Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Hello everyone

Today was Chiseled Lower body blast #4 warm up+ Main program + Blizzard and stretch.
This was not a promenade to the park. I liked it. With time I can see this being a take it easy workout.
That said, It was not easy and I enjoyed it. I liked all those side lunges. Especially the side lunge combined with over head
press. I did go a little bit heavier for some exercise. I can see myself going heavier in future. I had a great workout.:)

Last edited:
Hi gang-well despite all the new workouts I have received recently, I just couldn't pass on a few of the good New Years sales that were going on the last few days. Thanks to Nathalie's heads up regarding the 45% off sale on EBE2, I took the plunge and picked up that set. 45 percent off was just too good of a deal to pass up. I also discovered that the Addiction Fitness Kickboxing set I've been eyeing on Amazon was on sale over at Mary's site and on top of her sales price you could also use a 10 percent off code. So I gave in and purchased that set as well. LOL! I know KCM had her $10 DVD sale on New Years Day as well, but I didn't dare to tempt myself by going to her website! HAHA! I still haven't tried her latest DVD, Strength and Stamina, which arrived in early to mid December and is still sitting in the plastic. So unless some other "just can't pass it up" kind of deal surfaces, I am taking a break from buying new workout DVDs for a bit! ;-)

Tomorrow I go back to work after a wonderful 2-week holiday break/vacation. While I am sad to see my vacation come to an end, I know it's time to return to my normal routine. I've done a great job staying consistent with my workouts over my break (some days even doing extended workouts), but my eating has been a bit more relaxed. While I wouldn't say that I've been pigging out per se, I have allowed myself to enjoy some yummy holiday treats that normally wouldn't have been quite so tempting had it not been the holiday season.

The hardest part about going back to work tomorrow will definitely be the early wake-up! I've been working out in the morning before I go to work for years now, but it has never really gotten easier. lol. My plan was to start H&C tomorrow, but I think I may actually start it today. The nice thing about those workouts is that they are on the shorter side which will perhaps help me ease back into my early morning workouts again. I am sad to stop my Cathe workouts for awhile, though. I've really been enjoying working out with Cathe these past few months. I haven't decided if I am going to do the whole 60 day rotation of H&C yet. It'll depend on how much I enjoy the workouts. I've previewed several of them, but it's hard to really tell what a workout is like until you dive in and do it yourself. So we shall see.

As far as my workouts the past few days:
Thursday I did ICE Total Metabolic workout (LOVED this workout; the compound movements kept my heart rate spiked into the cardio zone the entire time)
Friday was a well deserved rest day
Saturday I did Cathe Live-Rock em Sock em (another good one; loved that she incorporated moves from the new ICE workout as well as included heavy bag work)

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

Hello everyone!

SarBear, I'm in the same boat as you as far as work. I've been off for the past two weeks and go back to work tomorrow. I don't work out in the morning but do have to get up very early for work. I am not looking forward to it!

I got H & C for Christmas, but I'm not sure when I'll start it. My plan is to do the January rotation for ICE, but we'll see how that goes. I may just two weeks of it and then my own rotation with the Muscle Meltdowns. Maybe H & C will be after that. SarBear, please keep us posted on what you think of the workouts!

I'm trying so hard not to buy any new DVDs right now, but then I see that Mary now has the Plyoga set I want. I might have to give in and get it.

Alright, here's what I've been up to the past few days:

Friday - sort of a rest day. I did Yoga Relax. My muscles really needed a good stretch after all those extended workouts.
Saturday - power walk on the treadmill. Walked again through Central Park and listened to Carrie Underwood's new CD.
Sunday - so much for no more long workouts! Today I did the MM for triceps, Rock'm Sock'm, the BB, and Core 1. I really love this workout!

I hope everyone's new year is off to a good start!

Monday, as usual was chest day for me. I have been trying to hit it hard, and did 14 sets of flat bench, 5 sets of inclined bench and finishing chest with 2 sets of feet on bench decline pushups x20x14. I did 3x16 pulley crunches as a finisher for abs. The volume seems to be really helping on bench, and I feel like the same weight feels lighter every Monday!..and that's GOOD! Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

Good Morning all! Today was back day for me, and I did 4 sets of good mornings, 6 sets of deadlifts, 3 sets of lat pulldowns, and 3 sets of dumbbell pullovers. I was able to set a new PR on deadlifts, and I am pretty pumped about that! I bought some new versa gripps, and I really helped on deadlifts! Still not really able to do chin ups due to tendonitis, and struggling to find effective lat stuff that doesn't make it worse. hopefully it will improve! Have a great day everyone!

