Commit to get FIT & Lean for August 2014!

Kristen - We used to go to an Advetureland in Queens as a kid and when DH & I were dating. Wondering if its the same one?

'Morning!
Our internet connection here is not the best, and it seems to quite after about an hour. During the week, work emails took up that hour, but not today!
Belinda, can't wait to hear about your travels and the sites you have seen. Drive safe!
Amelia, how is your brother doing? I've been thinking about him.
Kristin, what a fantastic gift! It's a memory maker. I've been having a couple of glasses of wine a day (!) lately. Actually, earlier this morning, I was even looking in a tour book for a wine tasting tour! When I get home, I'm going to aim for only a glass or two on a week.
Deb, I've been thinking a lot about you and the possible move. Do you think w/age some times folks hold tighter to the idea of blood being thicker than water? Could it be your fil is suffering a bit w/mental aging? It sounds like you are feeling betrayed. Could the stress also be causing you to feel tired?
I've been working one muscle group each day w/lots of 100s. Today was triceps, and now I feel sore just lifting my coffee cup! We've also been walking a lot on the beach, which means my calves are only going to look even more muscular. A couple of weeks ago, I stopped in a friend's summer school second grade class and one of her students told me I had a lot of veins on my feet! Then another pointed out they were also on my hands. A third commented on my muscular legs (meaning my calves). They sure know how to lower any self-esteem! Too bad it wasn't a science lesson.
Cookie

Hey girls,

Sorry for being MIA - I've just had nothing to report. :eek: I'm not sure whats going on with me, perhaps its my brother's situation but I have just lost all motivation for working out and eating healthy. The past two weeks haven't been great :(

I don't know whats been going on with you guys, I need to go back and read the thread to see whats up lately.

My Brother went for another scan and they found that the mouth cancer has spread to his jaw and lymph nodes.
He seems fine though, except for the swelling of his cheek ( where the cancer is at). We will know more about it next week but there talking about a 12 hour surgery they will include removing his jaw and taking bone out of his leg to replace it. It all seems so surreal at this point. We're staying hopeful that he will be ok. The doctors seem like he will be fine since he's only 37.

Anyways...just letting you guys know that I'm still around. Sorry for the sad news..I don't want to be a downer:eek:

Hi,

Today I did Gym Style chest & tri's I needed to modify & use lighter weights I skipped some exercises that I thought would pop my stitches but it fun to pick & choose the exercises.

I went to my in-laws today to hang by the pool. It was much better because it seems like my one SIL (she was a good friend even before dating DH) isn't going for at least 2+ years. DH & I discussed it & we won't go for about 1 1/2 - 2 years because so many things need to be completed before we leave. I feel so much better. My next door neighbors (who is also our lawyer) is going to speak to my FIL and talk him into slowing things down. I will miss them so much, wish they could be my next door neighbors forever:)

Kristin - How was the birthday gift? Was thinking about your DH & DS when the game was on.

Amelia - (((HUGS))) so sorry you & your brother are going through so much. It does seem hopeful and amazing that they can do so much now. My prayers & thought will be with you. Vent anytime you want.

Cookie - The kids don't realize you are an athlete:) Did you bring your weights with you? The thought has crossed me that my FIL may be suffering with dementia & it is effecting his thinking. IMO he should slow down his pace & use his condo for longer periods of time to make an educated decision. For the last 30 years he has owned it, he only uses it 4 weeks the whole year:confused:

Waves hi to Belinda

Goodnight:)

Hey guys. Sorry I couldn't get on to check in over the weekend. It was quite busy. Saturday Dh and DS went to Yankee game for the afternoon (with tickets from friend, not the gift, that's in September). I stayed home, cleaned, baked a cake, and tried to get the dog tired at the dog park. The dog park did not turnout so well. A lot of male "big dogs" (think pit bulls, and rotties) that were not neutered, which is a rule. They were very dominant and it caused a problem with Baxter. I had to take him out of there. Anyway, we had people over in the evening and had pizza and cake. I did manage to get a workout in. I did MMA Kickboxing. I felt I needed a "lighter" cardio. Sunday I walked Baxter and swam. No official workout. I was too tired. We had my parents and brother and sister-in-law over for dinner. Today I just finished HR. Love that workout. I didn't feel up to doing it. As a matter of fact, I was going to do PP, but my darling Baxter popped my Stability ball, and so I had to go for a workout that didn't have the ball. HR won! I pushed through it and feel better that I did.

