Xers Same name Saturday......................

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just getting us a late start. I hope everyone has a great day. I'll BBL, with personals etc,

Happy Day before Easter! (not to offend anyone who doesn't celebrate:))

Tracy

Hi all-
Ditto tracys post here;-)
Loving all the STS & even Le Cafe! - My biggest fear- (yes its a fear) is that sts anythung will bring hundreds of posters .... I'm not saying at all that STS shouldnt be used just thinking out loud- I know I wont be able to do personals with a slew people....... Dont worry about all that when selecting a name tho...I'll make it work whatever happens.....Can ya all tell I dont have a lot of friends? ;-) Oh I know...We have an 8 person max...WITH A WAITING LIST TO JOIN US!!!!! ROFLMAO! Maybe MEMBERSHIP FEES!!!!!!! Ya baby! ?STS? is a profit center now!
Back later if I can- its the last perfect day in terms of temps then a slight chill will come in tomorrow....gotta take advantage of the great outdoors...

BTW: I am in awe of the creative juices.....

Our fridge/freezer here is going out...Fingers crossed it lasts thru weekend...We'll be replacing that this week....

Good morning! It's going to be a quiet one around here today....

Tracy - that was an interesting way you did PLB yesterday. You sure are creative with your lifting. Yes, I did preorder Amy's new ones. You did, too?

Wendy - 2 35lb dbs for deadlifts?? Girl, you aren't supposed to take the name literally! You made banana chocolate chip muffins, too?? I promise you I'm not lying when I say I made those yesterday. I made a recipe from my Flax Cookbook. They're very tasty. How long have you been eating "clean"? Simply eating nutritious foods doesn't knock off any pounds for me. I can overeat on any kind of eating plan. To lose weight, I have to consciously cut calories. I don't relate to people who wake up one day and say, "Oh look! I've lost 10 pounds! Must be because I stopped using butter on my sandwiches." I didn't make the salmon last night after all. We picked up Chinese take out, instead. We'll do the salmon tonight. I'm not sure if everyone here will be doing the STS. Most of us have preordered, I think. Have you?

Kim - Well, you must be an energizer bunny this weekend. I'm no fitness expert, more like a fitness junkie, but I think your 8 week plan sounds really good!! Will you be alternating the run and weight days? Depending on how hard you push yourself, you will either maintain your P90X gains, or you could even improve. I find it's easy to get complacent with Cathe's weight workouts. Traci and Tracy are much better than most people I've seen at making the weight workouts work for them, rather than just following along. I hope you share your P90X results with us in a week or two.

I think I've been fighting some kind of bug for the last 3 days, at least. I've had such stultifying lethargy, with fluctuating sinus headaches, for no explicable reason. The toddler's had a runny nose this past week, too. After the Chinese food last night I thought for sure I'd feel as bad this morning, but I actually feel quite normal. I hope it was just a bug, and I'll finally feel motivated to do something productive today. It's our Super Saturday, and all activities are a go, even though it's the long weekend. So, I need to go make lunches, do my workout, and all the rest of it. I'll be around.

My workout today will be CC#2 on the bike, and 30mins of some yoga (maybe PY4H Quickie).

Cheers,
Sandra

Good morning!!!

Guess what I'm doing again today? That's right, painting:p By the end of yesterday I was cursing at the walls and trim. My patience is about gone with this business.

Not sure what workout I'm doing today. I previewed the 10 minute trainer and cared for it so little I'm returning it today. I don't think it's worth $80, that's for sure!

Still no creative names have come popping through this brain of mine. I think it's too filled with paint fumes:)

Everyone have a lovely Easter week. I am so glad to have a week off of driving the munchkins to school:D

Miss you all lots,

Nicole

Feel the burn!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

I have to agree with Traci on STS maybe getting way too many people on the thread. Plus, what will happen when we are sick of it? I can't see myself doing it more than twice a year. Just a thought.

Traci - Ohhh.... you all are getting hit with all sorts of bills. I hope you can enjoy the weekend in spite of it.

Kim - I was contemplating the same sort of rotation for a few weeks. I think it would give some variety and good results. The only problem for me is I might do one total upper per week just because I like to do total upper and I can create something on my own to add in variety. There are so many of Cathe's weight training dvds that have so much potential. To gain/maintain results with Cathe you have to push to failure some and not worry about how many reps you do. You can always go to failure then complete the number of reps with a lighter weight. It's all about your mindset, although it is difficult to push week in and week out.

Sandra - I did order the new Amy's. You are creative with workouts too. You just don't seem to experiment with the weight workouts like I do. Would you like some fun/ effective combo's? I can give you some suggestions. I hope you are feeling better. I always get that lethargic feeling right before ttom. It's a fight to workout. I've been eating clean for years, especially I have tried to eat low fat for the last 20+ years. I think it has really helped my body composition. I've really had to be conscious recently of eating enough. I guess we are all different.

Off to do something. The weather here stinks again.

Tracy

Morning ladies,
No time to post personals this morning. We had a nice dinner with Mom, Dad, Grandma and my sister's family. My casserole was ca-ca. I crumpled up the recipe and threw it away and the rest of the casserole in the dumpster this morning. Dessert was okay. Next week may be take out for them LOL! DH made steaks and shrimp for them and everyone loved it. He's just making me look bad LOL! I always said he was the cook in this family. Doesn't matter to me.

