Commit to get FIT & Lean for September 2014!

'Evening!
Belinda, 6 lbs! Do you think that was from doing the higher rep workouts? My dogs want to walk in the humidity, but then they get sick and it is no fun.
Amelia, thinking of you. Hope all is well.
Kristen, walking in the humidity is no fun. Tuesday morning was particularly horrible. Working out the morning seems to give me more energy also, but plus then I know I got it done. Glad the first day went well.
Jessica, We went to SLO years ago as part of a much longer vacation. It was beautiful. I'll have to look at the link for the photo.
Wendy, glad you didn't get scared away. This must be a very hectic, stressful, anxious and proud time for you.
Deb, Hope things calm down quickly. It must be exhausting.
Didn't have time to get a workout in this morning but got a walk in this evening. Yesterday was strain back, shoulders, chest.
Cookie

Hi Ladies,

I took a rest day yesterday. Tonight was Xtrain Legs. Love that one.

Belinda-Great workouts, you're always so on top of things! :)

Kristin- Great job getting those workouts in nice and early!

Wendy- Ooh I love Super Cuts! That's so cool that you are an author, I'll have to check out your books. :)

Cookie- Sorry about the strains...ouch! Great job walking! Way to keep moving. :)

Deb- I hope your workload lightens up soon!

Jessica

Hi,

I didn't workout today but almost hit 16,000 steps. I needed to do work at L&T and Macy's in NYC today so I walked instead of taking the subway knowing I wouldn't get in exercise later so it paid off.

Belinda - Wow, 6lbs that is awesome!!

Kristin - You deserved a good class & I'm sure you had a positive influence on last year's class:)

Amelia - How is your brother?

Cookie - It must have been nice to walk tonight, at least the evenings are cooler.

Wendy - You must be so excited about the new book:)

Jessica - I'm wondering why your back hurts during Slide & Glide, maybe you are leaning a certain way:confused:

Goodnight:)

'Morning!
Belinda, just curious what made you decide to try SB workouts?
Kristin, glad things went well yesterday. That's terrific. One of my dogs gets overheated easily, so while she is definitely nuts, lately I've been leaving her home and then just playing w/her in the yard. However, when it is 0 degrees out, she'll be more than happy to be outside. Tell you, she's crazy. LowMax bothers my back, and s&g slightly.
Amelia, thinking of you.
Jessica, I really like super cuts and I just think of it as fun. Guess if I had to classify, I'd say cardio.
Wendy, so excited for you and your book.
Deb, good thinking on walking and awesome on the steps. Bet you slept well.
Xtrain bi and tri done! Off to earn $$$!
Cookie

Good morning,

This morning I will do Barre 12 = 33 min + Hip, Back of legs = 10 min.

Cookie - Sorry about the strains:( SBF offered a 2 week FREE trial a few month ago. Alesia and I wanted to give it a whirl:p After the 2 weeks, Veterans Day Suzanne offered a year streaming for only $60:eek: I couldn't pass that up;) I figured, if I only do her workouts twice a week it's still worst it. I am very happy with it. Suzanne is amazing:D I went completely out of my comfort zone with the Barre workouts. My body is loving it too. After Cathe's long Bodybuilding rotation, I needed a change from heavy lifting and high intensity. I was burned out and now I do more gentle, kind workouts:) It's all good. With Suzanne's workouts, I feel worked out but not wiped out. I think, my weight loss was from lighter weights/high reps. My dogs don't want to walk in that heat either.

Debbie - good job getting your steps in! Sometimes change is good.

I will be back later.

Hey girls,

I just finished both my workouts My glutes are on fire Plus I painted this morning, that counts for a UB workout

Have a great Friday, everyone.

Hi Ladies!

Last night I did Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's. Feeling it, too, HA!

I just completed my blog posts for my virtual book tours coming up in the next two weeks. Whew. I needed to get focused and do them and I'm so happy they are DONE!

Belinda-Painting totally counts as an upper body workout, doesn't it? How often do you do Barre workouts during your week? That's what I'm struggling with, how to fit one or 2 in because I really like lifting weights, too.

