Commit to get FIT & Lean for August 2014!

'Morning!
Belinda, just wondering where in the USA is Belinda? I'm picturing you as Carmen Santiago from the long-gone kids' show. Drive safe.
Amelia, good for you getting in that early morning power walk. Do you have street lights near you? It's quite dark here at that time that why I ask. That's the time I have to get my workouts in, so that's why as Deb says I'm in the basement.
Kristin, I'm so glad it is not only me boosting the US economy w/spending money this week! I can't believe we're back. Our scores are bad, which make it harder to get motivated. About 10% of the new teachers we hired have already left! That's not motivating me either. One of my sisters is on a rt to visit quite a few of the baseball parks. She's taking her son, and letting her husband along to drive!
Deb, hope you're okay from the slip. How are your wrists from the fall. Did you get a fitbit? It motivates me to get my steps in, but I'm too lazy to input my workouts. Not that I've done much this week! I've actually been to DC lots of time, but all but twice were work related. I would love to just spend days in the museums. I try to walk around the mall area and see the monuments and memorials. Have you seen the Korean War memorial? That one really stays w/me - it's spooky.
Jessica, welcome! I love our group, and hope you will also! Where in California are you? I love it there. One of my most memorable vacations was in Tule Lake and exploring the lava tubes.
Moved lots of boxes from buildings to car to buildings to rooms, and that was yesterday's workout. Today is a long dog walk, errands, going back to work for copying and organizing, and then wine. Wasn't able to get appt w/Belinda's stylist when in DC so finally got the roots covered yesterday. Sad to say, I feel a lot better.
Cookie

Good morning,

I am home:eek: We got back late last night. It feels good to be back. We had a lot of fun on vacation. I think, I will do SBF rotation for a month or two? I need a break from heavy lifting. I did see nice definition in my UB with Cathe's bodybuilding rotation, but nothing drastic. Maybe I been doing heavy lifting for too long? It's time to switch things up. Like I said, I will do SBF for a few month, her workouts are high reps. And see what happened:D

Cookie - are you still in DC? Love going to the museums, monuments and memorials. Did you get your hair done? Not sure, if I ask you before? How do you like it? Next time you in DC, let me know in advance .Aleisa and I can meet you in DC;) Besides my husband, nobody in our family works out:eek::confused:

Kirstin - sorry about your stomach. Your stomach isn't used to that kinda food anymore. It is…I was thinking what SNM said about streaming? You can't get internet:roll eyes: That will take years.

Amelia - good job keeping up with your workouts. How is your brother?

Debbie - good job on GG and BM2 UB. Sorry about you slipped. Be carful, girl. My family thinks I am crazy for working out, lol.

Jessica - Hi and welcome:D Afterburn is brutal. Fantastic job.

I will be back after my coffee. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Hey guys. Just finished Rockout Knockout. I did it straight through, no premixes. I also attempted the 40 push up challenge. I did it and had my DS videotape it, but I don't think my form was good, so I'm not putting it on Facebook, lol.

DH and I are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate our anniversary. The real date is the 25th, but it's a Monday and we have a kids' birthday party to go to as well, so we decided to celebrate it tonight.

Belinda- I agree changing things up is good for the body and muscles. You lifted heavy for months! I am doing Total Body workouts right now at least once a week, then cardio straight, then metabolic and one circuit too. It seems to be working for me, lol.

Cookie- I used to have the video game, Where in the World is Carmen Santiago. It was a lot of fun. The scores cause a dread factor for me. I feel that I work really hard and sacrifice a lot of personal time during the year planning and grading and for what? To be beaten down before the first day? In MS they realize the scores do not count for the students and a lot of them do not opt out try until they reach frustration and then bubble in anything because they give up. Not a reflection of what we do in my class at all.

Jessica- AB is a killer. I love All Out. It is one of my favorites.

BBL

Kristin

Good afternoon,

I did SBF UB & Core 3 = 30 min and Bring Sally Up Planks. My UB is fried.

Kirstin - good job with your workout today. Like how you mix your workouts up. Maybe in a few weeks I will do something similar? Maybe more high reps workouts? I think SBF is perfect for me right now, I need to give my muscles a break after 9 month of heavy lifting.

