Now it's Super BOWL Mommies 2/7-2/13

Sweetpea1

Cathlete
Morning everyone! I see that you're up with me Susan! James just ate and is now "talking" to his animals in his swing while lettin some rip! This boy cracks me up!

Visit w mom was good. James was awake and playing w her. Seems like everytime shes here, he falls asleep. I made a potato vegetable soup (new recipe) and it was pretty good. I did B&G yesterday but didnt get to finish abs cause J was ready to eat right at the end. Oh well....i'll add more abs today. We had a blast yesterday hangin out yesterday. We went to Target where I bought some Assets (Spanx) and then grocery shopping. He laughed all the way through the store, it was so fun. I almost ran into so many people cause I was paying more attention to him. Oh well...they'll move, right?

Christine- I'm sure I will have to have a throw down w my MIL as J gets older. I can just see her making comments. But DH does pretty good keeping her in line too. I can't imagine you have a muffin top after the pics I saw of your firm baby belly. Go SAINTS!

Melanie- Your meals rock! I wish I was more controlled on me eating. I usually do good during the week at work but on the weekends, I am usually trying to get so much done that I just grab whatever is handy.

Susan- Did Kara sleep any better for you tonight? Sorry about the head cold. They are never fun!

Have to go eat while J is content! BBL!

Jen~ thanks for starting us out! I was nervous....with my track record and all. lol I can just picture you in Target playing with weeone ignoring everything around you! It's a good thing that they made it a law to put newborns in BACK seats, eh? When Jory was little he sat in front seat with me (facing backward of course)....this was the norm back then. Wow! I feel soooooo old. :p

Susan~ Was the second showing yesterday? How did it go? To answer your question on workouts when I go back to work.....I think I will initially take work days off of exercise (or go on elliptical at night with a baby). I'll be working just 2 days/week for the first 6 weeks....and I feel that 5 workouts/week is suffice. Once girls are more scheduled, I'll see about sneaking in a quick run in AM...but we're looking at a 4AM run....with a 13 hr workday. I"m not going to stress about it.

Christine~ I wrote to you on other post w/some running ?s....if you have a chance! Go Saints!!......I guess since the Vikings aren't in it the Saints might as well win. :)

So, my diet is clean,...but I'd like to eat more veggies & protein. The carbs have been wonderful for energy...but it's the proteins that make me feel full. I've been in a very controlled environment here at home, it'll be interesting to see what happens when I go out in the real world!

Oh, speaking of which.....DH had an "opportunity to go fishing" this AM and "it's snowing the roads are bad"....so we didn't make it to church.....however, being the wise woman I am.....I coherced him into agreeing to go with us NEXT week. :D :D So he's coming with & their first Sunday will be Valentine's Day. That'll be special. :)

Work is Thursday. I"m thinking that I should start pumping once/day and letting DH give the girls bottles starting tomorrow. He tried to give them a bottle the other day & neither one would take it. :eek::eek: That could be a problem for poor DH!!!

Hi ladies
Jen-thanks for starting the thread! Kara is the same in the mornings..she eats then poops up a storm. I swear she can fart like a man! Kara has still been getting up a couple times at night...not sure what is going on. Hopefully it will work itself out! Wonder if she is starting to teethe?? She is drooling a lot and wanting to nurse all the time. Haley got her first tooth at 4mo..and was done loosing teeth a year ago..she has a very mature mouth..so maybe K will do.
Melanie-its great you will only have to work 2 days for a while. The 2nd showing is today at 1. When I am busy and out and about and was working..I do better with eating..its when I am home when I stray...so we differ in that aspect. Is there temptations for you at work??

K has puked on me...bb later

Just tearfully went thru our preemie clothes. I want to send the preemie sets to the NICU where my girls were. It meant so much to me when my nurses took the time to find matching donations for my girls to wear (instead of 'hospital' clothes). I want to pass the love on! ...the problem is that about 1/2 of them bring such a strong emotional response...as I remember the girls in them & our struggles thru their first days. This emotional bum is only sending about 1/2 their stuff. lol

Susan, I think I "stress" eat (or munch). I"m not stressed at home! I'll be fine...just a different atmosphere....I've "trained" myself in THIS atmosphere...you know what I mean?