Cookie-Okay, thanks for classifying Super Cuts as cardio. I wanted it to be a light cardio, LOL! ;)

Deb-What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?

Jessica-I have all my book descriptions on amazon and on my author website, www.avenellis.com Thank you for your interest! :D

Wendy

Happy Friday ladies! :cool:

Any plans for the weekend? We're having a bbq with some friends, other than that cleaning and meal prep! Tonight was Athletic Training, wow that one tough! :confused: Especially after leg day.

Deb- Amazing job with those steps! Holy cow!

Cookie- Great job with the Bis and Tris! I missed out on that one this week, took a rest day instead. Kinda missed it. :p

Belinda- Whew, painting is tough! Great work.

Wendy- Great workouts and thanks for the link!

Hi Amelia and Kristin!

Jessica

Hey girls,

My brother is doing well, he will be out of ICU either today or tomorrow and be in his own room. I went and saw him Wednesday and he was awake, he can't talk so he wrote down that he was happy I was there and that praying works :) It was so sweet.

No workouts to reports :eek: its shameful - I've been thinking about getting back on the wagon in the mornings again, before work. I miss my workouts.

Weight Watchers sent a promotional letter through the mail. It I join for a month I will get a free starter kit :eek: I remember the last time I joined WW'ers I payed close to 35$ for it. I'm thinking about it. I think the meetings would do me some good right now since I can't stay focused on anything:(

Sorry to post and run but I've got to get ready for work. I will read over the thread tonight or tomorrow and do personals then. Have a great day:)

Good morning,

After my coffee I will do: SBF Arms w/ball = 15 min + UB+Core+Stretch= 30 min.

Wendy - I do Suzanne Bowen Fitness streaming (SBF) workouts every day. She post rotations every month. I in week 4 of her Revolution rotation, I have 2 weeks left. I love lifting heavy too, but after years of working hard my body needs a brake. Right now, I like the change:)

Jessica - fantastic job on AT. That's a tough one. Need to pull that one out soon.

Amelia - I am so happy your brother is doing better. I will still keep in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi Kirstin, Cookie and Debbie.

I will be back later.

'Morning!
Belinda, you sure are tempting me to do more barre workouts, and I do enjoy them. Already, you have me changing me to hi reps on the rotation. While I do really like me, I haven't done hi reps in a while. Painting definitely is an ub wo!
Amelia, I'm so glad to hear your brother should be out of ice soon, and I'll be he was happy you were there. It is so emotionally draining visiting and having someone ill. I used to go to ww w/one of my sisters as her "diet coach" (Yeah, I know!) and thought the group sessions were helpful. Unfortunately, once I wasn't able to keep attending w/her she stopped going also, and just was doing online which didn't work as well for her. You know yourself better than anyone.
Kristin, glad the first days have gone well. Have no idea how you could do AT after students! That one is tough. Sounds like a fun weekend for you. We were supposed to go to a wine/food festival but other couple isn't feeling well, so think we're staying home. And that's what I want to do.
Jessica, meant to explain it was the rain I wanted to send your way the other day. We got a lot of it. Your upcoming vacation makes me envious.
Wendy, bet you're busy! What blogs will you be guest posting on? I'm looking forward to the Prince Harry book.
Deb, what kind of shoes do you wear for all that running around? Have you ever been to The Peculiar Bar in NYC? Heard they have a fantastic Brazilian Black Beer that I think we'll have to go check out next time we visit the NYC son.
Did 40/20 hiit this morning and modified. I've fallen a few time doing straddle jumps, so a star jump on the rebounder worked for me. Sitting here trying to type this while my glasses are still fogging up from the workout!
Cookie

Evening Ladies!

Last night I did Lean Legs & Abs. This one has a high fun factor for me. This afternoon I did Party Rockin Step #2, and quit about 1/4 into the final "put it all together combo" because I was WIPED OUT. :eek:

Amelia-So glad to hear your brother is healing and will be moving out of ICU.

