it has been in the past with my Polar devices. I know the measurements the Fit Bit give are off because using the algorithms uses more of the stride length and arm swings, so if you are doing something that does not have that the reading is much lower. I then did Ice Muscle Meltdown Triceps, 16 minutes, 77 calories. I used 12's for this this time. Total time was 94 minutes and calories burned was 678.

Debbie, I am so sorry. That vets office sounds incompetent. Wow on the cost. Poor kitty. I would imagine procedures, medications and being shut up in a cage would leave him quite off kilter. Hopefully once he is moving around more things will work well too. I will send out a prayer for him. I am the same way. When stressed over something like that, I find it hard to do a workout.

Today I did Xtrain Back and added an additional exercise at the end because this is a very short workout. I burned 182 calories.

1 arm row- 30# x 10, x 10, x 11 TF

BB Rows- 50# x 12, x 11, x 12 TF

Rear Flies- 12# DB x 12, x 12, x 13 TF

1 Arm Horizontal Rows- 25# x 10, x 10, x 11

I had a sore throat last night so I decided not to do any cardio. I don't want to risk getting sick.

Diane Sue, How do you like Susan Chungs workouts? I purchased a couple of them but haven't ever done any of them!

Roselyn, nice workout, I am glad your hand is getting better.

Debbie, have a nice week off!!! I am going to take it easy myself this week to avoid getting sick. I am so sorry about your kitty. That Vet sounds like an idiot and she should have followed up with you to see how you kitty is doing. I am an A Type personality, I would have given them the What For!!!!! No one messes with my kids or my dog!!!! I love confrontation so that would have been fun for me!

Jolie, I like Susan Chung's workouts a lot. I have all 4 of them. There are lots of premixes to use as well. The one I chose today, I believe is #3, has kickboxing, tabatas, upper weights, and abs. She has great ab workouts on her dvds and always something a bit different than the usual kick box workouts. Some different stretches as well. When I bought the first one I liked it so much I purchased the next and liked it and I didn't think twice about the other two, I just purchased them.

Roselyn, good job on still getting the workouts in.

Jolie, nice work on the back today.

It is so nice to sleep in for another hour. Love it, and I really needed it. I am exhausted. I'm thinking about doing a round of Body Beast when I get back to it next week. I'll see how I feel. Miss those workouts and getting tired of Cathe's again.

Diane Sue - Nice workout, wow 80 minutes!! You go!!! Yes, they were very incompetent. I think I will write the administrations a letter detailing what was done and all and see if anything can be done. It was ridiculous. He is getting better, he was playing with a toy this morning. Still not going to the bathroom normally, though. :(

Jolie - Nice job with your workout. My DH and I did go up there the Thursday before they released him and we gave them holy hell. I think that's why they released him on Friday. They wanted to keep him until Monday but I said no way. So yea, I'm type A too.

Roselyn - Nice workout!!! How's your hand?

Today I had my doctor appointment so I just did Strong and Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets Lower Body mix #1, 33 minutes, 198 cal0ries. It is tempting to go do some upper body work. I guess I will see. I should do clean max today. I went to Sprouts after my appointment. They had the Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein that Dr Axe sells for 38 dollars and a 2 dollar off coupon. I thought it would be a good way to try it. And it is supposed to be healing. It does not smell very good but by the time I added some dark chocolate and a bit of honey to it, it was okay. The color is a bit odd. I got the vanilla flavored.

Debbie, I wonder if they wanted the money for keeping him at their office more than the need for him to be there. Particularly since you could have taken him home and monitored whether he was going potty normally. I will keep him in my prayers. Poor kitty. Do you keep him in a different place than your other cats? I am not sure I would be able to keep track of who uses the litter box. When my dog is having problems I follow her outside and make sure things are okay. I am just curious. Him playing is a sign that he is feeling better and that is good news. Did they put him on a special diet or anything?

Happy Valentines day! I am not working out today, I went to bed last night with a sore throat so I am not going to push it. Listening to my body! Also, I am cooking a nice dinner for my husband tonight so I need to go and do the shopping and I need to get going on it pronto!

Diane Sue, nice workout today.

Debbie, have a nice day off. I love to get an extra hour of sleep in when I am tired and burned out.

Roselyn, I hope you have a nice workout today.

Enjoy your time with your sweethearts!

I actually decided to workout and I did Xtrain Chest Burnsets minus the pushups..

Chest Press DB
25# x 10, x 10, x 12 TF

Chest Flies
20# x 10, x 10, x 12 TF

Incline Chest Press DB
25# x 10, x 10, x 12 TF

Diane Sue,
I just looked at the Les Mills website and they have monthly on demand workouts for $12.99 per month. This includes kickboxing workouts as well as Body Pump classes and much more. I am thinking about signing up because I have always wanted to try Body Pump but could not get my hands on the dvds. You can get 10 free days before they charge you to see if you like it first. Sounds good.

