Commit to get FIT & Lean for September 2014!

Hi Ladies!

Last night I did Kelly's Body Tech. Love that one!

BBQ was okay. I met a woman who is really into working out and clean eating so she was fun to talk to. And there was a piñata for the little ones so my 7 year old wasn't bored so win/win!

Cookie-Unfortunately my ebooks are only available through amazon.com. Connectivity will be coming out in print this month and that you will be able to order through amazon or Barnes and Noble.com :)

Deb-What a cool job you have! My sister used to work in visual display for Brooks Brothers. And I based the heroine in Waiting for Prince Harry on her job! Is your life extra crazy because of NYFW????

Kristin-I'm glad Meet the Teacher night was a success!

Amelia-I know, when Cathe says "Let's put them all together" I'm more like, "Um, no I'm good, thanks for asking!" HA!!!!

Jessica-You've inspired me to put Hardstrikes on the rotation this week. I've only done it twice, I think. GAH.

Belinda-I need for my booty to be on fire, LOL!!!

Wendy

'Evening!
Belinda, I about a year and half ago, I did a ballet body rotation and liked it. I think Suzanne used to work with Leah Sarago (Ballet Body). They are together in a couple of fusion dads I have.
Amelia, I was thinking of you today, and I think you would like a fitbit. While it is motivating, it doesn't require logging, and you can always check your steps.
Kristin, I just got home! Whew, I always forget how tiring September is.
Jessica, do you usually work out in the morning or evening? I've learned to do it in the am, or else it just generally does not happen. However, tomorrow I am hoping to walk in the evening.
Wendy, thanks for the heads up on the book order. I remember reading one time about the origin of the Purdue Boilermaker nickname - very interesting.
Deb, you do have a very interesting job. Yes, my dd loves shoes, and lately I'm loving comfortable ones. Wore nice heels today and have a nasty blister. Think I'm back to Birkenstocks tomorrow. What kind do you wear?
Did high reps this morning. Moved things around in my basement (Deb!) and reset up the heavy bag, so tomorrow will probably be boxing.
Cookie

Hi,

Today I did Turbo barre but skipped the weights since I hope to do that tomorrow . . . all this talk about barre (Belinda) needed to get some in;) The last few days just can't get enough sleep:confused:

I worked at a couple of Kohl's today (close your eyes Kristin;)) they starting selling Christimas decorations next to the Halloween ones! I'm having a hard enough time believing it's Halloween:eek:

Belinda - I could see how the difference in color would bother you, it probably looked like something was off. It was a good way to use your painting skills:)

Kristin - You had one tough week!! I remember September being hard to get back in to the swing of things but I'm sure so much harder for a teacher. Kudos on getting in your workouts.

Amelia - I agree with Cookie, I like being able to check my steps during the day.

Cookie - My last pair were a pair of Easy Spirits but not as comfortable as I would have liked. It seems like my shoes are good for a couple of hours but after that not so much. I tried on a pair of Rockports (with a mid heel) they were comfortable but felt they wouldn't stand up to their 7 hour claim:)

Wendy - Your job sounds really interesting, not sure if I would have the discipline and focus for it;)

Waves hi to Jessica

Goodnight:)

Hey girls, I have 15 minutes to chat, I'm still in my PJ's and I have to be at work in 45 mins:eek:

So, my brother is out of ICU and my mom told me last night that he may be able to come home by this weekend. Then his chemo starts. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. Its been a roller coaster for my family but the end is in sight :)

So I started back on MFP this morning. I decided this last night after going to the WWers sight and seeing that it was 42$ a month for basically the same concept that myfitnesspal offers for free. :confused: Why waste my money? And its not like I don't know how to lose weight, im basically a pro at it :p;)

Cookie, Debbie- I will check into a fitbit. I had one a couple of years back and loved it but I kept having problems with the connection or something so I sold it. Maybe I will check out the 'Zip' one...its cheaper right?

Wendy- LOL yes, thats my response too to Cathe. I use to giggle when while doing Body Fusion, she glanced back at her crew then said "There all smiles back there, Am I all together? LOL She's hilarious!!

Hello to everybody. Gotta scoot for now. I plan on walking after supper tonight. Its not Imax 2 but its something ;)

Good morning everyone. Just finished a mish-mash workout. I did RK, premix 2, and then I added HB tabatas from HS. According to the WM, I burned 592 calories with that. Now I don't have a heavy bag, so I was punching air, but
I did use my gloves and my arms are pretty much fried as I type this.

Did you guys hear we will begetting updates on the new workouts at the end of the month! I cannot wait to start seeing tidbits of what Cathe has cooked up for us, lol.

Amelia- glad to hear your brother is recovering well. I agree MFP is a great app/site that offers a lot for free.