Today was Amy Bento's ASCI 2 combos only, with 1 riser this time. Then switched to then Cardio Fusion step combos and the blasts. Good cardio workout for me.

DH and I are heading out to the desert today with the Rhino and the girls. He's loading it up on the flatbed trailer right now. No shower for me, just get dressed and pack stuff up. I will post later tonite.http://www.emotihost.com/dogs/1.gif[/IMAGE]

Probably a good idea to stay away from the STS name.

Ta Ta,

Jeanette

Well we just did a 6mile run this morning rather than 7. It was so icy and it wasn't worth the chance of someone falling. My friend twice had her foot break through the ice into the water and got a shoe full of ice water. :eek: The weather was quite warm just slippery due to melting some days and then refreezing.

DD and I just finished painting Easter eggs. Tonight my family is having an Easter dinner and tomorrow I'm cooking for DH's side of the family. Does anyone with kids do the Easter egg hunt??

Sandra, I will alternate running with the weight days and definitely will share my P90X results with you when I'm done.

Kim

Hi ladies,
Everyone must be out and about today. DH and I had a nice day on the Rhino. However, started out with having to buy a new tire for the flatbed trailer as one of the tires had a slice in it and couldn't be repaired. Okay, got that accomplished and we left for the desert. Had a nice time. So good to air out for an afternoon. Tomorrow I'm hoping to do the group bike ride and golf 9 holes.

Kim, glad you could check in. Totally understand about it getting crazy. You are smart to listen to your body. I've had to take it easy with this cold, but am now getting antsy to work out harder. It just doesn't pay to push when the body is saying rest. My neighbor rides her mtn. bike on the road so is somewhat experienced. Know she will love the road bike and the feeling of speed. Think she has a bad cold right now so is holding off on riding until she feels better. So you've never had Thai food either? I thought I was the only one on the planet LOL! I think you have a good plan until STS comes out. I too need to focus on building up my endurance on the bike. Just tough to get it all in. And golf once or twice a week. Would love to quit my job, but that's not a possibility. Need 5 more years until retirement. Kind of scary retiring with the economy looking so bad. Hope you enjoyed the run today. Glad no one got hurt on the ice.

Sandra, I like when Cathe mentions that we look like little crabs during the firewalkers. I'll have to look ahead and see what step workout you ended up doing. I do like those first 2 combos in ASCI. Need to work on the other two now. Oh, I see you did Hi/Lo Extreme. My Polar HRM has not been working right the last couple times I used it at the Garage Boys. I have another one (a Timex digital model) that I like too, and doesn't act up with TV interference. I like your check in suggestions using the word Cheers or Watercooler. Sure hope you don't come down with a cold or bug. I'm at the point where I still have some mucous issues, but cardio seems to make it feel better. I was really surprised how well I rode the other night, but then 15 miles isn't much of a test. I really have to start getting longer rides in. I hear one of my favorite climbs is clear of snow and yet the road is still closed to cars. Perfect!!! Want to try that one this week. How did CC#2 go on the bike? Which version is it? I like both. CC#2 (the first) was the first CC I owned and did.

Nicole, how's that painting going? My DH is going to paint some trim on the front of the house. I don't think I've ever seen him paint in 28 years of marriage. I might fall down. Will be so nice for you not to have to drive the kids to school. Enjoy! What colors are you painting?

Tracy, nice way of doing the Lower Pyramid. Hope each day brings less pain in the hip/back.

Wendy, 2 35# DB's for Deadlifts??? OMG girl! My back would be out for sure, and I don't even have a bad back. LOL about the Skipper having some beer at lunch and skipping the yoga. Do you think he had that all planned? I would love to ride bikes with anyone here. Last year when 3 of us rode on the Columbia River in Oregon, 1 of the gals was not in shape and had never ridden a road bike. The other 2 of us just throttled back, made lots of stops to take pictures and had the best time. It was just a matter of changing our mindset from riding hard to going easy and smelling the flowers. It worked out beautifully and the newbie ended up getting a lot of confidence and having a wonderful time. You are just cooking up a storm, aren't you? I thought of you, for some reason, last night when the recipe flopped. It was just a good thing that DH came thru with his steak and shrimp. Mom was so sweet and kept complimenting the biscuits on top of the casserole. She said they were sooooo good. For heaven's sake, they were store-bought refrigerated biscuits dipped in butter and rolled in cornmeal!

Traci, sure hope the freezer is repairable. Hate appliance problems. Did you get a chance to get outside and clear your head? When is Wendell's mouth surgery again? A little over a week and we will be meeting! So exciting! http://www.emotihost.com/dancing/14.gif[/IMAGE]

Hope everyone has a great evening and a wonderful Easter. Night, night.http://www.emotihost.com/yawning/3.gif[/IMAGE]

Jeanette

Hi!!!

My Bootay is talking back! What's it saying? Yep! Don't ever use two 35# dumbbells for deadlifts again!!! I will attempt Kenpo now. Say a little prayer for me.

OH! I stumbled across a glute/hamstring raise on Testosterone Nation that looked intriguing. Of course I had to try it tonight with DOMS!! It's really cool. Kneel down on your knees with your hands straight by your sides. Have someone hold your feet and ankles while you slowly lower your torso towards the floor. See how far you can go before you put your hands in front of you to keep from hitting your face on the floor. I felt these in my lower hamstrings. Phil says I got 2/3 before I lost control. It requires some core strength as well.

Okay. I hear you. I'll stop procrastinating and push play.

Ballistic hugs to all!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.