Jessica-We have a BBQ tonight, too. Must be the weekend for them!

Belinda-Ah so you do some kind of barre everyday? They opened a barre studio in my town and it's really popular. The only barre I've tried is Cathe's Turbo Barre. ;)

Cookie-I will be on several book blogs every day next week, and I post the ones I'm at on my author FB page https://www.facebook.com/AvenEllis1 :) Waiting for Prince Harry is my best selling book right now, but I think Fashionista might beat it. At least I hope I keep growing with each launch, you know?

Oh, and I'd rather stay home tonight too than go to this BBQ but it's for husband's job so off I go with a smile on my face...HA!

:)Wendy

Hi Ladies-

Today was Hardstrikes- cardio and core sections. I love that one so much. I think because the music is so good and you work off the beat.

Amelia- Glad to hear your brother is doing ok. :)

Belinda- Great work as always. :cool:

Cookie-Hahhaha the fogged glasses. LOL Great job with the 40/20. Falling off the step scares me. It doesn't look that high up, but sure feels like it.

Wendy- Well it's the last days of summer, gotta get those BBQs in. :p Lean Legs and Abs is a fun workout!

Hi Kristin and Debbie.

Good night,

Jessica

Belinda- Great job on your workout workouts today.

Wendy-I can relate to being wiped out during a 'put it all together' end of a workout. The Step Blast workouts rings a bell :eek:

Jessica-Nice job with HS, its such a fun workout. I may pull that one out tomorrow. I miss cathe

Kristin-How did the meet and greet go? I need to walk my boxer everyday, she is nutso...maybe that will help:confused:

Cookie-Great job on your workout today! LOL at your glasses fogging up as you type. I have to sit down for at least 10 minutes after a workout and just cool off or I will sweat all day. I'm still contemplating WWer's :confused: I just don't know if I want to give them anymore of my $ when I know I can lose weight by counting calories. :eek: ( of course I haven't done that yet:eek:)

Debbie-Great job walking instead of taking the subway, I need to get me a pedometer, I wonder how many steps I take at work?

I will bb tomorrow

Hi,

I didn't get workouts in on Friday or today:( I have about 11 hot yoga classes I must take before they expire beginning of October, so I will be doing it a lot of hot yoga this month:)

My friend from Long Island came up today for the day so we spent it in my in-laws pool, a fair & quick dinner it was a busy day! She came up to see my SIL's grandson and we all realized how hard it is to take care of a 2 year old.

Belinda - Which room did you paint? In the Spring, we need to do some work on our house.

Kristin - Did your son start Fall ball yet?

Amelia - I'm happy to hear your brother is doing well:) You probably take a lot of steps at work!

Cookie - I try to get comfortable shoes but they are difficult to find and I wear them out so quickly:confused: We haven't been out in NYC in awhile but for my birthday DH bought we tickets to a play next weekend, so I can't wait:)

Jessica - Hardstrikes is a good one! Have fun at your bbq.

Wendy - I am a merchandiser mostly for Macy's & seasonally for Kohl's, Lord & Taylor, Bloomies & JCP. I work for the manufacturer and set-up/maintain displays for women's wallets, some handbags. Party Rockin Step 2 is really hard for me too!

Good morning,

SBF Active stretch = 15 min is done!

Cookie - if you don't see any changes, I say do more Barre workouts;) Change is good. Suzanne offers FREE trial;) I am so close to cancel my Cathe preorder:eek: I know, I sound like an old record:D I have enough dvd's and with youtube I am a happy camper:eek: Plus I don't do HiiT workouts lately. Heck, I still haven't open my Xtrain set:roll eyes: Why do I need more:eek:

Debbie - you gonna be all stretched out this month:p

Jessica - fantastic job on HS, that's a tough one!

Wendy - yes, I do Barre workouts every day. The last few years I been doing very heavy weight training, I am kinda burned out! I do Suzanne Bowen Fitness Barre streaming. Her streaming is a lot cheaper than going to a studio;)

Have a great day, everyone!

