Xers ........................Tuesday!!!!!!!!!

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just getting us started. Hoping everyone has a good workout and consumes exactly what they would like to eat, whether it be for fitness, for sanity, or for pleasure!

BBL, going to stretch and then off to work.

Tracy

Morning Gang-

Slept on and off about 12 hours yesterday- The head cold really got me good. Would still be sleeping but dogs got my attention before they got DH's although he was already up and working.
Only got cardio done yesterday as my heartrate went thru the roof and I decided it was not going to be a worthwhile effort to attemp pushups in Chest & Back. Today I'll do what I can with X schedule but it may take me a week or so to get back on track. I said originally that I would take rest days as I needed them so I am honoring that.
Will be back with all the personals but 2 quick ones for:

JEANETTE: GOOD LUCK with TT tonight!! Sent you ALL my extra energy for riding in winds!

Katie: I TOTALLY agree with board... Wait to start until you are in fighting form. The first few weeks can take its toll on your body and if your immune system is already compromised you just will not be able to give it 100%. The last thing you want to do is start - get more run down and have to wait a month to start again. The check-in isnt on a schedule (as I'm sure you can tell) so PLEASE be smart & get healthy.

Ok ladies... Back later in the day with personals- I'm moving at a very slow pace mentally & physically today.

Doubles: PH 1 : Week 2 : Day 2 & 3 (?) : Round 2

:7 :7 Personals First!

:7 Jeanette: WooHoo on furniture! I LOVE new “stuff” obviously- at least all my purchases are small this week in comparison to yours! Happy you are already feeling like a lean machine again! Feels GREAT doesn’t it? I see you’ll be going to a HEAVY WT rotation again… Sounds to me like you have this training cycling down pat! Good for you woman! Hats Off!!! Go for it tonight!

:7 DEBRA: I’m so excited about prospect on buyers! I can feel your hope!!! Fingers & toes crossed all day today! LOL on sites of home city… I lived in CA from birth to 29 and saw more tourist sites AFTER I moved to Houston! Guess we kinda take it all for granted when we call a place home. Thanks for info on Self Abs… At least that’s one purchase I can pass on! If there’s no burn I don’t need to be doing it! Enjoy GS Legs today- that’s such a good one!

:7 LEA: Hope your week is settling a bit today… You are such an on the go mama! Maybe you were spending yesterday in the kitchen cooking up all your protein for the week?! Martha Jr!!!

:7 Wendy: Yes I did shop til I dropped yesterday (literally!) I go in spurts… Fatigue is a shopping trigger for me so I really have to limit computer time on those kind of days. Congrats on checking off L&B! You are back in the swing again. Reupholstery? What CANT you do ???? So young and so much talent! I wanna be like you in my next life. My DH wants to be one of our dogs too next time around! He sure doesn’t want to be me- I don’t eat fast food, fried food, miracle whip! He’d be MISERABLE! I LOL at your “Hope your day is wonderful and pain free”…. YES you are now one of the experienced ones here- already noticing the X Curse! Its like zingers get thrown in just for a little extra Tony Challenge.

:7 TRACY: Your routine yesterday sounds GREAT! Are you able to find any “good burn” when doing your lower work? You seem to be on the road to recovery and more chipper & hopeful- like you can see the lite at the end of the tunnel… Or is it just the muscle relaxers I hear??? So hoping it warms up for so you can get back to your Plyo Hill Runs soon! We are back in the 89 range today after 3 days of Sandras dam* Canadian Cold Front!

:7 KATIE: LOL- Are we a bit overwhelming as a group? We are all very different ladies that seem to work quite nicely together as a workout crew. I have been amazed that all of us with our varied experiences, backgrounds, knowledge, & opinions can cohabitate for such a long time and remain best buddies! I think its how female relationships are SUPPOSE TO BE! Hope you are enjoying the new camaraderie!

:7 Laurie: Oh to have a singing voice ! What a spectacular gift!!! I thinks its wonderful that you have found so many different ways to use your talent. Do any of your kids have the voice of mom? So tell me about this Exercise On Demand… Is it live Pay Per View? Would the cost be worth it for a workout?

