Anyone else having problems streaming Live?

Tried using the ingognito browser on Chrome and got the same thing. Still starts, and then flips back to the Chromecast home screen.

I still thinkit has to be connected to something you added/changed on your side. All was working fine but it seems that around the time the IOS app or something was added, things stopped working for older videos.

Hi fox2star, the app can't have anything to do with the problem you're having as it is not used to cast videos and is totally separate from the web interface. We too experienced the same problems you are now seeing a few weeks ago, but once we re-uploaded the videos ti the IBM Cloud the problem went away. This is why old "cached" video files is the number one suspect. I think we've now ruled out cached files on your machine being a problem, but there could still be cached files on a proxy server if your ISP is using one. There are also I'm sure several other possibilities that might cause this issue. From our end we only upload files to the IBM Cloud. There isn't anything else we do or can change that would cause a problem like this. However, IBM could have made a change on their end that is causing you and a few others an issue, but they need to be able to duplicate the issue before they can try to solve the problem. Currently this problem only affects a few people and that makes it more difficult to solve. This is why it would be helpful to us for anyone that is having a problem to try casting from their computer and then right click on the player to launch the "error reporting button". IBM needs to see log files to help solve this issue since they can't duplicate it on any devices they have. We're still trying to test on different devices here, but so far every device we have tested on works. We've had a customer report an issue on a LG3 and we're going to test this later today as well some other devices were borrowing from friends and employees. We will keep you updated as we know more, but so far we don't have any thing new to report that might solve this issue for you.

Tried using the ingognito browser on Chrome and got the same thing. Still starts, and then flips back to the Chromecast home screen.

I still think it has to be connected to something you added/changed on your side. All was working fine but it seems that around the time the IOS app or something was added, things stopped working for older videos.

I want to add to my previous response above. I did test on a Samsung Galaxy S7 which is not exactly what you have, but close. Everything worked fine and I was able to cast all of the videos. I also tested on a older HTC One that hasn't been updated in over a year and it too worked fine as have our iPhone 7's and Ipad Air's. My leading theory as of now is your problem may be caused by a proxy server used by your ISP. If you're not familiar a proxy server is often used by ISP's to cache files their user's commonly use thus speeding up load time since the most used files are stored at their data center and this reduces the number of hops it takes to load a file you request when using your browser. If this theory of mine is correct it could mean you're still accessing older versions of the video files that we know had issues instead of the corrected ones.

IBM also got back to me today with a request about your problem. Can you visit supportdetails.net on chrome browser and provide us with the resulting URL to the right of that page? It'll give us some details about your device. You will see a form under the link. Please send to [email protected] Molasses you too and any others having a similar problem can also do the same. We will forward this information to IBM and hopefully it will help solve the issues you're having.

Hi fox2star, we haven't seen it. Nancy from customer service is going to email you directly. Can you redo this again and try sending directly to her email address? Also, IBM would like you to try casting the video called Cardio Strength Blast - 9-18-14? They would like to see if you're able to watch it after they moved this video file to a different server (both high and low qualities). This will tell us if perhaps if your problem is based on the IBM server that the video file is on.

Glad to hear it worked and we've already forwarded your email and device settings to IBM. However, they may just move all of our older video files to a new server for a quick and easy solution. We will have to wait and see what they say though, but at least were finally making some progress.

Thank you so much for staying with this to find the solution! I really appreciate the attention you have given this issue. I hope it works for all of us that have had the problem.

That would probably help moving them to a new server because I am still having issues with casting. Right now it is hit or miss which one will work. Hopefully switching servers helps to resolve the issues.

Thank you all for working so hard to figure it all out! :)

That would probably help moving them to a new server because I am still having issues with casting. Right now it is hit or miss which one will work. Hopefully switching servers helps to resolve the issues.

Thank you all for working so hard to figure it all out! :)

Hi ebonynicole, IBM has agreed to move the older files to a different server. We will let you know once the move has been completed. Hopefully, this will solve the issues some of you are having.

This is great news! I can't wait to try some of my favorite "oldies" in the Live workouts. Do you know what cutoff ( date or workout), they will be using to determine which are "older" vs the ones that are new and able to cast?

This is great news! I can't wait to try some of my favorite "oldies" in the Live workouts. Do you know what cutoff ( date or workout), they will be using to determine which are "older" vs the ones that are new and able to cast?
Hi fox2star, We've asked them to move everything older than "Legs on Fire" which aired on 10/27/16... backward

Hi fox2star, They haven't said yet because they want to first see if they can find the root cause. We've seen some strange behavior on some video files that used to play and now don't. If they make the transfer now it may work and it may not. Worse yet is it will wipe out their current work on trying to solve this issue as the variables will change. I have been on the phone several hours with IBM today and we did learn something that will certainly help many, but perhaps not all of you that are having an issue with older videos not playing. Try this little trick IBM just discovered. Just put the player and web browser in Full screen. Files that I was having an issue with will now play once I do this. This has worked on every file I was having a problem with. This is something IBM will have to fix with their player, but at least they can now duplicate this particular issue. I don't know if this temporary fix will help you fox2star as you seem to have a problem with a very large number of videos , but give it a try ( click the full screen button on the player and your browser) and let me know if it helps you.

I tried full screen mode when playing a video...it didn;t do anything;....actually turned the video from portrait to landscape...:(...

I tried Youtube and Google to see how to get to full screen mode on Galaxy s6 and anytime there were instructions, I did not get the same screens they did.....so frustrating!!

Last edited:
Got a video to play in what I think is full screen mode on the phone, but it won't cast...does the same thing...shows the title on the bottom of the TV screen, then pops back to the chromecast home screen.

Could not figure out how to get full screen mode on the browser....

There are people complaining on the Cathletes FB page about losing the connection or having the audio and video not sync with Cathe Live. I did the 8/3/17 Cathe Live workout on my iMac yesterday morning and it stopped 5 times. I had to completely start over again and then FF to my spot multiple times to get it going again. This is an ongoing problem that I never had until sometime this summer, I am thinking it must be something to do with your new player. I never, ever had problems before. I do not use the app on my iMac, I use the website. I have used the app on my iPhone when I am not home and it does the exact same thing, screen just goes black. It's not a buffering issue because the screen wouldn't go black if that were the case. AND I did a speed test when this was happening yesterday, download was 52.49 mbps and upload was 216. That's plenty of speed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.