Anyone else having problems streaming Live?

Hi fox2star, Though we can't say for sure it seems to me that you're just having a cache issue going on. We've only had a few people report a problem like yours and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Still, if this was a widespread problem we should be hearing from hundreds of user's, not just a few. So, here is what I'm thinking:

1. Can you tell me step by step what your're doing to clear your browser's cache on your phone and try it again? I want to make sure you're doing this right so we can rule out this being the cause of your problem. Before you clear your browsers cache can you first go to "recent apps" or whatever it is called on your phone and kill everything again. Next go to settings and clear your browsers cache, but let me know the steps you do to get to where you clear your browser's cache. On my test phone this is done by going to settings then going to applications >Chrome>clear cache. Then try casting a video that didn't work for you before.

2. If unsuccessful after trying what I suggest in Step #1 I would like you to completely power off your phone and then try again.

3. If Step #2 doesn't work do you have another device you can test on?

4. Lastly, can you give us some information about your phone and Chromecast?
a) What Type of Phone do you have?
b) What operating system and version are you using on your phone?
c) How old is your Chromecast? Do you know which model you have?

Since we can't duplicate the problem you're reporting we need as much information as possible to help you solve this. Any additional information you can give is will be helpful. Thanks for your help!

I followed your and Google's instructions to clear my cache, have restarted but no luck.

I have an LG G3
Not sure how to find my OS and version - my software version is D85230h (is that correct?)
I purchased my Chromacast in March of 2016 when I first joined Cathe Live, the model is regular old Chromecast, not Audio or Ultra

Yesterday, I was able to cast a workout from January 2015, which was quite exciting, but none of the others around it. I checked this morning and I was still able to play it. Barbell UB Live, it was quite good.

Thank you for helping us try to find a solution.

Hi,

Here is what I have done:

I have a Chromecast 4840. I was on the phone with Google Tech support and they said it is the newest version.

1. Cleared all recent apps
2. Used this method to clear browsing history etc:
3. powered the phone off and back on.
4. tried using my iPad but Chromecast is not very friendly with iPad....cannot get anything to cast...they just want you to buy more apps

Very disappointed with all this. It was working wonderfully with my phone for over a year. I know there are more people out there having the same issue....:(

I followed your and Google's instructions to clear my cache, have restarted but no luck.

I have an LG G3
Not sure how to find my OS and version - my software version is D85230h (is that correct?)
I purchased my Chromacast in March of 2016 when I first joined Cathe Live, the model is regular old Chromecast, not Audio or Ultra

Yesterday, I was able to cast a workout from January 2015, which was quite exciting, but none of the others around it. I checked this morning and I was still able to play it. Barbell UB Live, it was quite good.

Thank you for helping us try to find a solution.

Hi molasses, Do you know what version of Android you're using?

Hi,

Here is what I have done:

I have a Chromecast 4840. I was on the phone with Google Tech support and they said it is the newest version.

1. Cleared all recent apps
2. Used this method to clear browsing history etc:
3. powered the phone off and back on.
4. tried using my iPad but Chromecast is not very friendly with iPad....cannot get anything to cast...they just want you to buy more apps

Very disappointed with all this. It was working wonderfully with my phone for over a year. I know there are more people out there having the same issue....:(

I'm not sure if I can, but I'll try to get a hold of a Samsung phone next week and give it try. What version of Android are you running on your Galaxy S6?

This exact same thing happens to me no matter what I've tried. What I do with the ones that won't play is use the Google Home app which mirrors exactly what is on your phone onto the TV. So that way you can play the workout on your phone but it is cast on to your TV without going through the Cathe app.

I tried the Google Home app and it does not play with that either. It mirrors what is on my phone, which is exactly like I have been describing here....the workout starts, the gray screen, with the name of the workout at the bottom, it looks like it is launching, like normal, then it pops back to the Chrormecast home screen.

The home app does not work for me either. It glitches and the sound cuts out but thank you for the suggestion.

Can everyone that has reported an issue refresh your browser (some may also need to clear their browser's cache) and try again?

We spent this morning talking to IBM engineers about the problems several of you have reported. We all agree and think that the most likely cause of most of these problems is Flash. Flash is being phased out and I think we're starting to see some issues caused by this dying system. To solve these problems we have now installed IBM's latest player for Cathe Live that uses HTML 5 instead of Flash, so if Flash was this issue it no longer will be.

Also, on the new Cathe Live player if you right click on the player you will see a button that will allow you to report an issue right to IBM. This new feature will also send IBM critical information about your problem so they can more quickly determine the cause and fix it.

We've had two main problems reported: 1. Chromecast casting issues 2. Videos will not play. We would like to hear from everyone that has reported an issue in this thread and let us know which of these two problems you're responding about.

Thanks for helping everyone!

Last edited:
I am one with the Chromecast not casting issue. Only casts the newer workouts...

Tried all again and it still does not work. :(

Hi fox2star, Which web browser are you using on your Galaxy S6 to view the videos (I'm assuming this is the device you're using ? ).

I am still having the issues of Chromecast not casting some of the older live videos. I tried to do Cardio Core Circuit, Crosstrain lower body live and Lower body Burn and none of those will cast.

I am using my LG tablet V70020C, Android 5.0.2, Build LGX22G

I am using the original Chromecast that I purchased Feb 2016, there is not specific model number on the box. Although it does say manufactured 10/2015.

I hope this information helps

I also tried casting using my Nexus tablet and I have the same issue, only casting the newer workouts.

It is an older tablet (2014) so it took me a while to get all the apps updated but same issue.

Admin: did you get to try to cast with a Samsung phone?

Not yet, I have a friend that is going to lend me use their S7 in a few more days. I know you have an S6, but hopefully this will tell me something. In the meantime can you tell me if you can try casting from a computer in your house?

The only other computers we have are my desktop which is wired, and on the first floor. The TV is in the basement, and an ancient laptop with Windows 7. Not sure if that could handle the chromecast app.

Hi fox2star, if possible it might help solve the problem. On a computer you can now right click on the player window and a button will pop up that can record valuable information from your computers log about any errors. I've been talking to IBM about your problem, but like us they can't duplicate the issue. Also, have you tried using the incognito browser on Chrome? This can help to rule out cache being the issue on your computer. I know you have already cleared cache, but sometimes this doesn't work. Selecting incognito on Chrome is a great way to help eliminate cache as a possible solution.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.