Your Favorite "Signature" Scent?

tneah

Cathlete
Hello Ladies,

I have risen off the couch and hobbled over to the computer after smelling Sarah Jessica Parkers new scent strip in a magazine, the fragrance is called "Covet". Smells pretty yummy!

I just wondered what scents you all wear and love? I am always on the lookout for that "perfect' scent, you know the one that people smell and immediately associate with you?:)
What are your absolute favorites? I have worn everything, but am very fickle when it comes to fragrance-I guess its the gemini in me!

Right now I have about three different ones, for nighttime or after a bath I like Tom Ford's "Black Orchid". Its a little heavy for summer though, but my DH likes this one. I also like Narcisco Rodreigiez ( I know I butchered the spelling on that one.):) I love the spicy ones!

For day, right now I wear Exotic Coconut body spray from Bath and Body Works-it smells like summer to me. But am looking for a different, lighter floral day scent!

Thanks for sharing.:7

RE: Your Favorite

Hi tneah! How are you feeling? I was glad to hear that your appetite is back and that you're walking a bit. Keep up the good work!!

I'm just like you. Very fickle about fragrances and always wanting more. I find during the summer I'm mostly wearing "Be Delicious" so far. It's light and uncomplicated, yet yummy. Perfect for summer daytime. Sometimes I wear Marc Jacobs too, which is also light, but I have to be in JUST the right mood for that one.

My greatest find in the last few years has been a fragrance called MV1 at the Mac make-up store. This is the fragrance I've been chasing my whole life. I think the Mac fragrances are less expensive knock-offs of well-known fragrances. The names are all MV1, MV2, MV3, etc. This is the one I will follow someone down the street just to be near, but never knew what it was called. I still don't, but Mac does a perfect rendition of it in MV1. It is light, flirty, clean but sexy. If you're ever passing by a Mac store, stop by and sniff their fragrances. I'm on my second bottle and am addicted to the stuff.

Hugs,
Nancy

I love these kinds of posts !! Fun !! I have a lot of fragrances that I really enjoy. For the higher-end brands, I love PRADA PRADA, Narciso Rodriguez, and Chanel ALLURE. For more everday casual scents, I am a big fan of Bath and Body Works and love COTTON BLOSSOM, WARM VANILLA SUGAR, and Jasmine Vanilla. Reading one of the posts above though, I am very curious to try the MAC scents.

Some of my faves: Prada, Vicky Tiel, Clean, the Bulgaris (green, black and original).

Now Nancy has me wanting to go to a MAC store!!!

OOOOOPS !! I forgot 2 add 2 other scents, PURE GRACE and AMAZING GRACE by PHILOSOPHY. WONDERFUL !!!!! These are scents I will use forever !!

I'm rotating Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist and DKNY's Be Delicious. I'm going to order that MAC MV1 as Nancy and I seem to like the same scents.

I love pretty much anything from kenzo. I am wearing one of their new scents (in a yellow leaf bottle). It's great because a sephora just opened in my area and they sell kenzo perfume. Now I don't have to order the product and wait to see if I like it or not.

Hey tneah- How are you feeling?

I can't break out of my habit of wearing Ralph Lauren Romance, I love it. I get asked all the time, "what are you wearing?". The funny thing is once I put it on, ten minutes later I can't smell it but everyone else can. I heard once that if the perfume is a good mix for your body chemicals then you shouldn't be able to smell it after 20 min or so. Not sure if that is true or not.

I also do use Victoria Secret Amber Romance body spray for evenings after working out & showering.

My 2 signatures are "Passion" by Liz Taylor and I also like "Sensual Amber" body spray from Bath and Body Works. Neither are very summery. I normally only wear them when going out w/ my hubby or trying to seduce the hubby. He associates the smells with getting some lovin' :) :)
Other than that, I don't wear perfume on a day to day basis. I smell like shampoo and which ever body wash I use for that day. Normally lighter and fruitier in the Summer and Spring, and darker and warmer in the Fall and Winter.

Nan

My favorites are Pure Grace by Philosophy, Amarige by Givenchy and Flowers by Kenzo.

I'd be surprised if you didn't like it, Tam. Anyway, the price is great, so if you don't like it you can give it to someone.

My favorite scent is Happy Heart by Clinique. I love this one and have been exclusively wearing it for about 5 years now. I always get compliments and even my superintendent will say....."I know I ask you this all the time, but what is your perfume again"....lol She tells me that she just loves how fresh, yet subtle the floral scent is.

Stephanie

Miracle so Magic by Lancome and Chance by Chanel. If my kids get a whiff of either of these, they know it's "Mum's smell". Makes them feel comforted. I love how the scent lingers on my scarf and coat and greets me next time I get ready to go out.

Clare

Fun post!!!

My all-time favorite is Body by Victoria (Victoria's Secret). I get compliments on it all the time. One of my friends actually liked it so much that she went out and bought a bottle only to find that it doesn't smell the same on her as it does on me.

I also love Mac's MV1 as well. I go back and forth, but almost always reach for Body by Victoria.

The only fragrance I use, and I use it everyday, is DKNY Be Delicious.

I suppose I should find another one for other seasons...someone above said it's summery, and I guess it is, but I do like it very much. Also, I think it's the scent my SO associates with me, and he likes the way I smell, so I don't want to change it. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.