KK's March 2010 Thread

Netta

Cathlete
Hi all,
Let's see, Sunday I did STS Legs, Disk 20. Good one. I really like the leg workouts in Meso 1 and 2. I went as heavy as I ever have so guess I'm getting stronger. Saturday was Core Cardio Circuit, the whole thing, which I enjoyed. Today was Monday, so a rest day.

Karen, loved seeing you on the blog today. Yes, you are radiant and a great example of youth and vitality. People half your age couldn't keep up with you.

Rhea, what are you sewing? I just finished a wallhanging for my sister's 50th birthday coming up. I have a quilt to start cutting out for my DD soon.

Janie, I'll be doing Disk 21 - Back and Biceps tomorrow. Great workouts, aren't they? Hope the GERD isn't bothering you much.

Thought I'd post a pic of the wallhanging I finished:

Attachments

• Leaf Wallhanging 2-28-10, Quilt detail 010.jpg
    Leaf Wallhanging 2-28-10, Quilt detail 010.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 6
Good Evening!

It was kinda nice to pull up the email and see the success story. With my DH there. That picture was taken in Florida when I was there fairly recently. The blue sky in back is really nice, I think.

Anyway, today was Hiit Pyramids -- I like that workout more and more and it's really becoming a favorite. Yesterday was MMA Boxing -- which is also a good workout -- I did it minus the core in order to make the time right for me.

Can't wait until I can do longer workouts. But it's just not to be right now. Jeanette, did you post a picture of that wall hanging? I'm going to have to go back and have a look. Oh, it's beautiful. Maple leaves. I've never seen anything like it, Jeanette. Very, very pretty.

Hi Janie! Thanks so much for your compliments. I wasn't sure they would post it. But for what it's worth, I really do think the Cathe workouts help me to look as young as is possible for me. Of course I picked a picture that didn't show my wrinkles.

Hi Rhea!

I'm off to go walk -- well, it's really a run -- the dogs. Then to bed. Have a great day tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jeanette, Fantastic job on the legs and that very harde Core Cardio Circuit. Didn't you find the later one challenging? I sure did when I did it today.

Your quilt is so lovely. I adore Autumn leaves. Who is the lucky one who get this?

I hardly notice my GERD anymore. Been getting use to the new way of eating. A lot less meat, lots of greens and vegies. Works for me. Oh and the licorice tablets helps and/or ginger candy when I need them.

KK, Again, I have to tell ya, how young you look. Great job in staying fit and healthy. There is no doubt in my mind that working out with Cathe has that effect on ones body. If you have wrinkles, they must be very very very tiny.LOL:D

Janie

Last edited:
Jeanette - very pretty quilt. Man, you must be sewing all the time. I rarely find the extra time to work on my quilts, darn chores keep getting in the way. By the time I'm done, I'm too pooped. And I've learned the hard way, don't sew when pooped. I actually sewed a seam three times when I was tired and made the same mistake! (fabric wasn't right sides together, not an unobvious goof) Right now I'm trying to catch up with one of my block of the months, a McKenna Ryan applique quilt; it is called "Once upon a Star." Lots of pieces, so sometimes I get the "oh my" factor when I have to start cutting.

I'm finding that I don't really enjoy the leg workout in Meso 3, actually dread it. So much jumping.

KK - I didn't get to read the entire blog yet, I can't get onto it at work. But I love that picture. You are a great inspiration; I have a big number birthday coming up in a while....yikes.

Janie - Good job on keeping up with the good eating. I have to change my ways a little better. I'm still battling the reflux along with the lovely pregnant looking belly. I've been doing a semi gut flush (I say semi since I don't do the full doses recommended, I'll gradually increase) with some products from UniKey Health, recommended by whatever her name is....Gittleman. Doing the probiotics, the parasite flush, etc. Have had some success so far, so I've just got to start better eating, need much more fiber.

Well, enough of me. Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Jeanette - how do you get the photo so that you can upload it? My photo is 2.5 MB so it is too big. :(

Good Evening!

Today was 1/2 of one of my favorites ME. I'll do the other half day after tomorrow.

Janie, I don't have the STS weights and so I'm a little lost on what goes on with that. I just keep doing my regular strength workouts, but I gotta tell you that I love the STS cardio. My hand reaches for these workout a lot. Yeah, I think doing the Cathe workouts really does help. I truly do. And I do have wrinkles (wish I didn't). Sigh... I eat alot of greens, too. Have a green drink (that I hate to make but I do it anyway) every morning and eat alot of greens. But I also love my milk and at dinner time we usually have some sort of animal protein (eggs, meat, whatever). We're still about mostly raw -- probably down to 70% right now, due to the heavier dinner meal.

