Anyone else having problems streaming Live?

Well, neither one of those works for me, and even the newer ones won't cast now....It's like I don't even have a Chromecast connected. I did what was suggested a while back and tried to update it...and they suggested adding the Google Home app to my phone...to "make things so much better".....right! Now I can't even get it to cast...I deleted the app, but nothing works. I have not tried YouTube yet...

I tried to connect the 2014 RT Step class and the 2015 RT Boxing class but neither worked. I was able to play the latest class.

I am back to at least being able to cast again...but I can't get anything before 2017...

Admin: Any update on what is happening?

Hi fox2star, we're not seeing the issues you are reporting. We're still replacing some of the 2014 videos that had a casting issue, but 2016 and 2015 videos all cast just fine now. I would suggest trying to clear your browser's cache as that could be an issue. Also, we should finish fixing the remaining 2014 videos that had a casting issue by tomorrow as we only have a few left to do. I would also suggest rebooting your router.

Hi,

I rebooted the chromecast device, as well as my router to my network today, and no change.

TIC93 and Molasses: are you now able to stream 2016 and 2015 videos now including the 2015 Road Trip one?

Hi,

I rebooted the chromecast device, as well as my router to my network today, and no change.

TIC93 and Molasses: are you now able to stream 2016 and 2015 videos now including the 2015 Road Trip one?
I also followed your instructions (clear cache, reboot router) but I can't cast either.

Tested some again....it looks like I can cast from "legs on Fire" which aired on 10/27/16... forward, but not anything older than that.

Hi,

Yes! I bought a lightning av adapter and HDMI cord for my IPhone and hooked it up to my tv. It mirror screens what's on my phone. I've had to sign out of Cathe live and sign back in. I've also deleted the app and reinstalled it. So far it's good.

Tic93: glad you are able to cast....I don't want to have to purchase more stuff when I already paid for the Chromecast, and it's supposed to work with these...:(

Tic93: glad you are able to cast....I don't want to have to purchase more stuff when I already paid for the Chromecast, and it's supposed to work with these...:(

I absolutely agree! I just got so frustrated with it all. Every stinking time I tried and it failed me. I really like the app and wanted to use it. So I bought the stuff I needed. Hopefully nothing else will change. I hope you can get your Live workouts soon too.

I also followed your instructions (clear cache, reboot router) but I can't cast either.
Hi Molasses,

What type of mobile device are you trying to cast from? If using a mobile device did you also kill the Cathe Live window that is running in the background? On an iPhone you do this by double clicking on the home button and then swiping the open Cathe Live off your screen.

What about on a Samsung Galaxie S6?

I don't have a Samsung Galaxy S6 but found this info. HTH!

Close Background Applications
  1. From the home screen, tap the Recent apps button.
  2. Scroll through the running apps.
  3. Tap X on the required application. Alternatively, tap CLOSE ALL.
  4. If prompted, tap OK.

Hi,

Thanks Zenara25!

Ok...so are you saying that this should be done prior using Cathe Live? is this the issue that prevents the older videos from streaming?

Hi fox2star, If you have and "App" or a "Browser App" running in the background like all mobile devices do, you are still using the older cached version of the API we use to power our site. Hence your mobile device will try to to continue to use an older version of our Cathe Live API and the changes we made to fix the issue may be ignored. Closing background "Apps" will also solve problems caused when an app crashes. You need to kill the app by closing it to fix the issue. In the case of the problem you're experiencing you will need to kill the "browser App" running in the background. This is not really an app, but the Cathe web page for Cathe Live you accessed in your browser. You don't have to do this every time, but if you have problems with any app or web page this should probably be the first thing you do. This will also free up resources on your mobile device.

Hi,

I closed all the "recent apps" or "running apps" on my phone. I have a link to the Cathe streaming site on my phone. Are you saying that I should delete that, and each time I want to use the streaming service, I should sign in to Cathe.com/streaming?

Hi,

I closed all the "recent apps" or "running apps" on my phone. I have a link to the Cathe streaming site on my phone. Are you saying that I should delete that, and each time I want to use the streaming service, I should sign in to Cathe.com/streaming?
No, you just have to close any related Cathe Live or OnDemand "app" running in the background on your phone that is not working correctly. If you don't do this your mobile device may be using an older version of our site and hence you will not see any changes we make to correct things.

Just tried again....first I made sure all apps were closed, nothing running...then I signed in to the Cathe site, then launched one of the workouts and it still does not work...:(. It starts, then the video stops and it jumps back to the Chromecast screen, just like others have described.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.