Xers.....Wedge it Wednesday......

blkblt

Cathlete
Well hello ladies from America,
Today is Phase 2, Week 2, Day 5: L&B + ArX (which I won't substitute)

What a mix-up yesterday. But when I was thinking about it later there was no post when I started it. Tracy simply beat me to it. We must have been writing it at the same time, but I was blabbing for too long and well.... she was done before I was...lol:D
Well guess what girls, I ended up doing .....NOTHING.... yesterday. I am so ashamedx( First time in 6 weeks. YUK.....Well Christiane pick yoursel up and BRING IT }( }( }( Today no going out, no errands, just do what you got to do.

Some personals...

Debra~~ In response to Monday's questions.... I don't mind that you get personal... I'll tell you when you are getting TOO personal....lol;-) The temps here are like Seattle, not too cold but lot's of gray skies and rain, wayyyyy to much rain... get's depressing sometime. The official language is Luxemburgish, which is a combination of French, German and Flemmish, as they are the countries surrounding Luxembourg. Since I speak French no problems, and with the German I am learning, I can pick-up a lot of what they say in their native language. We have been here for a little over a year and plan on saying here for 2-3 more years. By then DH might consider retiring (Yep! we're that old...lol:D ) So you ended up not doing MM yesterday... I have to check this Eoin guy you are all talking about. Hope your studies go well. Although not the same, I try to study and work on my German everyday.

Jeanette~~ I am glad your dentist appointment went well. I also have to schedule my cleaning the next time I'm in the US. I kept both my doctor and dentist since we are going back so often. DH even wanted me to accompany him again this weekend for another 4 days back in the US, but I'll pass...not because I don't want to be with him... it's just too much...:p

Teddygirl~~ What is your name if you don't mind me asking? OK so it's out now, no more P90X for a while...feel better... and why not...As Tracy said you have to do something YOU like, what works for you otherwise you won't stick with it... so go for it girl:9 We still love you...:+

TraciX~~ What a mix-up we had yesterday. That's what happens when someone gets up at the wee hours in the AM and I did get up fairly late and read the papers for a while and.... well by the time I got to my computer we kind of doubled up, you beating me...lol:eek: Congratulations on your new client. I meant to ask... is this your own studio or do you work with a large facility? You don't have to answer... just curious...;-)

Laurie~~ I am glad you got your glasses back. Seems like someone is not crazy about her co-worker...:p As for your story with Cami, it brought tender memories. We had a golden named Tiger, just a sweetie. Anyway he just loved to play in the snow, would do the same thing, burry his nose in the snow and just love it. He could never get enough of it. We had to give him away when we moved so our neighboors down the street took him. They had another dog and I know Tiger was very happy there. Sadly he passed away last summer. DD and I were with him the day he died....so sad :( :( :(

Sandra~~ Yep you figured it out; blkblt stands for black belt. Our whole family was involved in Tae-Kwon-Do when we first moved to the US. For their own personal reasons each dropped over the years and I was the only one left, so I decided to go for my black belt, like a personal challenge. Got it at the tender age of 45 :9 As for Phase 3, I guess the pull-chin exercises will depend of where I am; we have no bar here as we have no door frames so I use the Bowflex. Back home the Woody bands should be waiting for me the next time I go, so I'll give them a try... I am glad the meal plan is working well for you. It's so much easier when you have no guessing and as long as you are satisfied, that's all that counts. So cute about the Cathe-Cat... I love it...:+

AmySwift~~ Yes DD lives in Pittsburgh and I am very familiar with Shadyside. When I go visit it's one of our favorite place to hang out, on Maple street...

Lea~~ It's nice to hear from you. I often think of you with your back problems, I guess it gets me because I went through the same as you did. But please..... be so careful and don't come back too soon... not that we don't want you, it's just it can set you "back" so much. Have you tried some Pilates? They are good stretching exercises and you can perform some of them with a band, which mimics strenght movements. That's all DD can do as she cannot build muscles but likes to be "buff" (and she is!!!)

Tracy~~ What is APX? Your next routine sounds like a good mix for the next 3 weeks. I guess at some point I'll have to think post P90X... Is there a life after that...lol;-) As for PlyoX. I felt just fine the day after. Makes me wonder if I did it right. Granted I followed Pam, but I still went deep in my squats and lunges...

Nicole~~ Bless you with all the running around with the kiddos. Brings back tender memories...

Kim~~ I'm with yiu for the half moon. Sometimes I also sub YogaX, escially if I don't have (want) 1-1/2 hour to spend with him or don't feel (want) so many vinyasas...Yes I do speak French. And the German is really coming along. My next one will be Italian. I went to Rome with DD last summer and just love the way they speak... so passionately.:) :)

Weel off to L&B and ARX. No subs. See you later.

Hi all,

Today is CS a short yoga and I'm going to try to take the dog for a walk. It doesn't feel like it's as cold today. I'm craving some cardio:)LM didn't really cut it as cardio, but it's still a good workout.

Christiane - When starting things off, sometimes it works just to put a line or two and then reply with another longer post. I learned that the hard way because sometimes Traci is up early, like 3 yesterday, but it really doesn't matter if there are two posts. I am surprised that you can tolerate ARX. There is no way I can do that with my back.