Rhea, wish I knew those workouts better, but again I don't. I'm not one for the jumping either -- but I'm getting into it slowly. I think the Hiit Pyramids is becoming my favorite now. I dread the 40/20 cause it's such a hard workout. But I do it occasionally. And love that cardio/abs workout. My daughter also is doing a flush and parasite flush -- she went to a Chinese doctor here locally and I do have a DVD he's done, if you're interested. I could send it to you. She had alot of heavy metals in her system and she was able to finally flush them out of her system.

Jeanette, hope your day went well. That is really a gorgeous quilt. I've just never seen anything quite like it. Really beautiful.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I will anyway. We lost a cat today, Bear. Two weeks ago we found a lump on him and after that he went down really fast. Interestingly (he was mostly an outside cat --even though we have a cat door) -- but this morning he dragged himself into the house and yowled and DH and I came running and petted him. I think it was his way of saying good-bye. Two hours later, he passed away.

We will miss him.

Anyway, have a good day tomorrow, everyone.

KK - I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. Isn't interesting how they wait until they can say goodbye? I had a kitty that was poisoned and was gone for two days. He was found under the deck and he had waited until we found him to take his last breathes. (oh, geeze, I still tear up when I think of it...:rolleyes: such a weeper!) Okay, gotta go get the kleenex!

Well, I did it finally....not as sharp an image as the original. I had to shrink it to 60%, I think I can go a little bigger next time. That is the baby quilt I finished in November.

Yesterday Joey and I did STS Disc 31 Chest & Back. Today we did BBL Tummy Tuck and I did the Insanity Cardio Recovery. The last one was so needed to stretch those muscles out.

KK, I think not only do you look young but you are stronger too. You are so consistent with your workouts. With the variety of using STS cardio, your body is confused enough to give it a lot of challenge. I'm proud of you sticking with it all these years.

I just started having green drinks lately. They are so good. I use about 6-8 green red lettuce or romaine or other greens to make up that much. Then one banana and one grapefruit/orange. HMMMMMMM:p, delicious.

During the day I eat vegies and at night usually a salad with some kind of chicken/turkey or fish. Lots of times lately, I will forgo the meat and use rice and beans to replace the meat. I'm liking this change. I'm feeling that I don't need as much sleep. Is that suppose to happen?

Awe. I'm so sorry for your loss. Animals to me are so special and part of the family. Rest in peace Bear. My condolences to you KK. I know how animals can tug at your heart.:(

Rhea, Yeah, you did it! Love the quilt, it's so unique. Man, I used to quilt all the time, but find no time for it lately.

Jeanette, How ya doing?

Janie

Last edited:
Hi ladies,
Let's see, Monday was my rest day, yesterday was STS Disk 21, Back and Biceps. Today was all of Athletic Step, with one of the Ab Circuit workouts tacked on. Haven't been able to do any walking on my breaks at work. Weather just hasn't been that good, and I've been very busy. I do need to take the time though. Today was a dentist appointment. Replaced one of my old silver fillings and did some white fillings along the gum line for a few of my bottom teeth. I need to look for a Sonic Care toothbrush tonite online. Also was fitted for a night guard to wear to alleviate the grinding that they say I must be doing.

Rhea, very nice baby quilt. I like the colors. I'll have to look up the McKenna Ryan pattern. I cut out a twisted bargello to make for my DD last night. Want to start sewing the strips together tonite. So sad about your kitty... I had one that died when I was a child and I cried every night for 2 weeks over poor Shadow. I'll never forget him.

Janie, do you like the BBL? Is it a no-dread kind of workout? Do you like the Insanity workouts? I'm not a big cardio queen so that one never tempted me. I didn't know you used to quilt. Have you gotten to do any painting lately?

Karen, I am so sorry that your kitty is gone. What a blessing our pets are, but we sure miss them when they pass on. Mom and Dad brought over their new Corgi cross doggy to meet our 3 today. They all got along very well. I can see some obedience training in the near future for their little dog. Dad had a hard time catching him today when he let him out for a run.

Hope everyone has a good evening, catch you tomorrow.

Did Disc 32 Plyo Legs. My legs are just like rubber.

Jeanette, Great job on your workouts. You are doing so well. Glad to see you taking care of your teeth. I have a sonic toothbrush and just love it.

I do like BBL. It can be used with many different kinds of routines/rotations. Can also be used for a lower body workout, just remember to add some calf exercises. It is a no dread workout, because it is so much fun. It's not that easy, and while you are having fun, you are really working out. It has a nutritional program, (I do my own) and a band to use for some exercises.

Love the Insanity workouts as well. I use them in between workouts for my cardio. Also can use them in rotations. Love them a lot. It also has a nutritional program (again I use my own).

No painting lately. I don't know why I don't have time for my projects. Oh, maybe I do. I'm reading lately and baking bread, continuing with my book (yeah!), and odds and ends that seem to need my attention. But, will get back to it once again soon.

Janie

Good Morning!

These past few days have been very busy and I can't believe I've forgotten to post -- so thought I'd do it early today. :D

Rhea, your post on your cat brought tears to my eyes, too. Yes, we love our pets and miss them when they are gone. I've noticed that my pets have been grieving over the loss also.