:7 SANDRA: Hope you got Timesaver 1 in yesterday! I just love the DVD – I know I could always just Mix N Match the originals but I do love how Cathe gets creative in her Premixes! So let me ask you…. You started on Phase 3 rotation… Whats that like for your body? Is it more challenging than going back to start? Curious minds want to know!
I never got to store to explore veggie selection…I don’t shop at the “fun” grocers because of cost & locations… Kroger & Walmart are my only options within a decent mile or 2- I’m not sure I’ll find anything that I haven’t eaten before… will be on the lookout tho! There is one thing I keep meaning to try as Guida (Food Network) “roasts” these veggies all the time but I cannot for the life of me recall its name! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Edamame- (Soy beans) I get them in frozen section in pods (that’s half the fun!)… Usually boil for 3 minutes then Sea or Kosher Salt pods and eat …. My dogs LOVE the pods ! You kind of suck the peas out thru the small end of pod. Its finger food at its finest!

I do believe I’m all caught up from yesterday!

I have a full box of BB Recovery Formula Drink that I will happily ship to anyone who wants it- (free of course!)... The sugar content is what may be sending me back to sugar cravings so I want to just stick with my protein drink for recovery... Just post or PM if you want it! Gotta have a quick trigger finger here! - If you havent tried it - tastes YUMMY! Like an Orange Fluff Drink! I LOVE the stuff

About Yesterdays Detox Day… Well I lived pretty much on Sandras Pumpkin Cauliflower Soup yesterday!:7 I was so happy I had extra in freezer- it was perfect for a sick detox day. Feeling lean again this morning and no sugar cravings yesterday- I must have slept thru them all. Eating is back on track with Tosca Plan. :7
Will do Chest & Back this morning and my TaeBo abs from yesterday and see how it goes. If this afternoon finds me feeling chipper again I’ll go ahead and get PlyoX done but wont push it unless the bod says go!
I did add a few “purchases” to yesterdays binge but will wait and let you all know about them as they arrive! :7 }(
Great Day to all Xers new & used…. I mean new & old… I mean new & experienced….

Good morning,

I am officially food hungover. Blech :p I'm sure part of how I'm feeling is the result of sleep deprivation, too. I'm not getting to bed early enough, yet still getting up at my early time.

TracyX - I love the way you started off today's check in. I wish the same for you!

TraciX - Oooooh, you poor dear. You felt awful yesterday, didn't you? Frankly, I'm jealous you got to snooze all day!!! Right now, that seems like the most enjoyable thing the world has to offer. How are you feeling today? Interesting question you asked about how it feels to start with Phase 3. No, it doesn't feel harder at all. I think if I were starting back at Phase 1, and having to do CB and SA 3 times through, I would be bored and impatient. A big part of Phase 1 is to accommodate the need for people to adjust to the workouts, mentally and physically. I feel like I'm already there in that regard, and I know the workouts sooooo well by now that I'm ready to get down to business. Frankly, I don't think I have the patience to follow all 13 weeks as written anymore. Maybe after I get back from Ontario (which will fall on my Recovery Week), I will do 2 consecutive weeks of CB & SA, then 2 consecutive weeks of CST & BB. Recovery week. Then back to alternating them for four more weeks. Something like that. I hope CB feels good for you today!

DebraX - Any more news on the offer? I really hope you got your house sold yesterday!!

JeanetteX - I'm sending you fast-legs & strong-heart vibes for your time trial tonight!!! At least with all that wind, you'll be going super-dooper fast in one direction! Will you be using P90X for your heavy weight rotation?

LeaX - I hope you get a bit more time to chat with us; you must have been very busy over the weekend.

Katie - I sincerely hope you feel better soon. I agree with the rest that you might want to lighten things up a bit for a few days, to make sure you're all better by Thursday. Maybe not complete rest, if you just can't do that, but less intense?

Wendy - if you come visit me, will you redecorate my whole house? I honestly don't know how you have time to do all these projects. I guess 8-hours/night of sleep is over-rated, huh?

LaurieX, Deb, and Amy - Have great workouts today. I look forward to hearing what's going on with each of you.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If so, speak up!! I love reading about all of you.