Lea - I did magically hips probably 3-5 days per week and then added in some of the others. Of course, I made modifications that were right for me and it was quite some time before I would do a forward bend with straight legs. The one thing I would do different is to balance magically hips with more back bends because it is a little backside heavy. I did walk. I think current research is suggesting that movement is better. That's what I read and the PT at school said the same thing. I admit, sometimes it was not very pleasant. I also focused on upper body strength training and never lifted anything over 15# over my head. I wore the back brace too and iced my back regularly. If you want to know more particulars email me and I'll explain.

Sandra - I can't wait to hear your opinions about the +. I always seem to have an opinion about stuff too. Speaking of opinions, how is that DR coming?

Hi to all who follow. Happy Wednesday.

Tracy

Hi all!! Hope everyone is having a glorious morning. All the schools in the area are running on a 2 hour delay...except for DD's...which is good since it is a pain for me to have her late, but still need to get to my class. My DOMS from MM are slowly starting to fade...and I must do legs today. I am planning on BG...UGH. Although it is my favorite of all the leg workouts...it still takes a lot for me to get motivated to do it.

Have a great morning...and I will bbl to check on you guys!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Good Morning X team!!
CAROL’s blog hasn’t been updated since January 17th(week 7)… Where’s our Carol?? Last I think we saw her was the day after her birthday! Hmmmmmmmmmmm Wendys saving babies, Cheryl left us but I haven’t “seen” her at her old check in either….Amy(Florida) is doing monthly fly-bys… Is everyone else accounted for???? I do worry when people simply disappear… DH says that’s how life on the internet is….He thinks the rest of us are the unique web people- I think I’ll take that as a compliment! ;-)

Good Heavens yesterday is a brain whirl!
Never even got to “pretending” I was going to workout…. Got caught in a major traffic jam that took me many miles & hundreds of detoured cars to get out of…. They were moving a semi trailer that was as long a city block across the freeway access streets… It was carrying those humungous sizes cement “pipes)” that go underground… The truck looked to the eye as if it were stopped but it was moving INCHES in minutes….. What genius had THAT idea?
ANYWAY…. I had 2 clients in the afternoon/PM so that was my day as I took all morning w/ the new client…. Wendell worked Legs, Bi, Tri last night so I worked my legs along side him & Holly worked butt & bi, tri so I worked my butt along side her…. Got at least enough in that I creaked getting out of bed today.

Today is my “day off” from work but I really don’t know if I can handle another 90 minute workout (4DS Fullbody)…. The thought of 90 minutes of the same thing may put me over the edge…Plus my body is truly tired today for some reason…I’m in week 2 of the endurance stuff- could it really be getting to me already? ~~ Anyhoo…. I have to do full body but it doesn’t have to be THAT one! I’ll re-think.

TRACY X:::
You crack me up w/ the LoMax not enough cardio! ~~ Big w/out day planned for you today… I may pull out X+ All Upper(havent done it yet) and then do 4DS or L&G for lower…No law says I have to do all 1 DVD for both segments right?! LOL ~~ Have a great afternoon – hope your day FLYS by!

SANDRA X:::
I can hardly wrap my brain around the fact you are already almost an XX’er! I must get the trophy ordered today!!! Didn’t you start just a week before I had? Sure seems like you are further along than I was !!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!! WOOHOO girl on the eating plan success!!!!!!! That’s just FABULOUS! Results are what its all about!

DEBRA X::::
HAPPY SCHOOL DAY!!!!! I see you shall have the roads to yourself this morning!!! Hope you have a ball in class & learn lots & lots!! ~~~ LOL on leg motivation…there is none for all of us that don’t like it- that doesn’t mean you wont see results tho! Even seeing my legs in the best shape EVER a few months ago didn’t keep me working them hard… every 6 weeks I gotta stop & enjoy them! ;-)!

CHRISTIANE::
OY!!!!!!! You took an unplanned rest day in the SIXTH week????? OH NO!!!!!!!!!! ROF! You silly woman! That’s perfectly fine! Your mind/body simply must take a little break when it needs it! Few have actually done P90X – TRUST ME! Its more like P96-105X. You’ll crank it out today! ~~~~ I do Training “at home”…sometimes that means I’m a traveling trainer & @ times I have clients to my home workout area. We have a community gym that is 2 blocks from my house so we can always use that if I feel the need to hit the gym (never have tho!) we also live in a golf community so the golf courses (3 different 18 hole ones) are great for hill walking and intervals if a clients needs/wants to get outdoors. I have had some sort of self employed status since I left the corporate world many many years ago…. I have had to take part-time “real” jobs to supplement when I was single but *knock on wood* not since (6 yrs). I have no desire to be a millionaire or work 5-6 days a weeks so I pretty much allow the business to unfold @ its own pace…I advertise in 2 local magazines but I don’t network or promote in any other fashion.~~ PLEEEZE dont think 2ce about double post! My heavens!! Sometimes I have to actually "wait" to post as Jeanette is posting at 11pm on West Coast! I'm already up for the day! LOL.....Just ask Tracy & I- there is no paycheck x( that comes each month for being the day starter! Thats why we dont fight about it! :7 :7 ~ I do what Trac does... Just a quickie MORNIN' ALL and then I go back & edit it or just reply to myself! NEVER WORRY about that!!! (well- only if it burns extra calories!) ;-)

OK guys I have sucked every last ounce of java from my cup so that means yesterdays reading has to wait a few minutes more!!! Coming right back! :7 :*

Slow & Heavy/week 1/Day 3
Workout: Butts & Guts (leg blasts) + floor work & coremax

Good Morning,

How’s everyone this beautiful morning, me......I’m good. Can you believe January is coming to an end, duh....time is flying someone slow it down a bit. Heck I will be 52 years old come September……EEK:) :)

Anywho, life is a blast!:) My workout was sooooo peaceful and relaxing this morning. I love doing B&G even did extra, like firewalkers and walking lunges and something else… DUDE!! got me good.