I am getting ready to go to a BBQ next door and it's raining:roll eyes: Not sure, how long I will stay?

Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great Saturday.

Hi,

Today I did Trisets UB but skipped back & abs even though I felt like I could do it. It wasn't the best day today but at least it didn't rain. I can't believe how fast the summer went by:( The leaves are starting to fall from the trees.

I'm watching my SIL's dog and it's not going to well some accidents & wakes us up so early.

Belinda - Welcome back!!! We missed you:) I think you should switch it up.

Kristin - Wow that was a lot of shopping but better to get it all done at once. Do you get a list of your students before school starts? Happy Anniversary!!!

Amelia - That is early . . .could use you here to wake up with SILs dog:eek: Great job with your walk!

Cookie - I've only been to Washington, DC once when DH & I were single we went from NJ to Washington in one day & went to see the Pandas at the zoo. We passed the monuments but didn't have time to stop, hopefully someday. Do you plan to do more of the King Arthur baking classes?

Jessica - Great job with All out Hiitt! Which part of California do you live? I have a fitbit but I bought the one that attaches to my clothes & can see throughout the day how many steps I have. I don't really take the time to download workouts or steps.

Goodnight:)

Last edited:
'Morning!
Belinda, welcome back! We've missed you checking in regularly. I agree, switching things up is a good idea. When I go it is generally just for a few days but will definitely let you know the next time. It would be great to see you and Alexia again (and other family members). Wasn't able to get an appt when there but did manage to get the roots done on Friday evening with my regular stylist. TG! I really don't like looking like a skunk. How was the bbq?
Amelia, are you working today? How do you juggle getting yourself and everyone else out in the morning?
Kristin, your workout plan sound similar to what I was doing in the spring. Happy anniversary! It's definitely something to celebrate. I'm always rather surprised by folks who say they don't. Re test scores: some of our high school teachers don't know yet what sections they are teaching. So, is it French I, II, or III, for example. How will that affect their planning and instruction?!!! Yet, students received their schedules on Thursday and Friday. My mind just can't understand how this happens.
Jessica, how's your weekend been? How did you discover Cathe?
Deb, good idea on skipping the back portion. As you know, I'm always in favor of skipping abs. Amazing how that is also my least favorite body part - guess there's a correlation. You could have a business going as a dog sitter. What kind of dog is your sil's?
Received my new Cathe bands yesterday, so planning on trying out an ub wo using them, and a dog walk. Hoping dh will agree to take me to his office so I can use their photocopier. After receiving an email that my building was to be open all day yesterday, and driving in (about an hour), the building was only open to custodial staff to wax the floors. Not going to spend $ at Staples since it is a lot. Then we can finish off our "date" with grocery shopping! It would also be nice to get in a walk around home.
Cookie

Hi Ladies! I took yesterday as my active recovery day. I went on a little hike and walking for about an hour and a half. Today is Supercuts, this will be my first time doing this one. I'm excited!

Cookie- Thank you for the welcome! I live in Los Angeles. I looked up Tule, never heard of it and it is right at the top of CA! The farthest north I've been is San Fransico. Exploring the lava tubes sounds neat. I discovered Cathe on Myfitness Pal. It sounds like you've had a busy weekend. Having your hair done always feels good! :D

Belinda- Thank for the welcome! Ah, back from vacation. That sounds so lovely. My vacation isn't until mid October, can't wait. Changing up your routine sounds like a good plan.

Kristin- Great workouts. And wow, you lifted heavy for 9 months? Awesome! I hope you got to enjoy that bbq.

Debbie-Great job with the Trisets! We lose sleep too whenever we dog sit our in-laws dogs. They tend to pace all night. :confused: I can't believe how fast summer went either. :(I live in Los Angeles. That's so cool that your Fitbit attached to your clothes. I've only seen the band ones. I have to check them out.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday ladies!

Hey girls,

Just finished a 30 minute weight workout. Its a new one of Leslie called 'walk it off in 30 days' she has two workouts on there, one power walk and one weight workout.