Jolie, I think that the Les Mills on Demand looks great. It looks like some of the same instructors and the same types of workouts. I would have liked to look more, but they kind of limit the previews. They are playing the same music on the yoga preview that they play on Les Mills Flow. I have all of the Les Mills Pump Set including the three cardio workouts which are really good. That is where I did the first Combat was in the original Pump Cardio group. . Then they came out with the Combat workouts. I have all of those including the extra deluxe ones. There instructors have such great physiques and are quite inspiring.

Roselyn, nice work getting your weights in today.

Today I did Rapid Fire Sweat, 72 minutes, 634 calories. I then did Strong and Sweaty Ramped Up Double biceps timesaver, 21 minutes, 127 calories. I finished off with Barre Amped Strength and Stretch upper body stretch, 13 minutes, 29 calories. Total time 1 hour 41 minutes, 790 calories.

Today I did not workout, I woke up with a sore throat and a cough. I am trying to keep it at bay and go into the flu blown flu. Also, I re caulked my kitchen sink which took my 3 hours so the morning got away from me. It does feel good to fix up the house since everything is starting to break!

Diane Sue, when I feel better I think I might sign up for one month and try the Les Mills on demand. I need some different workouts and it looks fun.

Have a nice day.

PS I still got my 10k steps in today!

Today's workout was Cardio Slam timesaver step cardio only premix, 18 minutes, 130 calories. This was for a nice warm up before weights. I then did Strong and Sweaty ramped up double back minus the stretch mix and double shoulders minus the warm up premix, (still took extra time to write weights down and change things) 52 minutes, 256 calories. I am moving up on the upper body weights somewhat. If something feels uncomfortable I drop the weight or skip it. My strength is coming back. Biceps yesterday was pretty much all Cathe;s weight , but I was able to do some isolation work for biceps before I was able to start other things that indirectly pull in some chest too. . Today I started with 25's for the 1 arm rows but by the second time through all of it I went for 20's. I had a 30 ready since Cathe was doing 35# but I soon discovered that was ay to heavy. I could feel it pulling some in the chest. pull overs was really light at 15# and then a 12# dumbbell. Overhead press I did one set of 20 and dropped to 15's. the rest was Cathe's weights. I have decided to skip a chest workout this week. I still want to do Susan Chung Rapid Fire this week and it has a metabolic weight segment in it so I do not want to do any other upper than what is on it. I finished off with Les Mills Flow, 21 minutes, 46 calories. Total time was 91 minutes, calories 432. I need to go set up a second Roku I bought for my husbands birthday (which is not here for a few days yet) I hope I do not run into issues since I already have one hooked up.

Jolie, I hope you do not get anything bad. Maybe it is a lighter version of the flu since you had the Tamiflu. There are so many viruses going around right now.

Yesterday I did workout and did Shoulders. I couldn't post because my internet was down. I did my own workout, 1 minute rest between sets except for the drop sets, 15 second rest. I ended with leg extensions. Total calorie burn was 320. I woke up feeling really bad, congestion and coughing, today so I am not sure if I will get a workout in, I will see how it goes.

DB Seated Overhead Press
20# x 15, x 12, x 9, x 8
15# x 10
12# x 10

1 Arm Lat Raise
12# x 15, x 12, x 10
2 Arms
12# x 8
10# x 8
8# x 8

Rear Flies
12# x 15, x 12, x 11, x 10
10# x 12
8# x 12

Upright Rows
15# x 15, x 12, x 11
12# x 15
10# x 18

Alternating Incline Front Raise
10# x 12, x 10, x 8
8# x 12
2 Arm Incline Front Raise
5# x 16

Leg Ext.
40# x 25
50# x 16, x 13, x 12, x 12
Single Leg Ext.
30# x 10, x 10

Great workouts yesterday Diane Sue and Roselyn!

Debbie, I hope you are having a great rest week!

Today I did Susan Chung Rapid Fire Results, 74 minutes, 572 calories. I then did Ice Core 2, 13 minutes, 52 calories. Total time 87 minutes, 626 calories. My husband and I went tot he Garage for lunch today and I am sure my bison burger was probably more calories than I burned. Loads of gooiness, but yummy. Bleu cheese and peppers. It was spicy. Tomorrow I will do lower body. My grandson 6 is spending the night tonight.

Jolie, take care of yourself. Nice workout yesterday. I don't know what is up with the internet lately.

Roselyn, good job on getting your workout in.

Debbie, I hope that your kitty is doing well.

Today I did a short workout since I had my grandson here. I chose Ice Boot Camp Circuit no upper mix, 36 minutes, 238 calories. I like this mix when I want a bit of cardio and to hit the lower body. Unlike the S&S Bootcamp premix that has the lower body mix but still includes the metabolic segment. I went heavier than Cathe's weights on the lower body weight work. I would have liked to do a lower body stretch. Maybe I will still get it in today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.