Chest, Shoulders & Triceps went surprisingly well yesterday, despite my salt-bloated body. I find push ups are definitely harder when the stomach is bloated and full of fluids. A yucky feeling. I did manage to match my last round with CST, in everything. Since that was my goal, I'm happy with it. SJP step was perfect for how I was feeling. ARX was it's usual intense self.

So, on to a day of high intensity cardio and a 30 min leg workout. I haven't figured out what actual workouts I'm going to do, and given my mushy, tired brain, nothing sounds appealing. Oh well, I'll have a second cup of coffee later and figure something out. I would love to "fast" today, but have no idea how one does that. BeachBody sent us a can of "2-day fast" powder, when we ordered P90 for DH. It's in my cupboard. I'm not into the idea of using powders, though. Would rather just eat tons of fruit and veggies. Is that how you do it? Fruit salad for breakfast, lunch & dinner?

This afternoon I'm going to the university to meet with someone in career counselling. I made this appointment a couple of months ago, it kept getting cancelled, and finally I will go today. Hopefully the meeting will give me some optimism about my job options, which might help motivate me to finish my thesis.

It snowed again last night. Heaven help me.
Cheers,
SandraX

Good morning!

Today was the warmup and 1st combo of Rhythmic Step (DH thinks it sounds like circus music) and then the 1st 2 combos and stretch of Step Blast. Fun step workout for me. I didn't want anything too intense this morning, but wanted to get out any lactic acid remaining. I find that the day after a hard ride or workout, I will be huffing and puffing more than usual and will feel burn all over my body until I get things moving. I took a walk on my lunch hour yesterday so think that helped. Anyone else experience this kind of thing? I didn't want to deal with it at the time trial tonite so thought I'd make sure it was all gone this morning. I'll be sure and warm up good tonite on my bike before the start. It's looking to be windy, so it will be fast leaving the start and slow coming in. Oh well, I'll just look at it as a workout. We typically get more wind in the springtime anyway. Think last year's 1st time trial was cancelled due to poor weather.

Traci, that sleeping sounds really good and know it must have been good for your cold. Sending good vibes that this is the shortest cold on record for you. Mine seem to last for weeks and weeks and weeks and I wonder where all that mucous comes from. Glad you are listening to your body and modifying when needed. Thanks so much for the well wishes tonite. When it's windy, I soooo want to not show up, but that would be the easy way out and I need the once a week hard bike ride anyways. Just got to put my mind to it and do it! You'll be right alongside me in my head, cheering me on, especially when passing the speed sign (might not even register going that slow). That pumpkin-cauliflower soup must really be something! I'm one that can eat the same thing over and over and not get too bored. Glad you are feeling lean again. Hate the bloat from salty foods. What new purchases do you have to report about? Oh yeah, did your MIL like the No Pudge brownies? I would have been sad to see them go, but I think you did the right thing. If it's in my cupboard, it's probably going to get eaten. Wish DH hadn't bought a bag of kettle chips (jalapeno flavor). Not sure if I have the rotation thing down, but need a change from the light weight stuff. I remember doing one of Fitness Freak's rotations and it "shocking" my body in a good way. I'm looking forward to the new furniture. Got to move the old stuff out to the garage tonite. My brother is supposed to pick it up.

Sandra, been there with the food hangover before. Seems like you had a bunch of get-togethers with friends & family if I remember right. One is tough enough for me. I like the way that you are modifying P90X to fit you. That's pretty neat that you kept your strength and could jump right into Phase 3. I just don't have the mental gumption right now to start P90X, so will be doing one of Fitness Freak's rotations, which are pretty good too. I'll modify down the cardio when needed as I definitely don't want too much. Have that part figured out. Hope your meeting goes well today.

Oh yeah, I posted some desert pictures to my Picture Trail last night. They are in the Outdoor Fun album. We were all sooooo dusty that day.

Jeanette

Good morning

First, let me say this, I really missed you guys.:) my Easter was spented in bed, I'd a virus or something. I took off yesterday, boy are they MADx( but I wasn’t feeling good. Anywho, doctor said my knee wasn’t broken only swollen, he said you had a nasty little fall. My shoulder is about 95% healed still can feel a little pain with movements.