I love the quilt -- I love the kitties. Very pretty. You and Jeanette are so talented.

Jeanette, your workouts look great. Hopefully the weather will get better so you can get out and exercise as well -- at least go for walks. I, too, have gotten rid of my silver fillings. Actually I noticed quite a difference in health after I did that. My daughter has them and I am trying like crazy to get her to replace them. So glad you got that done.

Janie, thanks for your compliments. I do try. I only look forward to the days once again when I can do longer workouts. For now, it's still the 1/2 hour workouts. Hope your have time for that painting today.

Have a super day, everyone!:D

KK, See you as busy as usual. Is that not good though? Don't know when I'll be able to paint, but for now, no time. Great job on your workouts.

Janie

Hi girls,
Let's see, Thursday's workout was STS Disk 22 for Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. That night, DH and I went to Reno and spent the night with our son and DIL. I played golf on Friday (no workout in the morning), and DH and DS went to the Rocky Mtn. Elk show. They had a good time and bought a tent for their hunting trips. I had a good time playing golf and also hit Costco and bought my Sonicare toothbrush. I really like using it, feels great.

Today's workout was a bike ride around our local loop for 17 miles. Felt good to get out there. After some housework, I played 9 holes of golf. Nice day today. Tomorrow will be STS Legs or STS Back & Biceps, not sure which I'll do.

Janie, I'll have to check out the BBL workouts. Leg workouts aren't a favorite for me so anything that's fun is good... I love to bake bread, but would eat the whole loaf so I'd better not start that again. Glad to hear you are working on your book. Are you near the finishing point yet?

Karen, I think your shorter workouts are just fine. Obviously, it works for you as you just glow with good health! I wish my parents would have been more active. I think they would feel better now. They seem to be getting more and more sedentary.

Rhea, hope you are well and bet you are busy planning for the house. Love your kitty quilt!

J.

Good Evening!

Hi!

Today was Hiit 30/30 -- it's one I like -- it's a little easier than 40/20, which I find is really kinda hard. Hopefully I'll be able to talk my husband into doing a workout with me tomorrow -- I'm thinking of MMA Boxing -- just think he'll like it -- there are also fellows in that workout.:)

Yesterday was the last 1/2 of one my favorites, ME -- and boy, am I sore today. : ) And day before that was 40/20, which is the most difficult of the Hiit workouts, I think.

Janie, thanks so much for your words. Yes, busy seems to be a part of my life right now. Would like to be able to do 1 hour workouts again, but it's just not to be right now. So I do what I can do. :) How is your book going? I still love those soaps.

Jeanette, it sounds like your trip to Reno was a real pleasure. I really liked that town. It's in such a beautiful spot, and I still remember that beautiful river and its walk right next to it --really pretty. So glad you were able to ride your bike again and play golf. I know you love those.

Well, it's getting late and it's Saturday night -- so I'd better go and see my DH. Have a super rest of the weekend.:D

Rest day today.

KK, Great job on your workout. Hope your DH will workout tomorrow with you too. It's so much better when someone can workout with ya.;)

Book is doing good. I'm not working on it as much as I'd like, but I'm still making all kinds of corrections... on it and writing the recipes too. wish it was done already.:(

Jeanette, Good job on disc 22. Seems you had a very busy few days. I love my Sonicare toothbrush too. Oh my, I can't even imagine a bike ride for 17 miles let alone 9 holes of golf. I can bike 5 or so miles, but 10? How do you get up to that many miles on a bike? Is there a secret to that? After awhile my butt and crotch hurts so badly I have to stop.LOL I know you enjoyed your golf.

Sometimes I think I'm nearing the end of my book, then something I see in it needs to be changed. It's just keeps going and going. I'm getting a little tired of it though. I took on more work than I thought it would be.

Janie

Last edited:
Good afternoon!

Been playing catch up with the workouts...yesterday was the pylo legs #32, I think. Today was a run in the morning and will be the last disc from last week to finish up Week 3 of Meso 3. Then I start Week 4 tomorrow. I think I will be tired by the end of the week. I really shouldn't skip days and then try to catch up, but I did not want to repeat Week 3.

Well, looks like everyone is keeping busy. Have a great rest of the day. :D

Did STS Disc 34 Chest & Back

Rhea, LOL:eek: Your as bad as I am! Except I can't finish my makeups. You are too good. A trooper for sure.;)

Janie

Good Evening!

Short post cause I'm short on time. Goodness! Today was Hiit Pyramids -- one of my favorites right now. Not sure what tomorrow will be -- some strength workout. :)

I'm off to walk our dogs and then to bed -- hopefully I'll fall right to sleep.

Hi Janie!

Hi Rhea!

Hi Jeanette!

More later, just gotta push off for now. Have a super day tomorrow. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.