Deb- September is a hard adjustment for parents, students and teachers, that is for sure. Last year I got derailed with my workouts because DH had to go away for work and then my dad went fishing and I had my mom with me for a week. Working out in the mornings (although I hate getting up so early) is keeping me on track. Plus, I feel so energized when I am done :). I think it is also helping me to stay sharp during the day. I'm not drinking coffee all day, lol.

Cookie- getting back into the routine is tough, especially with my two little guys, but this year seems to be a much smoother adjustment. Maybe too because my younger DS is in first grade instead of K.

Wendy- my kids love piñatas, lol. Anything for some candy and a chance to hit something with a stick ;).

Belinda- I want to start painting here too. The colors are all beige and neutral. I told DH we should have one or two walls pop with some color. He shook his head. Painting is soooooo much work, lol.

Waving hi to Jessica!
Kristin

Hey girls,

I am done with painting the doors/molding. Today I did SBF UB+Core= 20 min + Shoulder 2 = 10 min. I can't hardly type:p

Cookie - I remember you doing the ballet body rotation a few years ago. Back then I didn't like Barre workouts, lol. Now I love it:eek: Go figure! Suzanne Bowen worked with Leah Sarago (Ballet Body) and Lotte Bark;) I don't own any of Leah Sarago and Lotte dvd's. How do you like the fusion DVD? Not that I need anymore dvd's:p

Kirstin - love your mish-mash workout:D Nice combo! Paining the walls isn't really much work, paining around the frame of the doors, doors, windows and molding….that's a lot of work. You really have to take your time doing that, otherwise it looks like crap:eek: Paining the walls, once you start is a breeze;) DH was paining the door frame/moldings…when he was done I followed him and painted all the walls.

Amelia - that's great news about your brother:D I agree, why pay if it's free:p And MFP works the same.

Debbie - you are so funny! Jump on the BARRE train:p:eek::p My butt is on FIRE. Good job yesterday. The old color was way off, it bordered me:roll eyes: Not anymore:eek: The more we paint the better/faster we get. I am getting lots of practice.

Wendy - what your booty isn't on fire? LOL! Well, jump on the Barre Train. Your job does sound interesting. Is that Kelly's new dvd?

Have a great day and workout, everyone.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies!

Last night I did Rockout Knockout. Well, almost all of it. Got to that last combo, did 1/2, then called it a day. :) I'm really feeling it in my back and triceps today.

Belinda-Yes, Body Shop is one of KCM's newer DVDs. I love her. Pretty much you'll notice all workouts are 95 percent Cathe/Kelly with an occasional Jessica Smith/Amy Dixon thrown in. :)

Amelia-I'm so glad your brother might be able to go home, that is good news indeed. And yes, I stop short of Cathe on almost all her step workouts (and RK last night, ha ha!)

Cookie-I totally forgot about High Reps being in my collection until you mentioned it!! Hmmm....but WHERE IS IT?

Debbie-So far I have only seen Thanksgiving and Halloween décor out. I really don't want to see anything else until the end of October but that is wishful thinking on my part, LOL.

Kristin-Yes, hitting the piñata with a stick is a big selling point for Wee One. More than the candy, actually, ha ha.

Wendy

Evening!
Belinda, you have us all stepping up the barre! I like their fusion ones but haven't done them in a while. Took them on vacation, just never got to them. I really liked Leah's workouts, Ballet Body. They are quite challenging.
Amelia, so happy to hear the good news about your brother. What a relief it must be for you. MFP is a good idea. DH has the zip and likes it. Think it was about $49. Tonight when I got home I was at 8, 900 something, so took the dogs for a quick walk just to get over 10K. It works for motivating me.
Jessica, hope all is okay. Miss you.
Kristin, yeah, probably your boys being a year older does help w/getting them out in the morning. I figure anything other than my morning workout is bonus, but doing it in the morning definitely energizes me. I wonder who is going to be in the new series. When I did boxing this morning, I saw Lorraine and got me hoping to see her in the new ones.
Wendy, today was book release, right? Hoping all went well. I know what you mean about all the little things Cathe says. I think my two favorites are "shaking like a Chihuahua" and "I'm having an outer body experience." Oh, I also like "you didn't go get coffee, did you?
Deb, even Halloween is too early for me to think about! The only year I had gifts bought and wrapped early for Christmas was the year I was expecting around that time. Yes, dd and her shoes! We're going to visit her this weekend and have orders of what pairs of shoes and boots we're to bring from her room here.
Did mma boxing this morning and when I see Lorraine, I always wish I could look like her! Well, that's certainly is never gonna happen but I can hope I have her good form. Got in a 3 mile walk this evening, even though it was getting dark.
Cookie

Hi,

Today I did Pyramid upper body. I booked my trip to Daytona, the price wasn't too bad. Need to look into transportation from Orlando. DH may drive down and pick me up in Daytona.