I am also down 2 pounds. I know I should be excited, but after all the clean eating the last week, I was hoping for a better loss. I don't have a lot to lose though. I am aiming for 8-10 pounds, so I guess I have to be happy with the 2 pounds. Now I need 6-8 more down, lol.

Deb- I am glad you are feeling better about the move and slowing things down. No need to rush. Your FIL may just be feeling that time is ticking for him, which is a sad and scary thought. He might feel more secure with moving if everyone was there all at once, but you have to do what is best for yourself and your family too. Oh, Adventureland is on LI, in Farmingdale.

Cookie- I am having back to school nightmares. :(:eek: The summer is just going way too fast. I had a few drinks this weekend, lol.

Amelia- I'm continuing to pray for you and your family. Hang in there!

Belinda- wondering where you are on your trip. You must have seen amazing views by now.

Ok BBL

Kristin

Morning girls,

Yesterday after work I Immediately took off my work clothes, got dress for a workout and power walked 2 miles :D No, its not the Terminator or anything but its some form of exercise lol.

Deb-I read your situation with your FIL, I would be upset too. It took my husband years to finally stand up to his family about me, I never understood why they had there doubts but I guess in the end family is just very protective of each other. I didn't get to read about your RT, but I will Tomorrow when I have more time. Hope you had fun:)

Kristin-Great job on your workout yesterday, bummer about baxter popping your ball..he must be very rambunctious, he more courageous then my boxer, she will run then bark turn around and bark at mine. But on the other hand, I bet my lab in the back yard would pop it though, haha. WTG on the 2lbs. When does school start back for you?

Cookie- Your on the beach? sigh, sounds so nice:) How have you been doing lately? Nice job on your 100's workouts

Belinda- I see that your on an RV somewhere? Where are yall headed this time? Have a fabulous time!!

So the kids started school last thursday and both seem to like it. Both are already talking about teachers they like so im glad. They are both growing up so fast..makes me sad. :( They are both almost as tall as me:eek:

ok...bb tomorrow:)

Hi,

Weird I can only get on Cathe with my iPad. I keep getting an error page when I checkout on the desktop.

Yesterday I did Gym Style Bi's. Tonight we went to my inlaws to celebrate some of the summer birthdays. It wasn't too bad DH asked them not to talk so much about the move. My FIL looks so tired I think he is driving himself to a breakdown (hopefully not). My stitches are so itchy but that must mean its healing:) in the meantime it must look like I have bugs LOL.

Kristen - Oh thought the tour was this weekend. Have you been going to the AAA games close by? Great job with your workouts!

Amelia - Awesome getting your power walking in! It's good that the kids like school already.

Waves hi to Belinda & Cookie

Hi there!
Amelia, sorry to hear your brother needs more surgery. Any idea on when that is expected? How is he taking it? Great for you getting your walk in today! You got right back on the workout wagon. We're all concerned about you, so don't worry about letting us know how things are. Yes, I'm at the Outer Banks in NC and am loving it. Unfortunately, it is so lovely here, I really don't want to get any work done, and have been having excellent excuses for delaying. Trying to get some done in chunks of time.
Kristin, you've been busy. HR is a goodie and I love how i feel when it's done. How did the birthday cake turn out? It sounded delicious! Am reading Maureen Corrigan's (NPR's Fresh Air book reviewer) Don't Bother Me I'm Reading, and am loving it. Seems like something an English teacher would also love.
Deb, how long do you have the stitches for? Are they itchy? Amazing you could wo w/them. Really glad to hear the talk and move has slowed down. Good neighbors are extremely valuable.
Been getting in a lot of walking this week and my legs are tired today. This morning high tide was almost at peak, and the beach was really sloped. W/the wet sand and slope, I'm really going to have killer calves! We've been walking barefoot also, which really seems to work us more. Yesterday no wts but today upper body w/lots of 100s. Have already lost three new teachers and one psychologist hired! That really makes me feel like I don't want to keep doing this job.
Cookie

