You know you're getting old when.....

Worknprogress

Cathlete
you reach in your underwear drawer, dig out your granny panties (we all have some!) and start to wear them everyday because they are just so much more comfortable than what you've been wearing for the past 30 years!

And.......when doing STS you have to put your reading glasses on in between exercises just to see what weight you need for your next set!

I knew I was getting older when I looked in the mirror and realized I had to make sure my nipples lined up. :D

I knew I was getting older when I looked in the mirror and realized I had to make sure my nipples lined up. :D
LOL!!! You also do that after you've breastfed a few kids. :D:D:D

I was just thinking the other day that I try to change my face when I realize I'm squinting so I can "reverse the lines." And I can't make long drives to visit family without needing a good rest now. :p

Melissa

you reach in your underwear drawer, dig out your granny panties (we all have some!) and start to wear them everyday because they are just so much more comfortable than what you've been wearing for the past 30 years!

And.......when doing STS you have to put your reading glasses on in between exercises just to see what weight you need for your next set!

Yup, I have to put on my glasses in between STS sets. I also take them on the treadmill with me so I can read some of the settings on my HR Monitor. Damn.

LMAO!!!! I'm with you with the granny panties. I'm so sick of floss being up my butt!!! Give me my comfy cotton panties any day! :eek:

:D

I definitely relate to the reading glasses! I have to put them on to write down what weight I used and for STS to see what was next and what weight I needed. At least I am still lifting weights!

when you take out a book from the library and make sure it is large print,so you don't have to wear your reading glasses,then realize you still can't see the umm.. words!:confused:

Ack! My eyes seem to get worse with every passing year. If I don't have my reading glasses, I can't read anything up close. I am at a total loss in a restaurant because I can't see the menu.

Not long ago a friend and I went to a concert. We both left our reading glasses at home and we literally could not read the section/row/seat numbers on our tickets. We didn't even know where to start. It was beyond frustrating. For a brief time I felt what it might be like to be blind and try to go somewhere like that. We had to ask for help from a (young) usher. :eek:

I will have to say though, you'll have to pry my hanky panky thongs off my old body. I will wear those forever. No granny panties for me! :p

ROFLMAO!!!

You are all cracking me up so much! I can relate to all of these except the granny panties! I'm still perfectly comfortable in my boycut, bikini and thong panties!

As for glasses? I wear them whenever I'm awake! I practically need them to sleep now! I can only see blurry shadows without them these days!

:mad:

When in down dog my knees look like those of an elderly relative....

The eye of the needle has become absolutely wee....

All those jokes about someone's arms aren't long enough to see the menu stop being funny.:confused:

Yeah I used to only wear the floss kind. Now I LOOVE Old Navys pantis. light sheer like fabric. Kinda a boyshort shape, not sure what they call them. So comfy but really cute too. My DH who hates grandmas doesn't complain about them.
I've just reluctantly started wearing glasses while online etc. The eye dr said I needed to wear them more but I can't seem to get used to them. I noticed that I need them now. sigh.

Guess who they've got their Hanes on now? Me!

Nooooo!

No granny panties for me (not even when I was pregnant!), but I did copy all of my STS workouts into MS Word, make the typeface 16 points, and print it out so I could see it without glasses!

A very funny thread -- thanks for the laugh!

No granny panties for me, although more than anything I miss seeing things up close.

I can SO relate to having to wear glasses to see the time and elevation on the treadmill! It just seems like the bad eyesight happened overnight.

Cheryl

I had a revelation this morning that age is no longer creeping up, it is beginning to gallop!!
This morning while teaching step class I had my first major power surge hot flash that left me literally dripping in sweat!! Most of the people in class are in their 40s and 50s so they were very understanding while I took a few minutes to mop up my face as well as the floor around my step- sweat was literally flying!!!

I am with ya'll on the readers...I have been wearing readers with my contacts for over a year because the monovision contacts just don't work for me, I guess my brain is to stubborn to re-train.

The good news is thanks to insanity and HiiT I can do all the plyo moves and put people 25 years younger than me to shame with the stamina needed to get through some of the drills in my step and bootcamp classes. Here's to aging with grace and vigor!!!

This thread inspired me to buy new panties!

I am 42 and have been wearing Hanes Hi Cuts forever, because they are comfy and show no panty lines. I used to have a couple of nicer ones but never replaced them...

I bought 12 new panties today! Lots of lace, mostly thongs, and a couple of bikinis. I must say, the lace is not as scratchy as it used to be. They are actually comfortable and my butt looks so much better in a lacy black thong than in granny panties.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Edited to add: I am wearing glasses all the time because I have a lazy eye.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.