ANNOUNCEMENT: News re: RT 2009 Agenda

TarHeelMom

Cathlete
Hi 2009 Road Trippers!

We’ve been keeping you all in suspense, we know — so sorry! :( -- but we are finally able to announce a little bit more about this year’s Road Trip.

As we’ve mentioned before, Cathe and all of us on the Cathe Road Trip planning team have one goal, and that is to make every RT better than all the ones before it. So, in developing each new RT weekend, we always pay close attention to the feedback that previous Road Trippers have given us through their end-of-RT surveys and other comments. If the RT planning team feels that something is popular and working very well, we’ll tend to keep it as-is and we’ll just try to “freshen” it up if possible. On the other hand, if we feel that we’ve spotted an area where we could make big improvements, we pour our energy into doing that. We’re following these principles in planning for RT 2009, and we are happy to tell you that our team is unanimously thrilled about the way this year’s RT is shaping up! :D

For Road Trip 2009 we will once again have our most popular traditional RT activities: We will have 4 official “Cathe classes” during our weekend; our kickoff event will be a Friday afternoon & evening "Meet & Greet" lollapalooza; we will have our official photo on Saturday morning, followed by classes throughout the day, lunch, some fun downtime and a fantastic Saturday evening party at Cathe’s gym (our “Fitness Feast & Festivities”); and we will have our tearful but yummy Sunday "Farewell Brunch".

A few tweaks have been made to the activities schedule, though, in response to former Road Trippers’ feedback:

• We've learned that during our Friday Meet & Greet — always a work-in-progress – you all have extra energy and adrenaline you’d like to burn off. So we’re going to make that happen. :) At RT 2009, your first official Cathe class will be held late on Friday afternoon at the Meet & Greet Party!!! Cathe is still deciding what type of class she’ll teach, but this new “Kickoff Class” will start around 5:00 – 5:15 (the exact time is yet to be determined because we’re still working on the overall Meet & Greet party schedule). Be SURE to bring or wear your workout clothes and shoes, and be on time! You’ll have time to freshen up and change clothes after class, and we’ll have a beautiful dinner buffet for you starting around 6:15 or 6:30. After dinner there will be more fun & games, including our always-wildly-popular Fitness Relay Race. We promise you, this evening will be our best Meet & Greet Party EVER!

• At the 2008 RT’s we introduced a new feature — the Jammies Nightcap Stretch & Yoga Class, which Cathe taught on Friday night to end the evening. We heard that Road Trippers LOVED this class but would have loved it even more if Cathe had taught it on Saturday evening after our tough day of cardio and strength classes. So we’ve moved it. At RT 2009, the Jammies Nightcap Stretch & Yoga Class will take place at the end of our Saturday night party at Cathe’s gym!! You’ll want to be sure to bring your yoga clothes to the party, or better yet, your most comfy pajamas. Get ready for Cathe to turn you into one limp noodle before you float back onto the Cathe bus to go nighty-night! :D

• And finally, we've learned that getting up for that Sunday morning 7:00 Early Bird Class with Cathe was very tough, especially for Road Trippers who had continued to socialize after getting back to the hotels on Saturday night. So at RT 2009 we have decided to convert and move the Sunday Early Bird Class — it has "become" our newly-added Friday Kickoff Class!! Now you can let your tired muscles sleep in a little longer on Sunday morning before heading straight over to OUR SUNDAY MORNING FAREWELL BRUNCH!! Did we just hear you say “Ahhhhhhhh”?
All of us hope that with these small but strategic schedule changes, you will feel like your weekend has been a perfect blend: A huge variety of challenging and exciting workouts with Cathe, plenty of rest, recovery, stretching and hydration, lots of yummy good food (plus a few treats ;)), and tons of fun with new and old friends. If we’ve done our job right, you’re going to leave this RT feeling like we’ve thoroughly nourished and re-energized your body and your spirit. :D

As always, we’re around to answer questions and we’ll post more details as they become available. Stay tuned, because there’s lots more news to come in the next couple of months!
We can’t wait to see everyone in July!
5.gif

Kathy, Debbie & Lorrayne
Your Cathe Road Trips Coordinators

Last edited:
Sounds perfect to me!

This sounds like a great plan. This is my first road trip - but I would agree that it would be much more fun to workout Friday (after being on a plane or car) to get some energy out! Sunday 7 am - nah... brunch...yeah!!:p

Thanks for changing things up a little! Going shopping for my comfy yoga pants...;)

Thank you so much. This all sounds great to me!!! Its my first Road trip!!!:eek::p
Can't Wait to meet everyone and my roommate Bridget!!

Is it July/August yet?!!

I'm so excited, I'm just beside myself!! :eek: I can't wait for my first Road Trip!!

Thank you Kathy, Debbie, and Lorrayne for planning what I know will be a wonderfully, fun weekend!!

Lisa :)

That's right, rub it in! Who cares if the rest of us are turning green with envy? It was just St. Patrick's Day, after all - the colour will go nice with our green beer!

LOVE the changes!! Though I am such a die hard, I still want a Sunday AM class AND the Friday night class!! Can't we toss in a die hard class for us freaks of nature?! ;-)

LOL Jolene! I kind of agree. I like the idea of starting out with a workout, but I'm not sure I like the idea of no workout on Sunday.

But, it's all good!

JMHO, but I'd prefer Cathe not do her Step class Friday night. This is the highlight workout for me, and I'd hate to have it behind me so quickly.

LOVE the changes!! Though I am such a die hard, I still want a Sunday AM class AND the Friday night class!! Can't we toss in a die hard class for us freaks of nature?! ;-)

I was at the last two roadtrips -- I'm with you Jolene -- I love the changes (i.e. the Friday night class!!). I would also love a class Sunday morning! I'm traveling from Texas and always want to get as many Cathe workouts in as possible in the timeframe we're there (which is way to short, unfortunately!). But I'm happy not matter what!!

Haha glad I am not the only insane one here!! Maybe we can petition for an optional Sunday morning class for us die hards!! I'd love adding just one more workout before we all gorge on food and head home!!

I have to agree with Jolene and the rest on this one. I'm quite disappointed by the change for Sunday morning. Part of the fun WAS staying up late Saturday night with all my friends (new and old) and then the early morning workout. Die hard, freak, CRAZY....call us what you will, but we LOVE it!

HEY! One of US can teach it (but don't look at ME!)! LOL

Gayle

Sounds great! I'll probably need my rest Sunday morning. :confused: But I'm game if they do offer a class. I'd be too afraid I'd miss out on something if I didn't go. :D

Thank you for the great update. I love the idea of having that stretch class on Saturday. Thanks, also, to all of the previous RTers who made that suggestion!

I'm a diehard too, and would LOVE another class on Sunday morning, especially since Cathe won't be teaching the Friday morning class either...
Maybe if enough of us want the class, and voice it here, maybe they might change the schedule and make a Sunday morning diehard class!! (hint, hint ;) & wishful thinking). That would be so great! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.