Hi,

Today I did a few exercises from lower body blast & lean legs. It probably was about 20-30 minutes worth of exercises. Tomorrow DH & I plan to go to the beach:cool:

Kristin - I'm hoping the 13inches of rain wasn't by you:( The weathermen didn't even see it coming. We didn't get much at all, seems like it was to isolated areas on L.I. Have you been watching the NJ Housewives? I think it's pretty good.

Cookie - I bet you wish you could work from home in NC, all year long:eek: I know what you mean about walking barefoot on the beach & the tides, it seems so much harder. I have been modifying exercises but surprised that I can do more than I thought. The stitches come out in a week. The incision was a lot bigger than I thought, anyone that has seen it is surprised.

Waves hi to everyone

'Morning!
Boy, it seems quiet w/o Belinda checking in and usually starting us off in the morning. Miss her.
Amelia, how is your brother handling the news of his health? I'm going out for a walk as soon as done here and will be thinking of you.
Kristin, 13 inches of rain? Did you get that? Wow, that's a lot. Hope all is well.
Deb, taking your idea, I did Core Fusion's thighs and glutes dvd this morning. Figured I could do it and watch the sun rise. That worked well til pretzel. What is your fav lb workout? I think mine is butts & guts. Will you have to go to dr's to get stitches out?
Worked on paperwork and am now going out for a beach walk. Hope my legs are up to it after doing that wo this morning. I really am motivated to make the most of this vacation.
Oh, have to go to mass w/Mom tonight and tomorrow are taking her on a tour to see wild horses.
Cookie

Hey everyone. Crazy weather yesterday. I was never so happy to not have a basement in my life. Everything was flooded, streets, main highways. It was crazy. My other house that I rent out has a basement, but luckily no flooding there. I woke up to the rain pounding them skylights at 4 a.m. and it just didn't stop. Then it cleared up in the afternoon. I took Baxter for an evening walk and right when I got to the furthest part of the walk, thunder, lightning and the sky opened up again. We ran home as fast as we could. I thinkBax was impressed by my speed, lol.

Yesterday I did HS and 100 reps challenge biceps. Today I did PRS 2, premix mixing both steps, and then 100 rep challenge for triceps and bonus core 1.

DH had to go to Syracuse for work today. He won't be back until tomorrow. Today I dropped off my older DS to baseball camp and then took younger DS to diner for breakfast, then the library. Then we picked up Baxter and took him to this little South Shore beach that allows dogs. He loves walking there. He is pretty tired now, lol.

Anyway, my cousin is coming over and we are planning on taking boys to a BBQ restaurant by the water. Should be fun.

Cookie- test scores came out today. I am ready to give up and find another job. The results were awful. . . awful. I am scared to find out my personal score out of 20 now. What else can I do with my degree? What's out there? Sometimes I think I would have been better off just working at Walmart. Probably would be given more respect too.

Deb- Tell me about the rain and the weathermen not knowing it was going to unload like that. Complete craziness. I have been watching RHONJ. Very interesting this season to say the least. The new girls are causing all kinds of drama.

Amelia- Baxter is a handful, lol. That is why I do so much with him to keep him focused and occupied and tired, lol. In NY schools start Sept. 2.

Okay, I need to shower and get ready for dinner.

Kristin

Deb-

Hi guys.

