Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

@SarBear

Is this below what you referred to as cathe 3 months transformation?

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/dete...transformation-challenge.295363/#post-2225350

No, the one I'm doing is supposed to be a mix of LIS and STS, however, I've been subbing in Cathe Live and now ICE for the LIS workouts.

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/january-2012-double-rotation.287356/ (I'm doing the 3 month transformation rotation found via this link)

I highly recommend it! I've never used my STS workouts this way. This rotation has you jumping around from Meso to Meso which has definitely kept my muscles guessing!

Yesterday was a basically tricep day for me, still a no go on bi's. I did 6 sets of skullcrushers, 3 sets of tri pushdowns and tri pushups (feet on bench) x 25 x 20. I was able to do some bi short ROM isometrics using the other hand for resistance 10x 10-12. Today was core day, crunches x50 x50, knee ins x25 x25. Next I did some pulley ab crunches using a close grip row attachment behind the head and went 3x10 and then 1x10 to each side..great ROM with this exercise and could really feel it! I followed with military press 2x10 and straight leg deadlifts 2x10 to warm up for deadlifts. I did 8 sets of deadlifts, divided between sumo and conventional and finished with 3 sets of glute bridges. Hope everyone has a great weekend, college bowl games for me!!

Cathe Live question????

For those of you doing the Cathe Live workouts what type of workouts are they usually? Is it mostly metabolic/circuit type of workouts?? Also are they weekly workouts????

Thanks.

Hi everyone!

Yesterday, I went for a long walk through Central Park with Adele. Ok, that sounds way more exciting than what actually happened. Ha! I was on the treadmill listening to Adele while using a treadmill app for the scenery. For Christmas, hubby got me a stand for my iPad so now I can prop it up directly in my line of sight instead of having to look down at it on the treadmill. Much more comfortable.

Today was ICE's Metabolic Total Body, the premix containing everything...main workout, BB, MM for chest and Core 1. I also did the last stretch segment from Total Body Stretching.

I really liked MTB, but to be honest, I don't know when I would use it if not in an ICE rotation. It's unusual for me to do total body workouts anymore, and if I do, it's usually one with heavier lifting. MTB is all compound moves so it gets your heart rate up, but you can't use very heavy weights. I did those kind of workouts many years ago with Jillian, and they are good for the calorie burn and toning, but you are not going to build a lot of muscle. I'd say it would work well in a weekly rotation with two days of total body heavy lifting and cardio on other days. Just my opinion!

BB - yowsa, lots of air jacks and burpees! This definitely kicks the workout up a notch. I wouldn't mind trying one of the premixes which has some of the BB moves added in during the main workout.

MM for chest - you get little recovery time between the BB and the MM so I was still pretty winded while trying to lift heavy. Didn't work. I had to go lighter. I think for the rest of the week, I will do the MM first while I'm fresh. Despite that, I loved the MM! I really think they are going to be my favorite part of this whole series.

Well, that's it for today's ICE review. Take care everyone!

Happy Monday all! Today was chest day, had water in" ye ole" basement , but it didn't really effect bench press so I was able to do 12 sets of flat bench and 6 sets of inclined bench and pushup finishers (upstairs for those) x35 x15. I was able to do a shorter rom rep at 200# for the first time in awhile and was happy about that! It wasn't a full rep, but trying to get used to heavier weights, and that can be a challenge without a spotter.My last sets of flat bench were 10# heavier than previously and my first sets of inclines were 10# heavier than previously. Both of those sets are up 20# from what I had used a month ago, so progress is being made!! Have a great week everyone!

Cathe Live question????

For those of you doing the Cathe Live workouts what type of workouts are they usually? Is it mostly metabolic/circuit type of workouts?? Also are they weekly workouts????

Thanks.

Hi Healing11--Cathe does a new live workout every Thursday morning--so yes, they are weekly workouts. And there are all kinds of workouts--cardio, strength, cardio + strength, circuit/metabolic. I LOVE them. I have done and reviewed 19 of her live workouts so far. Here are the Live reviews if you are interested: Cathe Live. However, there are over 80 live workouts, so this is just a sampling. I love them so much I could honestly do nothing but her Live workouts.

I haven't been checking in much now that I'm done with STS. I have been doing Live workouts in the morning and KCM workouts as my doubles workouts. However, this morning I started ICE. I did Low Impact Sweat premix 3 that includes Muscle Meltdown/Back and Icy Core #2. This is intermediate?!?! I LOVED it but it definitely challenged me. The key is to use heavier weights. I used 5 & 8s for the low impact workout (5s when she used 3s and 8s when she used 5s)--and in the future I'll include 10s/12s for a few of the exercises to pump it up a little more. And for the Muscle Meltdown--that was awesome! For 12 reps you pretty much know exactly what weight to use--and if you don't, you have it figured out by the 2nd round. I went heavy and got a great workout. As for the core--I felt it! I didn't find it easy either! So there is definitely no buyers remorse! Excellent workout! Next time I do it I will do the blizzard blast.