I stepped on my scale this morning, oh boy! up a whopping 4lbs EEK! my bag, cuz I ate like crazy a woman, I must admit there was some good eating going on in the house x( :9 I ate sleep and watched movies. But, its okay going to have my last something tonight, Butter Pecan Ice-cream got a whole pint waiting on me tonight, then I'll be done and back on track.

I’m going to start P90X this Saturday, cant't wait, :) :) but in the mean time, back at the ranch, going to start my first cardio on Thursday eases back slowlyyy. Back to chat later.

Teddygirl~

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph1/Wk2/Day2/Rnd2

Today is plyoX

Yesterday I was only able to do Chest & Back plus ARX. Didn't have any energy for my run. AF showed up yesterday, and the energy level was non existant. But I have to increase my weight on heavy pants. I didn't feel the burn, and as Tony said you need to feel that burn on the last three. :) So I will need to increase to 25's next time.

Debra, Good luck on the home negotiations, that can be very nerve racking. Crossing fingers and toes, just like Traci. I received the Tosca book yesterday, so will be reading it this week. I scanned the recipies and they look really tasty.

Traci, Exercise on Demand is included in our cable package and it SUCKS! The workouts are really good, but the cable company must not have it programmed right. The program freezes too many times. I was watching a Mark Blanchard Power Yoga, and it froze in the down dog. When it finally got back on track they where in a triangle pose. I think this is a call that I need to make to the cable company. Both of my DD's like to sing, my oldest has been in choir for 2 years. She will be joining our magrical group this year also.

Jeanette, I love to hear about people that have been in magrical groups. When they attend the faire you can always tell, because they sing along with our group. Some people have actually joined in with us, and have a great time. Hope you do well with the time trials. And your furniture arrives today also. :D

Wendy, I had to LOL at taking Tony down. Of course that might be too much fun. I laughed at one of his jokes last night. I have seen these things for 90 days straight, and I still managed to laugh at a joke. :7 The songs we sang yesterday where, Jesus Christ has Risen Today, Chist is Alive, and Now all the vault. The first one is a Easter classic. Hope your DH is feeling better quick.

Tracy, So glad to hear you are able to get your workouts in, even though modified. We are suppose to get 1-2 inches of snow tonight, so the weather is just as lovely for us. Our baseball stadium is going to be used by the Indians and Angels today. I guess our taxes for the dome stadium are coming in handy. Tickets are $10 each. Sounds like it would be a fun time.

Sandra, Are you using different cardio for this round? I'm thinking of using some of the premixes from Cathe's. Maybe using some of the blasts instead of PlyoX. And of course doing my many KB workouts that I have in place of Kenpo. I received Strike Zone and am thinking of that one for Saturday.

Katie, Glad you received your P90X. How many times have you read it? :D I think I read that thing 4 times already. :D

Edit to add my eating:
#1 Egg Whites, Oatmeal, Banana
#2 Mini Shredded Wheat, FF Milk, Strawberries & Raspberries
#3 Grilled Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Caul & Brocc.
#4 Turkey on ww bread with mustard, tomatoes
#5 Unsure yet.

Have a good day

Laurie

Teddygirl,

So glad you are back with us. That's great news that nothing was broken and the shoulder is healing up. Good for you for easing back to start P90X later this week. That'll give your shoulder a little more time to heal. I find that pushups are tough on my shoulder joints at first. Hey, throw that ice cream away!!!! Of course that's easy for me to say as I like it okay, but am not a huge fan of it. I ended up throwing away the rest of my apple cake with the cream cheese frosting and gave away the uneated Applebees blondie brownies to my daughter. They are just too tempting for me to keep around. Why would they be mad that you stayed home when you were sick? Where do you work? Did they want to be sick too? Anyhows, glad you are back. Be careful on those stairs!

Jeanette

Happy to say that Chest & back is complete as is TaeBo Floor Abs… Both were KILLER today….Chest & Back had such a high cardio effect today- guess that’s a good thing! Surprised at my strength but not with endurance- all in all glad I got those done. PLYO may be in the cards for this evening- definitely want to get my 30 minute Power Yoga in tho.

