XTrain length question

LadyLep

Cathlete
I seem to remember reading somewhere that all these DVDs might be on the shorter side? Meaning no more than an hour? I'm interested but length is an issue as I have 4 boys ages 1-11 and homeschool so I am limited on time. I also wonder how effective it could be if I were to split the workouts in half, half in the morning and half in the evening? I have about 10 stubborn pounds to lose and not much time. For a while I was doing Cathe workouts 3 cardio/week and 2 strength training/week. But typically I would do premixes from 30-60 min.

And unfortunately, I have walking pneumonia at the moment but hope to get back to Cathe's workouts by next week.

So does anyone know the length of the workouts? Also, could I use my elliptical for the Ride workout? Or is that just ridiculous?

Thanks,
Allison

A week or so ago, the times for a few of the edited (preliminary) strength workouts were posted...I think they were around 45 or 50 minutes, although somebody may have a better memory than me. It might also be on the xtrain blog (the link to the blog was recently posted here and should e in the last ten or so posts). I think there is a concerted effort to keep the workouts under an hour, although like all of Cathe's workouts, there will undoubtedly be lots of premises to help those of us with less time as well as those of us who want an even longer workout. I really appreciate that Cathe works to accommodate all of us!

Hope that helps!

XTrain lengths

I couldn't find it "tinkering" around on cathe's site. But when I did a google search, I found it on her blog. Thanks! Now if I can justify the $!! They look great!

Allison

Xtrain Legs

Cathe posted this on Facebook this evening. I hope it is OK to copy it here.

XTrain Legs is a low impact lower body routine that is broken into three regular sections and one Bonus Barre segment. This workout also features seven premixes with several of the workouts featuring the extra Bonus leg footage. This workout will also feature a Bonus Rear Delts section with a total time of 13;35 that is also included in some of the Premixes or it can be done separately.
The format for the XTrain Legs workout is as follows:

Warm-up 5:30, standing Legs - 18:36, ball & chair - 9:38, floor - 12:16, stretch- 5:42 (Total Time = 40 mins)

Here are the Premixes for this video:

1. Warm-up 5:30, standing Legs - 18:36, floor - 12:16, stretch- 5:42 (Total Time = 43 mins)
2. Warm-up 5:30, Barre- 15:25, ball & chair - 9:38, floor - 12:16, stretch- 5:42 (Total Time = 48 mins)
3. Warm-up 5:30, standing Legs - 18:36, ball & chair - 9:38, stretch- 5:42 (Total Time = 39 mins)
4. Warm-up 5:30, standing Legs - 18:36, stretch- 5:42 (Total Time = 30 mins)
5. Warm-up 5:30, standing Legs - 18:36, Barre- 15:25, ball & chair - 9:38, floor - 12:16, stretch- 5:42 (Total Time = 67 mins)
6. Warm-up 5:30, standing Legs - 18:36, delts- 13:35, stretch- 5:42 (Total Time = 44 mins)
7. Warm-up 5:30, standing Legs - 18:36, ball & chair - 9:38, floor - 12:16, delts- 13:35, stretch- 5:42 (Total Time = 54 mins)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.