Babies crying....

So James has a phlemy cough and is rubbing his nose alot. I guess he has a cold??? No fever though. He is acting pretty normal, just a teeny bit fussier when he is tired. What can I do about his cough? Should i run a hot shower for the steam? Or would getting a humidifier be better?

Melanie- I was afraid how you might start us out this week. ;) That is great about only working 2 days a week to start. What a way to ease back into it. Hopefully the girls will learn to take a bottle for DH. I think its very kind and thoughtful of you to send some preemie clothes back to NICU.

Susan- Good luck on the second showing. Hope they like it!

I did Push Pull u/b premix and Jackie Warner's Ab w/o. Off to visit grandpa today while DH sleeps! Check back later.

Jen~ great job on your workout! Warm air works best for breaking the mucous up....good idea about making steam in bathroom. You can use tylenol infant drops if he's uncomforable....otherwise I'd just keep an eye on him.

What time is superbowel? ...ha ha I think I will forever spell it this way now! lol

LOL Mel! I will forever think of you at Super BOWEL time! ;)

I picked up some Vapor Bath and thought I would put that in his bath later to see if that helps. Hes not eating as much but still eating and not lethargic. Poor guy....

Visit w grandpa was fun. Off to do laundry!

Showing went great..they stayed over an hour this time. They said they would be in touch in a few days..so we'll see.
Jen-poor james! HOpe he gets better soon. Im sooo hoping Kara doesnt get my cold. Haley wasnt sick much at all..but with Haley in school Imsure she'll be brining all sorts of things home.
Melanie-yopu are so awesome for giving your clothes for other families to enjoy! There is not cold/cough med for babies is there????

I think..almost sure Im doing the 4ds rotation starting tomorrow.

6 miles complete. Forgot to mention that I lost a pound today. :)

Susan, there are no cough/cold meds for infants anymore. Studies show they are not effective & cause side effects. Poor parents, we feel like we need to medicate....but there's no proof that it helps (and it can hurt). So recommendation is comfort care, and tylenol (ibuprofen can be used in 6 mos and older).

thanks Mel..you are the best for giving us drug advice!!!!

Kara is a hoot. We have a mesh bath seat that we bathe her in. Yesterday she was kinda scootched down and would plop one leg over the side into the water. Tonight we would put her up high and she would wiggle a bit to get down and put her feet in the water..it was so funny. She did it like 10 times...was too funny.

Susan- Thats funny about the bath cause tonight was the first night that James relaxed in the bath and splashed his feet. It was the cutest thing! He even created his own fountain! Hee hee...gotta love boys.

The Doritos and Bud Light commercials are pretty cute tonight. Havent paid much attention to the game. Hope to hit the hay early. Night night mommies!

I haven't watched any of the game.....just cleaned up after supper & DH is in bed already...so I guess we're not big football fans. lol

Kara sounds really cute!! My girls do not like taking baths (my boys didn't either until they were big enough for big tub). Of course, my little Myranda doesn't like much......it's a good thing Madalynn is more laid back. lol

I'm off to sooth Myranda in elliptical land.....

Morning ladies!
Hope everyone got some sleep last night! Kara did better..but still got up 2 times. I really don't mind her getting up at all....the part that is hard is I have to keep her upright for a while...end up falling alseep and I get all cramped up..then by the time I put her back in bed she wakes up and wants to eat again and it all starts over.....gotta love motherhood!!! I wouldnt change a thing....this too shall pass!..Im gonna enjoy every waking/half waking moment with her!

today will be HIS/chest shoulders..and clean eats! dh is on board and wants to lose a few lbs too.
bb after workout

schools are closed here today..its ridiculous. Temp is 37 and raining. North of us has light snow and thats it.....they are a little too precautious around here!

Susan- OOOhhh, your weather sounds chilly! Time for soup! I'm right there with ya on cherishing the moments.