Today's workout was TTM. It was also the last day of DS's baseball camp. They are doing one more week next week and DS asked me to go. Money gets tight in this month but he loves it so much, I don't know what to say. It is another $200 to go next week. Plus, he wants to play travel for the fall and that is going to run us another $600. How can I say no when this is his passion? With him at camp it will be easier for me to start prepping for work, so that's a plus. I don't know. . .

Anyway, hope everyone is having a great day.

Oh, my cousin and I watched a movie last night called Gimme Shelter. It was a great movie. Sad, but it was based on a true story.

Okay, bbl,

Kristin

Hallo ladies,

Remember me:p Sorry, for not checking in, in a week. We had no internet signal at the Arch of National Park and Yellowstone Park. NONE:roll eyes: Half the time we had no phone signal either:( We stayed in Yellowstone Park for 6 day's, at an RV park right in the middle of Yellowstone Park. I saw 3 Black bears, one crossed in front of me:eek: That was scary! I filmed it, but the film is to big to sent? If anyone knows how to sent a 9 min film, please let me know;) Saw Bisons on a daily bases. I will post pic as soon as I have better internet. Today we are at Mt. Rushmore and we also saw Crazy Horse. Very interesting:D We did had 2 tire blow outs on our dolly(the thing that pulls my car) before St. Louis. We were stranded on the highway for almost 6 hours last Sunday. The tow truck from St. Louis never showed up and the insurance couldn't get anyone on a Sunday to pick us up in the middle of nowhere:mad::(:roll eyes: I did worked out on the highway, had nothing else to do. We had food and drinks:eek: We saw the Arch in St. Louis too. Tomorrow we are leaving South Dakota, we are on at AFB. Not sure, were we are going tomorrow? DH is surprising me, I guess:eek: I am done with STS. I been doing SBF on the road, it's working quit well. And yes, I am working out while DH is driving:p:eek::p No heavy weight lifting. I will try to check up on personals once I have more time. We almost have 6000 miles on our belt so far, every night we don't get to an RV park before 10 pm. By the time we hook everything up and eat dinner it's almost 11 -12 am before we get to bed.

It's getting late here and I am tired from running around all day long. Looks like you all doing amazing with your workouts. I will try to check in again maybe tomorrow?

Take care, Belinda

Hi,

Yesterday DH & I had a fun day at the beach. It wasn't really crowded:confused: which was nice. I took a rest day. Today I did Gym Style tri's & walking lunges. The weather felt like fall but didn't mind.

Belinda - We are missing you:(

Kristin - TG the flooding didn't effect your homes:) It sounds like you are having fun & getting in lots of workouts this month. I don't think it cost us to join fall ball:confused: maybe our taxes paid for it.

Cookie - Enjoy the rest of your vacation! My fave is butts & gutts too:) I will go on Tuesday to get the stiches out & see if I can do more. I just purchased silicone tape it's supposed to help with the scar & I think it will keep it secured when I exercise. Right now it looks like Frankenstein's scar.

Amelia - I hope everything is going well for you & your brother.

'Morning!
Belinda, that some of the places we went to last summer, so I can picture it all in my mind! That horrible about being stranded on the highway. Did the Tetons remind you of the Alps? You're amazing with getting your workouts in.
Ameia, how's everything going? Did you darlings start back to school already?
Kristin, TG you didn't get flooding. What did you decide on the camp? Money is tight this month and next since we won't get a paycheck til almost the middle of Sept. Then again Sept. is a tax month! Sorry I meant to compliment you on the weight loss - congrats!
Deb, how about that - buts & guts! Have heard good things about silicone tape. Are you calves sore from beach walking? I don't think I'll ever be able to wear boots again. Any thing emerging as a trend for fall/winter clothing/accessories? Not that I want to wear anything but t-shirts, shorts and sandals ever again. Real life looms tho.
Yesterday went on a tour to see wild horses, and it was really interesting. My mom was especially interested since she remembered reading Misty of Chingoteague to one of my sisters. Power of a good book! Today's our last day so plan on being lazy (why change my routine) and enjoy the beach. Walked to a pier to watch sunrise and did PowerFit dvds to make a tb workout. Broke my green band. Tomorrow is the long ride home and then a 5:30 am flight to DC for work on Monday. Ugh.
Cookie