Leg day today for me. 10 sets of squats..butt to bench, touch and go. 3x8 barbell rev lunges, double calf raises ( barbell) x35 x25 x20 and single calf raises left, 3x20..right, 3x15.(right calf is larger so trying to even them up!) Have a great midweek everyone!

Happy belated New Year, dear friends!

I had a nice holiday trip to Istanbul and many family gatherings. Both of these were accompanied with solid food intake! I gained 3.5 kgs in 10 days -what a record. I felt stuffed :) Luckily , my weight is going back to normal.

Jodi - I've been lurking in the forum and reading your ICE reviews. Your comments get me really excited on doing the workouts ;) Currently I own "only" Low Impact Sweat, Rock'm Sock'm and To The Mat. You are great enabler and I feel my next purchase will be the Metabolic workout or Bootcamp Circuit. Only wish I had a step with 3 risers to use with Bootcamp..
SarBear- from Kelly Coffey-Meyer's New Year sale I ordered Slim Sculpting, Cardio / Pump and Total Body Kickbox. I don't really need anymore workouts but I'm happy so yay!
Jen - Thank you for reviewing Zuzka's book 15- Minute Hiit workout (or similar). Now I'm sure I'm not trying Zuzka anytime soon.
No warm ups & stretches before / after Hiit; Hiit intensity for entire 15 minutes with no rests and especially - consuming only 50 gr of carbs per day are a turn off to me.
I love your review of ICE Low Impact Sweat and agree with it. Awaiting the rest of them :)
Nathalie - customs tax on import from non-EU countries in Bulgaria is charged if the purchase value (including shipping, handling etc) exceeds 150 Euros. VAT, on the other hand is due for every purchase value above 25 Euros.
I make sure my DVD purchases shipped from the USA to not exceed 50-52 USD and have been lucky so far . If the rules in Belgium are similar, in future you can use Cathe's free worldwide shipping and a Deal of the Day and avoid the V.A.T. Hope this helps.

I love all segments and bonuses from Low Impact Sweat. This workout is a must have, according to me.
I find the mat workout soothing yet effective and enjoyable. I see myself doing the 3 segments (ball, band, no equipment) as separate add-ons to other workouts. This is the way I planned to use it when I ordered it. The moves in the warm up remind me of a Tribal Belly dance DVD with Sera Solstice I used to do and like. But I won't use it as a warm up of TTMat.

I can't warm up to Rock'm Sock'm yet. Today I did a kickbox mish-mosh including the combos from KPC , the cardio from 4DS Kickbox, the drills from Cardio Kicks and around 10 minutes for RSK. Hmm, I liked the older stuff better. Hope it will be a love from second sight. I surely can't complete the tricep work using 12-lbs dumbbells ;)

Warm greetings to everyone,

Last edited:
Good morning all!

I've been continuing on my ICE rotation. Here's what I've been up to:

M - MM Shoulders, To The Mat - I added the band and firewalker to some of the exercises and I think I could add a dumbbell or ankle weights in the future to things like the leg lifts to make them more challenging. I also used a heavier band this time.

T - MM Biceps, Chiseled Upper Body, and Core 2 - went up in weight for many of the exercises and still have more 'up' arrows for next time.

W - MM Back, Low Impact Sweat, and the BB - this workout really gives your legs a pretty good workout. I love the step portion. I think in the future I will try the premix which doubles that part of the workout.

Th - MM Chest, Chiseled Lower Body, and the BB - same as CUB, I went up in weight and can still go up some next time.

Today - much needed rest day! The MMs are killing me (in a good way of course)! I know there are two lower body workouts in the series, but I still would have loved an MM for Legs.

I hope everyone has a nice Friday and weekend!

Good morning all!

Today - much needed rest day! The MMs are killing me (in a good way of course)! I know there are two lower body workouts in the series, but I still would have loved an MM for Legs.

Great week of workouts!!! I agree, I would love an MM for the legs too!!

