Suggestions? - Lower Bosy Split

SNM Videos

Administrator
I have posted a format for Lower Body Split (1 of 6 new videos I'm working on) below and I would greatly appreciate if you would contribute your thoughts as to whether it sounds good as is or if you would rather see it changed somehow.:)

Warmly,

Cathe Friedrich

Lower Body Split....The length of this workout can vary as it developes but I am thinking of coming in just around 60 minutes (no longer than that). It will consist of a warm up and all lower body exercises using the same pyramid and super set approach as in the upper body split. The first half of the tape will be standing leg work and the second half of the tape will be seated or lying leg work. It will be designed so that it can easily be divided into two separate workouts (standing or seated). There will be no ab or core work on this video. The workout will conclude with a stretch.

Hi Cathe:

I'm really interested in your new workouts, especially the upper and lower body splits. Here's my input: I've been very successful with a routine that consists of one of your 60-minute step videos and about half an hour of strength training using MIS, five days a week. (I do legs and back one day and chest and arms the next.) So, basically, I'm suggesting that you consider making your upper and lower body split videos longer than an hour, with maybe 45 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of strength training. That way we could alternate the two tapes, and get enough cardio and strength training every day without having to switch around a lot of videos. That would be ideal for me.

Just my two cents. Whatever you end up doing, I'm sure I'll buy it and love it. I'm a big fan.

Thanks for asking for our input, and listening to our suggestions.

Jennifer

RE: Suggestions? - Lower Body Split

I would love a forty-five minute workout. There is no way I could workout out for more than an hour, and if I do have the time, I will just add another tape to make it longer, so forty five minutes sounds perfect for me! My lower BOSY is shaking already!

I hope you will give equal weight to floor work. A lot of us have gimpy knees and/or ankles (in my case, a broken toe of 6 months duration which hates those static lunges! LOL). I think your floor work in PS Legs and Abs is superior and would love to see more floor. That's an area that seems to get short shrift in the video market.

Thanks. Whatever you do, I will buy them all.

I'm so glad you are including lying leg work; it really helps target certain hard-to-shape-up muscles; the more of it, the better.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-02 AT 07:58PM (Est)[/font][p]No more than 60 mins, equally divided into standing and lying leg work. Can you add simple abs/core work... I need help in those areas...

Haslina

I like the idea of a 60 minute workout that can be divided into separate days, such as standing one day, and sitting & lying down another. Your format for this sounds perfect for this tape. You are known to be "BOSY" at times! ;-)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-02 AT 08:05PM (Est)[/font][p]Sorry, double post![font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-02 AT 08:04 PM (Est)[/font]

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

This format sounds great. I like PS Legs because it has standing and floor work. I am glad you decided to do another video with floorwork in it.

Tracy

I think it is a terrific idea, I like the possibility of having two separate workouts -- standing work and floor work. It would be so adaptable in that one can add the floor work onto other workouts. I am getting very excited to say the least -- my poor credit card. Ouch!

Good Evening:

Can you please add step ups and calve exercises? I'd like to see super sets with step ups because they really help my glutes; in fact, I think that side lunges would be a great addition as well. Feel free to throw in some good mornings too! As you can see, I'm really zoning in on the glutes.

The above moves are all featured in other tapes that I use...but I don't know how kosher it would be to name them here. Although they had the moves, I know you would take it to the next level and perfect it!

Also, can you please include calve exercises that will work your calves to failure using weights?

Thanks much!

>>Can you please add step ups and calve exercises? I'd like to see super sets with step ups because they really help my glutes; in fact, I think that side lunges would be a great addition as well.
Also, can you please include calve exercises that will work your calves to failure using weights?<<

Oh yeah! Great idea Joynne!

Cathe
Again, slower rep speed than PS---maybe two up, two down count. Pyramid down to get the tough one out of the way first!
I loathe floor work, but I understand that others like it. Another compromise and do seated work? That would be something new for all of us.
Thanks, Suzanne

Cathe, I think what you suggested sounds great. 60 minutes is good and we don't need an ab or core work on this because we can always throw in the AB tape. I like the idea of the floor work because you don't have much of that except for PS and it's a good break from all the standing and low-ends!! Thank you!!!!!

Donna M

Hi
this sounds good.do those sit & squat from PS.Make the lying floor work tough-lots of leg extensions etc...you may want to consider some balancing moves ie: standing on one leg while bending up & down bend over etc....there are endless possibilities.some martial arts leg work.
Ki

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.