Youngest and oldest Cathletes!

I am 37 and I have been doing Cathe DVDs since 2006. My husband got me KickMax for Christmas that year and I was hooked. I had been doing The Firm prior to that and I was pleased to see there was new challenge for me with Cathe's workouts.

I am 58 and I my first Cathe was MIS on VHS. I still use it regularly. Cathe is the best. I am so glad I found her workouts.

I am 53 and my husband is 55. We have been working out with cathe since Mega Step circa 1992?

We were using Step Reebok - remember "The hardest workout on the planet?". Well, after the first go round with Mega Step we immediately renamed it Mega Death. I never thought that I would make it all the way through. Now it is too easy :D

I have all of Cathe's workouts even one where there is a beach background - I can't remember the name of it.

We have kept pace with Cathe for almost 20 years - she keeps getting more fit and so do we

Debbie Russo

What an inspirational lot of people! I'm 55 and it's good to see I have many years of Cathe workouts ahead of me. I only discovered Cathe about 3 years ago. Being in Australia makes us very isolated at times!:rolleyes:

I am 51 and I found Cathe through Collage Video. My first purchases were MIS and MIC. I loved the workouts because they were a challenge. That was back around 98 or 99 and I haven't looked back.

Cheryl

I'm 44 and I discovered Cathe on FitTV in 2005. Former Firm-y, but they kept changing their workouts to fit their latest step design and I refused to buy more equipment. However, I'll do anything for Cathe.

I agree with you all -- she's tough, she doesn't stop working out with you, her cues are spot on, and after 6 years, they haven't really gotten any easier to do!

I have a really hard time doing other instructors and I now gave them all to my sister and only buy Cathe videos.

What's funny is my Christmas list this year is all workout stuff!! But, I'm in the best shape of my life.

I'm 55 and have known of Cathe since the early 90s; I did have her early Step N Motion VHS workouts.
I was an instructor and went to a step seminar in North Kansas City to earn CEC's to maintain cerification. I learned how to teach step aerobics from Cathe! I have a booklet of combinations (not as complex as her current combos) and worked in my living room for hours learning how to link those combos together and create some of my own before teaching step. Before that I was doing basic choreography and getting very bored. I will say Cathe was quite the taskmaster :)

I quite teaching in 94, but didn't start exercising with Cathe as a home exerciser until 2001. I found her online; though I can't remember why...I can't remember what my first purchase was; I wish I could.

I thought Cathe didn't start Step N Motion Videos until about 1988. I could be wrong, but I didn't think she had videos out in the mid 80's. Not trying to pick, just wondering if you knew about some earlier videos that I don't know about.

You might be right about the time frame, I even have her lst. low impact step video. My daughter was born in 85 & right around that time I found Cathe. It could have been 88. My memory is not what it used to be

I am 50 and discovered Cathe via a collage video catalog about 10 years ago. I have almost her entire library of videos- also on separate shelves from other instructors (powerstrike, Kelly Coffe Meyer, Tony Horton, Shawn T, Peak 60, The firm and a ton of yoga and pilates)

My 7 year old granddaughter regularly works out to Cathe. She likes the DrillMax , Cardio and weights and HiiT workouts. She and her mom lived with us until she was 4, so she grew up watching Mom and Nana workout to Cathe and she is following suit. She was most upset when she couldn't go to the NJ road trip this year, but hopes to meet Cathe sometime in the future!!

I'm 47 and have been working out with Cathe for a couple of years...my first purchase was HiiT, which was an advanced workout getting great reviews on Collage. I had been doing "advanced " workout videos from other instructors and was getting so bored. Cathe showed me that I could do so much more and have so much fun in the process...I'll never go back! Thanks to Cathe, I lift heavier weights than I ever thought possible (and have wonderful muscle tone and strength) and am in the best cardiovascular shape of my life ( when I signed up at the gym last year, it came with a free fitness analysis...basically a way for them to show you where your fitness weaknesses are and how a trainer might be of help). They were pretty condescending when I told them my cardio was doing exercise videos at home, but they didn't have much to say when I tested at elite athlete level...hah...score one for Cathe (and, to be honest, I almost fainted from pleasure at the validation of all my hard efforts)!

And thanks to Cathe, I also decided to try spinning. They have spinning classes at my gym but I never took one...when Cathe announced LIS I decided I should try it so I'd be in shape for CycleMax. I'm so glad I did! I'm a total convert and have been lucky to find an instructor who motivates me like Cathe and who takes her job seriously like Cathe...she's pushed me to new levels, too, and I have Cathe to thank for the motivation to even try.

I always refer to Cathe as my "trainer" but nobody's ever heard of her. Sigh.

Cathe has truly changed my life, and I'm incredibly grateful to her.

Trixoo

I'm 47 and have been working out with Cathe for a couple of years...my first purchase was HiiT, which was an advanced workout getting great reviews on Collage. I had been doing "advanced " workout videos from other instructors and was getting so bored. Cathe showed me that I could do so much more and have so much fun in the process...I'll never go back! Thanks to Cathe, I lift heavier weights than I ever thought possible (and have wonderful muscle tone and strength) and am in the best cardiovascular shape of my life ( when I signed up at the gym last year, it came with a free fitness analysis...basically a way for them to show you where your fitness weaknesses are and how a trainer might be of help). They were pretty condescending when I told them my cardio was doing exercise videos at home, but they didn't have much to say when I tested at elite athlete level...hah...score one for Cathe (and, to be honest, I almost fainted from pleasure at the validation of all my hard efforts)!

Trixoo

That's awesome Trixxoo.

will be 50 in January...found Cathe when I bought her long step and there was a DVD inside...did the Firm before that. Haven"t tried anyone since!

I have been a lurker for years and have learned so much from this "educated crowd", but I thought I'd jump in here too. :D I'll be 49 next month and I read about Cathe's "Stepfit" in Shape magazine. I believe it was 1995 and I ordered it on VHS tape and I have never looked back. Cathe has changed my life and I feel like a 25 yr. old in a 48 yr. old body (on most days :rolleyes:) I just hope my knees with let me keep up with her! :p I will also add that Cathe has taught me that weight lifting is definitely the "fountain of youth"!

I too have discovered Cathe via fittv. I used to record her videos from tv then do them when more convenient for me then I decided to finally buy them - first the ones I knew from tv. Now I own just about all of them! I've enjoyed her workouts since 2004 and I'm 42 now. You know when Cathe says 'see you next workout?' I always answer her and say 'yes you will!'

I am 31. I've been doing Cathe workouts for 7 years, since 2004. I credit Walmart and Collage Video for introducing me to Cathe. I bought her small size step from Walmart and my first DVD (Lowmax!) from College Video. I've been a devout cathe fan ever since. I've tried other instructors and IMO, they all pale in comparison to Cathe. I don't live in a mansion and I don't drive a mercedes, but I am oh-so-proud of the 39 Cathe workout DVD's in my collection. :)

I'm 34 and have only been working out to Cathe since 2009. I foud her on FitTV and really wished I had found her sooner b/c it would have saved me money from going to the gym. I really like Cathe's style and it was exactly what I was looking for.

I think Cathe is awesome and am actually glad alot of people don't know about her b/c she listens to her customers and makes great workouts!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.