I'm gonna go take a shower and do some cleaning. I promise I will bb today for some personals :eek:

Good afternoon,

The party was a lot of fun last night. We didn't stayed out late this time, DH and I are beat:eek:

Today was an Active Stretch. Not really, felt more like an UB/core workout:p It's all good. I also did a 20 min LB workout (bodyweight workouts). That's it for me.

Thanks Cookie:D I missed you guys too. It felt a little weird not checking in every day:eek::p I don't know how people live without/or little internet in the west? Usually I use the Campgrounds Wifi, most of the campground Wifi SUCK:eek: How do you like your new laptop? What did you end up buying?
I finished all my grocery shopping yesterday.

Debbie - good idea skipping the back workout. It did feel like fall yesterday, didn't it?:confused: I had a dress on and was cold with all that rain yesterday. I still want to go to the beach soon:eek:

Amelia - good job on LS today. I haven't done her workouts in ages.

Jessica - where are you going on in Sept? We still want to head out to the beach and Niagara Falls soon. I am hope the weather is gonna change soon. I also have MFP:) I lost all my post count while on vacation:rolleyes::confused: Oh well, I guess I have to start all over again.

Kirstin - what are your plans today? Getting ready for school?

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great Sunday,everyone.

Hi,

I did trisets lower body today. We took the boys & gfs out to dinner tonight since my younger son wasn't around when it was my older son's birthday. It was an italian restaurant we went to about 15 years ago & it was still good, especially the bread & tomatoes:)

Belinda - You must be so tired from your trip & going to a party last night. It must be nice to exercise at home & have internet:eek:

Kristin - I'm sure your enjoying the last days before work:)

Amelia - Don't worry about personals at least your getting in workouts & checking in;)

Cookie - That must have been so frustrating not being able to do the copying:( I want to say my SILs dog is a cocopoo or as my DH says a fluff dog.

Jessica - I know you were pretty far from the earthquake but did you feel aftershocks? It is so scary.

Hi. Checking in again because Supercuts was a blast! Wow, I loved it!! So many different moves packed into 45 mins, with great music also! :D

Belinda- We are going up North to San Luis Obispo. We usually take our dogs on vacation with us, so we can't go too far. :p Maybe one day. I love it there, you have the beach and the mountains and no crowds. Oh no, I hate it when I lose my count on MFP, bummer. My screen name is Nevergiveup8513, if you or anyone else wants to "friend" me there as well. :)

Debbie- The creepy thing is, part of my family was in Napa last week from Wed. to Saturday! They came back just in time! No, we haven't felt any aftershocks, thank goodness.

Amelia- Great work today!

Goodnight ladies!

Morning,

I'm up early to get my workout in before work. I haven't decided what yet, probably do power walk with Leslie...but I really want to do a Cathe. I will check back in after I'm done with the results

Jessica: Great job on supercuts, I forgot about that workout. Its super fun!

Debbie-^5's on your LB workout yesterday, your dinner sounds yummy. We had Italian too, turkey spaghetti :) My kids loved it.

Cookie-Mondays is the only morning I really struggle with the kids, the other mornings my hubby is home to get them on the bus:) How did you like your new Cathe bands? No news on my brother yet, guess the doctors are really busy:( My dad called Friday for an update and they haven't returned his phone call yet.

Belinda-Yay, your back!! Glad you had a good time! And I'm sure you rocked every workout while you were away:)

Kristin-DH and I need to start having a date night, I say that but it never happens.:confused: Great job on your workout.

bbl

Low Impact Step done:) I think my knee and feet are getting stronger, no real pain lately. well, come to think of it - I did buy new workout shoes last week, perhaps thats it :rolleyes:

have a great day girls

Good morning,

Today I will start Week 3 of SBF Revolution Challenge w/Barre Fire 2 = 45 min.

Debbie - it does feel good to be home. Yesterday we relaxed for the most part. Good job on Trisets LB yesterday.

Jessica - nicely done on SC yesterday. Your upcoming vacation sounds lovely. We also take our dogs on vacation:D What kind of dogs to you have? I have a German Shepard mix and a Lab mix, they both adopted. Can't believe they already 9 years old. I am bayerngirl on MFP:) I will look you up later today.