TeddyGirl: ^5! My gals alive! Just gotta get you internet at home! So happy you are back and on the mend…. So do ya think that ice cream will help your shoulder & knee heal faster?

Jeanette: Smart cardio today! I just know you’re going to amaze yourself in TT tonight! You’ve worked so hard & have become so strong…. LOL on Mil & No Pudge- I took her the mixes… I knew if I made them DH and I wouldn’t have made it thru the 30 minute drive to her house! We are just sooooooo bad like that. She looked at me funny when I told her how to make them tho… I bet she throws in Miracle Whip instead of NF Yogurt! What GREAT new pics! I love the family one!!! You are just all so cute and healthy…. DH bought an old jeep (40yrs old) to fix up and take to beach house…that was 2 years ago… Its still sitting in parts in my Houston garage!

LAURIE: Enjoy Plyo today? I do so love that CRAZY workout- I still laugh out loud at Tony… I just seem to hear him say new things every day… That’s impressive poundage for heavy pants. I noticed today that my 20’s for Heavy Pants was not the perfect form… my upper torso doesn’t stay still enough so I am going to drop to 15’s after 5 or 6 reps. The Lawn Mowers I simply must find a way to go heavier but 20’s are my max and I don’t have those additional weights . hmmmmmmmm So sorry about EOD! Its awful when you have a workout at your finger tips & its doesn’t work right. Glad to hear the book came! Cant wait to hear your thoughts.

SANDRA: lalalala Its DETOX DAY! What did you indulge in my dear? AWESOME way to bring it with C,S,T!!!! You Strong Woman! When I fast I usually do fruit in am hours and then fruit & veggies for MID Day and clean soup for dinner . Using your soup yesterday was actually very satisfying all day tho so I may do that again in the future. I appreciate your thoughts on X Phases. I think in future if I don’t wait too long between rounds I will do Phase 3 for 2 or 3 months. That really could mean the difference between 2 rounds of X a year or 3. I can use GS & SH if “off” months but I do see X & Barrys BootCamp as being more my staples for strength…. I sure hope Cathe puts out another strength but in the format of alternating body parts… That would give me more options. CONGRATS on your meeting today…. Things are about to start moving again for you!

Off to run errands- Great day to all!:7

Thanks ladies. I did end up doing GS C&T last night, but not the cardio. I woke up this morning to do a cardio workout and thought to myself "What are you doing? Are you trying to get pneumonia?" So I went back to bed and decided to not workout today or tomorrow. Hopefully by Thursday I will back to myself and get started on the X. If not, I'll wait and start it next week. I tend to push myself too hard at times and it ends up only hurting me more.

Traci - Not overwhelming at all. I am very grateful for the fine group of women on these boards. They have kept me strong and going for the past year! I noticed the sugar content on the BB stuff as well and it kind of changed my mind about purchasing them. I think I'll just substitute my own shakes and bars.

Netta - Sounds like you had a fun workout today. Anytime you get to do Step Blast is a good cardio day!

Laurie - A run after that workout sounds tough. Do you add a lot of extra cardio after the X workouts?

Sandra - Sorry you're feeling yucky. I HATE that bloated extra water weight feeling after eating salty food. It's hard to find your energy when feeling that way. I usually just go through all my workouts and find one that happens to inspire me for that day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie

Okay, this is what I plan on doing today. I want a 60 minute plyo-type workout, and a 30 min leg workout. And I need something with a fresh fun-factor, because heaven knows I need the motivation today. So, I'm going to do DrillMax cardio & lower body premix, skip the stretch, then skip the warm up and do DrillMax scrambled cardio premix. That should clock in at 87 mins. I may die around minute 70, but you all won't know until I don't check in tomorrow. As soon as I'm done the workout I'll have to rush to get dressed for my afternoon appointment.

JeanetteX - Debbie does put together some good stuff. I like how she also gives the generic template, so you can substitute your preferences. I checked out the desert pics. You look like you're having a lot of fun. You have a very nice smile, btw.