Today's focus was Rock'm Sock'm and....I LOVED it! I can easily see this one becoming a favorite. I started with the MM for triceps. Loved that too! Doing the weight work first is so much better. I think I could go even heavier next time. Then I did the premix with the main workout and the BB. I used my weighted gloves. Did I mention I loved it? LOL! It kind of alternates between punching and kicking drills and then has some blasts at the end. No real complicated combos to learn. As with any kickboxing workout, you get out what you put in, and I felt like I was really kicking some butt. :D The BB is almost non-stop action...hopping, jumping, punching, you name it, it's in there. I was a sweaty, winded mess when the whole thing was finally finished.

I then added on a segment from the new-to-me Core Max. I did the one with the med ball and stability ball. I really enjoyed it (love weighted ab work), but 20 minutes is a bit long for core work for me.

Good morning all! Today was back day and I subbed dumbbell pullovers for pullups going 5x8, Next was 9 sets of deadlifts and finished with 5 sets of pulley crunches. Hope everyone has a great day!

Alright, time for another ICE review!

Today was Boot Camp Circuit. I started with the MM for biceps, then did the premix with the main workout and the BB. I also added on another segment from Core Max.

Again, loved the MM! My biceps were screaming by the end!

Boot Camp is another great workout. Again, it's total body so not sure how often I'll use it as that. There seem to be be plenty of premixes though to use it in a different way (UB only, cardio and legs only, etc.). For the main workout, weight selection is really what can make it harder. I went heavier than Cathe and can go heavier on some exercises next time. I think using the step with 3 risers the whole time would also kick it up a notch (Cathe switches from 2 to 3 somewhere in the middle).

The BB...wow! Same format but more intense. I definitely need to work on those plié jacks with butt kicks! Yikes!

The segment from Core Max was no equipment and really was just basic ab work. Liked the med ball one much better.

Good day ladies! Leg day for me today and I started with 8 sets of squats on an up and down pyramid, 2x15 goblet squats,2x10 static lunges, barbell calf raises x35 x25 x20 and single unweighted calf raises right 3x15 left 3x20 (noticeable size difference, trying to equalize). I finished with 30 ab wheel rollouts. Hope everyone is well and "hittin it"!!

First I've got to say...my biceps are sooooo sore! I feel them every time I bend my arms. Love that MM!

Today was all about Low Impact Sweat. I first did the MM for back, then did the premix with the main workout, the BB and Core 2.

Really liked the MM, but I am not a big fan of pullovers and you do both double and single arm pullovers in this MM. They tend to bother my shoulders since my shoulders round forward more. I did all of them this time, but in the future I may substitute back rows for the double arm pullovers. Having said that, I was able to go pretty heavy and had some up arrows for next time. Hoping my back will be as sore as my biceps tomorrow!

LOVED the main workout and BB. Cardio 1 is not that difficult, but I was sweating and breathing hard by the end. Then you get out the step for Cardio 2, and it's awesome! This is my favorite kind of step work...HiiT intervals. The BB also uses the step and is just a little bit more difficult. Nothing too crazy.

Core 2 is definitely my favorite of the 2 core workouts. Fun yet not easy.

Only one more new ICE workout to try tomorrow. Can't wait!

Hi gang! Santa brought me a heavy bag for Christmas as well as some 12 oz boxing gloves so I've been having a lil fun with those this week. I did a STS Meso 3 workout (can't remember which disc) on Saturday for biceps, triceps and shoulders and got one heck of a workout. Sunday my husband hung my heavy bag so I was dying to try it out and did Cathe's MMA Boxing DVD + bonus heavy bag segment. This was my first time working out with a heavy bag and WOWSER it really did up the intensity!!! I'm hooked!!! Between the STS workout on Saturday and the Boxing workout on Sunday I could barely move my arms on Monday!!! In order to give my poor upper body a break, I did a lighter workout of just brisk walking on the treadmill for an hour or so. Yesterday my arms were still a little sore so I decided to go easier on myself and tried out the new ICE Chiseled Upper Body workout. Since I was still feeling the workouts from the weekend and had no idea what Cathe had in store for us, I decided to stick with Cathe's weights for the workout. Even with the lighter weights, I thought this was a nice workout. Because of the way she combines/supersets some of the exercises (example--double arm rows into upright rows) I think it would be hard to go super heavy on some of the exercises without pausing the DVD to make your weight changes. I think this would be a nice upper body workout for an active recovery week or for when you simply want to give yourself a break and go lighter.