Amelia - getting the right shoe makes all the difference. Soon I need to get a new pair. You are getting into walking, good job!

Waving Hi to Cookie and Kistin.

I will be back later. Have a great Monday.

Hi,

My lower body was so sore today, the dixie cup lunges always get me + didn't do the cooldown/stretch yesterday:eek:. This was my 1st day to cover in NYC store and I walked over 12,000 steps, I only go every other day for the next 2 weeks.

I tried to do a yoga dvd it was impossible I was too tight, tried to do Stretchmax but couldn't find & realized it was downstairs so I just went back & did the cooldown/stretch I didn't do yesterday, didn't have much energy for anything else;)

Belinda - I didn't realize you had a German shepard/lab mix that is what my son adopted, I really like that mix. I hear such good things about SBF barre.

Amelia - Shoes make such a big difference! Turkey spagetti sounds so good:)

Jessica - TG your family was gone, surprised by all how much damage their was. I always forget how much fun Super cuts is!

Waves hi to Kristin & Cookie

Hi All,

Well, Debbie, I felt like you today. I was sore from Supercuts yesterday and didn't have much energy. I got through 20 min of Burnsets tonight. Great job with the 12k steps!

Amelia- Great work with the step challenge! The step workouts are my weakness. I have no rythm. :eek:

Belinda- I have two Weimaraners. :) Great work today. I love Barr workouts.

Hi Cookie and Kristin!

Jessica

Good morning,

Today I will do SBF Active Stretch 3 and maybe a dog walk.

Cookie - are you traveling again?

Debbie - good job getting all your steps in. Yes, we have a German Shepard mix and a Labrador Boxer mix. They both great dogs. Dixie cups gets me every time too. Stretch those sore muscles.

Jessica - maybe you should take a rest day! My two dogs are like my babies:eek: I'll bet yours are too. Good job on your workouts yesterday.

Kirstin - Happy Anniversary! Hope you had fun yesterday.

Amelia - l was eating lots of Bison meat in the west. I was eating it so much, I can't eat another one:eek:

I will be back later today. Have a dental appointment this morning.

'Morning!
Belinda, I loved eating the bison burgers out west. We have them in some of the frozen food sections here but not quite as good as my memory. Got a mac book pro w/retina, which is really nice. Cannot believe how much faster this one is than my old one, which was almost 9 years old - vintage! The Cathe bands are tough! Much more resistance than other ones.
Amelia, walking has been my main exercise lately, that and various 100s. Mondays are always hard for me, and I no longer have little ones to get out - just me and dh. However, he is like a kid to get moving. How's the job?
Kristin, my eating was so bad yesterday due to stress. I need to be more conscious of what I'm putting in my mouth. How are you so good about it?
Jessica, glad you and your family weren't affected by earthquake. Thank goodness there weren't more serious injuries. Tule was the site of a long Native American standoff with the US, as well as a reinternment location, and the horseradish capital of the world. A hole in the wall spot that was quite interesting.
Deb, is a cocopopo a cocker spaniel and a poodle? The word sounds like it might have adifferent meaning if in a preschool! I've been very tired this past week - think it might be the weather also?
Did a core exhale thigh/glute wo. Hope to get a walk in this evening w/dogs if get home early enough.
Cookie

Good morning,

SBF Active Stretch 3 and walk done!

Cookie - are those Barre workouts? Glad you like your new computer. Yeap, they are getting better and faster:D Costco sells Bison ground beef;) We always buy it here, not cheap:(

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day, everyone.

Hi,

I did 4 day split chest & shoulders. The YMCA is closed this week was tempted to go back but will have to wait till after Labor Day. This week is going to fast, but can't wait for the weekend!

Belinda - My son loves Bison meat but your right it is expensive. Great job with your workout.

Kristin - Are you getting in lots of pool time?

Amelia - Are you still thinking about trying the gym with the classes?

Cookie - I'm sure I ate lots of Bison out west but don't remember, just remember the berry which was in everything sweet:eek: I'll have to ask my SIL not sure about the dog. I have a couple of Exhale w/o's on my Amazon wishlist:)

Jessica - Step is hard for me too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.