Christiane: You are a sweetheart, always so pleasant you fit in well:) Me :+ name is LaTrese most of my friends and family call me Trese. Funny you should say that about being happy, I AM ME swears:+ I don’t like to be controlled or have my workouts pre-planned by someone, it stresses me out, big time. I feel like the commercial I’m Free To Do What I Want Any Ole Time” lol When I tell my guy that he gets upset, NOT TO BE CONTROLLED. Enjoy your workout today

Back later off to read yesterday’s posts

Good Morning X team!!
Forgot to tell ya…. Wendell @ an all day Microsft meeting yesterday… He comes in last night with a brand new “XBOX”. We cracked up because out of all the computer geeks in this world DH & I could care less about the stiff! We aren’t even TOTALLY clear on hat it is! All we know is they are expensive & were a hot Xmas item last year (I suppose like the WII?) ANYWAY…. I told him I didn’t have time to watch my favorite TiVo’d shows so just take it to his office & play away with the boys. They work sooooo hard there…They have a ping pong table & dart board! LOLOLOL … Dh SWEARS its what he uses for team building activities! Yeah, right

Back to personals….. then laundry pile MUST be dealt with before I select some workouts!

TEDDYGIRL:::
Thanks for good business vibes. *kissy* I am pleased with the business overall & am enjoying about no stress on having to build it to a certain level. ~ As you read by all your posts yesterday not a single one of us consider you “bad” for not completing X. You are so buff & in such great shape that honestly I’m not sure what 12 weeks of X could really do for you…but STS…Now that’s a different story! ;-) ~~ What a talker you are this morning!!!! LOL ~~GF I only HOPE to be going @ your pace when I hit 52!!! ~ LOVE the B&G PLUS! I think your energy is contagious!!

LAURIE XX:::
Gosh you’re almost an XXX’er!!! WOW! That really is amazing! Not so much the actual status but the fact that you have that kind of mental discipline. AMAZING! I’m sure Cami gets her laser focus from mom! ROF on the glasses! & laughing HARDER at you using profanity! I do believe that is a first! ~ Yes- the 3 w/o compilation DVD is exactly what I saw on DVD… I don’t think I’m into yoga enough to rationalize the purchase… I still need to see if my player just needs cleaning…

SANDRA X:: AKA: Cathe Cat! :
LOL- No No No Interval X+ isn’t tough at all! I have such a low cardio capacity tho that it was hard for ME! ROF- You’ll probably not break a sweat! ROF ~~ WOOHOO on the new arrivals btw!!! That’s always a happy sight- I LOVE UPS!!!! It was YOUR psot that actually made me think of doing X+ Upper today as it hasn’t been done yet! I cant have you reviewing something I haven’t done can I????

SWIFT AMY XX:::
Always so good to hear your life updates! What's the estimated date of ACE exam? Is DH still studying along side you too????

LEA X::
Oh sweets! I’m happy to hear your Dr wants more yoga in your life! At least that’s something to get your juices flowing each day… Honestly- the DO Not Do Anything diagnosis is so depressing! You just stretch & flex to your hearts content- be careful & stay aware tho. ~~ LOL- You had me craving Mexican Food all day yesterday! Its our favorite date night meal…. I SO want to go out tonight but the cold rain puts a damper on that @ times.

DEBRA X::::
Actually you DID have a busy day yesterday!!! I think you are way too hard on yourself…. Remember that its NOT a good thing to be in constant frenzied state…just because the world says to be like that doesn’t make it healthy at all. You seem to have a nice balance. ~~ When do you head back to the attorney? Anything she can do about the nasty XDH demands??? ~~ I buckled and re-signed up for NetFlix… At least we can watch movies at the bay… I think my first movie is We Are Marshall…. That way DH will enjoy too.

TRACY X:::
Glad you did APX Legs!!! Somehow I think it was A LOT easier for you than me last week! You just gotta show me up don't ya??? *mwah* ~ Thanks for posting rotation… It looks “lite” on legs for you (not me, but you!) … Also on your upper work…. Is there a reason (like yoga ;-)) that all your upper work is in first 3 days of week? – (Both splits + KB) You KNOW I’m just curious & not saying its “bad” I like to know how your mind thinks as I respect your rotations a lot….

NICOLE X :::
Glad you popped in…. maybe in February your life will be less harried! You NEED your Xer time! *stomps foot*

KIM:::
Kudos on pushing play on YogaX! You are a better woman than I!!!! ~ LOL on CS…. Depending on your core strength it actually may not be too killer at all for ya. I think the challenge comes in from a weaker core + the added cardio aspect of it… It EXHAUSTS ME! LOL ~~ I posted to Christiane all about my workout “space” so I wont bore you to tears with it again…. Actually DH had 3 session his first week – so far we are on target for 2 this week….just because of both our schedules- since he’s a non-paying client he takes Low Man on Totem Pole status! ~~ Bundle up! It sounds miserable cold in your parts!!!