Belinda - Your arms are going to be so toned from painting;) Painting is like your "yoga". My Mom loves to paint the molding she did most of it in my old house.

Kristin - It does seem like working out in the morning is working for you. I like to get my workout in the morning so I don't think about it all day.

Amelia - So happy to hear your brother is recovering it must be a relief for you and your family. I have the zip and I like it, my SIL said they are cheaper on ebay and brand new.

Cookie - Kudos on getting your steps in, I love to be outside when the sun goes down & it just starts to get dark. Is DD loving school?

Wendy - Rockout Knockout really does work your upper body:)

Hi Ladies!

Wow, I've missed a lot in two days! Sunday was my BBQ, I was running around all day, but it was a lot of fun. We put out a kiddie pool for our friend's kids and they had a blast! It was 91 and humid! We actually don't get humidity very much, but we did Sunday & Monday. Sunday was a quick treadmill workout. Monday I took a rest day because of TOTM and I was feeling pretty crappy. Tonight was Burnsets Bis & Tris + core 1. It felt good to be back to working hard!

Debbie- Wow, you have a lot of hot yoga classes to use up! I know how you feel about your IL's house possibly being sold. My IL's are thinking about it too, within the next few years. Although they don't have a pool and they aren't moving to another state, lots of memories were shared there! I hope they stay! I ordered a FitBit Zip this weekend. I can't wait to start tracking my steps like you. That's so awesome you're doing the Daytona trip!!

Belinda- I really have to check out these workouts. I want a Bikini Butt. :p Great job as always.

Wendy- Glad the BBQ went well. I love it when there is another person interested in fitness! I could talk about it for hours. Hardstrikes is a blast! Enjoy. :)

Cookie-How funny, I got a FitBit Zip just this weekend. Can't wait to try it. Great job getting in your steps! And thanks for checking in on me. :)

Hi Amelia- I'm on MFP also, Nevergiveup8513, add me if you like. :) I'm glad to hear about your brother. Sounds like he's going to have lots of support from you all through the chemo.

Kristin- Don't you love having a heavy bag? I LOVE mine! Gets the stress out! :p
Thanks for the heads up on the new workouts. Can't wait.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Jessica

Good morning,

Plan today is: SBF Tabata = 40 min + Sally Up Booty= 5 min.

Cookie - Amazon offers Leah's workouts for free with Prime;) I should give those a try. A lot of people like her workouts. Her workouts are also free on youtube;) HINT! Good job on MMA yesterday, need to pull that one out soon.

Kirstin - good job this morning. Good job getting your workouts in before work, now you have more time in the afternoon.

Jessica - glad you had fun at the BBQ. Thank goodness, it cooled off a little the last few day's:)

Debbie - are you going to Cathe's RT in Daytona? Good job on Pyramid UB. DH has a better/steady hand, I don't like doing the molding.

Wendy - I saw on FB, that KCM is shipping the new preorder. I may get that one, once I go through all my workouts.

I will be back later. Have a great day and workout.

Hi,

Today I took a hot yoga class. It is the same instructor (my neighbors daughter) from the YMCA, she teaches in a few different clubs & is in such demand. She wants me to get DH & DS to take her class, I think they would crack . . . not very flexible:eek:

Belinda - I am going to Daytona & driving to Clearwater for vacation afterwards. I'm not sure if you know this (learned at NJ RT) that KCM was filmed in Cathe's studio.

Kristin - Lean legs a good one!

Jessica - You will like your fitbit zip;) I didn't think you get too much humidity . . . one bad thing about Florida not too many good hair days because of all the humidity.

Waves hi to Amelia, Cookie & Wendy

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick check in, did CycleMax today. I hope you're all well.

Belinda,Deb and Kristing- Great workouts ladies.

Hi Cookie, Amelia and Wendy. :D

Jessica

HR upper body premix done. There is no back in the premix? I thought that was strange.

Last night DS had bb practice so DH took him. I ended up going out to dinner with my neighbor and younger DS. My neighbor is so cool. She works in fashion and the department she is in supplies the clothing lines for Kohl's kids line. She gave me almost a dozen pairs of pants and jeans for the boys yesterday, too cool!

Cookie- finally got my eval on the 9th. I am effective, which pisses me off because I want to be highly effective. Of course, the points lost were due to the freakin state test. Everything else was in the HE range. I hate, hate, hate, comm. king, lol. I know I shouldn't complain about it; others were crying that they got developing (special ed teachers especially), but I feel I work my butt off all year and that it is a slap in the face. Not to mention all my top students that opted out of the damn test. Do you think my low kids opted out? especially the ones whose parents are non-existent? I know I have to brush it off because it's a new year, but I cannot seem to do it yet.