LaurieX - Chest & Back plus ARX is a pretty intense workout for a feel-bad day. Good for you for making it through! Yes, this round the only thing written in ink are the upper body workouts. The rest are whatever I feel like doing, while trying to stay with the spirit of the Doubles rotation. I have to say I'm having a lot of fun with it this way. Very nice menu for the day!

Teddygirl - Mmmmm! Butter Pecan Ice cream! Sounds wonderful. Yesterday alone I had a serving of caramel-fudge ice cream on my lunch (which was left over apple crumble!), and double-churned extra-creamy chocolate ice cream with the generous helpings or birthday cake at dinner. But it's a protein, right?? I'm glad you sustained no long-term injuries from your fall. Those nasty germs snuck in there, though! Ugh! Get better soon. Saturday will be here before you know it. There are, what, 2 or 3 (?) other people who are starting at the end of this week, too.

TraciX - I'll say the same thing to you that I said to LaurieX: congratulations on making it through that beast of a workout when you're feeling under the weather. How were the Taebo abs? My whole core is sore today. Funny how ARX can still do that to me. Have a great time with your power yoga! Thanks for the advice on the fasting thing. My lunch is going to be the pumpkin-cauliflower soup, and a leafy green salad with seasoned tofu. I just need me some protein, but I'll keep it vegetarian. Tonight's dinner might be black bean soup.

Katie - I like your plan! It's very hard to find the balance between "challenging" yourself and overtraining. I struggle with it all the time. I hope the antibiotics have kicked in and you're feeling better.

Okay, time to go get ready for my workout. I think I'll just take it one drill at a time and see how it goes.

Cheers,
SandraX

Hi everyone- I hopw everyone had a nice Easter holiday--I am going to try and read up on the thread later but I was wondering if anyone else felt this way who tried to follow the diet in phase 1 the first time you did P90X-my stomach feels like its going to eat itself-I;ve been following the nutrition for 2 days now and only just realized it's practically all protein & 1 carb and 1 fruit!!-I'm jittery 'm trying to drink so much water to fool myself into believing I'm full-did you all feel this way and should I stick with this nutrition plan like it calls for to get the best results or should I start adding in some carbs-I mean will this feeling of yuckiness pass if I just stick with it??--HELP--deb

Debfer: I guess the first ? I have for ya is do you have actual weight you are trying to lose? IF YES and its 10#s plus (in my opinion) add a small extra carb (non fruit) to early part of day to help with hunger... Make sure you are eating enough to get you around 1800 cals... Were you the one who was eating 1400 and were slowly going to add cals?
Here's what I found my first round.... The first week or 2 I was STARVING- Part of it was I still wasnt eating enough protein at ever meal... Part was that my body was adjusting to the muscles working so hard thus absorbing all my calories. It does adjust....

If you have no weight to lose then I would say either add a couple of carbs (grains) and if you still are struggling move to phase 2. Phase 1 is very Atkins-y to me... I dont mind that and actually eat 3-4 days a week like that BUT to do that AND being lifting heavy is a slippery slope IMO.

HTH

Hi Traci-X--that wasn't me (re: 1400 cal)-my nutrition level is 1800 cal-I think you hit it on the nail- I need to eat more protein but I'm not a big protein eater or eggs either-& theres no peanut butter on this plan-was up with that?-LOL- anyways, I just had some cut red pepper & carrots with some hummus & I'm feeling better but wonder how long that will last- I'll need to go back & read what it says for vegetarians (as I'm not a big meat eater) & supplement with protein with more beans or something-I have about 5 lbs of belly fat that I wish would go away & then I should be a lean maching-yeah right--thanks for any info you have--deb

Good afternoon Ladies :)

After I finished homeschooling the girls, I broke down and bought some needlenose pliers. My hands were blistered and swollen this morning. You should have seen me struggling with the pliers and staple remover last night. I will not be taken down by a dirty settee!!!!

Tonight is Kenpo without shoes. Hopefully, this will improve my foot pivots. I promise to land like Catwoman. I wonder if it will help me look like Holly Berrie. ;-)

Hi Tracy: I am constantly amazed at your dedication. I hope your stetch relieved any soreness you had.