JEANETTE X :::
Its always good to hear your zest for work…. I have to admit that while I was actually single & totally focused on the career I LOVED working. I was never one of those many Americans that hated their boss, work etc…. I enjoyed every second of my 60 Hr work weeks for 20 years! !!! ROF on your dad thinking YOU would lead mom astray! That’s priceless! Maybe you should buy her a Harley Leather Jacket this year! I have 3 in person clients (counting DH) and my internet people are done…. The prep time is what keeps me feeling like I work 25-30 hrs a week. Everythings personalized so it takes a bit of time.

Time to deal w/ the laundry & make an all natural glass of Veggie Juice.... Hugs to ALL!!!

Good morning,

Is it Wedge as in a golf wedge or the other kind of wedgie? Today was Supersets and I enjoyed it. Love the music in it and the variety. My shoulders are burning nicely right now. Those concentration curls for biceps always get me. Cathe does 12# and I have to use 10#. They burn my biceps big time. Have the Garage Boys after work today.

Christiane, don't feel bad at all about a rest day, you may actually feel stronger when you work out today. Hey, rest is good. Our bodies tell us when we are just not up to it. Bet you get a good one in today. I can certainly understand not making the trip to the States for just 4 days. Heck, I don't even like driving down to So. California if I only have 4 days to spend. Sorry about the gloomy rain. DH had a chance to move to Washington state about 5 years ago. No way did I want to have to ride horses, bike, all that stuff in so much rain. Now eastern Washington would have been a different story.

Tracy, hope you get the dog walk in today. So Lomax isn't much of a cardio workout for you? I really sweat in that one, but I think it's from the legwork and not moving all the time around the bench (air circulation).

Debra, my favorite is Butts & Guts too. During Supersets leg work today, I really tried to concentrate on my form and feeling the burn (going lower in the squat/lunge). After another week or more of circuits, I will concentrate on legs. Is your rotation leg work focused? I need to look back and see what Traci made up for you.

Traci, so sorry about the traffic jam. I always wonder what would I do if I had to go to the bathroom really bad and got caught in a situation like that. Glad Wendell is back on the exercise wagon. Hope his DOMS are gone. Bet you are not the norm when it comes to prepping for clients. You go way above and beyond and I hope they appreciate their PT. Thanks for the reminder on the veggie juice. I have some low sodium V8 that I need to crack open.

Latrese, you sound so happy today! Glad you are back doing what you want. Some things just don't click and I say do something that does. You know what you want out of exercise and can push yourself. I'm sure you will get great results.

Got to go,

Jeanette

Tracie: Thank you :) You are so kind to say that, really, luv you woman. You know what Trac, before God sent us to this earth, to fullfill his divine purpose, I believe we must have been VERY close friends in heaven, I can see us now, sitting under the stars chatting about them crazy humans………can you get with that? ;-) I’m really excited about doing S&H series I get MUCH gain from it. Today my triceps are so sore, altho, I'm not feeling much soreness in my biceps hm......strange! I can’t wait to push play tomorrow.

Well TeddyG...Ya know what THAT means..... Its time to INCREASE wts on biceps again!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: You luv SH more than anyone I know! Tell me- do ya ever get crazy w/ the count? Do you sing thru it or what??? :7 Yes indeed-y we are soul sisters! I knew that 2 years ago when we "met".... :* I think we were too rowdy for heaven tho - so they made us come back!!;-)

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 2/Week 4/Day 7
Workout: Total Body Stretching (all three segments)

Tomorrow starts my recovery week, and I didn't feel like doing StretchX this morning. A little Cathe was just what the body needed. :D

Christiane, I have taken so many days off on this round that I think I'm getting toward the 100's. :D Sometimes our bodies need a break. Sounds like Tiger was a great dog, this dog is our second one. Took us about 5 years to decide to adopt Cami, and she has been a great addition to our family. I think that she just loves all the hugs and kisses the girls give her everyday. Oh wait, so do I. :D :D I'm a recent convert to Eion, and really like the workouts.

Tracy, Saw your rotation, and it looks great! I love how you put the add-on of not doing floorwork. I'm with you on that one too! We had a cold one this morning for our walk, but the moon was so brite that it was leaving shadows. I really enjoy my walks with the dog.

Debra, On the KM workout, I actually did the bootcamp premix. So I didn't do the leg drills either. :+ Didn't really have enough time, since I only have 60 min to workout in the mornings. I think the lady at work is just not a people person. Her reaction to things is always defensive. Most of the people I work with tippy toe around her, because they don't know what her mood is going to be on a given day. I have to go talk to her again this morning, and I'm avoiding it. Good luck on your test today!