Hi Mel! Hope you got some sleep!

James finally went down around 11p and slept til 545a. Not too bad but I am sleepy today. DH and I both took two diff showers and left James in there in his bouncy seat to help his congestion. He seems fine but just really cranky when tired and then he crashes out. Still took him to sitter's house armed with Tylenol just in case.

Hope to get a run in after work since DH will pick up J and be home with him in the evening. I had a great weekend with James while DH worked. Hes such a cool kid!

Waves to everyone!!

Good morning ladies! Go Fit Wear tells me I slept just under seven hours last night. Not too bad. I"m going to try my darnest to go to bed @ 11PM this week! Wish me luck!!

I'm supposed to "stretch & strength" today. But I'm not too fond of that, I have to have at least 30 minutes of cardio.....then I will fish out Stretch Max & get a section done of that. A friend lent me some of her P90x DVDs....maybe I'll try the KempoX one? Kickbox is strength and stretch, right? lol

Yesterday's Menu

B: steel cut oats, walnuts, 1/2 banana, coffee
S: nuts
L: I don't remember!!!
S: Abs Trail Mix
D: Skinless Chicken breast, 2 cups Mediterrian Mix Veggies, 12 oz choc milk, 2 bites of strawberry cake
S: Fiber One Bar, Almonds

Yesterday's Workout: 6 mile run, 4 mi walk

Jen~ you snuck in there! Sounds like you are getting a routine down! James seems like an adaptable kiddo...that's great! How much does he weigh now? I'm amazed that he's sleeping so long!

My mom is irriated that I still treat my girls like they are "newborns"......but they are still newborn sizes. They are still nursing every 2-3 hours,...their bellies are newborn sized. I think they are both closer to 8 lbs now; I'm so proud of their growth....but I still feel like Mother bear with them. Come to think of it, I'm still "Mother Bearish" with Jory too. LOL Oh well! Maybe if she'd get her butt up here to actually meet them she'd understand? :confused::confused: Uh oh! Who said that? lol

I'm taking Myranda to clinic this AM for labs. Hopefully this will be her last hemoglobin check!!

Bad girls for not watchign the game! Just kidding. I am so excited. MY MIL and I were losing it. Poor john had to hang out in the swing because we were jumping too much to hold him! My hubby is so happy. We are off to the party store today to get balloons and to make a cake and decorate the house for him.
Jen- so sorry about james' cold. it is hard to watch babies get sick. like mel said, none of the meds help. but, try Hyland's Sniffles and Sneezes tablets, they work okay, help a bit. Also, make sure that he is propped up when he lies down. conjestion gets worse when horizontal. i love the vapor bath. also, a humidifier in his room will help a ton. Do you have a bulb syringe, you can get some boogies out...
Susan- i remember now that it is dental hygiene school. i get so forgetful these days. bet they buy your house! I cannot believe that they closed school today, 37 and drizzle is crummy but not a blizzard. so what soup are you making? how is your head cold?
Melanie- five pounds from goal weight, holy crap that is awesome! As for your runnign question, yes, 10 minute miles for teh half is very realistic. any faster and you will get injured, especially as the relaxin goes away! I am slowly getting faster. I wish you lived closer so that we coudl train! I will look for the article ablout training for a half indoors. It was helpful and encouraging and also made me wonder if runnign every day is actually holding me back?
I am doing insanity and Cathe Gym Style Back Shoulders and Biceps today. No run. Need the extra time in my day to blow up balloons! That will be my cardio!
Waves to everyone!

Have I told you that I LOVE LOVE my fake spanx from Target?!!! I feel skinny!

At what point should I take James to the doctor? I think my instincts are right on and he's okay for now but then doubt creeps in. He still has no fever, only cough.

Mel- He's about 11.5 pounds. We weighed him at my job last week. Fingers crossed on the hemoglobins!

Christine- I can just imagine poor John's eyes all huge while you crazy women were screaming! LOL :)

Off to another crazy afternoon at work!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.