Today I was dying to get back to playing with my heavy bag so I did Cathe's first live workout which was bootcamp style and included boxing and heavy bag drills/tabatas. Since this was her first live workout they were still trying to figure out the best camera angles and what not--regardless it's still an awesome workout and I really enjoyed being able to do the heavy bag segment right along with the other folks in the class! Before now I would use one lb hand weights or one pound weighted gloves for Cathe's kickboxing workouts, but there is something about having on actual real boxing gloves that makes you feel bad@$$! LOL! I'm so excited to go back and do some of her other boxing/kickboxing live classes where she incorporates heavy bag drills. I also need to try out the bonus segments on Rockout Knockout and Hard Strikes. Story of my life--so many workouts so little time....HAHA! And of course because the heavy bag is my new obsession I've been researching to see what other workout DVD's are out there from other instructors (as if I need to buy more workouts, haha). Surprisingly, I'm not finding a whole lot. There's a set on Amazon that I'm interested in that has decent reviews, but they are selling it for nearly $100!!! It's a 6 DVD set, but according to the reviews its production quality is pretty low. It was produced by a group called Addiction Fitness, but it looks like they have stopped updating their website and facebook page. I'm going to keep my eye on it and see if the price ever comes down a bit. I wouldn't mind spending the money if it was from a well known fitness personality and perhaps included some extras (nutrition guide, workout guide, etc), but from what I can tell this set includes the DVD's only. If they came down on that price a bit, I'm sure they would probably sell more copies. Amy Bento has a DVD that includes a bonus heavy bag segment, but the reviews for it are poor. I'm just glad Cathe keeps incorporating the heavy bag into her Live workouts so I'll have something to look forward to! In fact, tomorrow's workout is supposed to be based off of Rock'em Sock'em and will include some heavy bag drills!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Sarbear, the heavy bag sounds like a blast (beating things up with no negative consequences...what could be better!!!) Today was shoulder day for me to finish out the year, and I am determined to improve my ohp's! I haven't been able to work bi's for 2 weeks or do chin ups, and that seems to carry over to things like side laterals due to tendonitis. So I compensated with 20 sets of ohp. shorter sets going up and increased volume with more longer sets on the way down! Next was 3x12 on rear delt flys and I finished with 2 sets of heavy barbell shrugs and 1 set of heavy dumbbell shrugs. Hope everyone has a great New Years Eve and a better New Year!!

Here it is, my last review of the ICE workouts! Today was Chiseled Lower Body Blast. I did the MM for shoulders first, then the premix with the main workout and the BB. I also added on the final segment from Core Max.

My biceps are still a bit sore and my back is also sore (yay!), but I was still able to go pretty heavy on the MM. I did lighten up on the upright rows. Who knew your biceps come into play so much with that lift? Haha!

Another winner for the main workout and BB! You alternate between cardio and weighted work, similar to CLB and RWH Legs, but the cardio is a bit easier here. I used heavier weights than Cathe but can still go for more next time. Even without the heavier weights, though, this workout really works your legs! It was very fun and went by quickly.

The BB was tough! One-legged burpees...oh boy! Been awhile since I've done those. Not pretty! The BB paired nicely with the shoulders MM because Cathe incorporates several shoulder moves with the weighted leg work. I think a great premix to try would be the one for just the MM and BB.

The Core Max segment used the stability ball and I really liked it. Lots of different moves used.

I am definitely looking forward to a rest day tomorrow! I've enjoyed these super-long workouts while on vacation, but they have wiped me out. I want to keep working with ICE so I may do the rotation included on the calendar.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year's Eve!!

Best wishes to you all. May this 2016 bring you more succes and happiness. Hope you are kicking off
the year strong having fun.

I have not been consistently working out the last two weeks. I went to collect my ICE Series to
the post yesterday. Today workout was sockem rockem. I liked it. This in my opinion is definitely
an intermediate workout. There is a way of varying move to make it more challenging.
I will use it when I need to incorporate moderate workout.:):)

That said I will stick with my plan. Monday I am starting meso 2 STS.:)

Oh and I am excited for EBE2. I have placed my order taking advantage of 45% end of year discount. It was bargain!

Happy New Year everyone! I did an arm day today, doing 6 sets of skullcrushers and 3 sets of tricep pushdown. I haven't been able to work bi's for a couple of weeks, but went light today and was able to do 9 sets, 5 sets of light barbell curls and 4 sets of concentration curls. I never went above 75# on the barbell curls, and it wasn't bad at all. I didn't want to temp the fates by going heavier so I could live to lift another day! I finished with some seated knee ins 2x25 and 4 sets of pulley crunches. Hope hangovers don't prevail and everyone starts the year off right!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.