Last edited:
Good morning ladies!! Yesterday was shoulders and I did 15 sets military press, 3 sets of rear felt flus 1 set of dumbbell press and 1 set of heavy barbell shrugs. I finished with 2 sets of ab wheel roll outs x30 x20. Today was arm day and still tendonitis limits bi work. 3 sets of skullcrushers, 3 sets of pushdowns and 3 sets of kickbacks. For bis I did 1 set very light bb curl and 6 sets of upper rom curls ( Arnold curls) this seems much less painful on elbows and allows me to do some bi work. I finished bi work with 2 sets of light conc curls. I ended the w/o with pushups 1x35. Have a great weekend everyone! Nice work Svetlana, Jodi, and dawn9222! What about the rest of y'all??

This morning was a little of several things. 7 sets of bench, 4 sets of deadlifts, 1 set of squats ( won't combine with deadlifts again!) 2 sets of pulley crunches and 3 sets of single, unweighted calf raises. We are heading to FL. tomorrow to visit kids and Grandkids (especially Grandkids lol) But I am going to hit the local YMCA so I don't miss out on the lifting. Ya know what they say..."A day without iron is like a day without sunshine!!" Hope everyone is well and having a great weekend!!

This morning was a little of several things. 7 sets of bench, 4 sets of deadlifts, 1 set of squats ( won't combine with deadlifts again!) 2 sets of pulley crunches and 3 sets of single, unweighted calf raises. We are heading to FL. tomorrow to visit kids and Grandkids (especially Grandkids lol) But I am going to hit the local YMCA so I don't miss out on the lifting. Ya know what they say..."A day without iron is like a day without sunshine!!" Hope everyone is well and having a great weekend!!

Seriously... you are my hero!! I love hearing about your workouts!!! I like that saying about a day without iron!! Have fun in Florida... I wish I could go somewhere warm... expecting a high of like 2 degrees F tomorrow with -10 to -20 below windchillls..... dang!!!!!!

Today I did ICE Chiseled Upper Body and some To the Mat exercises. My neck is getting stronger and upper body stuff is still hard on me on the left side, so I have to go slow and light. I'm getting there!! Want to start really getting heavier with lower body next week :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Dawn9222, My oldest son did his surgical residency in Minn, and the weather this time of year is BRUTAL!! Congratulations on the tenacity to hang with it!! Slow and steady wins the race! (heard that in a fable)..lol! I think of all the people that need to do what you are doing and just don't have the fortitude...you should be proud that you are made of the right stuff !! Way to "get er done"!!

Dawn9222, My oldest son did his surgical residency in Minn, and the weather this time of year is BRUTAL!! Congratulations on the tenacity to hang with it!! Slow and steady wins the race! (heard that in a fable)..lol! I think of all the people that need to do what you are doing and just don't have the fortitude...you should be proud that you are made of the right stuff !! Way to "get er done"!!

You are right, January is brutal..we have been fortunate to be above normal the past couple of weeks though, it was like 34 the other day, felt like spring.... sigh.... so far to go!! haha!

Thank you for the compliment, I have been down a long, hard road with my neck and I appreciate your kind words!!! Those words help keep me motivated.. thanks again :)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Here is this week check in. I will follow the same rotation next week.

Monday: STS#13 Chest, shoulders and triceps + Abs
Tuesday: STS#14 Back and Biceps
Wednesday:CUBB plus Glutes --- My own --- DIY paper based w/0
Thursday: CUB#4
Friday:Crossfire
Saturday: STS#14 plus Glutes.
Sunday:Rest

Hope you had a good week end. Wish you all a good week:):)

Good morning all!

I hope everyone has a nice Friday and weekend!

I have not attempted the "emems --- MMS" yet --- Jodi you are feelling it so certainly I will. one arm pull over will enable
some lat Doms ---- I can just sense it. Looking forward to it:):)

Hope you have recovered by now!;)

Nathalie - customs tax on import from non-EU countries in Bulgaria is charged if the purchase value (including shipping, handling etc) exceeds 150 Euros. VAT, on the other hand is due for every purchase value above 25 Euros.
I make sure my DVD purchases shipped from the USA to not exceed 50-52 USD and have been lucky so far . If the rules in Belgium are similar, in future you can use Cathe's free worldwide shipping and a Deal of the Day and avoid the V.A.T. Hope this helps.

Glad you had a great holiday in Turkey with your familly svetlana.

As to this above, It is supposed to be the same rule here but somehow for ICE, I have been charged customs and VAT. Value of the item
at the time the purchase took place was $ 69 I recall. Our VAT is 21%. They have charged me VAT on $ 99 plus 12€ customs. Dollars almost equal euro at the moment. They opened my parcel and I could not find the invoice. I am definitely doing something to stop
all these charges. I am not having this!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.