Traci, We have had traffic jams for incidents like that too, they usually announce them on the radio so people know to stay away from that area. I managed to avoid a jam up this morning, and was so happy that I wasn't late for work. I was wondering if you would be in the mood for that long workout! I like your current idea much better. Let us know how the X+Upper is. I think the XBox will probably be used quite a bit at the office. :D Maybe my boss will get a great idea like that, and get a Wii. :D My discipline comes from the fact that I need to be told what to do, or I wouldn't workout at all. :7

TG, I'm glad that you are back doing the workouts that you enjoy. I am thinking of getting B&G into my rotation. I'm like Debra, I like it but dread doing it. The Imax workouts are the same way for me too. :D

Jeanette, I'm really going to try to get pics this time of the dress making process. That is one thing that DH and I really are bad at. Oldest DD wants a digital camera for her b'day, so maybe we should make her the designated picture taker.

Sandra, Glad you finally received your shippment. When I ordered P90X, I never received a shipping notice. One day it was in my mailbox. Yes KS has a workout called Aerobox, and it is a tough workout. The instructor on it is Michael Olajide. At the end of the workout is a 15 min jr routine. It is a tough workout even without using a jr. :D Oh I just love Cathe Cat!! Guess that will me you name from now on.

Swifty, Glad you are able to check in with us when you can. I didn't get any pics of my niece, but I'm sure I will when she has her b'day. That is the reason for the cowgirl outfit. My sister and her DH are getting her a spring horse, so she needed the outfit to ride her new horse. :D

Lea, Oh I think the back is just a ruse so you can enjoy that Eion. :D Kidding!!!! Or maybe not!! He is coming out with a new DVD, so just more of him to enjoy. :D

Nicole, I hope the b'day dinner for your DS was a great time. Sounds like your day was a busy one.

Kim, I like how you described YogaX. I have now gotten to the point that I am not able to incorporate it into the day. :D I only have 60 min. after all. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Back very quickly for fast hello...I almost typed 'help' instead of hello...LOL! It's not that bad yet! I ended up not having my test today...the teacher thinks it will be Friday...We have had a lot of absences because of weather (WTH?) and the first chapter is going pretty slow. I will obviously be very prepared sice I have studied for the test twice now, and I am sure I will again on Thursday night! I did make it to the grocery store after class which is a good thing since CB is coming over for dinner tonight and to watch the Carolina game....Go Heels!!!! Let's see...there were a couple of quick questions I was going to answer...Oh yeah...

Question 1...
The best airport for you guys to fly into for the Xer retreat is Greensboro, NC. It is only 15 minutes from my house and no problem to pick anyone up at any time....so any of you who are thinking of coming in early or staying late, this would be your first option. There are also 2 other airports in NC...Raleigh and Charlotte...both are about an hour and a half away from me...so if you fly into one of those, you will have to rent a car to get to my house...I am just guessing that I won't have time to shuttle people back and forth to those airports. If you want to coordinate some arrival times with each other at one of those airports then some folks could share a rental car. If no one ends up renting a car, we should still be fine with transportation since Tracy will be driving down from VA, and I have 2 cars here (since XDH's is still in residence). Any more questions, just let me know. We are still planning on the first weekend in April as far as I know....I would appreciate a tentative head count in the next few weeks, just so that I can start making a few resevations (dinner, massages, etc). Also, Tracy, let me know if you have any blow up mattresses that you could possibly bring down.

Question 2
I have an appointment with my attorney this afternoon to go over XDH's response to my separation agreement. If you all remember, he is being a bit of an a**....to put it mildly. I am very apprehensive about what my attorney is going to say. But I will let you guys know what happens. My mom called this morning with a pep talk not to back down from anything I asked for and to just call XDH's bluff...but he can be VERY vengeful and I am scared of the consequences. I am going to try and relax for a couple of hours...maybe take a nap..so I can just avoid the problem until I actually get to the attorney's office. There is nothing I can do about it but worry until then anyway. I have already cried and gotten mad, so there is nothing left to do but see what my options are...and what advice she has.

I am hoping to be back for personals this afternoon with my BG workout complete and dinner on cooking...if for some reason I don't make it back today, I will see you all tomorrow...since it will be my housecleaning day and I am sure I will need lots of breaks!!

Kisses to all! And thank you for all of your support. I don't know what I would do without you guys!

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Laurie: Hm....I’m the opposite, when I’m about too do either workouts, man oh man, I AM pumped, I love B&G and both Imax one and two are my all time fav, just the thought of doing them makes me smile.

Jeanette: Thank you! Sound like you got them arms REAAALLLLLL GOODDDDDDD Nice work:) :)

Tracie: Me blushing:) ;-) :) :) ;)

Classic/ Week 10/ Day 3/ Back & Biceps; ARX (+30 mins yoga)

Good morning!!!

I started off my workout today with a quickie with Eion. What is it about his yoga that has us all under his spell? I just loved the half hour we spent together this morning. BB and ARX were fine, as usual. I like how CST and BB don't repeat any specific exercises, but move on. They seem to go by quicker than CB and SA. I did boring old ARX yet again. After I previewed the new Core/abs+ yesterday I thought there was no way I could add all that bar work to the end of BB. I don't have that much monkey in me. I was thrilled when I finished ARX to notice a very faint line down the middle of my abdomen. I had to stand in just the right light, at just the right angle, but it was there! Makes me think I should have started following the Phase 3 eating plan right from Day 1. Oh well, live and learn.

I'm going to backtrack to yesterday and catch up with the going-ons around here.

