Your favorite makeup?

delfin

Cathlete
I don't wear alot of makeup, and I usually just buy the drugstore stuff. But lately, when I'm in a dept. store, I'm so curious about some of the more expensive brands. My mother always buys them (usually gets a "bonus", too). So what do you think? Are the more expensive brands better? What's your favorite?

I like the more expensive make-up. I think it has a luxurious, silken quality that I don't find in drug store brands. The only drugstore product I use is mascara.

I don't have one favorite brand. I use MAC concealer, foundation, and powder; Sue Devitt Studios blush; eyeshadows by Lorac and Chanel, and eyeliners by Sue Devitt and Estee Lauder. At the moment I'm using a Chanel lip gloss. I love them all!

Michele

I really like Benefit, Signature A (not the foundation's though), Les Club Des Createurs De Beaute (out of business now), etc.

Charlotte~~

I play around with cheek, eye & lip color (I'm still crying the blues over Club Monaco's discontinuation, they had the best lip gloss). But when it comes to foundations, concealers & powder I use Prescriptives. It gives my skin a glow I can't get from other brands.

Mascara- Christian Dior
Foundation- Clinique
lip gloss- Two Faced, Benefit,

You can get equivalent items in a drug store though. I just prefer the dept store brands for my mascara & foundation.

:)

I like a lot of them too. My favorite is called Trucco, but I found that the spf ingredients irritate my skin, and all their products contained spf 15. So I started using MAC, which has a lot less of the spf ingredients and doesn't irritate my skin. Just in terms of pure color, I think Prescriptives has one of the most beautiful palettes I've ever seen, but I thought the quality was somewhat lacking for the money I was spending on it.

-Nancy

I wear a real mix of brands, but I'm really getting hooked on Paula Begoun's products. Paula is the author of "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me," and she cuts through a lot of the mystique and hype related to cosmetics. She has skin care and makeup lines, and I think they're very well done at very reasonable prices. She has some great antioxidant and BHA/AHA products for SO much less than department store brands. And ordering online is easy; the website gives great color descriptions, and I've never had trouble with colors I've ordered. You can read some reviews and good articles on her website (cosmeticscop.com). I think she makes a lot of sense!

That said, I DO love visiting the MAC counter...so many eye shadows, so little time!
Allison

I have found that I really like id bare minerals. So light. I do wear a drugstore mascara just b/c I have not found a more expensive one that I like better. But I do feel that I get better coverage with some of the more expensive brands.

Like Allison, I'm a HUGE fan of Paula Begouns's makeup and skin care. I have extremely sensitive skin and I've had no problems with any of her products. I love that they are all fragrance free as well.

Lori

I used to only buy Chanel. But got mad about the price. So, I have been buying origins. So far, I like all of their makeup as much as Chanel. If I buy drugstore stuff, I usually regret it. Plus, I like to try it on at the store. Melissa

I just recently started trying Burt's Bees make up. They sell what they call a "Make up Kit" for about $8 and it has VERY generous sample sizes of all of their make up in just about all of their colors.

I'm liking it a lot!

I wear neutrogena skin clearing foundation. It s the only one that doesnt break my face out. It's for acne prone skin.Anytime I try something different I break out so I have learned to stick with neutrogena.

Hi Gayle,

I'm interested in this "Make up Kit" but I couldn't find it anywhere on the Burt's Bees website. They had lots of other kits, but none with a cosmetics theme. May I ask where you got yours?

Thanks!

I have used many drugstore brands. I like Other brands better for foundation though. After trying many times, I go back to Exuvience and Estee Lauder Ideal Matte (needs a lighter color for me) but I do like this one the best as far as it can be added too without rolling up? Ayway I have a lot of oily skin and shine break through everywhere. These hold up the best. I recently tried some of the Bedhead foundations. I tried the liquid and broke out in acne something awful. I took it back and bought the one that is oil free in a jar that is whipped. It has salcylic acid and works pretty well. Still the lightest color is to dark. I guess I am majorly pale! Otherwise I experiment alot. I just feel like foundation is the base to all of it so work to find the right one.
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.