XTrain Packaging question

hoffmasa

Cathlete
I've read that there will be an option with or without the cycle workout.

question 1
Is it possible for SNM to offer a package that includes the 9 workout DVD's along with a cycle digital download (instead of cycle DVD)? I still prefer my dvd player for my at home workouts. However, I do not have a spin bike at home and would like to have the digital download to take to the gym.

question 2
Forgive my lack of technical knowledge. If you purchase ALL workouts as digital downloads, can you transfer them to a DVD disc and play them through your dvd player?

Thanks,
sharon

Question 1: Good question, hope SNM answers it for you.

Question 2:
If you purchase downloads, the intentions of SNM are probably to keep them that way unless you need to back them up. And you can always back up to an EHD (external hard drive) and not necessarily DVDs.

Ethically, you are not supposed to convert downloads to DVD, but technically, yes, you can sometimes do it with special software (usually $40 + for most PCs and Macs). It all depends if you want to spend the money and time doing it. And even if you end up buying "special software," there is no guarantee that it will work successfully with converting Cathe's downloads to DVD.

Legitimacy is best, IMO.

I've read that there will be an option with or without the cycle workout.

question 1
Is it possible for SNM to offer a package that includes the 9 workout DVD's along with a cycle digital download (instead of cycle DVD)? I still prefer my dvd player for my at home workouts. However, I do not have a spin bike at home and would like to have the digital download to take to the gym.

question 2
Forgive my lack of technical knowledge. If you purchase ALL workouts as digital downloads, can you transfer them to a DVD disc and play them through your dvd player?

Thanks,
sharon

As for question 1, it would be too confusing for us and for customers to offer a package that included just the Ride video as a DVD or Download along with the other DVDs. Your best bet in this case is to just order the DVD 9 pack for the pre-sale and then order the Ride video as a download when it comes out. We're going to offer only four Download options:

1. All 9 Downloads (does not include Ride)
2. All 10 Downloads (Includes Ride)
3. All 9 DVDs and Downloads (does not include Ride)
4. All 10 DVDs and Downloads (Includes Ride)

As for question 2: Our Downloads are not designed to be burned and converted to a DVD format. If you did this you would probably lose all of the chaptering and you would not have the premixes that are included on the DVD. Quality will also suffer to some extent as you will have to go from an m4v file format to mpeg2. This is not something we support or allow to be done with our downloads (except for backup purposes).

Last edited:
Sharon, if you are just looking to view the downloads on your TV, rather than needing a DVD, I do this using my Apple TV. It works great, you get the chaptering and everything. Plus, when I want to take Cycle Max to the gym, I put the download on my iPad. I don't have any of the Cathe DVDs to compare to, but I've been really happy with the downloads.

Sharon, if you are just looking to view the downloads on your TV, rather than needing a DVD, I do this using my Apple TV. It works great, you get the chaptering and everything. Plus, when I want to take Cycle Max to the gym, I put the download on my iPad. I don't have any of the Cathe DVDs to compare to, but I've been really happy with the downloads.

VeggieGal,
Thanks for that information. I do not have Apple TV. I'm actually not sure what it is. Is there another option that you are aware of?

If you an iPod or and iPhone or Android phone you can purchase a cable that you can then connect to your TV. We have tutorials on this on our Cathedownloads site.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.