Traci: Oooo! I'm so jealous! 12 hours of sleeping. How's your cold now? Good for you for knowing and respecting what your body can do! I see your possible game plan for today. Take it easy. We can't have you sleeping and not checking in. Who says I can reupholster! This is my first attempt with a wing back settee. I barely have an idea of what I'm doing. Kinda like when I first started P90X. LOL I helped my father cover the seat cushions on a couple of antique benches when I was 16. But that one piece of fabric and tacks for the trim. I did find a step by step site complete with actual pictures showing how to reupholstered a wing back chair. It's the same concept as what I'm attempting. I have instructions on how to put everything back together if I can ever remove all these darn staples!! I WILL be victorious in the end! My hands might be blistered beyond recognition, but I will prevail! :D How's that for a good game face? :+ Oh, be careful what you wish for... Are you sure you want to go through labor 5 times? One of those being a c-section? Are you sure you want to deal with my ex? Not to mention my crazy Asian mother, who rearranges my furniture every time she visits. ;-) Hmmm? I may be spoiled now, but it was a long, hard road to get to this place in my life. Dh says if there's any justice, I'll come back as him! LOL

Jeanette: Yes, my soreness goes away once my body warms up. The only problem is motivating myself to move when my body is sore! That's good you're getting all the lactic acid flushed out before you TT today! Hopefully, the wind will be pushing you up the hills. I'd love to see the speed sign pic if your dh takes one. Just think of hurrying up so you can get home and move out the old furniture and bring in the new! Good Luck tonight!

Laurie: Check you out! Going up to 25 pounds for heavy pants! You go girl! I love the songs you sung for Easter. I usually have the girls memorize an entire hymn for every holiday. We learn about the composer, background information, and what each verse means. Their grandmother eats it up!!! We didn't get to it this Easter. We usually sing a hymn before we sit down for dinner too. Only the first verse though. It doesn't sound beautiful to human ears, but that's not the point. It must warm your heart when your audience sings along with you. When my gf plays her cello at retirement centers, the older people sing along to the hymns. It's really sweet. Again, I ask, why not egg yolks and only egg whites? Educate me you guys!

Hello Dear Sandra-X: LOL I'm hungover with you too! The good thing is that we don't have to hover over the toilet like a drunken hangover. Singing, "Always look at the bright siiiide of life, too-do, do do ta ta do." I am fortunate that I'm able to sleep in if needed. I'm not an early morning riser like you guys here. I'm happy if I sleep in till 8:30. So, you see, I do get at least 8 hours of sleep. Dh has to wake up at 5 for work. He's conditioned. Sure, I'll decorate your house as soon as I'm done with mine. Looks like I'll have to pencil you in my next life. ;-) Tell us about your future career choices when you get back here. I can live vicariously through you. BTW, you are not allowed to die from Drill Max premixes. You have responsibilites here lady! I'm sure you'll make it through the entire 87 minutes of torture just fine! You're conditioned! :)

Teddygirl: Welcome back!! Work will get over it. The important thing is that you take care of yourself. I'm so happy that your knee and shoulder is on the mend and you didn't break anything! Your fall sounded so painful! Don't worry too much about the scale. Weight is a funny thing. Depending on the time of month, my weight can fluctuate up to 4 pounds. For instance, I ate like the pig I ate for Easter dinner, and the scale weighed me 2 pounds lighter than I normally weigh. I'm not gloating since I KNOW in a week, my weight will register a lot higher!

Katie: If you start P90X on Thursday, we'll have the same rest day! Don't count on me to remind you of which work out needs doing. I can barely remind myself what I have to do. I'm glad your not overwhelmed by us, err, me. ;-) Good idea buying your own drinks and bars. Dh drinks the sugar loaded BB recovery drinks. He needs to gain weight though.

Deb: I didn't follow their nutrition guidelines strictly. Heck, I didn't follow them much at all. Okay, I didn't follow it at all. However, I didn't eat anymore than what I normally ate prior to starting the X. I didn't find myself shaky or hungry. Maybe, you might want to change your ratios around to include more carbs. The ladies here will give you better advice than me!!!!