Belinda- I really am getting used to the morning workouts and like Deb said, it is a relief to know it's done. The afternoons are less hectic now because I don't need to schedule in the workout, which is great. I help the boys with homework, get dinner started and then I can breathe.

Deb- the trip is less than a month away now! You must be getting excited.

Jessica- nice job on your workout. I have a hard time doing anything when TOTM arrives, lol.

Wendy- that last part of RK is tough after the first two segments. I have a hard time kicking at that point, lol.

Amelia- thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.

Okay, I need to get going here. BB later.

Kristin

'Morning!
Sorry for not checking in yesterday, even tho I woke up at 2:30!
Belinda, you crack me up with not buying any more workouts and then thinking about the new KCM!
Amelia, hope your brother is able to come home soon, and things calm down for you.
Kristin, you are really getting those workouts done in the a.m. I like doing it then b/c of the happy feeling to start the day, plus the accomplished feeling that it is done.
Jessica, xtrain legs is on my schedule for tomorrow. Picturing you on your polka-dot bike.
Wendy, hope you are able to catch a breathe now that the book is released. How do you get the bookings for guest posts?
Deb, rt is coming up soon! You must be getting excited. Got an invitation to attend friend's daughter's 30th b'day celebration. Now I am feeling old!
Yesterday did push/pull. Today was a JS dance walk. Hoping to squeeze in a 3 miler with the dogs and dh this evening. Received an order for hardshell and keyboard for new laptop, plus a carrying case. Only hardshell is for wrong size. I really dislike returning things...
Cookie

Good morning,

After my coffee I will do: SBF Adv. UB+Core=12 min + Stopwatch Planks (UB+Core)= 15 min.

Cookie - I always look/check out new dvd's:eek: I am not buying them;) I need to use what I have and quit frankly…….there isn't anything new out there. I already got it:( We having a community yard sale in Oct. I will try to sell some of my workout dvd's. I haven't used them in a long time, to high impact. Nice job on your workout yesterday.

Kirstin - nicely done with HR upper body premix. I am also trying to get my workouts in the morning:D I like having the time in the afternoon.

Debbie - now we gonna see the same studio setting with a lot of instructors:eek: I think it's smart for Cathe doing this;) When do you go to FL?

Jessica - good job on CM. That's a tough one. Haven't done that one in a long time.

I will be back later.

Hi Ladies!

Thank goodness Turbo Barre was on the schedule today, because I didn't feel like doing anything. :/ I got through 45 mins of it only. Today was my first day wearing the FitBit Zip and came in at only 5,095 steps! :p

Kristin- Oh my gosh, your neighbor sounds awesome! Great work with the UB.

Cookie- You woke up at 2:30 am? Great workouts.

Belinda- Nice workout!

Hi Debbie, Amelia and Wendy. :)

Jessica

Hi,

Today I did Pyramid Lower body.

Ugh, tonight backing in the garage my wheel & bumper caught on a bike pedal and pulled it off:eek::(. DH & DS tried to put it in place but it needs to be secured better so will bring it in for service, hopefully it won't cost too much & I don't have to replace:rolleyes: I'm so :mad: at myself.

Belinda - I leave for FL on 10/9. I bet you will do good with the yard sale:)

Kristin - That is so nice of your neighbor the boys must be so happy.

Cookie - It's crazy how time flies and each year passes so quickly! I hope you were able to go back to bed after waking so early.

Jessica - Great job with Cyclemax.

Waves hi to Amelia & Wendy

Hi Ladies!

WHEW! Week one of the tour is done! Fashionista is launched and is getting good reviews YAY!

This week has shaped up like this so far:

M: Rockout Knockout
T: Great Glutes
W: Book launch date, OFF!
TH: Kelly's Muscle Up #1

I hope to get 2/3 more workouts in to finish out the week.

Deb-If it makes you feel better, I backed out of the garage once, wasn't paying attention, and ripped off the side mirror on the driver's side of my car. Let's just say that was an expensive OOPS. :p

Jessica-I have never done all of Turbo Barre at one time, I have to split that one up. How do you use it?

Cookie-I pay a book tour company to coordinate the tour for me. They reach out to book reviewers and bloggers, then when they sign up they are given an advance copy of the book to read and review. I've gotten to know a lot of bloggers and I always approach them for a read and review prior to publication date. :)

Belinda-I love KCM-like LOVE her-but I didn't order the Kettlebell one yet. Not sure I want to make the commitment to a DVD and equipment yet for that one.

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.