Laurie....So I'm not the only one underwhelmed by O12. Good to know! I think I'll try and watch it again, though, given what Debra had to say about it. So someone found your glasses and didn't tell you about it?? Is it too late to cancel the new ones? Kickmax yesterday! Excellent work! That blast makes you feel awesome when you're done; kind of like how it feels when you stop hitting yourself over the head with a hammer :D Eeeerrrr, KS has a workout where she isn't the instructor? Is she a producer or something now? Frankly, if she's not in it, I might be interested in buying it LOL! Tell me more, please.

Swift Amy....It's great to see you join us when you can! We're all rooting for you to get through that ACE course.

Lea....It's great that the chiro was able to give you some relief. A prescription for Eion? Sounds like a great plan! You'll definitely want to pick up his new PY4H2 dvd that should be in stock soon. I know Amazon's taking preorders.

Debra....What kind of a household do you run that everyone feels the need to nap all the time? I hope your pooch is all caught up and refreshed today. I liked P&S yoga for the fact that there are so few vinyasas. It's nice to have a less intense session some times. Your X-delivery vibes did the trick, because I received the workouts yesterday. Thank you! In return, I'm sending you good exam vibes, in case you have your test today.

Tracy....I'm looking at your planned rotation and wondering where's this "less cardio" you're talking about? LOL. There seems to be plenty in there. I'm sure you'll continue to see good things happening to the lower body with this rotation, as well as challenge the upper body with the P90X workouts. This post is getting long, so I'll come back later with a specific one about the new Plus workouts.

Nicole....Awww, your baby is 3! I'll bet those three years went by fast.

Kim....Believe it or not, I found after doing YogaX every time it came up in the rotation, I got much better with those half moons. They're still the toughest part of the workout, for me, but they don't kill me like they used to. Keep at it. I'm thrilled someone else is sticking with YogaX; it's not fun yoga, but it's effective. Mentally I break it up into: warm up (first 20 mins); harder (next 15 mins); hardest (next 15 mins); easier standing balance postures (next 15 mins); floor enjoyable stretching (last 30 mins). There are people here who swear they can't live without air conditioning, but they must have been born here. Coming from hot, humid SW Ontario, the dry heat of the summers here don't feel too bad. We did have a couple of hotter than average summers recently, so perhaps you were here then. Hey, do you think you'll ever come back? Can we meet up and play some time?

Jeanette....I hope I can some day say that I love my job. That's my goal, anyway, to find a paying gig doing something I enjoy. Those pregnant tops you used to make are back in style now. Great! Just when I develop a core I want to show off....My DH is in contractor sales for a hardwood floor company. It's a retail store for hardwood flooring that sells to homeowners and other small-fry, but he's the one who sells to and maintains relationships with building companies. Working in the building/construction industry is very stressful. It requires great organization and planning, yet is male dominated, which means no one is organized or using much forethought. That was a funny comment you made about DH and the heater. I thought so, anyway :) I love SuperSets, and yes, the bicep work in that one is tough! Say hello to the Garage Boys from the Xer Girls! Don't we all sound like the trashy bunch? LOL!!

Christiane....No harm done by the double posts yesterday. It happens all the time. Usually the first person to post will keep it short and sweet to avoid a double post, then come back with a longer post. My goodness, you're hard on yourself!! Missing a workout isn't cause for shame! You're obviously very committed to your workouts and your health; one day of disruption does not negate that fact. If you were too fatigued to do the workout, then good on you for listening to your body. If you got too busy with other things, well that happens to all of us at times. Figure out what you might have done differently, then do that next time. If there was just no way you could have anticipated the interference, then accept that life is not as predictable as a rotation written on paper would have you believe. Like Jeanette's said many times, she would rather her family and friends remember her for being involved in their lives rather than as someone who would prefer to work her triceps.

Traci....Maybe Carol lost interest in us when her best P90X bud went to Thailand? OMG!!!!! Sitting in that traffic jam, watching the truck creeeeeeep across the street would have sent me into a state of claustraphobia. I have a really hard time with things like that. Unpredictable, you don't know when it's going to end, and you can't go anywhere. You might not have gotten your own workout in yesterday, but it sounds like you still worked! You've chosen some very long full body workouts for this week. I'm sure your fatigue is a result of all that work. You're going to do Upper+ today? Good luck with that LOL!! That looks hard! But as I said to Traci above, I'll post my thoughts on these new workouts in a later post. I'm half-way through Week 10, and don't intend to do Week 13, so I guess you could say I'm 2 1/2 weeks from the end. It's been time well spent, I think. Oh, don't open the XBox!! Sell it on EBay!! Buy new workouts or equipment with the money!

Teddygirl....Have fun with the SH series! BG is fun too, isn't it? You did the floorwork? Yowsa!

Okay, I've got to do something other than type. The more I sit here, the longer DD remains glued to the tv. I'll BBL to chat more.

Have a great day!
Cathe Cat (the Xer formerly known as Sandra ;) )

Good afternoon gorgeous ladies! Wowee! I see Xers, XXers XXXers are in the home stretch. Keep going!

Has anyone else experienced missed/abbreviated TTOM? Wanted to mention since I stopped X in 2007, my TOM is back like clockwork. Hmmmmm.