Lea, where are you??? I saw a commercial and thought of you! It was for Florida Orange Orangejuice. There's this backyard BBQ and the children are swinging at a pinata. The pinata breaks and out falls a ton of celery! The kids gleefully exclaim, "Yeah!!! Celery!!!!" while the adults look on with a sorta stunned look on their face. I thought you'd get a kick out of it.

Well, looks like personals are caught up for now. Hi to those that follow! Back to pulling staples again. The feeling has returned to my hands.

Wendy

Ha!!! I survived! DM Cardio & Lower Body followed by DM Scrambled Cardio is done! I'm trying to inhale bites of salad as I type. Next time I do DM cardio & lower body, I'm going to leave out the upper body movements of the leg exercises and substitute heavier weights. Otherwise, this was an intense plyo workout that literally kept me hopping from start to finish. An excellent sub for PlyoX. Because you repeat all the drills 2x (and #5 and #2 three times), it's very much like PlyoX with all its repetitions. When she left off the burpees and tuck jumps with Drill #6 in the scrambled cardio premix, I just about kissed the screen. I'll do this again sometime, for sure!!!!

Deb - Both JeanetteX and I were starving for the first few days of the Phase 1 eating plan. After a few days things got better. If you find you're more thirsty and peeing more, it's because your kidneys are working overtime as they shed the water that is stored when you have more carbs in your system. Keep in mind that eating this way is not necessary, just an option to make you slim down quickly (although not from body fat loss - from water loss).

Will I burn more calories by making my stomach digest only slightly-chewed food? I'm probably going to end up with a stomach ache real soon. Gotta go!

SandraX

Debra: No, I didn't forget you. I simply forgot to check yesterday's evening posts. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! I've gotta hand it to you having your dh work in Russia while you're holding down the fort by yourself. I can understand why NC is the place you want to be. Your dd isn't spoiled, she's just loved! That's another one of my stories I stick to with a passion. I remember the doll Nikki. My oldest picked out Samantha. She saved her pennies and bought it on her own. Later, we bought her Nellie, Samantha's best friend. DD hardly plays with her AG dolls though. If I can ever get the nerve up to take the train into NYC, we'll visit the AG place there. How cool that your dd was chosen to feed the dolphins. My oldest dd loves dolphins, wants to swim with them too. Dd was picked to help demonstrate the senses of sharks when we were at the aquarium. She was so excited to stand in front of everyone. She's such an exhibitionist! That's why I think she chose the harp. Those hapists are a dramatic breed! Let us know if you sold the house. Crossing all my moveable joints that it gets sold. :)

Wendy

Sandra,

Yay! You made it! Enough of all the sub talk. I better start a "I've Gotta Dream" journal to record all these great subs. Hope you made it to your career appointment on time.

Jeannette: YogaX? Well, it was long! LOL What part of YogaX does everyone cut out when they're short on time? Did you ever take singing lessons? Dd wants to take some to improve her range and stay on key.

Okay, I'm stalling. Back to working on that settee I go.

Wendy

Good afternoon lady-x'ers! Just got back from the trip to Sam's club to fill the pantry.

No sign of my "X" box yet. Need to check the UPS site to track.

I enjoy reading all the posts. It will be difficult some days to get to PM all of you. It blows my mind - tryingx( to remember each name and your installment. Bear with me.

I did DM all cardio this AM. My diet is cleaning up nicely:p . I'm so happy with myself. Food is what I have been using as a way to add "badness" to my life. Counting on replacing the food with Tony!:7

I love Cathe - she rocks! But I need some motiviation and change up. Ya know?

I'll Check back in tomorrow. Have a great evening.

Amy,

Remind me again, when did you order the X? I placed our order on a Sunday night. At the time, the extra expediated shipping fee was included. We didn't get it until Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week.

You know, I have a difficult time remembering everything. I'm really surprised how much I remember with this check-in. I think it's because like someone, I think Traci-X, (see, there goes my memory)mentioned earlier: We are all so different, but get along well. It was something to that effect. Anyhow, take it in little pieces and you'll get to know all of us in no time flat!

Tony is a good replacement for bad food. He hasn't really helped me, but I wasn't looking for him to do that. Nope, I've got food issues that only divine intervention can handle. LOL

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.