You pick Cathe's music

sixx788

If you could pick Cathe's music for her next step video....what bands/type would it be?

I would pick some Motley Crue, Poison, Kiss, Aerosmith, Skid Row any 80's hair bands. I would love to do a step video to that. Classic Rock would be fun too. I know you can always play the music on your own radio, but I still need to hear Cathe's cues. I am just curious to see what all of you say.

Kelly

Well I wouldn't have a problem with some 80's hair bands, sure would be a nice change of pace, and heck if Margrett Richard can use Aerosmith's music why can't Cathe.

But truefully, music isn't a big deal to me. I can handle anything (except country) as long as the workout is good.
Dawn W

I often find, unexpectedly, that I enjoy someone else's pick more than my own.

Right now my own are Vanessa Williams (The Sweetest Days CD), Mark Anthony, Christina Aguilera, and Maxi Priest/Shaggy. How about that.

Personally, I hope that Cathe keeps using the same type music that she used for the last group of videos, Power Hour, Rhythmic Step and Slow & Heavy. I also liked the music in the CTX series. She is definitely known for picking out good music.
Lisa

I'm the minority

I love country! But not sure if I want to step to it. I'd also love some Motley Crue, Def Leppard, etc. Or 80's pop. I'm excited to see what she picked for the yoga video. I love the music in CTX stretch segments. It's so relaxing.

Andrea

RE: Which Cathe has the honky tonk music?

It was Step Jam. I just did it. That comment she makes about it being "Hillbilly music" always cracks me up! I love the music in CTX, S&H, and PH. Especially the James Bondish stuff from CTX Step Intervals & S&H Shoulders. I also like music that doesn't have vocals, but if there are vocals, I like them to be powerful, like Mary J. Blige, Crystal Waters, etc. I really do like the music Cathe uses. And if Prince would EVER let people use his music in videos, then that would be my #1 choice. Great thread!

Your post cracked me up, Kelly- what a great idea! That would be awesome!! Cathe always manages to find great music so I have no complaints, but if she's looking for ideas.....I hope she sees this one!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-02 AT 03:20PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-02 AT 03:19 PM (Est)[/font]

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-02 AT 03:18 PM (Est)[/font]

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-02 AT 03:14 PM (Est)[/font]

I just had to chime in here. We've had a thread like this before and I voted Beatles and Aerosmith. And Duran Duran may be the best of all for this. Check out any of their albums and you will find plenty of hooks and sexy, funky bass to exercise with. Cathe's awesome right now but if you have her exercising to these 3 bands I'd probably melt before I got 1/3 of the way thru the video!!!
Others I like: Def Leppard, K.C.and Sunshine Band(don't laugh!), Van Halen, Matchbox 20, Bee Gees(again, don't laugh!), Fleetwood Mac, Queen, Heart, Smashmouth, Kix (awesome Maryland band that didnt really catch on nationally) and Spandau Ballet.
Anyway.....great thread!!
Trevor :) :-jumpy

RE: Little Feat!!!

I'd have to pick any 80's pop tunes. I love to sing along while I'm working out. My favorite picks would be Duran Duran, Van Halen, and a medley of all the one hit wonders....there were so many in the 80's!!

Stacy

How about Earth, Wind & Fire, Hootie & The Blowfish or KC & The Sunshine Band? I walk on my treadmill to these all the time, and they keep me moving!

Sandi M

You may smack me if you want, but I'd like to do aerobics to...
disco.
Yes, I like disco music. I think it would make great aerobic music.

For weights, hard rock. Like Gun n Roses, Aerosmith, that sort of thing.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-02-02 AT 00:10AM (Est)[/font][p]I like the music in MIC (especially the last song in hi-lo segment!) and I like kind of music Christi Taylor uses in her recent videos like Still Jumpin/Still Steppin. I also think that Richard Simmons has great music in his new workouts (but I would never buy them just for the music :)) Give me some radio hits anytime!

>Personally, I hope that Cathe keeps
>using the same type music
>that she used for the
>last group of videos, Power
>Hour, Rhythmic Step and Slow
>& Heavy.
>Lisa

Hmm, I might be in the minority here, but I don't like the music in her recent videos - I find it too repetitive and it seems it has no tune. I used to even avoid Cardio kicks because of the music, now I kind of got used to it. Oh well, taste differ.

Olga

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.