'Evening!
Belinda, well tomorrow I'm doing hi reps and think I'll switch around for more higher reps and barre! See, I listen!
Kristin, it was a beautiful day for walking here. How was it in LI? Were the boys at b'ball today?
Amelia, I'm so glad to hear how you are doing. I love that stupid little Fitbit; it really does motivate me to move. Bet you get a lot of steps in at work.
Jessica, I'm so impressed that you would paint a treadmill. I wouldn't even think of it, let alone do it. You must be very creative.
Wendy, only a couple of more days! I looked in iBooks but couldn't find your books. Very annoying. So I called our local store and they're ordering it.
Deb, my daughter will be appalled but I'm thinking of getting Danskos. Heard they are really comfortable but am having a hard time with the look. She would die if I showed up to visit her with them on. Glad you had a good time with your friend and sol. Babies are for the young.
Back on my decluttering spree again. Went thru files and moved things around. We must have gone thru a 100 pounds of paper! Feels so good. Went for a walk this afternoon - it was gorgeous. Meant to tell - last week had to go to dr and while there she looked at my toe. I'm losing the toenail from all the walking. While it's gross I can't help feeling rather proud - I'm an athlete!
Cookie

Hi,

Today was a beautiful day!!

I took a hot yoga class, went to the Farmer's market & my in-laws pool. It was somewhat sad because it could be the last year for it if they sell their house:( The pool & backyard are really big don't think he will get that in Florida. So many memories, we had our engagement party & we spent so many summer days their especially when the boys were young.

Belinda - I love doing barre too! It seems like everyone is getting into streaming, I saw a post on Videofitness that lists them & couldn't believe the variety.

Cookie - I forgot how much your DD likes shoes, the Danskos do look comfortable. Ouch, on the toe but your right at least it was for a good reason;)

Waves hi to everyone

Happy Monday everyone! I am sorry I haven't been able to check in. My Internet was down on Saturday. I tried to log in on my phone but it was taking forever. Anyway, I survived the first week back, lol. Thursday was Meet the Teacher Night. I didn't get home until 10 and I was exhausted. Friday was a rest day because I couldn't get up to work out, I was so tired. Saturday I did Intensity, double Hiit and bootcamp premix. Sunday DS had a double-header and with all the running around, I was exhausted again. No workout. This morning I did Supercuts. Getting ready to get in the shower now. Just wanted to make sure I got on here today.

Meet the teacher night was very good. A good parent turnout in most classes. All the parents who came seem to be on board with the curriculum and my Eboard, a new app I am using to text students reminders and what not. It was just exhausting, like I said, especially with the heat and humidity. Then Thursday and Friday, the most humid days of the week, my principal decides to have two fire drills a day. I was sweating so much, you would have thought I just did an IMAX workout, lol. It was awful, really, no joke.

Anyway, I survived, like I said. :)

I will bbl with personals. Have a great day everyone.

Kristin

Good morning,

Did my workouts a while ago:) I did SBF Vintage Bikini Butt = 15 min + LB Barre 12 = 35 min. Booty is on fire:eek:

Cookie - you are funny:p Funny, I never liked Barre workout until I did Suzanne workouts:D Crazy, hah?:eek: Personally I need a brake from heavy lifting. Can't wait to hear what you did today:p

Kirstin - Cathe's website is down a lot lately:eek: Good job this morning.

Debbie - good job with your Hot Yoga class. Glad you had fun yesterday.I am not big on streaming with other instructors:D They are to expensive, IMO! Except Suzanne:eek: Love the variety with Barre:eek:

Ok, need to get ready to paint more door's upstairs. Just in case you all wondering why we are painting again? Well, when we did the hallway trim/molding, we picked white. When we painted the trim last year we picked an off white. We must have thrown the paint pallet out some how? Anyway, not one door upstairs matches the trim/molding. And trust me, you can see a difference! So, we decided to match every the door color with the trim in the hallway. Which is WHITE!
I am getting really good in painting, lol!

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great Monday, everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.