Those of you with P90X+ give your opinion on the music please. Don't recall seeing any posts on the music. Doesn't BB have it specially created for the wo's? I popped in X-stretch this AM and immediately fall in love with the set and music. I love P90X. I hope STS is some how similar in set and music and that Cathe is more "like a personal trainer" friendly/drill sargeant-like. I can't wait for STS!

Anywho- I want to mention the ACE study is blooming ever so slowly. I have been waking at 4A . (My mind clutters easily once I've worked out, eaten, gotten everyone off to their places, etc.)

I dream a person would show up at my door, invite themself in and begin lecturing and showing me the ropes.

My mentor suggested, the ACE manual as the only study material we would need. I'm rethinking this, as I have no formal education in Physical Science, etc. and wonder if study guide, DVD, etc. would enable me to learn more at a greater rate of speed. I'll be asking more questions of her, people at ACE and other CPT's at the Y.

Overall I'm loving the material and interests me greatly. :7 DH is studying along, he's ahead of me. He is continuing to help out around the house too. Slow and steady we go. We'll get there.:p

DH will be turning the big "40" in Feb. I would like to do something special. Any suggestions without a big price tag would be appreciated.

A few quick personals .

Lea> clean eating surely will leave you feeling lighter and stronger. :) Glad you are feeling some better and fit time for yoga.

Debra>Have fun with B&G! What type of hiking boots did you buy?

Jeanette>I so happy you love your job-I'm envious;) DH and I considered moving to coastal OR when first married. Went out to look for a place to live and realized we couldn't afford it. It all worked out in the end though. We like W PA. The hills give plenty of challenge to bike rides.;-) I haven't gotten on the rollers yet. Enjoy your spin with the GB's!

Sandra>Nice job on dropping the #'s. Last time I counted calories lasted 1 week. I have very little willpower with food.;( Summertime usually takes off 4 pounds naturally. With mowing, biking, etc. Yahoo your new X+ has arrived! How will you do your hanging work?

Tracy>No study materials (see above). Are you still considering ACE? What a great rotation plan. I must work on one for myself. I'm doing better on saying no to the sweets. What a relief to myself and family. I become a b^&*tch when I eat too much bad food.:-(

Traci>Sorry about the traffic jam. Yikes! Do you talk on the phone, listen to music, or (like me) gets upset and wants to pull over and let it all pass? I have such little patience. :) Wendell is letting you work him out. :) My Dad had a dear dear friend by the name Wendell, hence it became my brother's middle name. It's an unusual name isn't it? I do like names with W sounds. DD's name is Willow. Unusual but we like it. ;-) Have a great wo.

Latrese>is it snowy, cold, sunny in OH today? Having temps in the high 20's today in W PA. We aren't that far from each other you know. Your wo's rock! And you look FINE, fine for your age.:) I'm looking forward to my 50's. :7 Keep updating on the dreds. I loved your pics btw. Wish I could do something with my curly hair. Although I could be bald soon, as it seems to fall out everywhere.x( Then I won't have to worry.

Christianne>Next time your in the area we could try to reach each other huh? You mentioned Maple street. Did you mean to say Walnut Street? Ahhh, they are both trees. Not to worry!:7 You are so talented and smart to speak 3 languages. How interesting!

I have to run to get something in the mail and continue with my busy day. I have a turkey burger recipe to share too.

Have a great day all!:+

This definitely livens up ground turkey. Excellent taste!

Lemon Turkey Burgers
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 c fine onion
3 T parsley (fresh if have)
2 T lemon juice
1 T grated lemon peel
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp caraway seeds crushed (I omit)
1 tsp salt (opt)
1/2 tsp pepper
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 T olive oil

6 whole wheat buns
lettuce & tomato

Mix first 9 ingrediates. Crumble turkey over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 6 patties. In skillet cook over medium heat with oil until no longer pink.

268 calories, 11 g fat (3g saturated) 95 mg cholesterol 24 g carb, 4 g fiber 18 g protein

:p

I just spent an entire hour previewing and practicing combos 4&5 from Amy's Step Challenge II. That's fun step! Very complicated, but fun moves, too. The kind of moves you don't mind practicing a zillion times, just to learn them. I managed to learn the footwork well enough that I should be able to do a decent job of it tomorrow. When I watched the final section, where they do all 5 combos together, it was pretty impressive. Those women were flying, and I swear no one missed a step. I hope to learn the workout well enough that one day I can fly through with them.

So I've only previewed 2 P90X+ workouts so far, and haven't attempted any of it. Here's some preliminary thoughts/questions:

1. Is the Abs/Core+ workout on Upper+ and IntervalX+ the same workout?

2. I'm presuming that there's core/ab work on the Total Body+ dvd. Is that correct? And can it be done on it's own, or is it intertwined throughout the workout? I would like a sub for ARX, and wonder if this would do the job?

3. How did Tony get away with using the phrase, "Body English", or "putting in the English" during the pull ups in Upper Plus?!!! Did no one understand that this is a derogatory term, based on the premise that the English by nature are cheaters?

4. So something I learned while hearing Tony slander the entire British population was that during all those pull ups in P90X, they were using their body weight somehow to help them get up to the bar. Huh. All along I've been trying to do them the "deadleg" way that he instructs them to do during one set in UB+. I've been making my life harder, apparently.