Hi everyone. Today's workout was AT. My green and blue firewalker loops are broken. I still have the pink but thought it would be too easy so I used my green band and just tied it around my ankles. I got a good burn, but it was very awkward. I think I need to suck it up and get new bands. My discs are wearing out too, well the cloth covers anyway. I burned a hole in the center of each cover and it is getting harder to use them on the laminate flooring. Cathe doesn't sell the discs anymore, so I guess I need to look online for discs.

Anyway. . . we went out to dinner last night and got pizza. I feel guilty with all the cheats I had this week (mostly dinners) so I won't go on the scale until Monday to see how I did this week. I'm hoping for at least a one pound loss.

Cookie- we are going to send him for the week, but he used his birthday money to pay for half of it and we will pay the other half. He came up with the idea and so that shows how much he really wants to go. He got $100 for his birthday between my parents and his friends. I actually get 1/2 a paycheck the first week of September. I have to wait until the end of the month for a full check though, which is annoying. Once I get the full check we will be back on track.

Deb- this travel team is not a county team, it is pay to play. It is a lot for the fall season, but their facility is top notch and he loves it there. I told him I was willing to pay for it because he did so well in school. I told him so long as he keeps coming home with good grades and reports, I will support his baseball dream, lol.

Belinda- you are having quite an adventure! If I came fact-to-face with a black bear I would cry my eyes out and run like a lunatic, lol. I wish I was exaggerating, sadly I am probably not. I cannot believe you are working out while your DH is driving. You go girl! Have fun!

Amelia- thinking about you!

Kristin

Hi,

Today I did GS biceps & Kickmax leg drills. We went to my Mom's to celebrate my brother's & ds's birthdays. We had a lot of laughs.

Belinda - Your trip sounds awesome, I can also picture some of the places you have been from when we went many years ago. We didn't see black bears but wish we would have:) I remember how deserted some of the roads were can't imagine being stranded on them:( I think your exercising on the RV would make for a very unique you-tube video:cool: Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Kristin - I think it is great that you are letting DS follow his baseball dream. It may bring scholarship money down the road plus it can keep him out of trouble when he is older. Too funny about you wearing out your equipment. I could check on the RT to see if they have what you need and pick it up for you.

Cookie - The sunrises & tour of the wild horses sounds amazing. You must have DOMS from the beach walking I do remember that;) Everyone is wearing out their equipment which is a good thing! I may have an extra one.

Amelia - What have you been up to?

Hi,

Today I did as many exercises as I could from Lean legs & abs. It was also a sauce weekend but happy to be done:) I'm going to NYC Macy's tomorrow to meet with the girl I'm covering for because things have changed.

Hope everyone one is having a great weekend!

'Morning!
Belinda, I agree w/Deb - you should make a youtube video! It would get a lot of hits. Hope the rest of your travels go smoothly. Could you send me the name of that salon? I'm going to DC in a couple of hours. Leaving to catch plane soon.
Amelia, thinking of you.
Kristin, lol at all our bands breaking at the same time. Our boys were into hockey for years and we were constantly traveling for it, plus they did a lot of camps. Kept them very busy, which was always a great idea. How terrific that he's showing his commitment w/offering to pay for half!
Deb, there was an article in yesterday's NYT about the overhead pedestrian bridge connecting the old Gimbels to Saks, in Herald Square. Very interesting. Do your brother and ds have the same birthdates? Would love to try your sauce someday.
I got so into doing other work on the way home, that I completely forgot I had a slew of phone calls to make. Don't think anyone wants me to start doing that right now! Planning on getting in lots of steps w/travel today and being in the city.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.