5. There are a lot fewer sets of pull/chin ups in UB+ than I was anticipating, and the rep counts are lower too. And Tracy cannot do them all unassisted. Yay!! There's hope for me! It also confirms my suspicion that you can indeed get a great back workout without doing alllllll those sets of pull/chin ups in P90X.

6. In the Classic rotation that combines the new and old workouts, the "phase" weeks use P90X+ weight work, but the recovery weeks use the P90X weight work. Have they reconfigured their meaning of "recovery"? It would be a change, yes, but would it allow your muscle fibers to heal properly for the next phase?

7. One of the cardio workouts they suggest in the new rotation is to do "KenpoX+ and/or IntervalX+". For those who have tried these two workouts, does it seem reasonable to do both in one session?

8. All of the weight work in Upper+ are compound moves. No isolation moves, 8-10 reps going on here! I have a feeling these workouts will feel very hard (for me anyway) because of this difference. Lighter weights will also be the way to go, so the smaller joints and muscles used in each movement don't get injured. This seems to be functional-fitness strength training, does it not?

9. I wish Mark would wear the hat all the time; I got a little freaked out by how red his head goes during Core/Abs+.

10. Core/Abs+ doesn't appear to be a good ab workout to stick on after the P90x upper body workouts, because it requires so much back and arm strength. Would you argue otherwise? (ie., convince me to give it a try some time).

11. I think when I finish P90X in a couple weeks, I'll add a fourth phase: the first phase of the Classic+ rotation.

12. I'm trying to figure out how in the heck to approach these very tough-looking workouts. I am completely confident that I cannot do ANY of those moves for the entire time alloted. So, do I just make my goal: do as much as I can, then take a longer rest while I wait for them to finish? Or how should I approach this? I'm scratching my head here.

13. I'll be doing Kenpo Cardio+ this Saturday, in lieu of KenpoX. I'll probably attempt IntervalX next Tuesday. I don't think I can incorporate the weight work. Do you have any ideas? I could always just launch into the first phase of the Classic+ rotation, but shouldn't I be patient and finish up with my 13 weeks?

Look at all I've said, and I still have 3 more workouts to preview!!

Cheers,
Sandra

Where'd ya'll go?

I previewed Kenpo Cardio+. Either Tony's looking old, or they hired a different make up artist. Oh well, he's still Tony! This looks like it could be a fun workout. Tony's form looks rather off in many places. Is he injured? It's as though he's lost flexibility (isn't he doing his yoga?) and cardio conditioning. When he does the shuffle in the very first move, is he trying to be goofy? He looks funny. It's easy to notice all this little stuff when you're just staring at a computer monitor, and not trying to play along. I'm sure I'll barely notice when I actually do it. Anyone else think Tracy should be instructing her own videos? She looks amazing, her form is spot-on, and she looks like she could run circles around these guys.

So, that leaves me with Interval+ and Total Body+ yet to preview. I'm sure I'll be surprised at how much harder these workouts feel when I'm not just sitting on a stability ball the whole time LOL!

Sandra

Hi all...I am sure everyone was concerned that I might actually bag the workout today....but NO! I did the leg blast premix on BG...so there! My legs are exceptionally tired, so I am hoping that CB doesn't want any special acrobatics this evening as I am not sure I can live up to expectations...LOL! Attorney visit went okay, I guess. I will feel a little better when I can look at all she said in hard copy...she is supposed to email tomorrow. Sorry for all of the self involved posts today...but I will have lots of time in between laundry, vacuuming, mopping and cleaning the bathrooms tomorrow to catch up with everyone. I will also be doing yoga...probably tragically hips since I imagine they will feel pretty tragic by tomorrow. I know Traci said I had to do a 'hard' yoga, but I am sure my legs will need the slight break before my circuit workout on Friday.

I do have to mention that Cathe Cat is cracking me up with all the comments on X+!! You are so crazy woman! Tony is looking old, hunh? I though he didn't believe in aging?? Maybe he needs to get a little botox. I was kind of freaked out by the bald guy just on the previews, so I don't know how I am going to like that in person. Thanks for the chuckles, dear! I needed them today.

Kisses...and love to all!
Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Yoga

Well, it's another busy day at the ranch! DS #3 is sick and was up in the middle of the night. He choked on phlem and spit up all over. DH and I had to change him and his bed covers. All the while the two older ones slept away:)

Basketball game again today so it there was no rest for the weary. I just got home and I have to get dinner started.

I talked to my friend who just got married and she sounds very happy. I am going to lunch with her on Friday so I hope to get more pictures and details. In the picture that she sent I definitely think her DH looks 51. She is only 32 so it's a pretty noticeable gap:p

Off to cook and I will catch up tomorrow as there are no games or birthdays:D

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

I don't have much time, but wanted to stop by and say Hi. By the time I got home, walked the dog, did CS, and threw the leftovers out on the island it is late. CS was CS; nothing new and no more reps. Oh well, did my best and I forgot the rest.

I personally was very annoyed with Tony's frequent comments about those silly weights. Is it a workout or a commercial. I personally think he is injured and I didn't really care for the new hair. Then again, I don't look up all that often anyways.

Debra - Somehow I'm sure that if CB wants some acrobatics you could throw in a couple of Drea rolls or something!

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.